Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 1, 2018 9:50 AM
Mar 2018
Genre I dislike is horror< (a little bit horror is ok, like in death note x)) and violence, so please tell me which one I should not start to watch.

- Tasogare Otome x Amnesia
- Jigoku Shoujo
- Denpa-teki na Kanojo
- Sankarea

Apr 1, 2018 9:54 AM

Oct 2015
Only Jigoku Shoujo (quite unsettling, though, repetitive), the others aren't scary at all, in fact, the first one, Dusk Maiden is slightly emotional for me, though, slightly unsettling at times, but over all, a show that I would recommend.

Sankarea, I find it similar to Dusk Maiden as well.

Oh, Denpa, I'm not sure, I haven't watched it.

๐”š๐”ž๐”ซ๐”ซ๐”ž ๐”ฑ๐”ฌ๐”ฒ๐” ๐”ฅ ๐”ถ๐”ฌ๐”ฒ,
๐”š๐”ž๐”ซ๐”ฑ๐”ฆ๐”ซ' ๐”ถ๐”ฌ๐”ฒ ๐”ด๐”ฆ๐”ฑ๐”ฅ ๐”ž๐”ฉ๐”ฉ ๐”ช๐”ถ ๐”ช๐”ฆ๐”ค๐”ฅ๐”ฑ

Dec 2015
Denpa-teki na Kanojo is the most horrific ! so don't watch it
Jul 2018
I'm reading Hell Girl and it's not scary at all. If the anime is same you can watch it
Apr 1, 2018 9:56 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
Sankarea and Tasogare aren't even really horror as much as they are just undead chicks that play on scary elements a teensy bit. It's a huge stretch to say they even really try to be "scary," maybe a just a bit on the urban legend style of "creepy" with Tasogare and that's about it, and I don't see how Sankarea could be considered a horror at all once you discount the main chick being a zombie.

I started to watch Jigoku Shoujo at one point but ended up not doing so at that point in time and haven't even heard of Denpa-teki, but it does seem interesting, ngl :P Might need to look into that sometime.

Apr 1, 2018 9:59 AM

Oct 2010
Denpa teki no kanojo is very boring but it's short.
Tasogare otome and sankarea are kinda fanservice (which is good)
Hell girl is repetition the anime.
My opinion is don't start with hell girl.
Apr 1, 2018 10:05 AM

Sep 2014
Tasogare Otome no Amnesia is mystery + romance. There's no real horror at all, MAL and genres is a joke really. The tag is there because the main girl is a ghost, and there are some other mysterious ghost stories in there, but it never really gets actually scary, and there's no violence. I like the show, it's a nice one, and the manga is beautiful.

Sankarea is another romance with a dead girl, but it's a horrible one, I wouldn't recommend. it's just lazy and annoying, personally I was quite hyped to watch it after loving tasogare, but it's no good and characters are completely unlikeable

denpa teki no kanojo could be considered horror, it's pretty violent, and in my opinion quite disgusting. I guess you wouldn't like it, but the show has many fans so who knows. but yeah, there's attacking people with baseball bat or w/e it was, murders, and a creepy stalker girl, I do not recommend it

hell girl I have yet to watch :(
ImaishiApr 1, 2018 10:23 AM
Apr 1, 2018 10:08 AM

Feb 2018
Asking others whether or not you should watch something isn't a very good idea in my opinion just wat h 1-3 episodes and drop the series if you don't like it also Death Note isnt from the Horror Genre
Apr 1, 2018 10:10 AM

Jun 2017
If you don't like "horror" you shouldn't watch Jigoku I guess , don't really know why you're asking this tbh .

Apr 1, 2018 10:11 AM
Mar 2018
@Jare4lopez because they are looking so interesting !?!?!?
Apr 1, 2018 10:16 AM

Jan 2013
Well for me Tasogare Otome x Amnesia was kinda creepy and also violent at times, especially when they were talking how the ghost girl died. But there are no graphic details so I guess it wasn't creepy for some people. Denpa teki na Kanojo is pretty violent and I remember being seriously scared during one or two scenes as I have pretty low tolerance. Jigoku Shoujo wasn't scary, more like mystery drama. But it can get violent at times. Haven't seen Sankarea. Idk to be honest, people have different tolerance so it's hard to tell if you should avoid any of these.
Apr 1, 2018 10:18 AM

Feb 2015
All of them. Start to watch something that you might like instead of asking MALers what they like.
Apr 1, 2018 10:21 AM

Jan 2013
"a little bit horror is ok, like in death note"

wait what?
Apr 1, 2018 10:21 AM

Jun 2017
merueue said:
@Jare4lopez because they are looking so interesting !?!?!?

Yes I definitely didn't know that , thanks for the information.

