Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Real Girl
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Apr 3, 2018 9:15 PM

Feb 2017
WTF thats so fucking hilarious and cringe at the moment. i cant hold my laught XD

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Apr 3, 2018 9:24 PM

Jul 2017
Not a bad first episode.

Some moments were cute, some were cringe but overall, I enjoyed it.

Apr 3, 2018 9:26 PM

Jul 2012
Good. Nothing special so far but it's light hearted and follows a male MC instead of female, which is kinda rare for Shoujo considering this is romance based, not like something like Natsume Yuujinchou.

I don't really understand the girl at all but she's different. Fast romantic development is rare to see in any romance so I'm curious to see more.
Apr 3, 2018 9:27 PM

Dec 2017
Interesting to say the least I guess.
Least degenerate visual novel enjoyer.

Apr 3, 2018 9:36 PM

Sep 2012
"I have low self-esteem and like magical girls, but look there is a cute girl and she talks to me" the animation
Apr 3, 2018 9:44 PM

Dec 2014
I kinda liked the first episode it was good ad a lot of realism ..well more or less
Apr 3, 2018 9:44 PM

Jan 2018
I had very higher expectations from this show, this sort of let me down. There were quite a few cringe moments.It took me 1 hour to complete this episode now God knows what happened next.
Apr 3, 2018 9:49 PM

Apr 2016
Decent opening episode.
A lot of things happened too.

I really like Iroha. Her character design is nice and her personality is amusing to watch.
I just don't like that scene where she let another dude kiss her though.

And whew! She and the MC kissed twice in this episode.
She's straightforward.
Not to mention she asked the MC to go out with her in front of his classmates. XD

As for the animation, it is mediocre at best.
Considering the issue with Marchen Madchen, I am kinda worried as to how Hoods Entertainment will handle not only the consistency of the animation but also the adaptation.
I just hope they won't screw their viewers twice in a row.
Apr 3, 2018 9:57 PM

Dec 2017
Not that bad. A lot happened in one episode though

i like avocados on toast 
Apr 3, 2018 10:24 PM

Jul 2015
probably one of the cringiest things I've watched :0

Apr 3, 2018 11:27 PM

Feb 2010
I honestly enjoyed this one. The animation is wonky in a lot of places (heck, it opened with stills that looked pretty terrible), but the color palette and character designs make it feel strangely pleasant. The pace was quick but not annoyingly so.

I was surprised by how fast Tsutsui "fell" for Iroha, and maybe the events could have been stretched to two episodes, but if this is the starting point they wanted to establish, then that's fine with me. We now know the central problem to their supposed relationship (the time limit), along with their quirks and reputations.

Iroha seems pretty damaged in that bad rumors are spread around her to the point where she's moving right into the bad news territory herself, almost as if to confirm it and keep people at a distance. She's definitely not respected in any way, and I'd expect the whole trouble with the boys springs from that too. They think she's up for anything because and she is desperate for someone to connect with. It doesn't seem strange that she would go along with the guys forcing themselves on her in public to a degree, seeing how she herself states she has no friends, does everything on her own, but quickly has her facade break down the moment somebody sticks up for her and treats her in a genuine way, without leering at her for being pretty.

Seeing how Iroha even got into that trouble at the bookstore (where even I thought maybe she had stolen something to provoke a reaction, at first), because of people trying to get her into shit. She was in tears at the hospital and was almost in tears when Tsutsui stood up for her, because nobody ever does. She can dish out well but when it comes down to it, her defences aren't very strong from the looks of it. She brushes things off and overplays her reactions to drive people away, as seen by her stripping in the bookstore, instead of just clearing up the misunderstanding in a normal way. Seems to me like she's so used to people's hostility at this point, and being an outsider, that she'd rather go on the offensive and throw the other person off balance before they get to land a real hit on her.

It'd have been easy to have her be just a natural bitch, cold and distanced, but due to all those things playing together, she gives off a far warmer aura than I had anticipated. And the voice acting helps with that.

It was cringey in places, on the quicker side and had a lot crammed in, but I can see myself enjoying this one long-term.
Apr 4, 2018 12:16 AM

Dec 2015
I feel like the mc is similar to the mc in Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai, and the female is similar to the female in Hajimete no Gal. Im interested in where it goes, so far I like it.
Apr 4, 2018 12:18 AM

Dec 2015
Feels like the girl will die soon. Wit her saying she'll transfer schools. (= Dying then instead of transfering.)
Because of the hospital and heir weird behaviour (doesn't care what others think about her).

