Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 4, 2018 11:55 AM

Nov 2007
Major_Gilbert said:
shanimebib said:
I am left with a bit of wanting more in the end but this anime really gave me a lot of emotional moments most notably between episodes 7 through 11 and thus I want to say Thank You, Violet Evergarden.

9/10. Will wait for whatever comes up in the future!

...And thank you for your brilliant comments throughout the season.

Aww~ Thank you for such kind words!

I wonder if you'd change your nick. But if you did, those who would come to this thread won't get what you meant so I am gonna immortalize you!

nb. I hope to see you in Tada-kun and Wotakoi threads!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Apr 4, 2018 11:58 AM

Apr 2016
shanimebib said:
Major_Gilbert said:

...And thank you for your brilliant comments throughout the season.

Aww~ Thank you for such kind words!

I wonder if you'd change your nick. But if you did, those who would come to this thread won't get what you meant so I am gonna immortalize you!

nb. I hope to see you in Tada-kun and Wotakoi threads!

Haha thanks. But unfortunately I won't be around for most of the spring season due to exam preparation. To be exact, not until mid-June.

"Le vent se lève!... Il faut tenter de vivre!"
- Paul Valéry, Le Cimetière Marin -

Apr 4, 2018 12:37 PM

Jan 2016
Worst anime adaption ever.....I am absolutely completely disappointed. How is this even deserving to be called Violet evergarden when they changed everything of the novel? I had hopes with the ending but .....this was just....no

It was beautifully animated, the songs are well chosen, now if they had just stuck with the original story it would have been a masterpiece but with the way it ended....no just absolutely no.

"Keep on dreaming" - said the dreamer
Apr 4, 2018 12:43 PM

Apr 2016
lmaooooo they tried way too damn hard in the second half to make us feel dem feelz. Just dragging out for 11 already drawn-out minutes in this by-the-numbers finale Def a weak episode and conclusion, and one of the least emotionally potent episodes in the show, ironically.

6/10 anime
Apr 4, 2018 1:11 PM

Jan 2015
Fitting ending to the adaptation. Garbage and garbage.
https://imgur.com/a/OsRnn

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
ArdanazApr 22, 2018 7:40 AM
Apr 4, 2018 1:23 PM

Nov 2016
This final got me more emotional than I had expected,especially the part with Gilberts mom and the letter were so damn sad.

The very last scene was nice too,think there couldn't have been a better way to end this as with Violets typical way of introducing herself in front of her clients.

It was a moving journey and I enjoyed to accompany Violet on it while her character grew closer and closer to me,even so close that the end of this tale is leaving me in sadness now.

Storywise this might be a 7 for me,but the visuals, presentation and atmosphere of this series were so beautiful that I must give out an 8/10.

Looking forward to the special.
FMmatronApr 5, 2018 7:29 AM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 4, 2018 4:22 PM

Apr 2011
ImAWeebUwU said:
Fitting ending to the adaptation. Garbage and garbage.
https://imgur.com/a/OsRnn

I don't think that's the entire point of the novel. It's not about the romance.

I believe it's more of the journey that Violet took to be able to feel emotion and to connect with people rather than staying as emotionless tool for killing.

What Gilbert truly wants is for her to be free and become normal.

Yes, it's heartbreaking that they didn't meet but we got the Light Novel for that.

The novel was more of other people's perspective about Violet so we didn't really saw 'much' of her growing up as a person (we didn't even see her cry that much like in the anime).
On the other hand the anime show her struggling more on learning new skills (being a doll), the novel just made her into a perfect doll from the get go.

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.
ArdanazApr 22, 2018 7:41 AM
Apr 4, 2018 4:54 PM

Aug 2014
GreenEmu said:
Major_Gilbert said:
Not bad. Glad that I'm dead.

Only in the anime, in the LN you're still alive and living it up with your waifu Violet. And even then don't hold your breath regarding the anime given the announcement of a new project.

It was spoiled for me that he is alive in the LN, so does he return later? Or is the novel and anime different and he didn't "Die" like in the anime?
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Apr 4, 2018 5:05 PM

Apr 2011
Mezo-RPWPA said:
GreenEmu said:

Only in the anime, in the LN you're still alive and living it up with your waifu Violet. And even then don't hold your breath regarding the anime given the announcement of a new project.

