Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 31, 2018 7:32 PM

Apr 2016
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
yes!! the man Katakuri's official introduction!! it was just as great as I imagined animated!
we even got to hear the original Joseph Joestar VA say "you next line is..."
we can now say that One Piece has a motherf*cking JoJo reference in it
so many character introductions! my personal favorites being Big News Morgans and Stussy! there is so much to look forward to at the Bloody Tea Party! I'm so hyped!
Mar 31, 2018 7:35 PM

Apr 2014
Man this episode was pretty crazy.
Mar 31, 2018 7:39 PM

Mar 2016
Tomokazu Sugita is at the party, yeah!
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Mar 31, 2018 8:02 PM

May 2015
Katakuriiiiii

Decent episode. In-canon filler was a bit eh but I don't mind if it includes the Jellybean Boi. Like how they change his eye-colour when he uses haki too. Only problem I had was that he spoke a tad slow during his intro speech. He ain't Kizaru.
Mar 31, 2018 9:26 PM
EDM ❤

May 2012
I swear One Piece works in real time, a lot happen but not much develops imo.
Really liked to see those 3 new characters!
Mar 31, 2018 9:37 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
I like the intros for the new characters in this episode. Never imagined that the introduction for the Underworld guests would turn into a musical. Stussy is gorgeous. <3 At one point, the music during the musical sounded so Disney-like. :'D And that's a fascinating candy escalator by Perospero. :o

My man Katakuri is a badass! But he speaks so slowly.. Cool little filler with those non-canon freaks and the 3rd & 4th sons of the Charlotte Family show off their skills too. Really awesome! I had goosebumps just from watching Katakuri and his 2 bros. xD
Mar 31, 2018 9:45 PM

Mar 2016
Holy shit. This week's OP episode was amazing. Absolutely loved the whole musical theme going on with the underworld brokers. Not how I pictured it to go but I really loved it. One of the best in WCI despite a lot of it being filler haha. Katakuri's intro was great. Really was amazing.

Also, Stussy is bae <3

Mar 31, 2018 9:57 PM

Jul 2016
And the badass villians start to appear.

IMagine if Cracker was there as well. Holy shit.
Mar 31, 2018 10:05 PM

Jun 2016
"He trained his observation Haki and dude can see a bit in the future"

fuck!
Mar 31, 2018 11:36 PM

Apr 2017
That dude got beaned by Katakuri.

Tomokazu Sugita is such a perfect VA choice for Katakuri.
cunnysseur
Apr 1, 2018 1:01 AM

Sep 2014
The filler parts weren't bad at all. Katakuri is much more menacing with Sugita's voice. Also, glad to see Over and Daifuku there as well. The main event begins next week but I really hated the nosebleed Sanji missile filler part in the preview. I hope it won't last long.
Apr 1, 2018 1:49 AM

Jun 2015
Dayum katakuri is so op.
Apr 1, 2018 2:31 AM

Nov 2015
WHAT AN AWESOME EPISODE

Love the introduction of all those new characters!

Finally the intro of Katakuri, people were constantly talking about him and I had no clue who he was but reading the comments in previous forum posts he is very hyped and probably a badass antagonist.

Katakuri > Doflamingo? We'll see!
Apr 1, 2018 2:55 AM

Feb 2013
Wtf, I'm starting to think Doflamingo was a little baby compared to Katakuri.
Apr 1, 2018 2:58 AM

Oct 2017
We don´t need to freak out over Katakuri´s observation haki. This is not the first time Luffy fights against a beast like that. Remember when he fought against Enel, it´s the exact same situation so cool down.
Apr 1, 2018 3:15 AM

Nov 2016
Pretty hype episode again, loved the introduction of the guests and Katakuris official one.

The filler weren't too bad either,especially the three sons showing some of their power.

Can't wait for Sanjis and Puddigs entrance.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 1, 2018 3:51 AM

Dec 2014
ok nice introduction of the generals... this is getting good
Apr 1, 2018 5:57 AM

Oct 2015
I don't know if it's new, but the opening animation changed to Luffy vs Katakuri. I usually skip it. It was worth taking a look at it this time.

This episode was better slightly better than usual, Because of Katakuri, duh.

The fillers were okay, though they seemed a bit random.

I mean, seriously, who the hell would attack Big Mom's tea party, or even her best guards, just to steal organs? Seems a bit weird, but okay.
Apr 1, 2018 6:11 AM

Nov 2009
Nice introduction to Katakuri. Can't wait for
'America is a stolen country'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SM8WZ0ztMuc

Zapredon said:
It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.

Totally agree!

Apr 1, 2018 6:21 AM

Jul 2008
Katakuri.....holy crap.
Apr 1, 2018 7:30 AM

Dec 2014
One Piece musicals ftw.
Didn't expect the guests would be introduced with it though
Stussy is really pretty.

