Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Real Girl
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Apr 5, 2018 1:23 PM

Mar 2014
This sucks, why they always pair up a pathetic mc guy with a girl who is much better than him. I mean I don't know if they are trying to make it funny or romantic but it doesn't to ME,the only thing I felt was pain

Too bad though I really like the character Iroha
RedChromeApr 5, 2018 1:32 PM
Apr 5, 2018 1:50 PM

Oct 2012
Their chemistry is weird. Could be problem of inexperienced seiyuu or badly written characters but they didn't click together well for me.
Also, otaku protagonist that doesn't like 3D girls trope is like 90s over again (not to mention he dropped it pretty fast). And talk about annoying sidekick with ears.

Still wouldn't mind watching this only to see if this evolves any further or if this goes back to square one in the following episode. But I fear they would stay inside boundaries of usual tropes no matter what developement in the first episode was.
Apr 5, 2018 2:10 PM

Dec 2016
RedChrome said:
This sucks, why they always pair up a pathetic mc guy with a girl who is much better than him. I mean I don't know if they are trying to make it funny or romantic but it doesn't to ME,the only thing I felt was pain

The MC gets much better later on. He'll be cringey for a little more, but once he knows Iroha is serious about him he starts changing a lot. After camping trip arc he's pretty much a different guy.
Apr 5, 2018 2:11 PM

Dec 2016
Mich666 said:
Their chemistry is weird. Could be problem of inexperienced seiyuu or badly written characters but they didn't click together well for me.
Also, otaku protagonist that doesn't like 3D girls trope is like 90s over again (not to mention he dropped it pretty fast). And talk about annoying sidekick with ears.

Still wouldn't mind watching this only to see if this evolves any further or if this goes back to square one in the following episode. But I fear they would stay inside boundaries of usual tropes no matter what developement in the first episode was.

Manga is actually really good later on, especially after camping trip arc. There are pretty much no tropes after that and it focuses on their relationship a lot without unneccesary drama until shitty parents arc.
Apr 5, 2018 2:52 PM

Oct 2012
readher said:
Manga is actually really good later on, especially after camping trip arc. There are pretty much no tropes after that and it focuses on their relationship a lot without unneccesary drama until shitty parents arc.

Ok, guess it's the fault of the adaptation then, whole episode was paced badly. But thanks for your comment, I'll give this anime (or the manga if the anime turns bad) a chance then.

I hope for the best but recent Marchen Madchen production failure don't give me much hope for this anime in hands of Hoods.
Apr 5, 2018 2:56 PM

Dec 2016
Mich666 said:
readher said:

Ok, guess it's the fault of the adaptation then, whole episode was paced badly. But thanks for your comment, I'll give this anime (or the manga if the anime turns bad) a chance then.

I hope for the best but recent Marchen Madchen production failure don't give me much hope for this anime in hands of Hoods.

Nah, it's not really fault of the adaptation. The beginning is badly paced and rushed like that in the manga too. It's definitely not its strongest point. The first episode covered exactly two chapters of the manga, so there was pretty much no place where anime could skip any content. Depending on how close they're going to follow the manga, the next episode might be bad in regards of pacing and cringe as well, but it'll only get better after that.
Apr 5, 2018 3:23 PM

Dec 2016
a_new_dawn said:
The manga is pretty good except two arks. Iroha is bae though.

Apr 5, 2018 3:35 PM

Jun 2016
I'm dissapointed on this adaptation.
As a manga reader i can clearly say the passing was, of course, bad. The manga also rushed in the beginning but it feels worse in the anime imo. And that animation??? Oh god ..why? Why.
Apr 5, 2018 4:18 PM

Dec 2016
a_new_dawn said:
Anyways, does anyone know any character thats similar personality-wise to Iroha?

I'm interested in that as well. So far I only found a story with a very similar premise, but I'm yet to read any of it. It's titled Real no Heroine wa Irimasen!
Apr 5, 2018 7:56 PM

Jun 2014
kaaamos said:
[
Whats the difference between "sexually proud" (lol) and slut?

i dont know if sexually proud is the correct way to say it. but a slut is a derogatory term used generally towards women who engage in sexual behavior with multiple men. at least, that's how it is generally used.

i think women are allowed to do whatever the hell they want and if they want to sleep around, so be it. as long as everything is clean, safe, and no one is being mistreated/cheated on/etc, then why the heck not?

in context to this episode, i obviously have no idea if this main character has actually been cheating on multiple men or not. if she has, it's wrong. but i just think it's crazy when people are so quick to immediately think she is 'gross' and a 'slut' for engaging in activity with men.
Apr 5, 2018 8:07 PM