It was spoiled for me that he is alive in the LN, so does he return later? Or is the novel and anime different and he didn't "Die" like in the anime?

here
Apr 4, 2018 5:10 PM

Aug 2014
hellogarry said:
Mezo-RPWPA said:

here

The new sequel could be a 13 episodes series and bringing him back will be in it but there is something i don't understanding, so in the novels are they like lovers? I mean she is like10-20 years younger than him so i'm curious specially with them saying that she is 14 in the anime and all
Also does catellya end up with that young kid or the red haired President?

Apr 4, 2018 5:28 PM

Apr 2011
Mezo-RPWPA said:

The new sequel could be a 13 episodes series and bringing him back will be in it but there is something i don't understanding, so in the novels are they like lovers? I mean she is like10-20 years younger than him so i'm curious specially with them saying that she is 14 in the anime and all

Well...

First of all the sequel won't be 13 episodes, It's an OVA which means it would only contain 1 episode.
I believe it will be another encounter with another person or probably with Lux.

Catellya (anime) is a bit different with Catellya (Novel). I mean personality wise.

As for Gilbert and Violet
Apr 4, 2018 5:33 PM

Nov 2007
@hellogarry: This will most likely be a movie or a TV series based on the announcement. I don't think this one is the already revealed episode 4.5 (OVA) which will be released in the final volume where Violet's client is a singer. It was her assignment right before her assignment with Charlotte.
Coronavirus.
Apr 4, 2018 5:36 PM

Apr 2011
shanimebib said:
@hellogarry: This will most likely be a movie or a TV series based on the announcement. I don't think this one is the already revealed episode 4.5 (OVA) which will be released in the final volume where Violet's client is a singer. It was her assignment right before her assignment with Charlotte.

Oh.. I only looked on the MAL Sequel.

I don't think there will be enough material for a sequel series.
So I believe they will do something like on 'Tamako Market' if you know what I mean.
Considering this is a product by KyoAni

But if I'm not mistaken there will be a new book for the novel so who can tell?
Though I will want a movie rather than force a 13 episode series.
Apr 4, 2018 5:37 PM

Aug 2014
hellogarry said:
Mezo-RPWPA said:

Well...

First of all the sequel won't be 13 episodes, It's an OVA which means it would only contain 1 episode.
I believe it will be another encounter with another person or probably with Lux.

Catellya (anime) is a bit different with Catellya (Novel). I mean personality wise.

As for Gilbert and Violet

looks like the novel's ending is worse than the anime's. I still haven't watched the finale but I guess it will be better than that tbh.

Thanks for the explanation.
Also what I meant by stating the age difference is that she was still a child when she was with him so I thought it would be more like maternal love would fit them more than normal romance tbh, but yeah I guess age doesn't make a huge difference here compared to other anime and real-life stuff.
RPWPAApr 4, 2018 5:47 PM

Apr 4, 2018 5:46 PM

Apr 2011
Mezo-RPWPA said:

looks like the novel's ending is as worse than the anime's. I still haven't watched the finale but I guess it will be better than that tbh.

Also what I meant by stating the age difference is that she was still a child when she was with him so I thought it would be more like maternal love would fit them more than normal romance tbh, but yeah I guess age doesn't make a huge difference here compared to other anime and real-life stuff.

I don't think it was a bad ending though, it was a pretty good ending.
Well for my personal opinion that is.

Yeah, that's what I was also thinking, but I mean years passed before they met again.
So a parental love can change to something else, that's also why Gilbert want to wait for her to realize her feelings.
Apr 4, 2018 5:52 PM

Aug 2014
hellogarry said:
Mezo-RPWPA said:

looks like the novel's ending is as worse than the anime's. I still haven't watched the finale but I guess it will be better than that tbh.

I don't think it was a bad ending though, it was a pretty good ending.
Well for my personal opinion that is.

Yeah, that's what I was also thinking, but I mean years passed before they met again.
So a parental love can change to something else, that's also why Gilbert want to wait for her to realize her feelings.