Katakuri!!! I love how they make his eyes glow red when he's using his Haki. Also Sugita!!!!
The filler bits were okay but I'd have preferred if it wasn't there.
Apr 1, 2018 11:10 AM

Sep 2013
That singing introduction was unnecessary but it was alright.
The organ dealer raid was decent too, tea party now starts.
Apr 1, 2018 11:19 AM

May 2015
Smoothie ability is cringy AF. I wonder who in their right mind would want a smoothie of a human being or a giraffe?
Apr 1, 2018 11:28 AM

Jan 2010
I laughed so hard with all the bizarre characters coming in! And the creepy singing again, I love it.
(|__/) Never give up, aim for the top!
(='.'=) Top wo nerae!
o(")(") Anime music: http://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=777199
Apr 1, 2018 12:03 PM

May 2016
K-kore wa BIGU NEWS!!!!! This was a fantastic episode.
HyperLApr 1, 2018 1:03 PM
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Apr 1, 2018 2:31 PM

Dec 2012
hiddentechnique said:
We don´t need to freak out over Katakuri´s observation haki. This is not the first time Luffy fights against a beast like that. Remember when he fought against Enel, it´s the exact same situation so cool down.

It's not the "exact same"
Apr 1, 2018 3:10 PM

Sep 2017
The whole episode was basically just an introduction to new characters... But I loved it!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 1, 2018 3:56 PM

May 2013
Katakuri's voice is pretty appropriate, same voice actor as Gintoki Gintama.

Apr 1, 2018 5:16 PM

Sep 2015
I-i-i-IS THAT A JOJO'S REFERENCE!??!?!?!?!
Apr 1, 2018 5:46 PM

Jul 2013
Damn after this episode I'm even more hyped as I was before. Katakuris bounty is crazy + he can see a little bit in the future with his Kenbunshoku Haki? I didn't knew that this is even possible :o
And what in the world, did he really killed that guy by snaping a jelly bean? omg.....

Like Bege said Katakuri is definitely a monster. Tomokazu Sugita voice is so perfect for him I absolutely love it and can't wait to hear more.

Tbh Daifuku and Oven are also super strong. The fight against these organ dealers didn't even last longer than a few seconds. After seeing that it won't be easy for Luffy and the others.

Next week the tea party finally starts. HYPE! :D

Apr 1, 2018 6:41 PM

May 2017
Now that was an amazing episode with many new funny and bizarre characters!

So, the rulers of the underworld, huh? Stussy is so smoking-hot. Queen of the Red Light District. And "Big News" Morgans? A giant bird dude being boss of the economic newspaper is brilliant! :D
I wonder how evil they are. The rulers of the underworld have to be some serious demented psychos. I feel like someone is planing something. Maybe one of them works for someone specific like the marine?

And i would choose to drink a smoothie from that woman only to see that wringing scene once again. ;)

Leo_SApr 23, 2018 5:45 AM
Apr 2, 2018 8:46 AM

Oct 2009
Sugita is basically voicing Joseph again :')
Apr 2, 2018 8:39 PM

Feb 2017
why yall so excited about katakuri.
i didnt read the manga uhhhh.
Apr 3, 2018 1:27 PM

Mar 2016
The introduction of the underground emperors is amazing! And we're shown some of the powers from Katakuri, oven, and Daifuku and damn it's epic!

This episode is darker than usual because of all the underground business and how serious the Charlotte brothers are. This is how the whole arc should be from now on! The Strawhats and Bege's crew is trying to assassinate Big Mom after all...

Katakuri is being voiced by the same VA as Gintoki? Sounds great to me.
Apr 3, 2018 10:45 PM

Jul 2013
They showcased Big Mom's son's powers. Looks like they're gonna be trouble especially the jelly bean guy.
Apr 4, 2018 3:52 PM
Mar 2015
Man, when I heard the voice of Katakuri I laughed so hard! 😂
I just can't imagine Tomokazu Sugita do other characters.. other than Gintoki.
xShuOumaApr 24, 2018 6:31 PM
Apr 4, 2018 9:48 PM

Mar 2015
Oh boy Katakuri's gonna be one hell of an adversary!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Apr 5, 2018 1:39 PM

Apr 2013
Good episode, Katakuri is a monster indeed. Can't imagine their plan succeeding with someone like him around who can actually look a few seconds into the future... given that they only have a few seconds to shoot Big Mom!
Apr 7, 2018 3:16 AM

Dec 2013
The three sons intro was hype. Especially Katakuri.

I wasn’t expecting a song in this episode but I still really liked it.
Apr 13, 2018 10:42 PM
Jun 2015
That cup of giraffe though....
Apr 17, 2018 10:55 AM

May 2010
Didn't expect so many musical numbers in this arc, and this one felt almost like something from Disney, lol.

Sugita's character is so intimidating, and isn't his bounty the biggest revealed one yet in the series? WHOA.
Aug 8, 2018 12:55 PM

Dec 2016
I fucking love the big music scenes that were introduced into the arc. They do a great job of making the wedding/tea party/ big mom seem very glamorous and just very over the top lol. Also the true introduction of Katakuri was badass
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Aug 9, 2018 1:16 PM

Sep 2016
It adds a lot of uneeded filler, but the Katakuri's introduction is as cool as the manga one.

