Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 31, 2018 10:34 AM

Aug 2008
I think I'm done with this series. It has become really tedious to watch. Characters and writing are bland to the point of somehow being annoying. You just want them to get to the fucking point but instead they ramble on to no end. Maybe it was 02 being one trick cunt that broke the camel's back. Or MC being his jarring self. Or every other character having no personality outside of what is defined by their design.

Can't we get a decent mecha series once in a while? Is it so much to ask?
Ii tenki desu ne...
Mar 31, 2018 10:36 AM

Nov 2012
Futoshi's character continues to make me sick with how pathetic he is, I hope he develops or dies. I hate spineless people like that.

I wonder why 02 is considered the one that can save the world, but is only 02. What's up with 01?
Jaywalker.
Mar 31, 2018 10:37 AM

Dec 2017
Antanaru said:
I think I'm done with this series. It has become really tedious to watch. Characters and writing are bland to the point of somehow being annoying. You just want them to get to the fucking point but instead they ramble on to no end. Maybe it was 02 being one trick cunt that broke the camel's back. Or MC being his jarring self. Or every other character having no personality outside of what is defined by their design.

Can't we get a decent mecha series once in a while? Is it so much to ask?

i'd suggest you just put it on hold for now, i think it's changing for better bit by bit. but it's indeed kind of frustrating
Mar 31, 2018 10:38 AM

Aug 2014
Horrible episode, bunch of nonsense ... Monster? Curse? Didnt they already speak about it in the first episodes? Isnt it the time to reveal what is that thing which makes her a Monster? Why does she look different from other human beings? Still not very impressed with the episode. At some point it just felt like they are trying to enforce some stupid drama that nobody cares about, holy s*it zero two's behaviour even started to annoy me.

P.S I noticed them saying that the Klaxosaurs have never been spotted in the area where they are growing those children, yet in the first episode we see the same scenary with Zero 2 and Klaxosaurs around her ... Ummm wat?
NamelessWaltzMar 31, 2018 10:42 AM
Mar 31, 2018 10:40 AM
Mar 2016
So they wiped Hiro’s memory that’s why he can’t remember anything from his past.
Zero Two is trying to become human and reunite with her darling which is actually Hiro..... but they don’t recognize each other.
I swear to god when they finally realize that they met in the past it’ll be too late.
Mar 31, 2018 10:43 AM

Feb 2016
Beautiful episode, awesome episode. I don't know why, but I have sympathy for those Nines; that blonde kid wasn't try to agitate our characters, but being fond of.

Finally, Hiro said his love.

Zero Two has devoured more than one hundred stamens; go go my girl, ;P

I hope, Squad 13 finds the truth about Naomi.

As a side note; Ichigo's eyes are beautiful at this episode; makes her more cute.

Fnights said:
The best episode so far, i want to know more about the Zero Two, she seems a oni from Hiro memories but also the mother where everything began. Also i suspect these blue monsters were in reality real humans turned into monster thanks to these experiments, expecially the ones who aren't compatible.

They try to create super humans like in EvE from Zero Two genes? They do not show what kind of maintenance she get so i can speculate.

5/5, amazing plot advancement.

In this case, what is the meaning of that core inside klaxosaurs?
AeonessMar 31, 2018 10:56 AM
Mar 31, 2018 10:43 AM

Nov 2016
This Episode GHrabbed the Hyope meter and Put it into Overdrive. We now realize that Klaxoaids really exist and that Zero Two Can Switch between Mostly Klaxosaur and Mostly Human Maybe even against her will.

NEXT WEEK'S EP WILL BE LIT FAM :OK_HAND:
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 31, 2018 10:44 AM

Jul 2015
>You are just fodder
owch
SUPER CUTIE SUPER STAR
Mar 31, 2018 10:44 AM

Jan 2009
Darling in the FranXX - literally her Darling is in the FranXX all along
Mar 31, 2018 10:49 AM

Jun 2014
Well I suppose now is the appropriate time to use the legendary phrase: "Bitches be crazy." Like damn, Zero Two is spiraling out of control.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 31, 2018 10:51 AM

Feb 2016
Epicenter said:
Futoshi's character continues to make me sick with how pathetic he is, I hope he develops or dies. I hate spineless people like that.

I wonder why 02 is considered the one that can save the world, but is only 02. What's up with 01?

Give some time for Futoshi, he will be a good guy. ;)

Zero 01 is Lelouch, remember? Joke aside, 01 could be first kind of Zero Two, failed sure, he or she have run away and who knows the source of klaxosaurs attacks came from him or her.

Mar 31, 2018 11:00 AM
Jan 2018
Question: Will there be a new episode next week as it is a 24 episode season, or is there going to be a break for now?
Mar 31, 2018 11:04 AM

Mar 2014
There's definitely memory loss at play here, Zero Two and Hiro remember different things. Zero Two wants to be human and meet her darling... she doesn't know Hiro is her darling atm huh. This episode was very well-written and raised many important questions which I hope will be explored and resolved in the next episode.
Next week's episode can't come soon enough :o
Mar 31, 2018 11:06 AM

Sep 2013
Felt way too forced and dramatic.
Mar 31, 2018 11:06 AM

Jun 2017
isekai said:
Darling in the FranXX - literally her Darling is in the FranXX all along

Gotta admit that was a clever twist... Although it was being hinted by the opening somewhat with the hand holding.

