Forum Settings
Forums
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Post New Reply
Nov 18, 2018 9:07 AM

My first was aho girl which was funny.

Nov 18, 2018 9:09 AM

Don't really read, but first manga I loved and read was Blame!

Nov 21, 2018 5:53 AM

Mine was One Piece, still reading and loving it. It's a masterpiece in story telling with a mount of great characters. Since the last two years I read the manga only. The anime is to much made for children too. All the censorship. What's not bad but that feels often like a tiny disappointment for me. But I know that I'll read it until the day it ends.
"What are you afraid of?"

Nov 22, 2018 3:53 PM

None. I am not there yet. Save me.

Nov 23, 2018 2:08 PM

My very first manga was X/1999 after watching anime I wanted a sequel so it was the first manga which I ever read and till this day its my favourite. To bad it went on hiatus at the big cliffhanger when only 2 volumes left for it to end and its on hiatus already 15 years... I want to die

Nov 23, 2018 2:19 PM
I'd say One Punch Man. I don't enjoy it nearly as much anymore but it got me into collecting mangas so it's g

Nov 23, 2018 2:22 PM

House of the sun, it was soo cute, i suggest y'all shoujo fans out there to read this.

▬▬ι═══════ﺤ YOᑌ.... ᑕOᑌᒪᗪ IT ᗷE TᕼᗩT YOᑌ'ᖇE ᒍᑌᔕT ᗩᑎ IᗪIOT?
~ Araragi Senpai

* .    *
.      ˚    *   ·
.  ✦             ✫ ·
.    ✢    °         ✧    .       

Nov 23, 2018 7:41 PM

Naruto is the first

Nov 25, 2018 8:21 AM

Death Note. I was hooked from the start, even though I had some of the plot points spoiled for me after I read up about it on Wikipedia, so I kinda knew how it ended as well who would win between Light and L, but that didn’t seem to affect my enjoyment it of it.

Nov 25, 2018 9:25 AM

Doraemon. Was really small when I got it, then too much reading it made me too reliant on my parents like Nobita too reliant on Doraemon. It's over now.

Nov 27, 2018 9:56 AM

Detroit metal city probably

Nov 28, 2018 9:38 AM

Definitely Gantz. Remember binge reading the whole thing in a day back when I was in 8th grade. Too bad the ending was so bad.

Nov 29, 2018 6:13 PM

Welcome to the N.H.K. , read it after watching the show. Really enjoy how the book, the manga, and the anime all justify looking into because they all act as different interpretations of the same situation and have different events happen in them. Hunting down the Tokyopop volumes of it was a pain but I got them all. Still might be my overall favorite series between all the versions.

Nov 29, 2018 8:29 PM

Probably Shugo Chara. Back then it was my everything.

Nov 29, 2018 8:45 PM

I'm not sure if it was Fullmetal Alchemist or Aku no Hana. I really liked Fullmetal Alchemist as one of my first manga, but Aku no Hana was truly impossible to put down at parts.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"

Nov 30, 2018 9:47 AM

The first manga that I like and introduced to was Dragon Ball, but the only manga I can say I really love is Berserk and that's why I'll sell my soul and body to Miura so he can finish his masterpiece.

Dec 1, 2018 4:24 PM

Ranma 1/2

Its just a delight.

Dec 2, 2018 12:20 PM

the first manga i really loved is one piece

Dec 7, 2018 10:29 PM

Gantz was it. I remember my 13yo self having severely stupid but pretty amusing discussions with an acquaintance about how Gantz was so much better than Naruto. The fact that we did so after pool lessons and so we were always either clad in trunks or stark naked while seriously talking anime only added to the experience.

Dec 15, 2018 6:03 AM

the first manga i read ever that i really loved was probably "doraemon" when i was
super duper little LOL but once i got older and started reading properly i'd say that
my first genuine love was probably "tenshi kinryouku" which i read when i was around
twelve or thirteen.

Crystal Castles - Frail

0:00 ●━━━━━━─────── 2:49

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ◁ㅤㅤ❚❚ㅤㅤ▷ㅤㅤㅤㅤ↻

『  deliveries 』

Dec 17, 2018 12:20 PM

Welcome to the NHK was my first manga ever. Many many years ago. What a manga to start with huh?

To this day though, it is still my favorite of all time.
When not on MAL, here is where you can find me:
Check out my blog
Follow me on Twitter

Dec 17, 2018 1:11 PM

death note for sure - first manga i ever read, first manga i ever bought too (and i've got far more volumes of it than of any other manga), and the first franchise where i really felt interested by the characters

Jul 18, 7:19 AM
Cardcaptor Sakura.

It was also the very first manga series I had ever read, so I guess you could say it was love at first sight.

Jul 18, 8:40 AM

My first was Ranma 1/2 in 2000. Out of every anime I've seen, I've never obsessed an anime quite as much as that series. It was introduced to me by a childhood friend, and we would download the episodes back then like 3-4 episodes at a time, and just continue to watch through the anime all the way to the end of the 7th series, before moving on to the original 12 OVA's, and the 2 movies.

Some 19 years later, I still love the series. It holds the most memories, good feels, and nostalgia for me. Though if they continued the series in like an 8th series or whatnot, my love for the series would probably be as fresh as it was the day I got introduced to the anime.

I later read through all of the manga for it, and loved it just as much.

Jul 18, 9:02 AM

Citrus because it was my first yuri manga

Jul 18, 9:35 AM

very weird first read, but it was Oyasumi Punpun.

what an experience it was..not a very happy start to manga but it has remained my favourite manga of all time.
imagine watching anime

Jul 18, 10:01 AM

Saint Tail. My sister and I would take the city bus and stay at a bookstore all day just to read. Don't remember how I found it, probably just thought it was pretty and took it off the shelves. I made several trips just to finish it. I was too little to understand what I was reading though - like, a nun? So, something about religion? But a thief?? And... lovey dovey stuff? As a result, I don't remember much of what happens story-wise, but I apparently loved it enough just to go on an adventure for it.

Jul 18, 12:13 PM

It'd be Hikari no Machi, the manga from the famous Inio. It's a bit pretentious sometimes but I was really impressed, such enchanting manga really piqued me with its unique sense that was so new to me when I started reading some manga.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Yesterday, 6:07 PM

Yotsubato!
KouKou Debut
I am a Hero

Yesterday, 11:07 PM
CMYK said:
Saint Tail. My sister and I would take the city bus and stay at a bookstore all day just to read. Don't remember how I found it, probably just thought it was pretty and took it off the shelves. I made several trips just to finish it. I was too little to understand what I was reading though - like, a nun? So, something about religion? But a thief?? And... lovey dovey stuff? As a result, I don't remember much of what happens story-wise, but I apparently loved it enough just to go on an adventure for it.
Oh man, I somehow found the super rare and old TokyoPop version of that manga and I'm glad I actually bought it. It's pretty good and I really love the art style.
Nice to see there's people out there who's actually read it.

11 hours ago

Fario-P said:
CMYK said:
Oh man, I somehow found the super rare and old TokyoPop version of that manga and I'm glad I actually bought it. It's pretty good and I really love the art style.
Nice to see there's people out there who's actually read it.

I'm sure that's the version I must have read :*) Back when volumes were uh, I think it was called, pocket-sized? Tiny compared to how they're released now. I'm curious, are the layouts in yours all flipped lol

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]