Yeah but it was weird considering he loved her before the whole death thing happened, I would say Kyoani did the right thing by making him stay dead. I also read that the director hinted at a second season some time ago and considering that the anime is episodic then it wouldn't be difficult to make a 2nd season as the sequel tbh and they could easily bring him back.

Apr 4, 2018 6:02 PM

Nov 2007
hellogarry said:
shanimebib said:

So I believe they will do something like on 'Tamako Market' if you know what I mean.

Well the side stories are already out which is written by the same author and illustrated by the same illustrator. So much so has been said by anime original episodes earlier in the story but now it looks like some of the "anime original" contents were actually the author's brainchild (like Charlotte and Alberta's episode from what I read in Japanese boards). KyoAni just had access to the contents ahead of the publication and turned them into anime like they did in the past for Hibike! Euphonium (introducing Nozomi and Mizore in their anime production before the sequel volumes were out). It was the same case with Chuunibyou in the past. I read in MAL that Ren was an anime original story but then it turned out Sophia's character was in the drafts made by the author (and she ends up appearing in the novel as well).

Anyways, I am assuming there could be new contents in the latest book and I already read that some of the contents of the first two volumes were not animated. I dunno how many stories were left out from the original two volumes so maybe those of who read it would know how many chapters/stories were not included in this anime.

And of course, they could always go Tamako Love Story and Mirai-hen routes. Both actually worked out more than fine to give thre animated TV series much better overall impression, collectively.

ALSO COULD YOU GUYS NOT DISCUSS NOVEL CONTENTS IN THE OPEN PLEASE!!!
Coronavirus.
Apr 4, 2018 6:07 PM

Apr 2013
Vivid and Asenshi subtitles are fast as always. I couldn't wait the 8 hours for the final episode. Oh my, what a final.

Apr 4, 2018 6:11 PM

Aug 2014
shanimebib said:
hellogarry said:

Well the side stories are already out which is written by the same author and illustrated by the same illustrator. So much so has been said by anime original episodes earlier in the story but now it looks like some of the "anime original" contents were actually the author's brainchild (like Charlotte and Alberta's episode from what I read in Japanese boards). KyoAni just had access to the contents ahead of the publication and turned them into anime like they did in the past for Hibike! Euphonium (introducing Nozomi and Mizore in their anime production before the sequel volumes were out). It was the same case with Chuunibyou in the past. I read in MAL that Ren was an anime original story but then it turned out Sophia's character was in the drafts made by the author (and she ends up appearing in the novel as well).

Anyways, I am assuming there could be new contents in the latest book and I already read that some of the contents of the first two volumes were not animated. I dunno how many stories were left out from the original two volumes so maybe those of who read it would know how many chapters/stories were not included in this anime.

And of course, they could always go Tamako Love Story and Mirai-hen routes. Both actually worked out more than fine to give thre animated TV series much better overall impression, collectively.

Is there a new book? Are the books like volumes in manga where each book has 5-6 chapters? Where did you read about that?

Apr 4, 2018 6:11 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
i need more of this FINE ASS WOMAN in my life

Apr 4, 2018 6:15 PM

Jun 2015
Meh, this was an okay finale. Violet saying she doesn't take any orders anymore was nice. She has truly grown a lot. Not a good show overall. It tried too hard to make me feel for the characters. It's nice to look at it. 4/10
Apr 4, 2018 6:17 PM

Nov 2007
Mezo-RPWPA said:
Is there a new book? Are the books like volumes in manga where each book has 5-6 chapters? Where did you read about that?

I already gave the link in my post above in case you missed it. I think I read somewhere in Japanese boards that the book contains 6 chapters and 2 of which are already animated. I can confirm that Charlotte's story is NOT from KyoAni but from Akatsuki Kana (original author of the novel). I think the other one is Luculia's story but I dunno.
Coronavirus.
Apr 4, 2018 6:20 PM

Aug 2014
shanimebib said:
Mezo-RPWPA said:

I already gave the link in my post above in case you missed it. I think I read somewhere in Japanese boards that the book contains 6 chapters and 2 of which are already animated. I can confirm that Charlotte's story is NOT from KyoAni but from Akatsuki Kana (original author of the novel). I think the other one is Luculia's story but I dunno.

