Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 2, 2018 5:50 AM

May 2012
Hey guys seeing that there's a romance tag in this novel and from reading the synopsis i want to ask the relationship between our MC's is it a real romance? or just some hints after 12 volumes?

My heart can't take another pussy mc not declaring his love to a girl that clearly likes him and i'm pretty sure she is a tsundere, i don't mind if it takes 3-4 volumes but does their relationship go anywhere? again i'm not willing to go through 12 volumes just for another "and he looked at her 2 hard but didn't have the balls to confess so she blushed and hit him"

Truly, comparisons between fellow humans are what turn out to be the most infuriating.
Apr 7, 2018 10:34 PM

Jun 2012
Hhmm, Regis(MC) doesn't really have any romantic feelings [yet(?)] for the princess.... The maid got a higher chance here XD.

And yeah the princess as well have only recently developed her feelings, I think it was from volume 6 or 7 till the latest volume......She's conscious of it about 60%.

The romance tag is probably pertaining to the numerous side characters' love affairs.

Apr 8, 2018 1:49 AM

May 2012
Zaphkiel_El_Rem said:
Hhmm, Regis(MC) doesn't really have any romantic feelings [yet(?)] for the princess.... The maid got a higher chance here XD.

And yeah the princess as well have only recently developed her feelings, I think it was from volume 6 or 7 till the latest volume......She's conscious of it about 60%.

The romance tag is probably pertaining to the numerous side characters' love affairs.

Ty very much for your reply man i kind of concluded that from the character art and the synopsis ..... so sad why do Jap authors think adding romance to a series is wrong? they love getting cucked i guess .... don't they see SAO making millions cuz they gave us the romance fast ....

sorry for the rant it's just that the series seems interesting but i can't take another stupidly annoying dense MC for the next couple years .... cant they learn from Rakudai Kishi no Cavarly and the like.

Truly, comparisons between fellow humans are what turn out to be the most infuriating.
May 18, 2018 10:05 PM

Apr 2014
Altay545 said:

Ty very much for your reply man i kind of concluded that from the character art and the synopsis ..... so sad why do Jap authors think adding romance to a series is wrong? they love getting cucked i guess .... don't they see SAO making millions cuz they gave us the romance fast ....

sorry for the rant it's just that the series seems interesting but i can't take another stupidly annoying dense MC for the next couple years .... cant they learn from Rakudai Kishi no Cavarly and the like.

Regis has some level of feelings for the main girl, but he represses it due to the difference in their stations (princess and commoner). There's plenty of side romance in the series, and the main one doesn't progress much with good reason.
Then again, since the LNs you're touting as top quality are SAO and Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry, you're better off not reading this.
May 19, 2018 3:16 PM

May 2012
DarthBob said:

Regis has some level of feelings for the main girl, but he represses it due to the difference in their stations (princess and commoner). There's plenty of side romance in the series, and the main one doesn't progress much with good reason.
Then again, since the LNs you're touting as top quality are SAO and Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry, you're better off not reading this.

Lol what a way to take a low jab lol i know that SAO is well .... yeah not the best example of a good romance ... or writing ... but hey the concept is pretty cool and it can sometimes pull it off and my main thing in bringing SAO up was the commercial success it got cuz no matter how much people bitch about it nobody can deny the cash it's made lol.

Rakudai Kishi i just like the romance man the story itself is meh there are some cool moments but nothing 2 over the top standard "underdog MC slowly build up harem and everyone learns his shitty power is actually OP" but god damn was i fucking impressed when they actually sat down and talked about their feelings, they were both worried about what the other thought about the relationship and i was welp here we go again 20 volumes of misunderstandings, color me fucking surprised when they sit down and talk about what they feel for each other, it was just so ... refreshing lol.

And again that's just something that doesn't happen.

Well yeah princess commoner whatever bro defend the series with that if you want it could happen if the author didn't want to cuck the MC romance can be pulled off in a series and you don't have to just dangle it in front of the readers as the end game if theres romance actually develop the romance, the end is gonna be them realizing and that's it no development on that.

