Forum Settings
Forums
Poll: Do you dislike Chinese Anime? (In General)

Nov 14, 2018 10:53 PM

i dont hate chinese anime, audio language might be needed some time to get used but its not an issue at all for me, similar like watching an anime that being dub with my local language or english dub are kind of weird compare to watching them with its original japanese language.

but most of the time that make me drop many chinese anime is because their final result that kind of half asses, can it be from the animation quality itself (more like watching a stop motion with low frame per second or it have stiff movement animation)
or the story that blatantly a copy of other work but with much lower quality than the original.

Nov 15, 2018 12:26 AM

I thoroughly enjoyed The King's Avatar and thought that the Master Jiang and the Six Kingdoms trailer was great. Not a fan of the general artstyle and color palette of Chinese Donghua, but it's not a dealbreaker for me.

Nov 15, 2018 1:46 AM
mdo7 said:
Phanith_san said:

looking for where I wrote "I'm OK with American cartoon and American video game having Japanese dub". can you help me find where I wrote it ? I'm so forgetful these days

You didn't wrote it, but when you write that you don't watch anime in English dub, it seem to imply that you're OK with American game with Japanese voice, tell me does Batman: Arkham Knight sound better in Japanese then in English:

Sorry, I don't understand your logic

Nov 15, 2018 7:26 AM

Jare4lopez said:
I've never watched a Chinese anime tbh, could you recommend me some?

Definitely check out Uncharted Walker, I thought it was awesome and I think / hope they're doing a season 2 at some point.

Nov 15, 2018 9:28 AM

The VA just sounds so strange to me, i can't really immerse myself while watching. I don't know, maybe i'm just used to Japanese. Also from the few i've seen, they look off
Modified by FireballKnuckle, Nov 15, 2018 9:36 AM

Nov 15, 2018 9:35 AM

I have nothing against, they even did some recent anime that I liked with Gaoshou Quanzhi and Aishen Qiaokeli-ing.
Modified by Silent_Boy, Nov 15, 2018 9:39 AM

Nov 15, 2018 10:08 PM

If I would watch/listen anything Chinese, my ears would bleed, no thanks!

Nov 16, 2018 6:08 AM

Well, I've never seen any Chinese anime?

and I don't really like the sound of the Chinese language.

Nov 16, 2018 6:13 AM

Because they haven't seen To Be Hero.

Nov 16, 2018 2:07 PM

Phanith_san said:
mdo7 said:

You didn't wrote it, but when you write that you don't watch anime in English dub, it seem to imply that you're OK with American game with Japanese voice, tell me does Batman: Arkham Knight sound better in Japanese then in English:

OK, let me break it down to you. Do you know what hypocrisy is? Do you know how many time I caught dub hater watching American stuff dubbed in Japanese?

English dub of anime=bad

Japanese dub of American video game=superior over the original English language

That's what kinda happen when Skullgirls, an American fighting game got a Japanese dub. A lot of people that hated English dub in anime started to show their hypocrisy.

When you say you hate Chinese language for the same reason you hate English dub for anime. I don't know if you're bias for anything Japanese that include American and western stuff dub in Japanese.

Nov 17, 2018 9:49 AM

I dislike Chinese anime, but it's something political.

Since I dislike mandarin, I will have a hard time watching Chinese anime.

Nov 17, 2018 3:27 PM

I don't hate Chinese Anime; but never seen any either; if you have some recommendations I'm willing to think about watching it.

Nov 17, 2018 4:57 PM

cause chinese anime will ruin the anime industry like
china ruined diablo

Nov 18, 2018 8:24 PM
mdo7 said:
Phanith_san said:

OK, let me break it down to you. Do you know what hypocrisy is? Do you know how many time I caught dub hater watching American stuff dubbed in Japanese?

English dub of anime=bad

Japanese dub of American video game=superior over the original English language

That's what kinda happen when Skullgirls, an American fighting game got a Japanese dub. A lot of people that hated English dub in anime started to show their hypocrisy.

When you say you hate Chinese language for the same reason you hate English dub for anime. I don't know if you're bias for anything Japanese that include American and western stuff dub in Japanese.

I don't care what other people hate or like.To me, if you show me western film with Japanese DUB I would hate it too.

Nov 19, 2018 8:39 AM

Phanith_san said:

I don't care what other people hate or like.To me, if you show me western film with Japanese DUB I would hate it too.

Well glad to see you're not hypocrite. May I ask why do you think Chinese language is gibberish?

Nov 22, 2018 11:24 PM

I prefer if they can make chinese anime with japanese seiyuu. I only watched some 'anime' style 'animation' if it got japanese seiyuu on it.

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]