Oct 2013
This was...pleasantly surprising as the ep went along. Initially, I thought I had a good read on the show's tone, especially after seeing what the OP looks like, thinking it was too pure for my tastes but it was surprisingly spicy. Thought, I'm worried it all gets toned down into blandness and this 1st ep was just bait. Oh well, time till well!
Apr 6, 2018 1:06 AM

Feb 2011
So, which is worse: being manipulated, losing your pride, being severely beaten up, being in a short term relationship, or being in a long distance relationship?
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)
Apr 6, 2018 2:23 AM

Mar 2014
readher said:
RedChrome said:

The MC gets much better later on. He'll be cringey for a little more, but once he knows Iroha is serious about him he starts changing a lot. After camping trip arc he's pretty much a different guy.

Oh okay that's a relief
Apr 6, 2018 5:07 AM

Jul 2016
It was ok for me I didn't LOVE it nor did I HATE it
I disliked the Scene where he clings to the other boys leg it was too cliche for me.
some scenes made me laugh and others made me cring
Apr 6, 2018 5:15 AM

Mar 2013
I am completely appalled by this anime. Truly horrible story, bad characters, and poor animation.
I'm sorry about this.
"Isn't Victini the cutest Pokemon of all time?"
Apr 6, 2018 5:25 AM

Jul 2014
Ooh I already love this. Tsutsun and Iroha are so cute, new OTP! <3 the ending song is really nice~
Apr 6, 2018 5:30 AM
Mar 2018
It was ok, quite amusing

but nothing unique there.
Apr 6, 2018 7:30 AM
Nov 2017
So yeah. I feel like i watched a whole season in just one episode. And therefore, there's no need to continue because it's not really that interesting, but i'm not going to drop it down like that, i'm just gonna sit it there for a while. The male MC has poor character, and i thought he's the Tsundere type bcos he's called Tsun Tsun, it would've been nice if he really is all the way, but, the kid is soft as a cotton candy, i was expecting more like a coconut shell kind of Tsun Tsun attitude. But why do i feel like it's somehow relates to Your Lie in April. Well i guess i'm gonna wait and see what happens and give it a shot again til its all finished. I'm the type who likes to binge btw. Yeah i know i just compromised my bad.
Apr 6, 2018 8:14 AM

Dec 2016
Wasakanene said:
So yeah. I feel like i watched a whole season in just one episode. And therefore, there's no need to continue because it's not really that interesting, but i'm not going to drop it down like that, i'm just gonna sit it there for a while. The male MC has poor character, and i thought he's the Tsundere type bcos he's called Tsun Tsun, it would've been nice if he really is all the way, but, the kid is soft as a cotton candy, i was expecting more like a coconut shell kind of Tsun Tsun attitude. But why do i feel like it's somehow relates to Your Lie in April. Well i guess i'm gonna wait and see what happens and give it a shot again til its all finished. I'm the type who likes to binge btw. Yeah i know i just compromised my bad.

The story is very much about the relationship between the two leads (and later side pairings as well), hence it rushes to establish it. It was set to be 12 volumes and it still had a rushed ending (maybe it wouldn't be the case if the author didn't write the awful parent arc which wasted a few chapters). Despite what it looks like from the beginning, there's actually very little comedy in the story.

There are three weak points in the story - beginning, parents arc and rushed ending. The rest makes up for them though imo.
readherApr 6, 2018 9:44 AM
Apr 6, 2018 9:44 AM

Dec 2016
a_new_dawn said:
readher said:

I think that you might have told them too much detail about the story. I suggest you to put it in a spoiler box just in case someone finds it as a spoiler (you revealed one characters personality 'n' stuff).

Yeah, perhaps I did. Edited.
Apr 6, 2018 9:51 AM

Oct 2015
I don't know why but I like it.
Apr 6, 2018 11:03 AM

Feb 2011
a_new_dawn said:
Reload said:
So, which is worse: being manipulated, losing your pride, being severely beaten up, being in a short term relationship, or being in a long distance relationship?

Not having a girlfriend in the first place.
True, better to have all of the above done to you over a person than an illustration. MC is too lucky imo. Any [relationship] where your partner doesn't have friends leaves you with fewer obstacles to be together. The short term and long distance wouldn't really effect the relationship if you always have time for each other. At least it's understandable why she doesn't have friends when you take those two obstacles into account.