Let's see. If it took that direction I would like it - if it got a bit serious every now and then. Also seems it is shoujo. Didn't expect that. Doesn't feel like a shoujo.

I liked the girl and the interaction between the guy and the girl.
Apr 4, 2018 12:18 AM

Jul 2014
Been a while since I felt cringe watchng anime, the girl is kinda interesting but the dude tho... dont know if its poor direction on how the ep was handled or not but a lot of shit happened way too fast and random. I really like Iroha's nonchalant personality but the glasses dude is way too cringe to sit this one through.
/dropped.
Apr 4, 2018 12:20 AM

Aug 2013
As someone who hasn't read the manga, this episode kind of felt rushed and a bit all over the place.

Like, in just one episode we had the two meet, get into a fight, stick up for the other, get into a fight again, stick up for the other again, get into a fight AGAIN, reconcile, decline dating, start dating, MC got a fucking cold out of the blue that went away in 3 minutes, girl was getting slapped around, flirting around, and accused of shoplifting. Just kind of this weird clusterfuck melting pot of shit all tossed at us at once.

I still think I'll end up enjoying it once the wrinkles get ironed out a bit and the show settles down into a rhythm.
Apr 4, 2018 12:21 AM

Aug 2013
Yautja said:
Yea, my low expectations are so far met, though I am curious how much it will adapt.

That aside, the manga / anime world really needs to get rid of that trope where someone stands in front of a person, arms spread like their fucking Hohenheim in the FMAB finale. It's so damn cringey unless you're actually physically protecting them.

The manga was apparently only 48 chapters according to MAL so I'm assuming it'll be a complete adaptation.
Apr 4, 2018 12:28 AM

Feb 2015
Jonesy974 said:
Yautja said:
Yea, my low expectations are so far met, though I am curious how much it will adapt.

That aside, the manga / anime world really needs to get rid of that trope where someone stands in front of a person, arms spread like their fucking Hohenheim in the FMAB finale. It's so damn cringey unless you're actually physically protecting them.

The manga was apparently only 48 chapters according to MAL so I'm assuming it'll be a complete adaptation.

It's 12 episodes. That isn't nearly enough for a proper adaption of manga of that length.
Apr 4, 2018 12:30 AM

Jan 2017
was a bit cringy not like the manga
but its amazing :3
the art is so bootiful
iroha is more beautiful cos shes colored!!
yeahhh!!!
Apr 4, 2018 1:16 AM

Oct 2008
A 2x kiss initiated by the girl, so this is definitely shoujo.
protect our shonen AI Itou Yuuto lolz perfect voice by Aoi Shouta!
4/5.

Apr 4, 2018 1:51 AM

Jul 2014
This wasn't too bad an episode (I loved how savage both characters were at time), but the pacing is really weird: 2 kisses and 2 confessions in one episode, plus the bombshell that she's transferring in half a year. I won't complain though, as not many shows bother to get to the point in that fashion, so this is definitely appreciated.

Good OP as well.
Apr 4, 2018 2:13 AM
Jan 2016
How many chapters filmed this episode? there is a chance that they will film it in 12 episodes ?
Apr 4, 2018 2:51 AM

Aug 2013
Yautja said:
Jonesy974 said:

It's 12 episodes. That isn't nearly enough for a proper adaption of manga of that length.

48 chaps isnt a lot unless they're long ass chapters. Plus I've seen better and I've seen worse adaptations with that same kind of constraint, so we'll see which side this falls to.
Apr 4, 2018 3:05 AM
Apr 2017
At first I like the ost and the feeling, but the execution is quite bad, and the VAs are so bland, I lose hope in this show...The pacing is also quite strange...
I hope it could regain my interest
Apr 4, 2018 3:10 AM

May 2009
Shoujo + romance is usually something I will always watch.
But I am definitely dropping this one.
This was just pure garbage. No 3 episode rule for me this time.
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Apr 4, 2018 3:16 AM
No.1 Nahida Simp

Jan 2017
Not really into shoujo that much but suprisingly nice. And pacing's kinda fast but still ok. Imma stick with it.
Apr 4, 2018 3:50 AM

Oct 2009
I like Iroha when she calls people 'fugly' xD
but she is making me feel uncomfortable at the same time >.> for example when she taking off her clothes in front of strangers and dating or kissing random guy :/.. Hope they will explain the reason behind her action.

and that Tsutsun actually fall in love with her pretty quickly o_o
Apr 4, 2018 4:02 AM
Oct 2017
aStrayFox said:
I feel like the mc is similar to the mc in Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai, and the female is similar to the female in Hajimete no Gal. Im interested in where it goes, so far I like it.

