Forum Settings
Forums
#1
Apr 1, 2018 3:19 AM
News Team
Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 26294
The official website for Sword Gai The Animation has announced that the anime will get a sequel. Titled Part II, it will be streamed on Netflix worldwide this summer. Two new characters have also revealed.

Cast
Shin Matoba: Nobunaga Shimazaki (Black Clover)
Himiko: Maaya Uchida (Takunomi.)

Sword Gai The Animation is based on the manga that serialized on Heros magazine between November 2012 and September 2015 for a total of six compiled volumes. Sword Gai Evolve has been serialized since October 2015. Part I of the anime is currently available worldwide on Netflix, and the PV was made available recently.

PV


Source: Comic Natalie

Sword Gai: The Animation Part II on MAL
Modified by Sakana-san, May 4, 2018 12:27 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
 
#2
Apr 1, 2018 3:26 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 5217
I hope it is better than 1st season. This one was the worst out of Netflix "original shows"

B: The Beginning deserve 2nd season more than this show
 
#3
Apr 1, 2018 3:27 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 5474
s1 was low rated enough to avoid this serie

there is better animu who deserve sequel
common nippon
 
#4
Apr 1, 2018 3:28 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 18196
April Fool's joke?
 
#5
Apr 1, 2018 3:31 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 3950
I still haven't gotten around to watching this but it doesn't seem good from what I understand. An unexpected announcement, to say the least.
I'm no special story or anything. I'm just a manga that wants to be read, like you could find anywhere. But, if, for argument's sake, you were to adapt me into an anime series, it would certainly be....a tragedy.

-The Tokyo Ghoul/Tokyo Ghoul:re manga, if they could talk
 
#6
Apr 1, 2018 3:32 AM
News Team
Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 26294
Paulo27 said:
April Fool's joke?
No, it was announced via official site yesterday Japan time. I just saw Comic Natalie posted it a moment ago.
Modified by tsubasalover, Apr 1, 2018 3:44 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
 
#7
Apr 1, 2018 3:43 AM
The Dub Queen

Offline
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 764
Why is this getting a sequel before B: The Beginning?

I'm certain people found it more entertaining than Sword Gai.
 
#8
Apr 1, 2018 3:50 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 13050
Great, now they are getting sequels.
 
#9
Apr 1, 2018 4:01 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 1799
Please stop it Netflix...
 
Apr 1, 2018 4:22 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 538
Oh cool!
I'm not done the show (only on episode 3) but I like it so far, so its good news that it's getting a sequel!
 
Apr 1, 2018 4:31 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 135
The most shitty Netflix anime i've seen so far, it won't become better even with a sequel.
 
Apr 1, 2018 4:43 AM
changelog

Offline
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 2382
I've seriously lost all faith in Netflix anime. After A.O.C.I Incarnation's failure to properly portray anime tropes, I decided not to watch Netflix anime. They're trying to Westernize anime and it's failing miserably. I mean, look at this—typical overpowered main-character-kun, over-enthusiastic high school girl/childhood friend-chan being useless at the side and at least two other edgelords fighting the main character.
 
Apr 1, 2018 5:25 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 30952
my bet is this is less netflix funded a 2nd season, and more a split cour kind of deal, this was probably going to get a full adaptation from the get go, its just too fast an announcement after it aired to actually be anything not planned from the get go especially if its already got voice actors and everything

changelog_ said:
I've seriously lost all faith in Netflix anime. After A.O.C.I Incarnation's failure to properly portray anime tropes, I decided not to watch Netflix anime. They're trying to Westernize anime and it's failing miserably. I mean, look at this—typical overpowered main-character-kun, over-enthusiastic high school girl/childhood friend-chan being useless at the side and at least two other edgelords fighting the main character.
sword gai aico and devlman couldnt be less japanese, B was the only one that felt particularly westernized
Modified by JizzyHitler, Apr 1, 2018 5:30 AM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

 
Apr 1, 2018 6:09 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 371
absolutely ridiculous
 
Apr 1, 2018 8:23 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 13
sequel does not sound that bud provided they make it better than season 1. although i would like B the beginning to get a sequel too.
 