Looks like it's confirmed for good now that pistils can force Stampede Mode even when the stamen is piloting with them.

I wonder how Hiro will get out of this lol. He either turns Zero Two into a real human (which is unlikely) or he will become a "monster" too and run away together or something.
Mar 31, 2018 11:13 AM
Jan 2018
We miss happy zero two, bring back im having re zero flashbacks
Mar 31, 2018 11:15 AM

Apr 2014
I think that's it for me man.

This episode had the least amount of bullcrap in it since ep.5 and I like it for that but personally, at this point, I'm more or less saying "too little, too late" cause I can't say I cared about anything that happened here. The introduction of Nsync ,after a five or six episode absence, was just kind of felt like "ok whatever", I still don't care about Hiro or the other kids, and I'm sorry to say this but I've lost almost all interest in Zero Two. She has not been nearly as fun to watch as she was in the beginning and her plight, like everyone else, has not been that compelling to me.

Sorry If I'm raining on anyone's parade but I'm just not enjoying the show like I want to.
Mar 31, 2018 11:16 AM

Nov 2012
araneathedragoon said:
Epicenter said:

Zero 01 is Lelouch, remember? Joke aside, 01 could be first kind of Zero Two, failed sure, he or she have run away and who knows the source of klaxosaurs attacks came from him or her.

I just can't stand it though, what was even the point of that scene? It's almost like it's trolling. Do we really need to be reminded their on good terms, that he won't confront her for anything, and she'll apologize for bumping into him but not for lying to him and ditching him as soon as possible. I'm surprised they didn't make him blame Hiro for stopping them during the walk, thus forcing her to bump into him, like when he insanely freaked out at Mitsuru when Kororo is the one who ditched him.

Hmm, I was thinking that the talkative blonde member of the Nine's might be 01, there's 8 of them so it would fit the entire single digits being taken up by them and 02. It's just so weird, since he seems human, so it would be odd for this non human super beast to be behind him. Even if he wasn't human, I'm not sure why he'd say she's they key to saving the world, if she's second place. Maybe he isn't 01, and one of them is number 10.
Jaywalker.
Mar 31, 2018 11:30 AM

Jul 2013
So Zero Two was just using Hiro all along to kill klaxosaurs and become human? Dammit.
That blonde dude has a big NTR aura surrounding him it's not even funny. Goro better watch out.

I'm sad to hear Naomi has likely died, I felt for her the short time she was in the series. Though there is also the possibility they took her to another place and she would reappear later, but I'm not going to have my hopes high.
Mar 31, 2018 11:31 AM
Dec 2017
Finally things are becoming interesting in the show. I'm exited to see where all of this goes
Mar 31, 2018 11:35 AM
Jun 2014
So, is 02 experienced? How Does she know about "what comes after kissing"? I have a bad feeling
Mar 31, 2018 11:36 AM

Feb 2016
I've been disliking Zero two lately, guess that's part of her change as a Klaxosaurus but still...

I hope I'm not the only one that wanted Hiro to slap her (or anybody else)

Well, things turned lit this episode. Can't wait for the next episode!
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Mar 31, 2018 11:38 AM

Jan 2018
I loved this ep, half way point and character development. I cannot wait for next week!
Dimmock is a lot like Veal, an acquired taste.
Mar 31, 2018 11:39 AM

Mar 2016
Kirigaro92 said:
So, is 02 experienced? How Does she know about "what comes after kissing"? I have a bad feeling

She probably lost her virginty and made it with the 100 partners before lol

Anyways, I enjoyed this episode to say the least. Let’s see what’s to come next episode.
Mar 31, 2018 11:44 AM

Aug 2017
Zero Two went full yandere. She wants to become human. My problem is that everything happens too fast to care about. Yet i still don't care about the main cast. Finally, more world building. 3/5
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 31, 2018 11:45 AM

Jan 2016
Finally! The plot is moving forward! Ugh, this is one of those shows that you'd probably enjoy more by binge watching.
Mar 31, 2018 11:46 AM

Aug 2014
DragonSlayer_19 said:
Kirigaro92 said:

She probably lost her virginty and made it with the 100 partners before lol

Anyways, I enjoyed this episode to say the least. Let’s see what’s to come next episode.

Well if you want to keep her "pure" you can know about sex without having it ;) Also she already know much about the world anyways so could picked it up anywere. (And Japanese loves keep the girls virginity intact for the MC and "fans")

IRl no way ;)
Mar 31, 2018 11:47 AM

Mar 2012
The only complaints I've seen from people about this episode are weak. It was genuinely great to me.