3/5 just for how they introduce on of the best villains in the New World
Jan 11, 2020 4:31 PM
Jul 2018
Able to see the future? Nani? A One billion bounty? Nani? Yep he is the strongest fighter behind Big Mom if I had to gues. And Luffy has to fight this badass monster? The new version of the opening pretty much teased it. Not to mention how hyped people seem to get whenever Katakuri comes into mention.
Jul 17, 2020 11:12 AM

Jun 2016
After talking about how much I love the parties of the Fire Tank Pirates and Germa 66 last post, it is only fitting that there is a direct confrontation between them. As much as it went as expected, fighting against Bege’s orders until Judge finally steps in because he's in it for the long game, it was charming to see. Mom is making sure the Germa gang is defenseless for what is about to go down. This scene also sets up the Katakuri meeting excellently, to see Bege stand fearlessly as Niji punches at his head, only to appear nervous as Katakuri intimidates him and, what appears to me as, talks down to him and gives an air of familiarity by calling him Luke Bege. There should be a world of difference between Katakuri and Germa 66 if we take Bege’s responses, but I think we already knew that.

Speaking of Katakuri, like Corazon, he is a character that I have practically known about ever since I began One Piece. Sadly I know a spoiler about him due to seeing his character design, but it is purely aesthetic spoilers, nothing narratively about him. That said I can draw some serious conclusions from said design. And what an introduction, to show him murdering a mourning, angry and wronged man in cold blood was dark. Seriously dark. That guy missed a tea party due to his mom's funeral and Big Mom decapitated his hospitalized dad for that, and Katakuri just straight up iced him! Further, not only do we see that he is serious, cruel, and decisive, we also saw that he can see into the future in a way I think is more powerful than anything we’ve seen before. At first I assumed it was a devil fruit power, in my eyes observational haki could sense intent, something like the ‘YES YES YES’ stand from Jojo part 3. However I assumed that was all, like Luffy seeing his arms get cut off and choosing not to shoot at Mihawk. Now we see that it can be so perfected that one can control it to the degree of hearing conversations before they happen. This would be a death sentence for our gang, but Bege knew about this meaning I think he took it into account. It is also worth noting that we don't really understand anything about Katakuri outside of his abilities and demeanour. Further, I have an itching feeling that Oven and Daifuku will be nothing more than muscle, lacking in character, but I would like to be surprised.

Outside of that stuff, we saw that the Straw Hat gang is hiding within Bege’s body, a reminder that he has like my favourite power in the series. Although that may be an overstatement, stuff like his power or Blueno’s door-door fruit are ones that I adore due to their awkwardness and their fascinating utility. Luffy took a trip back to the Seducing Woods to get the materials he needs for his plan, whatever in Kami’s name that may be, and we also saw the important guests arrive. A part of me expected Absalom because I recall seeing him watching the broadcast of Caesar’s with Tamago in Punk Hazard. When thinking this, I had thought maybe even Moria would make another appearance, that bird guy has a lower body just like him and when it was first teased I started to really believe it. Now I wonder if the undertaker was the guy I saw with Mom’s collectors and not Absalom after all.
Sep 15, 2020 11:00 AM

Mar 2020
Is Katarkuri's VA the same as the narrator of One Piece? It feels like I've heard his voice a million times before.
Aug 9, 2021 4:13 PM

Sep 2015
Katakuri the man that I wanted to see, holy cow the design of him as a villian in my opinion is the best one out of any villians in my opinion. Hes very intimidating looking,his presence alone makes me feel the gravity. Ahhhhh I am so excited to see him in action.

Ahh and Sanji as always easily gets his guard down from Pudding's looks.
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Aug 22, 2021 10:20 AM

Jun 2019
Damn... Katakuri looks so badass. Can't wait to see him in action.

And... now I'm hundred percent sure that Luffy's gonna fuck this plan up. LMAO
Sep 5, 2021 3:46 AM

Aug 2021
The ost this ep was way too better than last few eps

Katakuri's Voice finally...!!
Nov 1, 2021 9:25 AM

May 2016
I can't blame Sanji for feeling conflicted about Pudding. She may be a total bitch but she's still cute as hell! I suppose that it's also kind of a good thing since it'll make it easier to hide the fact that he knows about her true nature.

It's pretty cool that Oda further expanded the One Piece world by introducing the heads of the criminal underworld. On other news, Katakuri's an absolute badass and I'm starting to get really worried about how it's very much possible that he'll end up being unbeatable thanks to his Future Sight.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» One Piece should be a bi-weekly release

Zeverinsen - Aug 8, 2019

2 by cerise_serris »»
16 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Alicia3000 - Oct 8, 2009

51 by Avsar_Gazozu »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1101 Discussion

phantom346 - Apr 14

10 by HilariousPerson »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 151 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Veethorn - Oct 11, 2009

94 by kejora »»
6 hours ago

» One Piece Hindi Dubbed starting May 5th for Indian Audiences

PirateHasan - 6 hours ago

0 by PirateHasan »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.