I hope we'll see if her family has anything to do with [it]. From what I've seen thus far, it'll be like most stories where family and studies don't play a role in the story. We only saw his mother for a moment... Hold up! Did he manipulate his mother so he could go to school with that comment? Yep, mother had no effect on the story. The story seems a bit isolated compared to most. We'll see based on how much screen time other characters get.
ReloadApr 6, 2018 11:41 AM
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)
Apr 6, 2018 1:21 PM

Oct 2016
Read the manga a while back and absolutely loved it. The story isn't perfect when viewed by most people but imo, it's beautiful. The anime felt just a bit rushed, however if they slow down the pace and make 2 seasons instead of trying to cram everything into one season, this anime would be a solid 9. Also I'd suggest reading the manga before watching the anime since the manga goes more into depth and is infinitely superior (at least from the first episode)
'Time and titles do not matter in the bonds between people'
Apr 6, 2018 2:48 PM
Dec 2014
I read the manga ages ago and liked it, and this episode was nice but way too much happened.
Apr 6, 2018 4:02 PM

Apr 2015
Naicu adaptation of the mangu. OP was pretty decent and the animation on point. Looking forward to dem kisses ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Apr 6, 2018 4:08 PM

Feb 2018
THis was pretty bad but somehow still kinda enjoyable
Apr 6, 2018 5:09 PM
Oct 2012
When I read the synopsis, I thought it was just gonna be another loser wish-fulfillment but saw that it was "shoujo" and I didn't know what to think. Shoujo have some of the best romance but they also have some of the most horrible and annoying as well. After watching it, well:

The MC is such a pathetic stereotype of an otaku, even down to his sappy taste in a weird magical girl anime. I don't really mind that though, what I mind is how much of a fraud he is. He claims to hate girls like her but easily jump all over himself just cuz a cute girl was nice to him, how pathetic is that? Even nerds have the strength of their convictions and do have strong belief in what they say they believe, but apparently, not this guy. I hope he gets NTRed to death.

Also, why is she even doing this, why is she going out of her way to interact with him? She's that interested in trying to taste every kind of dick available? She's the main girl so I am sure she can't be THAT rotten but with shoujo and josei, you never know.
Apr 6, 2018 6:06 PM

Oct 2017
what legal streaming service is it on?
This post is brought to you by your local transfem gamer goblin. Will not tolerate bigotry and will fight against "anti-woke" sentiment to make the anime community a safer place.
Apr 6, 2018 8:36 PM
Feb 2012
nothing good comes from Hoods Entertainment
Apr 7, 2018 12:52 AM

Sep 2008
This must be the new anime by Illusion. 3D Kanojo: Real Girl.
Apr 7, 2018 3:57 AM
May 2015
It went exaclty like in manga!!! I liked it!
Apr 7, 2018 4:40 AM

Sep 2016
I'm just gonna say what everyone's been saying : cringe. I agree it is.'

Oh and when MC girl said "I'll take your cold", it was kinda hot, hey.

PS: This could be a good hentai.
NothinComplexPlsApr 7, 2018 4:43 AM
Apr 7, 2018 6:34 AM
Jun 2017
hmmm!!! i like this one, though im interested about the girl here, i mean sometimes she is nice and most of the times is not. well upon watching the first episode im thinking that the girl here is kind of playful to the guys around her. WEll good luck to Tsuitsui...
Apr 7, 2018 8:19 AM
Jul 2018
It felt way too rushed for me as a first episode: the MC already gets kissed twice and is already asked to go out with her.

Also, what the hell? He stalked her on the way out of school and when he admitted it in front of her she didn't even bat an eye about it?

P.S. Also, i didn't know that the japs were aware of the "wizard" joke.
removed-userApr 7, 2018 8:42 AM
Apr 7, 2018 3:50 PM

Sep 2017
I was completely sure I was not going to like this at first, but the characters ended up growing on me after that shitty rushed pace and some weird kisses.
Gotta say, I do like how original the main female character is compared to all other. Shoujo manga usually consists of shy girls all round, so this is refreshing. Let's hope it keeps being that way.
Apr 7, 2018 6:02 PM

