Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 31, 2018 2:26 PM

May 2013
Is there any romance involved?
or just a guy and two girls talking about sweets all the time.
Mar 31, 2018 2:39 PM

Sep 2016
Neither.

No romance, but no sweets jargon either. Watch to find out more. I can't spoil it all you know ;)
Apr 1, 2018 12:00 AM

May 2009
Read the manga for little more romance.
Apr 1, 2018 8:00 AM

May 2013
i tried the first 4 episodes in season 1, looks like a solid SoL with sweets talks.

But the tiny tsundere girl looks like has feelings for the guy so....
I'll give it a chance.
But i'll be sad if there is no romance :(
Manga is way ahead of this 2season?
Apr 3, 2018 5:29 PM
Jan 2018
If your enjoyed the first season you wont enjoy this one. Its basically a different anime.
Apr 4, 2018 3:11 PM

Jan 2014
Anerinus said:
If your enjoyed the first season you wont enjoy this one. Its basically a different anime.

2nd season definitely has romance though, but it's the subtle type.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Apr 4, 2018 5:35 PM
Jan 2018
Laionidas said:
Anerinus said:

So subtle that the mini mart owner has more romance with the MC then the two love interests of season 1......
Apr 4, 2018 11:11 PM

Mar 2009
There is romance between the characters and candy.
Apr 5, 2018 12:07 AM

Jan 2014
Anerinus said:
Laionidas said:

So subtle that the mini mart owner has more romance with the MC then the two love interests of season 1......

Well, all things considered, we could call that romance by proxy ;)
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Apr 5, 2018 12:14 AM

Jan 2017
samsann said:
i tried the first 4 episodes in season 1, looks like a solid SoL with sweets talks.

But the tiny tsundere girl looks like has feelings for the guy so....
I'll give it a chance.
But i'll be sad if there is no romance :(
Manga is way ahead of this 2season?

Season 1 is significantly more dagashi-centric than Season 2. There's not really romance, but if you were getting tired of the focus on sweets then you'll like Season 2 better than Season 1. The dagashi focus is/was paying homage to old traditions.

Apr 5, 2018 12:21 AM
Jan 2018
Loreal said:
Laionidas said:

Laionidas is right, the story seems to be evolving more than just about candy.

THE ENTIRE ANIME IS SUPPOSED TO BE ABOUT CANDY!! You know what you signed on for when you read the title. It's not called Poster Girl Disappears For No Reason Except To Create BS Drama, it is in fact called Dagashi Kashi. You don't go to full metal alchemist and half was through remove alchemy! I am guessing my complaints are all because of the source material, but man this was just an entirely different anime.
Apr 5, 2018 2:21 PM
Jan 2018
Loreal said:
Anerinus said:

THE ENTIRE ANIME IS SUPPOSED TO BE ABOUT CANDY!! You know what you signed on for when you read the title. It's not called Poster Girl Disappears For No Reason Except To Create BS Drama, it is in fact called Dagashi Kashi. You don't go to full metal alchemist and half was through remove alchemy! I am guessing my complaints are all because of the source material, but man this was just an entirely different anime.
Who wants to keep watching a grind about confectionary anyways, the character was set in the first season, I don't think too many people expected the show to continue exactly as it was. They were probably brought in by the unique characters and probably wanted to see them developed more, that's just what I think, I'll have to keep an eye on that rating average though.

If people don't want to watch a show about the characters dagashi adventures then they should go watch other animes. I'm sorry but it's a show about dagashi, end of story so if you want the show to change then you are just watching the wrong anime. Did it change? Yes, sadly which makes it a dumpster fire. Would it be cool to see the characters developed more while sticking to the same dagashi adventures? Yes, obviously I would love to see that. Heck, I could live with them moving away from the dagashi adventures if they did character development for the characters that we cared about. There is a problem when you throw the entire shows premise out the window and then don't develop the characters. They literally had two characters disappear for the entire season then threw in two more to fill their place. Just the MC got a little development and that's about it. Mini mart owner and part timer got more screen time than any of the other characters.
Apr 5, 2018 6:14 PM

May 2013
Shokugeki no Dagashi xD

Sorry i couldn't resist, i made to episode 6 and i kinda like the characters, but i don't like diabetes and the thick girl probably has because she keep eating everysingle sweet she see.
Just kidding!

I'll skip the japan sweets encyclopedia an go straight for season 2 instead.
Looking for some character development.
Apr 6, 2018 11:20 AM
Jan 2018
Loreal said:
Anerinus said:

If people don't want to watch a show about the characters dagashi adventures then they should go watch other animes. I'm sorry but it's a show about dagashi, end of story so if you want the show to change then you are just watching the wrong anime. Did it change? Yes, sadly which makes it a dumpster fire. Would it be cool to see the characters developed more while sticking to the same dagashi adventures? Yes, obviously I would love to see that. Heck, I could live with them moving away from the dagashi adventures if they did character development for the characters that we cared about. There is a problem when you throw the entire shows premise out the window and then don't develop the characters. They literally had two characters disappear for the entire season then threw in two more to fill their place. Just the MC got a little development and that's about it. Mini mart owner and part timer got more screen time than any of the other characters.
Hey, I think you forgot that the premise this anime was established in the first few episodes of the first season. After that, virtually nothing really happened, and this season continues were the first episode left. That's all you really need to know about it, the first season was a tease, this is given people what they want, an actual anime. NOT A FORMULAIC ADVERTISEMENT SERIES

I mean you are more than free to believe whatever your heart desires, but if we go around believing animes are whichever part we decide they are then why watch them in the first place? Watch the first episode and make the rest up on your own. Fanfiction mind set if I ever saw one. An anime is every episode, including everything you like and dislike about it. "I think you forgot that the premise [of] this anime" is a girl convincing a boy of his love from dagashi. This girl did it by using FORMULAIC ADVERTISMENT to show the boy the he loves dagashi. These FORMULAIC ADVERTISEMENTs teach the other characters and the viewers about dagashi while showing us their fun little adventures. An "actual anime" can be many things, not just the stories YOU enjoy. I'm sorry if season 1 didn't give YOU what YOU wanted, but season 1 still gave people what they wanted just like how season 2 gave others what they wanted. In the end i'm sure your fine with season 2 because in your mind the season is just the few episodes where "character development" happened.
Apr 21, 2018 11:52 PM
Oct 2015
I haven't read the manga yet but still there's little romance here in my opinion but I wouldn't mind Coconuts x Saya to happen

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dagashi Kashi 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2018

111 by bluntaba_sakura »»
Mar 23, 8:13 PM

Poll: » Dagashi Kashi 2 Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2018

43 by Meritas »»
Feb 4, 3:32 AM

Poll: » Dagashi Kashi 2 Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2018

40 by Meritas »»
Feb 4, 2:52 AM

» after the anime

Kutana_0P - Apr 1, 2023

7 by KitsuFrost »»
Jan 20, 12:25 PM

Poll: » Dagashi Kashi 2 Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2018

49 by Meritas »»
Jan 10, 1:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.