Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Apr 1, 2018 2:46 AM
Now at episode 5, and I wanna know: What exactly is so nice about NHK ni Youkoso?

Apr 1, 2018 3:02 AM
Deep Breathely

Instead of asking 'what's nice about a series' I think it's more important to reflect on your own impressions.
How do you feel about the series? Why are certain aspects more appealing to you than others?
Any one work isn't definitely going to please you, it's not about that. Being able recognize your own feelings, and how you respond to actions will ultimately take you much further, for entertainment or otherwise. Just my two cents if you are having trouble understanding things.

Apr 1, 2018 3:06 AM
@Chandela sorry but I did not ask for a psychologist, just want to know what others see in NHK. Just wondering

Apr 1, 2018 3:07 AM

Nothing, drop the anime and read the book.

Apr 1, 2018 3:08 AM
Deep Breathely

merueue said:
@Chandela sorry but I did not ask for a psychologist, just want to know what others see in NHK. Just wondering
Heh, perhaps it's unpleasant themes. That's what I see more than typically expressed. Myself included.

Apr 1, 2018 3:15 AM

Welp, maybe because it's a quite nicely put social commentary? Maybe because it has relatable themes? If you don't like it, just drop it, instead of asking such questions.

Apr 1, 2018 3:24 AM
@Aslt my I do not want to drop it. thats why I ask

Apr 1, 2018 4:23 AM

i liked the story of all the characters
realistic (ish) portrayal neet protag, and the relationship between him and misaki which is unique among anime
plus the guy who wanted to make a visual novel.. especially since at the time i watched nhk i was also thinking with some friends of making one
and from the side characters in particular, mc's senpai; by ep 5 you didn't reach the most interesting part of her arc yet, but it was the best part of the series imo.. i wont spoil anything other than that :^)
Modified by romagia, Apr 1, 2018 4:26 AM

Apr 1, 2018 4:28 AM

I dont get how you can't understand it. Struggles of a NEET, not being able to find a way out of that situation. Realizing that no one is gonna help you out of it either. It can be relatable to a lot of people, maybe not 100% as the main character, but certain aspects.

Why not just read a review ?

Why we love Tomoko Kuroki
Card Collection
Set made by
Hossi no!
¸¸.•*¨*•♫

Apr 1, 2018 4:52 PM

the anime came out more than 10 years ago and still continues to be relevant. it's a show about human relationships and loneliness and so much more.

plus it's hilarious, sad, twisted and has tons of iconic scenes.

Nov 8, 11:33 PM
elomere8 said:
Now at episode 5, and I wanna know: What exactly is so nice about NHK ni Youkoso?

Exactly my thoughts.
But after 24 episodes i know that I'm glad that i watched it.
The actions of almost every character in the series were lame and unappealing yet that's what makes the series so unique and likeable in a different way. The series portrays the useless side of all human beings and how we always need someone to blame if anything bad happens to us. It's the story of a bunch of good for nothings whom you become very attached to towards the end of the series.
The main characters dont have any special qualities yet you come to like them cause theyre not perfect just like us.
Another aspect which you can come to like (maybe) is the psychological one .
What hardships do to a person and the level they force them to stoop down to is something that the anime perfectly elaborates. But even after all of this intolerable absurdness of the characters there are surprisingly beautiful aspects to the characters and their interrelationships.

Hope you don't drop it