You totally did it. Don’t belittle Keima, this Tsutsui guy is just some weak-willed/lame character.
Apr 4, 2018 4:12 AM

Dec 2016
gebels said:
How many chapters filmed this episode? there is a chance that they will film it in 12 episodes ?

First episode adapted exactly two chapters.
Apr 4, 2018 4:15 AM

Oct 2012
Pacing and animation aren't good but still surprisingly quite enjoyable.
Apr 4, 2018 4:15 AM
Apr 2017
I hate anime that smells ntr, and I think if these two mc have characters like anime ntr characters, where male characters are weak and female characters like a b***h, but I hope that in the next episode both characters are growing,especially the male characters
Apr 4, 2018 4:34 AM

Sep 2015
Considering the fact that Hoods is just about the most incompetent buffoon around atm, I'd already be pleasantly surprised if this anime managed to air for a full cour with no massive dip in quality, so god knows what this first episode actually tells us.

Well, for what its worth, I think I liked this episode? I mean, I've always hated the 'X saves Y from Z' type of romance-setup, since most (not all. Ore Monogatari comes to mind) end up being pretty damn fked up at their core, but it wasn't too bad yet. I'm also not sure whether I like the girl yet or not, we definitely need to know more about her before I want to make any sort of judgement.
Two things I liked though were that we started the relationship already (I think. Fked if I know for sure after those last seconds), which already brings it in line with some of my favorite romances... and secondly, blonde-haired boy. Goddamn, Blonde-haired boy has balls of steel for pulling off a look like that. Imo, we should all strive to be a bit more like him. You go, man, you go o7 .
Apr 4, 2018 4:44 AM

Sep 2016
Was fun and all but her statement at the ending scares me "I'll be transferring school in half a year" cause I know very well how that will play out. Goddamit. That's the only thing holding me back from giving it a 9... So far at a 7.5/10 for now...
Apr 4, 2018 4:57 AM

Dec 2016
Yasaal said:
Was fun and all but her statement at the ending scares me "I'll be transferring school in half a year" cause I know very well how that will play out. Goddamit. That's the only thing holding me back from giving it a 9... So far at a 7.5/10 for now...

Apr 4, 2018 4:59 AM

Sep 2016
readher said:
Yasaal said:

Like I said, I knew how it would play out... These types of cliches only go one way unfortunately, especially in Shoujo... Let's see if the show manages to amaze me in the later episodes

Edit: Oh lol this is my 500th Forum Post XD
Yas-Apr 4, 2018 8:58 AM
Apr 4, 2018 5:00 AM

Jan 2016
It was an enjoyable first episode. There were some cringe moments, but the thing I like the most in this anime is the voices. The main character and his friend just sound different from a lot of anime, also his mom's voice is very different from other anime moms.
RobinTKDec 30, 2019 10:43 AM
Apr 4, 2018 5:17 AM
Jul 2016
IT was a good ep and this OP was also good...Ito looks quite much mature than he is in the manga.
Apr 4, 2018 5:18 AM

Dec 2016
RobinTheKing said:
It was an enjoyable first episode. There were some cringe moments, but I the thing I like the most in this anime is the voices. The main character and his friend just sound different from a lot of anime, also his mom's voice is very different from other anime moms.

I'm at chapter 22 of the manga and the cringe is pretty much only at the very beginning and then at one more situation. There are some shoujo cliches of course, but so far they're handled better than in the limited shoujo manga I've read before (they're solved fairly quick and without abundance of drama, though it's present).
Apr 4, 2018 5:25 AM
Feb 2013
Maybe too early but looks like this anime doesn't have any decent OSTs. I felt like they could have included an appropriate OST in several scenes but it was eaither out of place or not even bothering .
Apr 4, 2018 5:31 AM

Sep 2014
This is the perfect self insert anime when you're on the verge of suicidal depression.
Apr 4, 2018 5:40 AM

Jul 2016
Definitely not AOTY tier (not even AOTS for what it matters), but still enjoyable.