May 20, 2018 1:37 AM

Apr 2014
Altay545 said:

Lol what a way to take a low jab lol i know that SAO is well .... yeah not the best example of a good romance ... or writing ... but hey the concept is pretty cool and it can sometimes pull it off and my main thing in bringing SAO up was the commercial success it got cuz no matter how much people bitch about it nobody can deny the cash it's made lol.

Rakudai Kishi i just like the romance man the story itself is meh there are some cool moments but nothing 2 over the top standard "underdog MC slowly build up harem and everyone learns his shitty power is actually OP" but god damn was i fucking impressed when they actually sat down and talked about their feelings, they were both worried about what the other thought about the relationship and i was welp here we go again 20 volumes of misunderstandings, color me fucking surprised when they sit down and talk about what they feel for each other, it was just so ... refreshing lol.

And again that's just something that doesn't happen.

Well yeah princess commoner whatever bro defend the series with that if you want it could happen if the author didn't want to cuck the MC romance can be pulled off in a series and you don't have to just dangle it in front of the readers as the end game if theres romance actually develop the romance, the end is gonna be them realizing and that's it no development on that.

I'm not taking a jab at all - I'm simply saying that the genre is completely different. SAO/Rakudai are pretty much extreme fantasy with the main guys being stupidly OP, and clearing just about any situation by just wrecking the enemy. This series, on the other hand, has no fantasy elements per se, and focuses on actual warfare in a pre-industrial revolution era. I was just saying that if the type you like is the former, then it's quite likely that you won't be able to get into this one.

I'm not going to bother commenting on your analysis of SAO/Rakudai. My experience with the two of them were... well, atrocious, so it's not something I even want to remember.

Seriously though, I don't understand your fixation with romance, when this LN is about a lot more than just a bunch of teens wanting to bang each other. Altina is 14 when the series starts out, which is definitely not old enough for any sort of serious romance. As the story progresses, it becomes clear that she is developing some feelings, but don't tell me that you actually expect a girl that young to take the initiative. As for Regis, his reason is perfectly valid and realistic. Talk all you want about the author 'cucking' whoever - the main romance being slow makes perfect sense here. Besides, when a story is actually pretty good, romance should be the last thing on your mind.

Well, whatever. I haven't caught up with this LN yet, so I can't be sure if the romance actually works or not in the later volumes. But if you're looking for an LN with similar themes (realistic warfare and tactics) and has romance that actually works out, take a shot at Rakuin no Monshou. It's completed, with a great ending.
DarthBobMay 20, 2018 1:49 AM
May 20, 2018 3:01 PM

May 2012
DarthBob said:

I'm not taking a jab at all - I'm simply saying that the genre is completely different. SAO/Rakudai are pretty much extreme fantasy with the main guys being stupidly OP, and clearing just about any situation by just wrecking the enemy. This series, on the other hand, has no fantasy elements per se, and focuses on actual warfare in a pre-industrial revolution era. I was just saying that if the type you like is the former, then it's quite likely that you won't be able to get into this one.

I'm not going to bother commenting on your analysis of SAO/Rakudai. My experience with the two of them were... well, atrocious, so it's not something I even want to remember.

Seriously though, I don't understand your fixation with romance, when this LN is about a lot more than just a bunch of teens wanting to bang each other. Altina is 14 when the series starts out, which is definitely not old enough for any sort of serious romance. As the story progresses, it becomes clear that she is developing some feelings, but don't tell me that you actually expect a girl that young to take the initiative. As for Regis, his reason is perfectly valid and realistic. Talk all you want about the author 'cucking' whoever - the main romance being slow makes perfect sense here. Besides, when a story is actually pretty good, romance should be the last thing on your mind.

Well, whatever. I haven't caught up with this LN yet, so I can't be sure if the romance actually works or not in the later volumes. But if you're looking for an LN with similar themes (realistic warfare and tactics) and has romance that actually works out, take a shot at Rakuin no Monshou. It's completed, with a great ending.

All right no problem bro you seem pretty civilized nice to see someone take into a discussion without feeling the need to go crazy.

