Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 4, 2018 5:45 AM

Jun 2012
So they're back to Grimgar and I'm pretty sure everyone of us will agree that it didn't felt like they're home yet...And it became more doubtful because of the village's existence. I couldn't care more about Arara's soap opera but Rocks' love make it highly interesting. The addition of Day Breakers Rock's squad this volume was the usual of this novel's trait; so random and explosive...

Rock himself was strong, and so all of his eccentric party members. It's still a mystery what are they doing in the borders but maybe they're also looking for more clues about Japan too since Myougi(or maybe all of them) have the knowledge of Kanji.

Anyway, Ranta's rape face is more annoying than the entirety of the Forgan's army. Though he's a proven idiot, I think somewhere in his thoughts or in the back of his conscience, he still considered Haru and the gang as comrades and he's trying to give them a way out of this mess in his own foolish ways.

Oh, and thanks to Ranta, Merry was at least pardoned the torturous whatsoever it is. The end result was Merry was saved and here I was hoping to see her lose some tension in front of Haru but that's a wish we might never see in the author's way of happy ending. It might actually be a hidden death flag.

Talking about Haru, I'm impressed again by his fast resolve to give an eye to Sentora. Indeed, he is blinded with love XD.
And shit just got real, we know that Ranta is probably just stronger against Haru class-wise but Haru will always probably got a good chance against an opponent he had already analyzed.

In conclusion, overall, it was a great volume and the most exciting are that the battles were a 1 on 1 situation.
Apr 4, 2018 8:11 PM
Dec 2016
Enjoyed it quite a bit. Only part I felt was unnecessary was Arara's back story with her love. Felt like a waste if she isn't going to be a relevant character in the future.
Zaphkiel_El_Rem said:
And shit just got real, we know that Ranta is probably just stronger against Haru class-wise but Haru will always probably got a good chance against an opponent he had already analyzed.

Haru has gotten pretty darn strong with the way he manhandled Ranta when he actually went in for the kill. Excited to see just how strong he grows. Eagerly awaiting the next volume.
Apr 4, 2018 8:57 PM

Mar 2013
Ranta is just the lowest of the low. Though I gotta say it's thanks to Ranta that Merry didn't have to be violated by the demi-humans. They introduced a lot of character in this volume. I'm just curious whether Ranta will re-join Haruhiro's party or not. I can't wait for the next volume!
"Isn't Victini the cutest Pokemon of all time?"
Apr 4, 2018 8:59 PM

Jan 2016
FerdinandSurya said:
Ranta is just the lowest of the low. Though I gotta say it's thanks to Ranta that Merry didn't have to be violated by the demi-humans. They introduced a lot of character in this volume. I'm just curious whether Ranta will re-join Haruhiro's party or not. I can't wait for the next volume!

I kinda wanna see Merry got violated tho
Apr 5, 2018 10:48 AM
Sep 2016
It's also good to see how the event at the end of vol 7 impact Haru, i realy got the feeling that it was making him become more aware of his capacity. I also realy glad to see shioru getting more devlopement. I just hope that ranta will remain a bad guy, not that i hate him but i think it will have more impact if they have to kill him (or at least abandon him) than if he just came back like "i try to kill you but i was a good guy all along"
Oct 21, 2018 1:32 PM
Aug 2010
Really glad of how the volume ended (though I wanted some Merry love towards Haruhiro at the end). Normally when a character "betrays" their group in this sort of media, that characters does it because of some great plan and at the end they get a happy ending and everyone gets together again. So it's really good that the author decided for his actions to have some consecuences, even though it probably was Ranta's twisted way of saving Haruhiro and Merry.

Really want to read how this affects the party from now on, and especially Haruhiro's mental health, as he was getting pretty annoyed with him, but at the same time now has to feel guilty for him almost killing Ranta.
Mar 23, 2019 5:47 AM

Aug 2016
That was a mess. I am glad I have volume 9 ready to see how it's gonna continue, this volume felt kinda openended and as pair with next one. Let's see.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 27, 2019 7:28 AM

Feb 2018
Ranta Rebellion xD. Mery almost got rape again T_T
Sep 2, 2020 9:44 AM
Nov 2014
I know its a bit late to ask this, but how did they escape from the fire dragon? Since the fire breath missed Haruhiro, it was clearly aimed at others, how did they get away from that? Then, draggy starts pursuing Ranta, Yume and co., how did they manage to get to the exit in one piece and what happened to Lala and Nono? I was hoping this volume was going to give some explanation but nah.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Chapter 19 Discussion

Zaphkiel_El_Rem - Mar 22

0 by Zaphkiel_El_Rem »»
Mar 22, 8:42 PM

» Volume 3 review what do you like about it the most

Hello0809 - Nov 22, 2023

1 by Zirotaku »»
Feb 13, 3:46 AM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Volume 17 Discussion

Zaphkiel_El_Rem - Jul 16, 2021

1 by Martin_Taylor »»
May 17, 2023 7:50 AM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Volume 15 Discussion

Zaphkiel_El_Rem - Aug 7, 2020

5 by dragon015 »»
Jan 18, 2023 3:15 AM

» Will it ever end?

Yuyu-haku-bro - Sep 11, 2021

5 by dragon015 »»
Jan 18, 2023 3:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.