Let's see how it goes.
Your favorite anime is cringe. My favorite anime is a masterpiece.

Apr 4, 2018 6:04 AM

Dec 2013
There was a lot going on in this episode. It has promise though. The character designs look nice, the characters themselves seem like they have room to devolope and grow. This first episode did feel like I was watching 4 five minute episodes though. Hopefully the quality doesn’t drop and they fix the pacing. I’m looking forward to the rest.
Apr 4, 2018 6:52 AM

Nov 2014
Is this some kind of "I don't give a fu*k about real girl / and suddenly get a pretty Girlfriend" pattern?

If yes.. I think I am gonna pass this one.. lol
Apr 4, 2018 7:13 AM
Mar 2015
I mean, I don't know what to think about it. Characters seems fine, Tsutsui looks good, kinda like me, Igarashi seems okay, but then it's like she's "slut" and again okay? Takanashi is weird, dunno what to think about him, mainly because of voice actor making him this way too. It's fun, it's cringe, it's romance (it went quick like in Koi to Uso first episode kind of) so I'm looking forward to it.
Apr 4, 2018 7:14 AM
Mar 2017
RyuuZy said:
Is this some kind of "I don't give a fu*k about real girl / and suddenly get a pretty Girlfriend" pattern?

If yes.. I think I am gonna pass this one.. lol

No. If it's like the manga is more about how the guy copes with its anxiety and lack of confidence with the help of the girl. Also, there will be a kinda dramatic part before the ending but I don't want to spoil that part. Go see in the manga how it is. But it's still a shoujo.
Apr 4, 2018 7:17 AM

May 2017
It’s kind of annoying how much of a puss the guy is and how cringe the guy with the cat ears was but it was enjoyable somehow
Yes No Maybe
Apr 4, 2018 7:29 AM

Mar 2018
It was pretty average episode, but the OP and ED are pretty banging.
Apr 4, 2018 8:14 AM

Apr 2016
I like it..This is so similar with my life, well i still need to find an Iroha xd.The OP and ED are both amazing.. I like the art, Iroha is so beautiful drawn, and i kinda like her personality.. At first she looks like a b*tch, but i have a feelings she is not..She seems to be a good person. When she was accused of theft she didn't hesitate to prove her innocence.. She was like: "Look b*tch!! I don't have your book..I'll undress to show you"
Why Iroha will transfer to another school (T_T) ?...Looking forward to next ep..So far this anime has the best 1st ep from this spring..

Apr 4, 2018 8:22 AM
Jan 2013
Paul said:
I usually like generic school shoujo romcoms and whatnot but this was really cheezy and cringey in a bad way. Almost every event felt forced.

Generic Shoujo Romcoms are turds compared to this one.

This is not forced compared to the others.

At least shoujo finally has a main character and a heroine who have agency and flaws.
genesic123Apr 4, 2018 8:50 AM

Apr 4, 2018 8:23 AM

Mar 2018
Not really interested on this anime at first, but after the first episode, i think it was okay, probably going to watch this series till the end.

The characters seems pretty interesting and i'm curious how the story will go.

Love the ED, the music they put when Tsutsui tailing her is pretty catchy too, wish it was longer.
Apr 4, 2018 8:37 AM

Feb 2016
Holy shit, I had low expectations but didn't expect this to be this bad. The pace is extremely ludicrous and events feels so random, 2 kisses in one episode lol.

The main heroine has to be one of the worst kind of girls I've seen in Anime, holy shit. (This anime also tries so hard to be funny but it isn't)
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » 3D Kanojo: Real Girl Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

31 by Haru_2806 »»
Mar 21, 6:11 AM

Poll: » 3D Kanojo: Real Girl Episode 11 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Aug 8, 2018

19 by Haru_2806 »»
Mar 21, 5:47 AM

Poll: » 3D Kanojo: Real Girl Episode 10 Discussion

10 by Haru_2806 »»
Mar 21, 4:08 AM

Poll: » 3D Kanojo: Real Girl Episode 9 Discussion

13 by samekenne »»
Jan 9, 5:51 AM

Poll: » 3D Kanojo: Real Girl Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2018

105 by bakakisima »»
Jan 8, 10:04 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.