Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Seven Deadly Sins
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 3, 2018 9:30 AM
Jul 2018
Wasn´t Season 1 the new coming of shounen jesus or sth?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 3, 2018 2:31 PM

Sep 2014
Well the communication about It was poor. I wasn't even aware it was airing
Apr 3, 2018 2:39 PM

Apr 2016
I think after Boku no Hero Academia people forgot this even existed.
Apr 3, 2018 2:40 PM

Jan 2013
I'm guessing the manga is way better than the anime even though I haven't read it. I'm just going by what most of people/my friends say.
Apr 4, 2018 3:09 PM
Dec 2012
Klad said:
I'm guessing the manga is way better than the anime even though I haven't read it. I'm just going by what most of people/my friends say.

No it's just that what this season adapts is the worst part of the 3 parts of the story.
Apr 4, 2018 9:44 PM

Aug 2014
Klad said:
Nah, the manga actually gets quite tedious down the line, it's like the author has no idea what they're doing.
#dicksoutforhughmungus
Apr 5, 2018 7:36 AM
Nov 2017
It's because there's no DUB! Usually dubbed series are more popular and the English voice actors in 7 Deadly Sins are better in my opinion
Apr 5, 2018 7:40 AM

Jan 2013
Lieo_Deo said:
It's because there's no DUB! Usually dubbed series are more popular and the English voice actors in 7 Deadly Sins are better in my opinion

I'd say you have it the other way around.

Popular anime get dubs, not the other way around.
Apr 5, 2018 7:41 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
You can thanks Netflix for that
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Apr 7, 2018 3:31 AM

Jan 2015
Vlad4o said:

yeah, sadly a shitty generic shounen has higher ratings than something more unique, but people have bad taste anyways xd
Apr 7, 2018 7:55 AM

Jan 2017
I personally enjoyed S1 quite a bit but this one for some reason has been mostly boring, Idk if it's the new storyline or what, I just never find myself looking forward to the new ep.
Apr 8, 2018 7:04 PM
Nov 2017
ImAWeebUwU said:
Vlad4o said:

yeah, sadly a shitty generic shounen has higher ratings than something more unique, but people have bad taste anyways xd
Seven deadly sins is not that unique . I’m a fan of both series but this isn’t that unique . A lot of the arcs are the same .
Apr 8, 2018 10:18 PM

Aug 2011
I can think of three reasons:

The first season ruined the set up to S2 by diverging from the manga. S2 had to waste time fixing the shitty mistakes the first season and the filler made. The filler and wait turned a lot of people off.

Second problem is that the current arc is the longest in the series. So far everything that has aired this season (episode 12 as of now) has just been set up. We got some important characterization but nothing major has happened. The commandments just barely moved from the spot they where for 12 episodes. The set up is all done and the meat of the story will finally start rolling. This is perfectly fine because all this set up and characterization is badly needed for what's about to go down. The problem is shonen kiddies who are more used to crap like Naruto or MHA can't be bothered to wait for actual characterization, or set up, and just want action. Those of us who read the manga know that now that the set up is done shit's about to go down. At the pace the anime is going it looks very likely that it's going to end in THAT scene. S2 is set to end in a bang which will start the hype train for S3.

Third problem is simply people have bad taste in Chinese cartoons and would rather watch garbage like MHA and Boruto then read the much superior NnT manga from the beginning. It helps with the hype from the anime.
Apr 9, 2018 2:17 AM

Jul 2017
Lmao all these people saying "bnha is generic shit" can't they see this is also generic af? At least bnha has no cheap excuses to power up its main character... uhhh so meliodas had this power from long time ago... yeah sure and now... he got it back. BS
Apr 9, 2018 4:37 AM

Sep 2014
Why blame another anime when the real problem lie in the fact that this show is only accessible to pirates?
Apr 9, 2018 2:19 PM
Oct 2015
DatRandomDude said:
You can thanks Netflix for that
This is the main reason not a lot of people are talking about it.
Apr 9, 2018 2:20 PM

Jul 2015
Only bad animes get hype
Apr 9, 2018 4:06 PM

Oct 2012
People are probably waiting for it to come out on Netflix? Who knows
Apr 9, 2018 5:13 PM

Jan 2017
I still enjoy the hell out of it and watch it every single week since its premiere in January.

Another issue was at the very beginning, subbed versions were delayed getting out (also happened with Saiki Kusuo S2).

Crazy that quality shows have trouble getting fansubs or picked up, yet we have literal garbage that gets insta-simul-subbed/dubbed worldwide.