Wait are you talking about the extra stories? Is that the new book? It'd probably have no relation to the main story tho, I mean it's called extra for a reason.

Apr 4, 2018 6:24 PM

Jun 2014
I thought this show was decent overall. I personally didn't get the feels that people constantly talked about though. I think my expectations were a little too high because of everyone hyping this show up, but it honestly boiled down to pretty colors and feels that didn't really hit me. That pretty much sums up this show. Overall it was decent but certainly not as spectacular as people made it seem.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 4, 2018 6:28 PM
Feb 2017
uninstallthegame said:
i like that the villain guy just suicide killed himself, some of the people just want to see the world burn

meh, just like pop team epic this winter, with the best animation and an average drama it just didn't deliver enough to care about. maybe it's 'cause of all of the hype that i got my expectations high, maybe i've just seen much better post-war drama stories that ruined this one for me, who knows

well, whaterver. i'm sure the source material is a lot better than this

what is name of manga picture?
Apr 4, 2018 6:31 PM

Nov 2007
Mezo-RPWPA said:
shanimebib said:

Wait are you talking about the extra stories? Is that the new book? It'd probably have no relation to the main story tho, I mean it's called extra for a reason.

No. All I am saying is even though they are extra standalone stories, they can be incorporated into a new season as we have seen in this season which had lots of standalone episodes. I mean, VE is basically an episodic anime in nature so they can tweak here and there and make a sequel out of it quite easily. I think the idea to keep the ending open was mainly because they wanted to expand on the story from the get go.

I also read that KyoAni probably made a lot of money just by selling the simulcasting right to Netflix with VE. As they own the IP of the content, whatever they are making is working like they would from anime original. They can easily make more money out of it by adding more content/ expanding the franchise.

People tend to not realize the significance of original anime/IP ownership versus third party and what huge difference it makes in profit sharing.
Coronavirus.
Apr 4, 2018 6:39 PM

Oct 2014
I loved this anime from beginning to the end. I know you can say the side characters weren't fleshed out or it too often tries to overwhelm you with drama, but it all came together for me. Violet's personality coupled with the reflective atmosphere, of course, fueled by the music and visuals.

Everything worked out as expected from episode one, but it was still impactful.
Apr 4, 2018 7:18 PM

Mar 2016
I don't regret at all having taken this feels trip
wonderful 10/10 anime
and plus it's good to see that they're working on a new project
"The feels start coming and they don't stop coming"
so may the Feels be with you....LOL xD
Apr 4, 2018 7:26 PM

Jul 2016
Average series... in my case, I could never feel any connection with Violet as a character and the side ones weren't very helpful either, sadly it's a shame... I think I'd have enjoyed the anime even more aside from its wonderful animation and OST (I've been listening to it a few times recently and damn it's really good) but well.

I'm also kinda glad that I wasn't caught by the hype train like most of people so I wasn't expecting nothing but good animation and I got it. It was an Ok series but nothing memorable. 6/10
Apr 4, 2018 7:26 PM

Nov 2011
The action part of this episode was very whatever but the second part was beautifully done.
It felt like the episode was going to end 3 times and each time I was like "thank god, let the major be dead".
The last scene with Violet looking at her new client made me think it was him but they didn't showed so... I don't know.

We still have one more episode and maybe a new season/movie so who knows what's going to be the final decision concerning the major.