Oct 2017
where am i legally able to stream the episode. I want to watch it and heard it is very funny.
This post is brought to you by your local transfem gamer goblin. Will not tolerate bigotry and will fight against "anti-woke" sentiment to make the anime community a safer place.
Apr 7, 2018 6:04 PM
Apr 2018
its a normal romance show. Our mc a otaku and our heroine a bitch like girl.They *accidently* MEET mc realizes she is not that bad starting to like her bla bla bla and i spare the rest. So yeah it was pretty much boring and so much pacing in the 1st episode wow its just no.And that one blonde dude just constantly pisses me off and just let me feel so much cringe its like he is the definition of cancer for me
Apr 7, 2018 7:19 PM
Apr 2018
I admit the animation studio has bad reputation because of their shitty previous works and it seems like this anime has low budget but judging the anime it self as horrible is quite bullshit for me!!! read first the manga before judging this anime yes there were shitty moments but in fairness I am bit amaze on how the story goes and the plot is quite cliche but it is still okay for me I spoil you a little bit Iroha is not actually slut, easy gir,l play girl, dirty she might tease tsuntsun about her virginity to the point that she lied to him but the truth is she is serious to tsuntsun and tsuntsun is the only who one owns her virginity at end and that after 6 months she will go is not like she is toying tsuntsun the reason of that is she will undergo an surgical operation after 6 months that might lose her memories thats why she is afraid that might hurt tsuntsun so much!!!!
Apr 7, 2018 7:32 PM
Jul 2017
It had some weird pacing. Its like 1 scene they're not on good terms then immediately next scene they're talking normally to each other. Its like they skipped some part in between those to scenes. Anyways it was an ok and enjoyable ep
Apr 7, 2018 8:04 PM
Apr 2018
Firelord76 said:
Better than I expected it to be. Bit off an odd pairing, too – otaku guy and socially dysfunctional girl. Relationship is set from the get-go, so no beating around the bush, and they only have 6 months to really get to know each other and decide how far they want to take it.

Animation isn't really stellar (seems to be an issue with Hoods recently), but I enjoyed this episode nonetheless.

Also, I like how being an otaku seems to be coming a bit more accepted in manga/anime, even more so considering the fact that this is a shoujo series, so maybe this is an attempt by the author to tell young girls that dating an otaku may not always be as bad as they might be tempted to believe.

yeah I agree I am bit disappointed that hoods is the one making this animation, the manga is great by the way, if not the hood is the one making this anime I am sure it will become one of the best anime for 2018 but nevertheless I am also watching this anime despite I already finish reading the manga. ahm little bit spoiler there was a serious reason why iroha will leave after 6 months :)
Apr 7, 2018 11:52 PM

Jan 2016
T H O T * C O N F I R M E D

It's an okay episode. A log of cringy things here and there and I just wanna ask a question to the manga readers. What kind of development are we talking about in terms of those two?
Apr 8, 2018 2:36 AM
Apr 2018
PerkZ- said:

It's an okay episode. A log of cringy things here and there and I just wanna ask a question to the manga readers. What kind of development are we talking about in terms of those two?

there were many challenges that they will face in their relationship, misunderstandings especially to tsuntsun because as we all know he is not use to have a 3d kanojo ahm no love triangles involve because they are loyal to each other but there were occurrence characters that will challenge their relationship but at end of the chapters the misunderstandings will be solve. lot of kiss and hug and the most important thing is tsuntsun successfully stood his manhood to iroha hahahahahahaha
Apr 8, 2018 2:40 AM

Dec 2016
PerkZ- said:

Apr 8, 2018 3:09 AM
Apr 2018
It was too fast. Where is the character development, leading up to them together.I was hoping for more of a nisekoi start.
Apr 8, 2018 4:07 AM
Apr 2018
RespekRamen said:
It was too fast. Where is the character development, leading up to them together.I was hoping for more of a nisekoi start.

they encounter lot of challenges as the episode goes on :)
Apr 8, 2018 5:52 AM

Dec 2016
RespekRamen said:

The story isn't about them getting together, but rather about their relationship. Just like most romance stories end with confession and/or kiss, this one starts with it.
Apr 8, 2018 6:21 AM

Jan 2016
RespekRamen said:

I really don't want it to be like Nisekoi, the start was a bit complicated and the ending of the manga made me a bit disappointed.

The episode wasn't that good but it wasn't not that bad either. I look forward to having more and It makes me wanna read the manga :D
Apr 8, 2018 7:01 AM

May 2015
An unusual interaction between characters but that's actually resonated with me pretty well. I hope it'll get even better.
Apr 8, 2018 8:33 AM

Feb 2013
Opening with "late for school"... not a good way to start.
It did get better as it went, but it wasn't exactly captivating.
Apr 8, 2018 10:38 AM

Jul 2016
MC's inner thoughts is a nice touch, I did felt a scum's wish vibe there. Is this as smutty as scum's wish?
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » 3D Kanojo: Real Girl Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

31 by Haru_2806 »»
Mar 21, 6:11 AM

Poll: » 3D Kanojo: Real Girl Episode 11 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Aug 8, 2018

19 by Haru_2806 »»
Mar 21, 5:47 AM

Poll: » 3D Kanojo: Real Girl Episode 10 Discussion

10 by Haru_2806 »»
Mar 21, 4:08 AM

Poll: » 3D Kanojo: Real Girl Episode 9 Discussion

13 by samekenne »»
Jan 9, 5:51 AM

Poll: » 3D Kanojo: Real Girl Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2018

105 by bakakisima »»
Jan 8, 10:04 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.