Apr 1, 2018 10:23 AM
Mar 2018
@fuyuki would you say creepy like shinsekai yori or kizumonogatari? and ty 3:

I will watch Tasogare Otome x Amnesia only x)
Apr 1, 2018 10:24 AM
Mar 2018
@_Ako_ your right, but you know, it does not hurt to ask x)
Apr 1, 2018 10:25 AM

Aug 2017
Imaishi said:
Tasogare Otome no Amnesia is mystery + romance. There's no real horror at all, MAL and genres is a joke really. The tag is there because the main girl is a ghost, and there are some other mysterious ghost stories in there, but it never really gets actually scary, and there's no violence. I like the show, it's a nice one, and the manga is beautiful.

Sankarea is another romance with a dead girl, but it's a horrible one, I wouldn't recommend. it's just lazy and annoying, personally I was quite hyped to watch it after loving tasogare, but it's no good and characters are completely unlikeable

denpa teki no kanojo could be considered horror, it's pretty violent, and in my opinion quite disgusting. I guess you wouldn't like it, but the show has many fans so who knows. but yeah, there's attacking people with baseball bat or w/e it was, murders, and a creepy stalker girl, I do not recommend it

hell girl I have yet to watch :(

That ending of sankarea manga, damn they threw it into garbage considering it was romance
Apr 1, 2018 10:25 AM

Feb 2015
merueue said:
@_Ako_ your right, but you know, it does not hurt to ask x)

Ahh yes, because it also doesn't hurt to rant it on just about, the whole world.
Apr 1, 2018 10:30 AM

Mar 2018
Dunno the other 3 but Jigoku Shoujo is one of my favorites and it's not scary at all. I also dislike horror but I don't even consider Hell Girl as one. Season 2 is pretty good imo so maybe you can watch that one too?

Apr 1, 2018 10:30 AM

Jan 2013
merueue said:
@fuyuki would you say creepy like shinsekai yori or kizumonogatari? and ty 3:

I will watch Tasogare Otome x Amnesia only x)
You're welcome. I haven't seen Kuzumonogatari or Shinsekai yori (yet) so I can't compare them.
Apr 1, 2018 10:59 AM
Jul 2018
Denpa-teki na Kanojo is the only real violent one out of them all.
Apr 1, 2018 11:01 AM

Feb 2017
There all fine to watch i liked them all
ใ‚ขใƒ‹ใƒกใฎๅนผๅฅณใ‚’่ฆ‹ใฆใ‚‹ใฎใŒๆฅฝใ—ใ„ใœ
Apr 1, 2018 11:03 AM

Apr 2016
Denpa-teki is the most interesting out of those. And I have watched it, it's really good. Start with that.
After that watch Jigoku Shoujo.
Apr 1, 2018 11:25 AM
Mar 2018
@fuyuki np, you still helped me a lot ! 3:
Apr 1, 2018 2:54 PM

Jul 2015
the only like real spooky one is Jigoku shoujo, the rest just have horror and/or halloween aesthethic
Denpa teki also features death and some spooks but it's not really scary, it's more like a (rushed) mystery
SUPER CUTIE SUPER STAR
Apr 1, 2018 2:58 PM

Feb 2010
Tasogare Otome x Amnesia is bad.

Jigoku Shoujo is horror.

Denpa-teki na Kanojo is mystery with some horror elements.

Sankarea is something I haven't seen but I think it's more on the lighthearted site.

That's what I think.
I probably regret this post by now.
Apr 1, 2018 2:59 PM

Mar 2014
merueue said:
Genre I dislike is horror< (a little bit horror is ok, like in death note x)) and violence, so please tell me which one I should not start to watch.

- Jigoku Shoujo
- Denpa-teki na Kanojo
- Sankarea

For the love of god, don't watch Tasogare Otome x Amnesia. Not because it's scary, it's just really shit.
Apr 1, 2018 3:03 PM

Oct 2014
Tasogare Otome x Amnesia is a terrible anime. It's this odd mix of horror and ecchi that just doesn't work well. It's also like the worst anime of the "ghost girl" genre, or at least the worst one I've seen.
Apr 1, 2018 3:35 PM

Sep 2014
Shuichi2 said:
merueue said:

- Jigoku Shoujo
- Denpa-teki na Kanojo
- Sankarea

For the love of god, don't watch Tasogare Otome x Amnesia. Not because it's scary, it's just really shit.

It's an adorable show with lovable cast, great music and atmosphere. Of these 4 I believe chances are he's going to like it best, especially with his favourite Bakemonogatari which has enough similarities to it, even if the style is completely different.
Apr 1, 2018 3:48 PM

Mar 2014
Imaishi said:
Shuichi2 said:

It's an adorable show with lovable cast, great music and atmosphere. Of these 4 I believe chances are he's going to like it best, especially with his favourite Bakemonogatari which has enough similarities to it, even if the style is completely different.