Apr 9, 2018 5:19 PM

Mar 2012
Klad said:

I prefer the anime, the manga makes me fall asleep.
Apr 9, 2018 5:43 PM

Oct 2013
Klad said:

The first season of the anime is better, the manga is a borefest!!!!! The first episode of the 2nd season was boring as fuck, so I'm officially done with this series.
Apr 10, 2018 2:50 AM

Feb 2013
It didn't seem like it was advertised properly compared to when the first season first aired coz my boyfriend and I literally just found out it was airing since January and already has 12 episodes out so far... When we found out, we checked Netflix and S2 isn't even on there...

Also, I wish people wouldn't compare though coz both BNHA and NnT have their own charm. If you don't enjoy this one but enjoy the other, it's easy to stop watching.

Apr 10, 2018 5:35 PM
Nov 2017
I’m a fan of the show but if I’m gonna keep it real then this season so far has been boring . Not alot of people are talking about this season or care right now . Black clover , Darling in the franxx , MHA and Tokyo ghoul have more people watching / reacting to than SDS . It’s not a bad season at all it’s honestly good but it’s just not on the level of the other shows in terms of people watching it and hype and to have Black clover ahead of you says alot
Apr 11, 2018 2:53 AM

Jul 2014
The first season was 4 years ago and in this time many new strong shounen titles being pushed by shounen jump, people kinda forgot about this
Apr 11, 2018 4:59 AM
Aug 2017
NO HYPE?

I'M TELLING YOU SOMETHING RIGHT NOW

THE SUN IS COMING 🙏 THE SUN!
Apr 11, 2018 5:08 AM

Jun 2012
Can somebody tell me if this season is being rushed as the first season?
Apr 11, 2018 1:15 PM

May 2012
Snaita said:

I don't read manga. But this season feels slower and not rushed like 1st season.

I personally like 1st season more. If I remember correctly, the 1st 12 episodes in season 1 had more fights than this. So being rushed might not be bad thing for anime only watchers.
Apr 11, 2018 1:36 PM

Jun 2012
thepath said:
Snaita said:

I don't read manga. But this season feels slower and not rushed like 1st season.

I personally like 1st season more. If I remember correctly, the 1st 12 episodes in season 1 had more fights than this. So being rushed might not be bad thing for anime only watchers.

Don't know about that, Ban past seems rushed
Apr 13, 2018 5:38 AM
Mar 2016
They destroyed the plot in the second cour of the first anime season. The way the first season was resolved was lame and uninteresting, same as the transition to the new arc. Also, power levels.
Also, excess of melodrama every episode

As someone said before, I feel the author has no idea of where she is heading, or what she wants to do with the story. To this point, it's completely unbalanced.

inb4 "shit taste likes Boruto" or some shit
Apr 13, 2018 6:09 AM
Jul 2018
^shit taste likes Boruto

Also it´s a he, you not only assumed his gender, but it was also the wrong one lel.
Apr 20, 2018 8:42 AM

May 2009
Because it's not licenced/officially subbed/on the Netflix, bingewatchers there are too lazy or dumb to find subs/watch other streams.
Apr 20, 2018 9:16 AM

Oct 2015
I don't even think season 1 was that popular compared to each competitor BnHA

𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔫𝔞 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠𝔥 𝔶𝔬𝔲,
𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔱𝔦𝔫' 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱𝔥 𝔞𝔩𝔩 𝔪𝔶 𝔪𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱

Apr 20, 2018 12:38 PM
Aug 2008
There is no hype?

Just praise the sun, you infidel.

Apr 21, 2018 6:10 PM
Dec 2017
-Lofn- said:
I don't even think season 1 was that popular compared to each competitor BnHA
Uh, s1 is one of the most popular anime on mal, and in Japan was one of the only anime ever to compete with One Piece week-to-week as far as TV ratings go. AKA it was insanely popular, not sure how popular this season is in Japan, but I'm assuming it's only on mal where the hype has died.
Apr 21, 2018 10:33 PM

Jan 2018
It's like a wind in your hair. I've never heard about this anime until like right now. It might be exaggerated but lol.
Apr 26, 2018 7:33 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
ImAWeebUwU said:
Vlad4o said:

No, nanatsu no taizai is a below average and uninteresting shounen and the main characters are obnoxious.
Apr 27, 2018 4:54 AM

Jan 2015
-Judar- said:
ImAWeebUwU said:

No, nanatsu no taizai is a below average and uninteresting shounen and the main characters are obnoxious.

thats not how you spell bnha :/
Apr 27, 2018 5:49 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
ImAWeebUwU said:
-Judar- said:

