Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 1, 2018 2:50 PM

Jul 2017
In life, what do you consider more important? Building relationships with friends and eventually finding love? Or building up a career and being well-off?

Personally, I'm not sure. I want to know what everybody else thinks.
Sorry, the user you are looking for is not available at the moment. You are currently reading text generated by APSAB or "Auto-Programmed-Signature-Mataining-Bot" (patent pending).

ERROR CODE 1979-NIPUL-W3EB
Please Install the Latest Version of MAL.OS as Some Features of Certain Signatures May Not Appear Correctly. You are currently running MAL.OS.V4. Click here to download MAL.OS.V5.

APSAB Version: Beta.99

"If Seinfeld isn't your favorite anime, then you aren't watching anime correctly."
- Me

Apr 1, 2018 2:51 PM

May 2016
a career is really important. But if you find good friends, they'll still be with you when you're broke.

so idk.
~ Nas, The "OG Bulgarian"~
Formerly known as:
~ Gokuvich, The "OG Bulgarian"~
Apr 1, 2018 2:54 PM

Jan 2009
with this slow economic growth worldwide then its definitely career

economic insecurity drives people to do suicide and become more lonely because financial problems is one main cause of divorce and family problems
Apr 1, 2018 2:56 PM

Mar 2014
Get a career.
Get a dog.
Love the dog.
Apr 1, 2018 3:00 PM

Nov 2017
I'd say a career, love can't really be sustained if you're not happy/financially secure imo
Apr 1, 2018 3:01 PM

Mar 2018
You are more likely to die from being poor than from not being loved.

Career>Hobbies>Dreams>Friends>Love
Apr 1, 2018 3:03 PM

Dec 2016
Building a career and being well-off
한 번만 살지만 제대로 하면 한 번이면 충분해요
Apr 1, 2018 3:03 PM

May 2016
Being able to sustain yourself and your hobbies is more important.
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Apr 1, 2018 3:39 PM

Jul 2015
I’m not saying that a career is more important than love. All I’m saying is that if ur house gets foreclosed, love is not paying for it
Apr 1, 2018 3:46 PM

Apr 2017
love ofc, Y'all are too boring

i wouldn't wanna live without friends and love, i'm cool with being broke
mal's raccoon

boop !
‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ hell yeah !
from the distant
year of

the
are after me !
Apr 1, 2018 3:51 PM

Jun 2017
Love is more important, now this is a question of balance in order to not ending living in the street
Apr 1, 2018 9:39 PM
Jul 2018
What's More Important - Love or a Career?

Both, I guess? Maybe the more of the former than the latter? I honestly don't know. :/
Apr 1, 2018 10:27 PM

Aug 2010
zamandzoe said:
In life, what do you consider more important? Building relationships with friends and eventually finding love? Or building up a career and being well-off?

Obviously I would go with love in this case.

You are talking about career instead of money right? As in, you might already be able to sustain yourself but you risk losing your friends and the potential to love someone to become even richer.

If I'm able to financially sustain myself then i wouldn't mind giving up on becoming rich in order to find that one good girl to settle down with.

If it was love vs money on the other hand, I would obviously pick money. Can't survive if you are broke.
ThRippJckApr 2, 2018 7:17 AM
Apr 1, 2018 10:37 PM

Aug 2016
Love doesn't pay rent. Love doesn't pay taxes. Love also doesn't pay off loans.
Career all the way. According the maslow's hierarchy of needs we prioritize physiological and safety needs over love anyways.

バカ
I'm not smart, I just wear glasses
"Anime is just Japanese Cartoons, Cartoons are just Western Anime"
☁ н є ѕ ι т α т ι σ и ☁
Apr 2, 2018 4:37 AM

Aug 2009
zamandzoe said:

Considering the percentage of divorces I would say that love is only temporary. So I would say that career is more important. Love might be required in a family but it most certainly doesn't support it. A career can set up to be financially secure so that you can find love,and maybe raise a family and not be in the poor house.
Apr 2, 2018 4:44 AM

Sep 2011
Career. Love can come later. I prefer prioritizing something I might/will need in the future such as expensive medications, loans, taxes, etc,

Apr 2, 2018 4:50 AM

Aug 2011
A career, its what I've centered my life around and so far I've no ragrets.

Plus love comes and goes. You never know if the person you love will love you in a year or so. At least with a career comes money which can be used to improve your life.
Apr 2, 2018 4:52 AM

Apr 2018
Umm, not sure ideally both but I guess I'd prioritize my career.
Apr 2, 2018 5:38 AM

Jul 2015
I'd definitely go with my career, noone will live you if you're a poor hobo!
Apr 2, 2018 7:15 AM
Jul 2018

Of given choices I would go with career but honestly the most important things imo are health, stable income (which not equals successful career) and self-actualization (this is where you put your dreams and hobbies). If you have good results with these I would consider you a happy person.