Apr 1, 2018 8:30 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 6604
I guess that's expected considering how the first season ended. But I'm not remotely excited for this at all.
 
Apr 1, 2018 9:10 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 126
best aprils fools joke i've seen
⦓ henry ヘンリー ⦔
 
Apr 1, 2018 10:13 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 287
It will be just as bad as the first season. My guess is both seasons were being worked on but they split them up (giving us a non-ending for season 1) so this new one will have all of the same problems. If they're not bothering to wait and see how it does or take criticism, then it will just be more of the same.
 
Apr 1, 2018 10:49 AM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 471
Netflix is a game changer for anime

but for the worst.
 
Apr 1, 2018 12:06 PM
</overrated>

Offline
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 4478
Did anyone really want this at all?
 
Apr 1, 2018 12:12 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 1185
Does anyone think that maybe netflix checks mal scores? well its obvious they dont, based on the news, but perhaps they made plan for sequel even before s1 aired few weeks ago
 
Apr 1, 2018 12:14 PM
~ PR Cheerio ~

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 6538
I dropped this after 3 episodes but that's because I just found it as eh, mediocre to say the very least.

From my understanding, the finale left open space for a sequel so it makes sense tho.
 
Apr 1, 2018 12:17 PM
2dboi

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 52
at least there is more to this

and i am up for it

still better than half the anime that airs seasonally
 
Apr 1, 2018 12:30 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 1921
I have this series on my PTW but I am not to sure if its a yaoi or boys love? or is it even like its targeted for female audience?

Can someone able to answer my question please?
2D>3D enough said. ^_^



 
Apr 1, 2018 12:49 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 59
Why this?
I hope we're getting a B: The Beginning sequel or an Ajin 3rd season.
 
Apr 1, 2018 1:37 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 628
Renaultclio101 said:
I have this series on my PTW but I am not to sure if its a yaoi or boys love? or is it even like its targeted for female audience?

Can someone able to answer my question please?

It doesn't know what it wants to be. It has the character designs of fujoshit, and the edgy hyperviolence of dadime.

It's just really bad all around and not worth watching.
 
Apr 1, 2018 10:44 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 488
Hirugiku said:
Does anyone think that maybe netflix checks mal scores? well its obvious they dont, based on the news, but perhaps they made plan for sequel even before s1 aired few weeks ago

I assure you the Netflix does not care (at all) of what is going on this site, that includes scores, ratings, popularity, and reviews. Why would they? This site is just irrelevant to them. For matter fact, no one in the anime industry will ever based their decisions on the scores and reviews this site gives to their series. Thinking otherwise, it is just moronic.

And yes, I'm sure this was already planned from the very beginning. This wasn’t randomly picked to have a second season now for the heck of it.

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
 
Apr 1, 2018 10:47 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 1185
zero-r said:
Hirugiku said:
Does anyone think that maybe netflix checks mal scores? well its obvious they dont, based on the news, but perhaps they made plan for sequel even before s1 aired few weeks ago

I assure you the Netflix does not care (at all) of what is going on this site, that includes scores, ratings, popularity, and reviews. Why would they? This site is just irrelevant to them. For matter fact, no one in the anime industry will ever based their decisions on the scores and reviews this site gives to their series. Thinking otherwise, it is just moronic.

And yes, I'm sure this was already planned from the very beginning. This wasn’t randomly picked to have a second season now for the heck of it.

Thats too unfortunate then, i feel its always a good idea to check criticism or what public thinks to improve your product no matter what you do.
Makes sense about them planning season 2 from the start tho
 
Apr 1, 2018 10:59 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 869
I'm not going to watch it, but I will rate it. As low as I can.
 
Apr 2, 2018 9:44 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 333
Kenny_Stryker said:
Why is this getting a sequel before B: The Beginning?

I'm certain people found it more entertaining than Sword Gai.

B the beggining is Original while this one has a manga they can adapt.
 
Apr 2, 2018 6:27 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 94
my boy said this shit was straight BOOTY. A shame they are apparently wasting money
 
Apr 2, 2018 6:38 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 9643
It's always the worst ones that get sequels.
 
Top