Welp sorry that you had such a bad experience with both series i personally kind of liked them i'd give both around an 7 or 8 enjoyable if you can turn off your brain and just enjoy them for what they are but hey i understand totally that you don't like them, it also helps for me that SAO was the first LN i ever read and you gotta remember that LN was the one of the first of it's kind with the whole travel to another world/Isekai/trapped in game theme that made that sort of stuff popular and it was also before we got hundreds of LN with that same shit and 3 shitty anime about it every season, Rakudai well it was also an early read for me lol, but again theres something fun in there if you don't think about it 2 much.

See man that's the problem i have here why did the author try and shoehorn the romance in there? i just hate it when novels do that and that's a sin almost all LN share that there is romance in there when there shouldnt be i know that the series is about war and all but then you have like 1/4 of the volume dedicated to the relationship between the characters that just takes away from the novel, my point here is why have the romance in the firs place ? why not just forgo the whole thing, i'm pretty sure they have feelings and they do some bullshit that makes them both blush and then someone ruins the moment and that keeps on going all the way through the novel and it just pisses me off either have romance or not that's my main problem.

That's why i said i didn't want that cuz i dislike having to read series where the main theme is something cool but theres this stupid relationship that takes a lot of time and at the end of the day it gets nowhere, even worse some authors after all that at the end don't even finalize that romance.

Well i talked to some other people and well till now it's just the same thing they blush and the romance goes nowhere don't worry lol.

Hey thx alot for the recommendation i'll be sure to check it out bro, i get what you're trying to say and i hope you can kind of see my point.

May 21, 2018 2:24 AM
May 2018
I made this account because I wanted to reply to this thread.

On SAO, there are actually a lot of reasons why it did so well. A lot of people actually comment that it did well in spite of the fact that it had an established and "official" couple. The fact was it not only maintained but also grew a harem even though Kirito was supposed to only be with Asuna. I won't really go into that. I actually also enjoyed Chivalry of a Failed Knight while also enjoying Altina, but I won't get into that either.

So, I've read through all 13 volumes of Altina, and I feel like the story would make no sense if it had any strong and overt romance between Regis and Altina. First is the commoner/princess issue, as mentioned above. Altay545 literally just dismisses this as a non-issue by saying "whatever bro defend the series with that" and then continues by spouting nonsense. This is a very realistic story set in the basic equivalent of 19th century France. If a commoner tries to have a romance with a princess, the commoner dies. There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Not just that, literally everyone in the country thinks the same way. They couldn't just hide. Literally everyone would view it as completely normal to execute Regis if that happened.

As a practical issue, Regis has also explained why it would be bad to be overly familiar with the princess in front of others. Many of the troops view her as a goddess, and any over-familiarity could easily lower troop morale. This could get a lot of people killed. That's reason enough to not even risk anything. Regis already has traumatic dreams of all the people that have died, people he thinks he could have saved if only he had done something different.

Finally, there are issues of Regis' self-confidence. This is arguably the only place where any of your "cucking" comments could make any sense. However, given all of the setting and Regis' entire character, I think it makes sense. In fact, the whole reason that Altina (as well as many others, this is a harem genre story, after all) like Regis is because he's not like most other men, because he's not overly self-confident. I won't really defend this point, but I will say I do find his lack of self-confidence charming even though I dislike the harem elements.

Again, this is supposed to be a very realistic 19th century French-ish setting. Inserting romance here would make very, very little sense. And I'm also trying to be civil in this post, but I do take issue with how you make it sound like authors who don't shoehorn in romance love to get cucked. Like, just no.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Haken no Kouki Altina Volume 13 Discussion

Zaphkiel_El_Rem - May 12, 2018

0 by Zaphkiel_El_Rem »»
May 12, 2018 1:50 AM

Poll: » Haken no Kouki Altina Volume 12 Discussion

Zaphkiel_El_Rem - Oct 1, 2017

1 by BlackFIFA19 »»
Oct 22, 2017 10:41 AM

Poll: » Haken no Kouki Altina Volume 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 26, 2016

1 by BlackHairedBaka »»
Jun 19, 2017 7:16 AM

Poll: » Haken no Kouki Altina Volume 4 Discussion

-Karoshi- - Jul 15, 2015

4 by Zaphkiel_El_Rem »»
Jun 5, 2017 5:44 AM

Poll: » Haken no Kouki Altina Volume 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2016

1 by ADooDoo »»
Oct 15, 2016 10:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.