All in all it was a let down but at the same time it was enjoyable enough that I didn't have a need to drop it and whatever the new project is I'll probably watch it.
Violet had a nice development so it was worth it.
Baby, daijobanai...
Apr 4, 2018 7:39 PM

Dec 2014
To be honest, I have mixed feelings about this series. Some of the episodes were really impressive with a lot of emotion behind them and some of the other just felt a little plain even causing me to lose interest in what was going on. I can't really put my finger on this series, it has moments of powerful of storytelling and other times it falls flat. Given the hype surrounding the series on release, I came in with fairly high expectations and while I can say some of the episodes met, if not exceeded my expectations, some episodes fell quite short as well. The series is not inconsistent in what it tries to tell, in fact it's fairly consistent in the themes it tries to bring out, it's just that it's not consistently compelling enough to make the emotion always feel genuine. In that regard, the show is inconsistent,. Once again, it's not that the Violet Evergarden is incapable of evoking emotion, it's just that it fails to do it on a consistent basis. Some part of me feels that the episodic nature of the show and the drama surrounding characters that only showed up for a single episode was the reason, but here's the thing, there are episodes that have done exactly that but have succeeded in being incredibly powerful and compelling so that can't be the reason. If I had to pick something out exactly, I think I'd say the problem lies in the fact that all these episodic stories, sub plots, and characterizations are not consistently strong in their writing and depiction. Some of them are done extremely well and some are just, well, bland and therein lies the biggest inconsistency of Violet Evergarden, It feels genuine yet it also feels artificial. I could probably talk more about the style of the story but I'm gonna leave that for another day if that day ever comes.

Fantastic production by KyoAni though, maybe a little too much Depth of Field but apart from that very very visually appealing. Great soundtrack as well.

7/10, I'd wager it could've done better.

EDIT: 9/4/2021
I decided tor revisit the series before watching the special and the movie and somehow ended up liking it way more than before. I don't know if it's because I've softened up in the years between but whatever it was, made me enjoy this a lot more than I did the first time. The emotion hit harder, I got way more emotional compared to what I remember from the first time around. I think there was maybe only a single episode that I thought didn't feel that good but I still liked it much more than the last time around. Upgrading my rating,

8/10
Lelouch0202Sep 4, 2021 6:38 PM
Apr 4, 2018 8:22 PM

Dec 2016
Incredible stuff by Violet to start this episode, lost both arms once again but saved the day big time.

Very emotional and touching scenes with the mother.

Dietfried opened up to Violet there and tried to help her with that order, I'm glad Violet said she doesn't need orders anymore, she knows how to live her own life now.

Great ending their with the plane flying the letters everywhere and the revelation about the baby and all of that.

10/10 anime for me, I really enjoyed this from start to finish, the emotional and feeling were incredible.
Apr 4, 2018 8:29 PM

Aug 2013
Pretty underwhelming finale tbh.

The series was pretty solid until episode 12. As much as I enjoyed watching Violet's growing each episode (you can clearly tell the aim of KyoAni in every single episode), I feel like Violet became too much of a crybaby. They should have toned that down a bit.

My god, that animation of a falling droplet of water lol KyoAni just showing off at that point.

It pains me to say as a KyoAni fan, but Violet Evergarden was a bit of a letdown.

6.5/10
Apr 4, 2018 8:31 PM

Mar 2010
So Gilbert's body got blown in to bits
but hm whats with violet's smile in the end? shes prob just smiling but
Apr 4, 2018 8:49 PM

Aug 2012
shanimebib said:
hellogarry said:

Seriously, this. Spoiler tag is broken i guess
Apr 4, 2018 9:06 PM
Jul 2018
Pretty nice finale episode and it felt innovative and interesting with some nice visuals that reminds me of whole the moments I invested on this show.
Overall 7.5/10, it was nice niche romance show imo although I find the first couple of episode very weak and too flawed (especially that episode 4! :\) and too melodramatic but I'd say it definitely improved after episode 8 and felt more meaningful. Not to mention the music was absolute gem and the more I spend with this show the more it felt impactful to me..

BTW, I hope the green-lit is another season because 2-cour of this show could been really nice..
Apr 4, 2018 9:06 PM
Jul 2017
I kind of skimmed what other people were saying, but I took it that Gilbert was alive at the end there. Violet seemed very surprised when the door to the house opened, and then smiled. Guessing that was Gilbert, still alive.
Apr 4, 2018 9:23 PM
Dec 2008
You can just watch episode 10 and be done with it. 4/10 for the entire series.
Apr 4, 2018 9:25 PM

Feb 2012
Weirdly enough I've really enjoyed reading the spoiler comments in all the episode discussions of this show. A lot of really passionate people for the source material.