Well, meliodas is just another perverted and ridiculously overpowered MC and elizabeth is a weak and useless female lead common in shounens and neither of them get character development. The villains have shitty motives, the plot is uninteresting and because many of the characters are overpowered, the battles are predictacle. Top it with an uninteresting plot and a setting used over and over again in anime, you get NnT. The art is also ugly and the story becomes worse overtime.
Apr 28, 2018 5:30 AM

Jan 2015
-Judar- said:
ImAWeebUwU said:

Well, meliodas is just another perverted and ridiculously overpowered MC and elizabeth is a weak and useless female lead common in shounens and neither of them get character development. The villains have shitty motives, the plot is uninteresting and because many of the characters are overpowered, the battles are predictacle. Top it with an uninteresting plot and a setting used over and over again in anime, you get NnT. The art is also ugly and the story becomes worse overtime.

yeah right, having a weak, crying wimp as mc, who powers up during fights is better, and so unpredictable? what a joke
Apr 28, 2018 8:48 AM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
ImAWeebUwU said:
-Judar- said:

yeah right, having a weak, crying wimp as mc, who powers up during fights is better, and so unpredictable? what a joke

I'll take a weak, "beta" mc over a perverted molester mc any day.
Apr 30, 2018 8:07 AM
Dec 2016
ImAWeebUwU said:

I know you don't watch BNHA because you'd know the main character isn't wimp at all. You'd also know that he has never powered up during a fight. The main character in BNHA gets stronger through hard work and perseverance. The MC in the Seven Deadly Sins gets stronger by asking some people he somehow gave his power to a while ago for it back. It doesn't get any lamer than that. He has never gotten stronger by training throughout the shows runtime.
Apr 30, 2018 12:37 PM

Jul 2016
Because of netflix the episode is late and not proper subbed

Apr 30, 2018 1:40 PM
Apr 2017
Dont know what you mean by that... The hype is in my veins
Apr 30, 2018 2:59 PM

Jan 2015
TJHooker said:
ImAWeebUwU said:

I know you don't watch BNHA because you'd know the main character isn't wimp at all. You'd also know that he has never powered up during a fight. The main character in BNHA gets stronger through hard work and perseverance. The MC in the Seven Deadly Sins gets stronger by asking some people he somehow gave his power to a while ago for it back. It doesn't get any lamer than that. He has never gotten stronger by training throughout the shows runtime.

right, and im the queen of england
Apr 30, 2018 3:07 PM
Dec 2016
ImAWeebUwU said:

right, and im the queen of england

Just checked your list and you haven't even completed MHA. I'd wager that's the biggest reason you think the Seven Deadly Sins even approaches its quality.
Apr 30, 2018 5:50 PM
Sep 2014
I'm still hyped for every episode of this anime. I usually don't have many anime to be excited about for each week, but this one has been the one I'm currently looking forward to the most each time I finish another episode. This series is one of my favorites.
May 1, 2018 4:14 AM
Jun 2015
Very damn shitty arcs adapted! that's why.
The story just deviated away from its goals, and I can't relate anymore with the new characters.
Season#1 was way better than this.
May 1, 2018 10:59 AM
Nov 2016
Maybe because the long wait time between seasons caused the hyped to kinda, waste away? Also, with the rise of series' like MHA, it's pretty obvious as to why this show lost it's popularity. The new generation of shounen fans want something a little more complex, even from a shounen, something which MHA and Youkoso no Neverland offer... So...

^This also explains why the popularity of the manga has decreased(yeah, let's be honest, that astronomical drop in it's yearly sales isn't because of the rise in digital sales.)
May 1, 2018 11:02 AM
Nov 2016
Tsuchisa said:
I know... Do they not like escanor????

As hype as his introduction was, one character can't save an entire series.
May 4, 2018 9:11 AM
May 2010
Guatafat said:
Lmao all these people saying "bnha is generic shit" can't they see this is also generic af? At least bnha has no cheap excuses to power up its main character... uhhh so meliodas had this power from long time ago... yeah sure and now... he got it back. BS

It was mention in S1 that he had this power =_=, so it's not an excuse.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Imashime no Fukkatsu Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2018

61 by Foressss »»
Mar 23, 8:07 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Imashime no Fukkatsu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2018

69 by Butterball2305 »»
Mar 16, 11:21 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Imashime no Fukkatsu Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 4, 2018

65 by hidingfrom_BIBI »»
Feb 29, 9:28 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Imashime no Fukkatsu Episode 24 Discussion

tsubasalover - Aug 8, 2018

46 by GearheadOtaku »»
Feb 6, 2:56 AM

» I love this season

removed-user - Oct 9, 2021

10 by GearheadOtaku »»
Feb 6, 2:51 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.