Apr 2, 2018 7:59 AM

Dec 2016
Career, to later be able to pursue love in a stable household.
"Stand up and walk. Keep moving forward. You've got two good legs. So get up and use them. You're strong enough to make your own path."
Apr 2, 2018 8:13 AM

Apr 2015
For me it's my career. There are people way too important on my life that are depending on me and if I want sex I can just buy it with the money that I make out of it.
Apr 2, 2018 9:17 AM
Jul 2018
For me career is more important. One can find love later in their life. Career is difficult to build if you're getting older. But I also think that it is possible to be built them at the same time.
Apr 2, 2018 9:20 AM

Jun 2016
Love/friendship because I'm not a boring conformist salarycuck. I don't care about being poor, I'm used to it at this point and from the perspective of how the poor lived in the past it's actually not that bad, the poor now live better than the rich 200 years ago.
Apr 2, 2018 9:25 AM

Oct 2017
Career is more important. You can live without love but you can't live without money.
Apr 2, 2018 9:34 AM

Jun 2008
At first, when you have to go to Master's/PhD you'd just go to where you're accepted. If you had a relationship you then choose if you want to go long distance or break it up. I don't think it's fair to compromise your future for a relationship that might not work out.

After you have a job by then and you have flexibility on where you wanna go, then relationship takes the mantle. If you don't have flexibility, you can probably find someone in your city. If your city is too small... then you make a decision on what's more important.

Honestly this question depends on what point in your life is at.
Apr 2, 2018 9:43 AM

Jul 2012
We are forever changing it all depends on where you are in life, what you want at that particular time and what you need to do to get there. That also depends on what you mean by love, is this strictly romantic or is this both family and friends. If you throw away your social life and love life for your job you will be alone in the end.
Apr 2, 2018 11:48 AM

Apr 2018
Both are important. But I think career is a little bit much more important than love. Because it's the things that you'll have do in your life for a long period of time. For the record, you can't maintain your love without money. You'll get money by your career. Well, what can I say? That's happened in reality isn't it? Despite of it, love itself should balanced. It hard but at least we try ^^
Apr 2, 2018 1:31 PM

Jan 2018
SlipperySloth said:
Unless I find someone who really feels worth it, I'mma go career. For some reason I have a really hard time connecting with other people on a deeper level than "acquaintance" and as much as I try, sometimes it doesn't feel worth the effort because most other people just suck. I think I can be content alone. But if I miraculously find someone who really feels worth it and like we'll really make each other's lives better by being together, well, I'm not very ambitious anyway, I just wanna be happy, and I will try hard not to let that chance slip by.

My quote, sums up my feelings in thirty words.
Apr 2, 2018 1:40 PM

Aug 2009
Fuck bitches. Get money. Obvious vote goes to job and money.

Apr 2, 2018 1:42 PM

Apr 2017
Hesi said:
Career all the way. According the maslow's hierarchy of needs we prioritize physiological and safety needs over love anyways.

fam why base your life on some cunt named maslow
mal's raccoon

boop !
‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ hell yeah !
from the distant
year of

the
are after me !
Apr 2, 2018 9:17 PM

Aug 2016
sekai- said:
Hesi said:

fam why base your life on some cunt named maslow

Why make the assumption that I base my life around some guy, I'm just stating a theory that revolves around human motivation and is the path that humans usually follow.

バカ
I'm not smart, I just wear glasses
"Anime is just Japanese Cartoons, Cartoons are just Western Anime"
☁ н є ѕ ι т α т ι σ и ☁
Apr 2, 2018 11:27 PM

Apr 2014
Career, hands down. Love is tight I guess but it's kinda whatever for me. Better to build your career, you'll probably find friends along the way as well and then if anime still can't fill the void you can try and find love. (I'm assuming you're talking about romantic love and not platonic)

With most arguments like these I find the 'best' answer to be, a balance of both. It's probably not good to go without any love your entire life and also not good to never have a career.

"Nothing Lasts Forever, Including Parents, Money, Youth, Your Room,
Dress Shirts, Me, You, and the Gintama Anime."
Apr 2, 2018 11:49 PM

Nov 2013
The success in your career can determine the success in your love relationships.
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Apr 3, 2018 1:00 AM

Dec 2014
I'd say career.

Successful career means money, money means women.

Money is everything as long as you don't show your true color during the process.
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Apr 3, 2018 1:01 AM

Jun 2014
I think whichever makes you happier. If career makes you happiest, then that. If love, then that.

Apr 3, 2018 2:59 AM
Jul 2018
Love will always win over any sort of career goal/choice as far as I’m personally concerned

More topics from this board

» Do you enjoy nature?

Kamikaze_404 - Apr 23

24 by -Jahra »»
4 minutes ago

» Is it a good idea to stay relatively anonymous online?

DesuMaiden - Apr 20

28 by vasipi4946 »»
4 minutes ago

» Would you consider becoming a vegatarain, maybe Vegan ? ( 1 2 )

SyrupPastryNice - Apr 10

68 by -Jahra »»
16 minutes ago

» What do you need cash for in your everyday life?

MeanMrMusician - Apr 21

36 by -Jahra »»
29 minutes ago

» The level of NoLifer / NEET / Hiki you are?

IpreferEcchi - Apr 22

22 by elgatosaika »»
34 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.