I mean, that's your opinion. I love horror. But this was a crappy romance with nothing scary about it and the stupid ending just made it worse.
It might be good for OP but I still wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
Apr 1, 2018 3:50 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
Lots of people shitting on Tasogare, but it's highkey great though :( I'd definitely recommend it to most. Lead female kind of stole the show compared to the rest of the cast imo, but it did have that kind of vibe to it - not really one I'd consider edge of my seat scary, but that kind of more...idk, grim I guess. I really like that sort of stuff mixed with ecchi tho, albeit it'd be a bit of a stretch to say Tasogare is what I'd consider ecchi proper I find it weird that it doesn't have the tag but Sankarea does whenever Sankarea has notably less service throughout the runtime. Still something a lot of people note about it though.

Out of all of them Sankarea is my favorite, though, by far, but it's also my favorite anime so that's not saying much xP Though it definitely doesn't have any horror or really even really many mystery vibes to it aside from the main chick being a zombie. I'd actually describe the vibe it gave off as kind of...idk, it kind of had a weird somberness to it to me, but it wasn't at all overpowering and it was just kind of...idk man. Slow. The whole thing actually moves really slow compared to what I've read of the manga and I actually think it's really great for being so planted and grounded like that. Maybe the best way to put it is that it's a series where I found the OP and the ED both to fit the mood very, very well, or at least how it came off to me. It's a series where I have the limited edition release of the BDs and keep all of the goodies it came with on the shelf above my bed though, so I'm kind of biased xP

Like I said in my earlier post I haven't watched the other two but they both interest me somewhat. I like both Tasogare and Sankarea quite a bit, though, both are top 20 stuff to me, so just being grouped alongside them would be enough to pique my interest xP
ManabanApr 1, 2018 4:00 PM

Apr 1, 2018 3:57 PM

Jan 2018
Watch Tasogare Otome x Amnesia first. Some real good romance if you are into that, and its not really violent and has light horror. But the romance is real good if thats what you are looking for.

S T A T I C

Apr 1, 2018 4:06 PM

Apr 2015
- Jigoku Shoujo
FUCKING.
DON'T

YOU'LL WATCH THE ENTIRE SERIES THINKING THAT IT GETS BETTER AT SOME POINT, THAT THERE IS GOING TO BE SOME VARIETY, THAT THE GOOD REPUTATION OF THE SHOW AMONG RETARDS IS WELL EARNED.

IT DOESN'T.

EVER.
Apr 2, 2018 1:25 PM

Jul 2015
Sankarea isn't really that much of a horror, it's more of a zombie-romantic comedy. I would watch that too. I don't know about the other series. One horror I would avoid is Corpse Party, even though it's not on you thread's list.
Apr 2, 2018 1:38 PM

Jan 2012
@merueue: You should watch all of those. They're all good.
Apr 2, 2018 1:48 PM

Dec 2012
merueue said:

- Jigoku Shoujo
- Denpa-teki na Kanojo
- Sankarea

Dusk Maiden of Amnesia and Denpa Teki na Kanajo should be safe, maybe not Sankaria or Hell Girl though, it depends on tolerance. The only way to find that out is for you to just watch them.
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Apr 2, 2018 1:55 PM

Jul 2015
Sankarea was so horrifying I actually forgot 99% of it for my own sanity. Unlike what the tags suggest, there's no horror or ecchi in that show tho, so you can watch it safely.
Apr 3, 2018 3:52 AM

Mar 2011
Thread has been moved to the correct board
Apr 3, 2018 7:25 AM
Feb 2014
Shuichi2 said:
merueue said:

- Jigoku Shoujo
- Denpa-teki na Kanojo
- Sankarea

zombie_pegasus said:
Tasogare Otome x Amnesia is a terrible anime. It's this odd mix of horror and ecchi that just doesn't work well. It's also like the worst anime of the "ghost girl" genre, or at least the worst one I've seen.

^ This, Tasogare is a terrible anime that is just a ecchi comedy that pretends to be "horror" with annoying and bland characters and a "plot" showed in at the last minute just so they can pretend that there's more to it than the fan service.

Watch Jigoku Shoujo, it's actually good and not graphic, like Death Note, although it does have cruelty towards animals, so if you love animals be aware that some episodes might scar you.
My Shoujo, Josei and Female targeted anime adaptations starting from 2017+ stacks:

Part 1: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9181
Part 2: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9195
Part 3: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9225
Part 4: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9280

More topics from this board

» Anime that have all female guilds/clubs/groups/living places, etc

GakutoDeathGlare - Yesterday

6 by Zarutaku »»
2 hours ago

» Similar animes to Tengoku Daimakyou ( 1 2 )

Salvaged - Apr 21

71 by rikkaheh »»
5 hours ago

» Watched one episode but forgot the name

Snailsoup - 9 hours ago

2 by Snailsoup »»
9 hours ago

» New(ish) Manga Reader in Need of Recommendations!

Wakarimas-en - Apr 23

8 by Wakarimas-en »»
12 hours ago

» Anime recommendations please

MeZaDefined - 12 hours ago

0 by MeZaDefined »»
12 hours ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.