I really enjoyed this last episode and the show overall. There were a couple episodes in the beginning that weren't that great but the later half turned it around. Violet came a long way in the end. 8/10

Ruchy said:
I kind of skimmed what other people were saying, but I took it that Gilbert was alive at the end there. Violet seemed very surprised when the door to the house opened, and then smiled. Guessing that was Gilbert, still alive.
I would really like if it is him. Then whatever is being announced after this a special/ova/movie w/e can be nice closing moment of them reuniting.

Apr 4, 2018 9:29 PM
Mar 2018
Kirie-san said:
BussianRiasXD said:

lol bro, my deepest condolences for you. Already saw this coming, still hugely dissappointed tho.

Lol xD
That joke aside, I haven't seen the episode yet but I really hope the new anime is remake, a faithful adaptation of the novel.
Gil being death is consistent with what the anime did but the show is kinda disappointing since the main characters didn't get proper screentime and development.
An accurate adaption from Kyoani? Don't even think about it. The new project is most likely a movie to portray the after story. Gilbert will stay dead I assume.
Apr 4, 2018 9:35 PM

Jul 2015
Unfortunetly, the biggest issue is Violet's own character development. It seems I got half of what I suppose to get in this anime. I liked the small stories, specially the mother's letters to her daughter.

I can only give 7/10.

Apr 4, 2018 9:49 PM
Apr 2018
Seriously?! No one is gonna say anything about the ending when she saw the "customer"?!

It could be Gilbert though...
What should I do with my feelings!!!!!!
Apr 4, 2018 10:11 PM
May 2017
I really liked this anime. While some episodes like 10 and 12 were weaker. Others were complete tearjerkers. I give this 9/10
Apr 4, 2018 10:23 PM
Mar 2016
very good when story about client (expect astronom)
but terrible when story about MC self

honestly i will accept this ending if a "mysterious man" catch Air Letter from Violet and THE END
NdanHMApr 4, 2018 10:42 PM
Apr 4, 2018 10:25 PM

Jul 2017
Decent finale and it did follow a completely different ending from the LN.

5/10 show. I just felt the dramas were too melodramatic and didn't feel natural at all. The excellent animation did save this show some face.
Apr 4, 2018 10:26 PM

Dec 2015
im dying for new anime now , violet left me empty minded , well not a bad final though , violet has settled thing with the major's brother , forgot his name . looking foward for liz to aoi tori
Apr 4, 2018 10:29 PM
Apr 4, 2018 10:30 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
What a fitting finale to a mesmerising and heartwarming story! It really is just awe-inspiring and absolutely fascinating, this whole show. I can’t express just how elated I’m to see that a new anime project has just been given a greenlit and is on its merry way. I’m just so ecstatic and satisfied at the moment, thank you KyoAni! Which brings me to a Question, is the unaired 14th Epsiode this very new anime project or is it just a special episode due to come soon. If it is indeed just a special episode, when is it due to air? I’d really appreciate if someone could answer this for me, from a very reliable source of course. Thanks regardless.
Earlier, we got the ever-so touching and sensational 3-Gatsu no Lion Season 2 and now this coupled with all the news of sequels, such as Overlord II for instance, I’m just so relieved and happy. Currently, I’m under stress from my exams marching in a month from now, and seeing all these wonderful news, really just goes to show why I love anime and Japan so much! Arigatou Nippon, Anime!

Anyway, about this finale episode. It was very nice to see Gilbert’s mother appear in this epsiode. She really made things a lot more easier for Violet to calm down, and that’s just great. Looks like Gilbert’s brother has come to terms with Gilbert over Violet now and that’s brilliant to see too. I particularly appreciated the scene where Violet says that she won’t take orders from anyone anymore and then Gilbert’s brother replies with a heartfelt relieved smile. It was brilliant! It was pleasing to have some little comedy in the end there too, with Erica suddenly revealing that she has fallen in love with someone and it turned out to be Benedict of all people. Lol, it wasn’t actually funny in a ridiculous way. First half of the episode was action-filled, and it was a little shocking to see Benedict pull of all those high risky stunt moves and save Violet in the end too. I wonder if he was part of the war too, as a soilder I mean.
Well, whatever the case, it was a nice surprise by a really odd one at that too. I can understand why people would find this irky and out of place. Second half of this Epiosde is what made this episode and the show, in general, so phenomenal. All the emotions blended in and Violet’s growth as a person was clearly evident and while it must have been hard for her, she just showed how resilient and unnerving she can be. Brilliant stuff! As always, the Art/Animation of this show remains god-tier and I’m just stunned how KyoAni managed to keep up this level of excellence throughout the 13 episodes.

Overall, this show is just a pinnacle of brilliance that will really remain in my kokoro as a special and very heartwarming journey of self-evaluation.

- Storyline/Plot Development: 8.25/10
First mid-few episodes, in particular, were a little poor in comparison to the latter end episodes by a mile, and that is a little underwhelming. It played an important role in nurturing Violet, however but I still feel as though more developments during that time would have paid off more brilliantly. There were many instances too, where the story felt like it was trying a little too hard to sadden us with extra melodrama and while it was very effective for the most bit, it fell flat in a few attempts. Nonetheless, a brilliant story!
- Characterization/Character Developments: 9.5/10
I think this is one of the departments that really took this show to the next level, or at least for me. Violet’s changes were really handled elegantly and that is what made this show so special and phenomenal. However, there was a lack of Developments for the other supporting cast such as the other Dolls, Hodgins and a few others. It was nice to see Gilbert’s brother and a few other additional characters get a Development for themselves but really it just meant that other important characters received less screen time and less development, not that I mind it too much though. It was still gold, nevertheless!
- Art/Animation: 10/10
KyoAni really stepped up their game in this Department. In my opinion, this is the most mesmerising and beautiful animation in anime history or at least in my top 3, easily. All the characters recieved unbelievable amount of attention, and the shots of landscapes were just simply eye-candy. Stunning gorgeous stuff!
- Sound Department: 9.5/10
I strongly believe that there’s no doubt whatsoever that the wide range of soundtracks and osts that were involved in this show really just made the journey all the more worth and a fine company to keep us engaged into the story. The ED, in particular, is what touched my heart the most for it was just soothing and beautiful. It really just conveyed the whole show’s nature so effortlessly. Remarkable, Heavenly and Dazzling, to sum it all up.
- Personal Enjoyment: 9/10
Every thursday for the past 13 weeks has been incredible for me solely because of this show. As such, I enjoyed this show immensely, especially towards the end of the season. I was slightly reluctant during the mid few episodes but I’m so very glad I kept up with the show.

-> Overall: 9.25/10!
Can’t wait to see what this new anime project is going to be like. But again, I’m just really ecstatic about it so I hope it will live up to my expectations, and I’d be really glad if someone could answer my Question too. Here’s hoping for the best for a full-fledged 2-hour movie or another tv series, although I’m fully aware that it’s very unlikely as there isn't much source material for that! After watching this finale though, I thought the show did exceedingly well to close it up, but more of such brilliance is always welcome!
_MushiRock11_Apr 4, 2018 10:33 PM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Apr 4, 2018 10:33 PM

Sep 2011
6/10. Honestly, just a very boring show that kept me asleep.
Apr 4, 2018 10:52 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Overall nice episode, I liked how Violet has grew as a character. The show started out great, then fumbled for nearly half it's run and then got back up by episode 8. Definitely it would've been better if it wasn't repetitive early on. Overall pretty good show.
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Violet Evergarden Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2018

617 by AMazingWay »»
Yesterday, 5:27 PM

Poll: » Violet Evergarden Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2018

244 by _Anime-Lover-44_ »»
Apr 15, 1:02 AM

Poll: » Violet Evergarden Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 17, 2018

422 by TabbyPog »»
Apr 5, 2:36 PM

» Do you love Violet Evergarden? ( 1 2 )

Stacias - Jul 19, 2022

90 by Zarutaku »»
Apr 5, 4:41 AM

Poll: » Violet Evergarden Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2018

239 by AdrianRawr »»
Mar 30, 6:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.