The narrative is going somewhere since characters have been getting quite good development the past episodes. We've been getting hints the past few episodes about Hiro's past, 'saurification', etc. This episode finally gave us confirmation of these things. I like how they used Ichigo spying to confirm the genetic evolution theory, even though it was becoming more and more obvious. Likewise, the single digits team is finally becoming relevant. They're very antagonistic.

And, as usual, we got more hints at other things. One thing that stood out to me was out the leader of the nines called the squad 'humans' as if the nines aren't? They must all be different in some way. Also, the children disappear randomly from the plantation when they're growing up? Must've been defective...

The thing that surprised me about this episode was the 'curse' that 02 puts on people. We already knew that partners would die when going with her three times, but we never really knew why in the way that we do now.

Fantastic episode, imo. Cannot wait for the second half.
Mar 31, 2018 11:50 AM
Nov 2016
Probably the first episode in some time I have actually (somewhat) enjoyed.
I still can't help but laugh at the bad writing though.

The ending theme ruins the atmosphere too.

Mar 31, 2018 11:53 AM
Mar 2018
01 may be endboss, so 02 is the key because they are similar. hiro remembers now again sooner and 02 determined also in episode 13. I think Dr Franxx will explain everything in the next few episodes why everything is so and what happened then. and if not team 13 will make trouble or 02 xD
Mar 31, 2018 11:58 AM
Aug 2014
Looks like plot finally start moving. Well good episode. Increase my rating from 6 to 7/10
If the plot continues to move, ill increase the score back up by 1 each episode
Finally we get to see nines and gardens which is interesting. And zero 2 unable to control her emotions and losing it is pretty entertaining and refreshing to watch.
Okay one thing is - no more side character emotional drama- time to continue with the plot and this episode did well.
Mar 31, 2018 12:11 PM

Dec 2017
Does anyone have a clue what the text says?
Mar 31, 2018 12:19 PM

Sep 2013
The most interesting episode in a while, as a whole lot of development in terms of what you would call the main plot of the show occurs. This sort of a conflict to arise between Hiro and 02 was well within the cards already, but I quite like how it was executed here. We really got to see the rage in her building up and finally unleashed in the final scene as she tries to strangle Hiro.

Looking forward to see what happens next
Mar 31, 2018 12:26 PM
Jan 2018
I_LUV_NALU said:
So they wiped Hiro’s memory that’s why he can’t remember anything from his past.
Zero Two is trying to become human and reunite with her darling which is actually Hiro..... but they don’t recognize each other.
I swear to god when they finally realize that they met in the past it’ll be too late.

What do you think it meant 02 by calling hiro fodder which was just a food to take energy from?
Why 02 has strangled hiro, telling hiro to want to devour his life?
Why does not she recognize hiro as his first darling?
Mar 31, 2018 12:29 PM
Jan 2018
Illyricus said:
So Zero Two was just using Hiro all along to kill klaxosaurs and become human? Dammit.
That blonde dude has a big NTR aura surrounding him it's not even funny. Goro better watch out.

I'm sad to hear Naomi has likely died, I felt for her the short time she was in the series. Though there is also the possibility they took her to another place and she would reappear later, but I'm not going to have my hopes high.

Ep 13 is crucial! Hiro will remember everything about 02 and she calm her!
Angel942Mar 31, 2018 12:39 PM
Mar 31, 2018 12:30 PM
✿。

Apr 2012
So it’s more or less confirmed that Hiro could have gotten his memory wiped and maybe that’s because of him meeting 02 back in the past.

Ohh man I feel bad for Hiro tho, he confessed to 02 only to be told that he’s just a fodder ;;
I do hope that zero two will realize that her darling from back then is Hiro + idk how she thinks she’ll turn more “Human” if she kills more Klaxosaurs, but the adults could have lied to her by telling her that, making her think that this way she’ll turn into a human and be by her darling side.

Also I wonder if the blue oni theory is back & that we will get to see Hiro with horns!

I hope next episode they reveal Hiro’s past of when he met 02.

:: Sʏᴍᴘʜᴏɴɪᴀ

Fly me to the moon
Let me play among the stars
Let me see what spring is like
On jupiter and mars

☆ ★ ☆ ★
Mar 31, 2018 12:34 PM

Aug 2013
Pretty bad episode, zero 2 is basically a Miss Martian wannabe. Trying hard to get people to accept her as human and hide her true self for fear of being shunned.
Mar 31, 2018 12:35 PM

Jul 2017
Another mediocre episode of Cuck in the Franxx. With the best part of this episode being Zero Two's slut status revealed. Lmao at all the idiots heralding her as "best girl" of the season.
Mar 31, 2018 12:35 PM
Mar 2016
Angel942 said:
I_LUV_NALU said:

What do you think it meant 02 by calling hiro fodder which was just a food to take energy from?

Zero Two probably got her memory wiped too
She's basically using Hiro so she can become human and meet her "darling"
Mar 31, 2018 12:41 PM

Sep 2016

why so fast,i wasn't ready :C
Mar 31, 2018 12:42 PM
Mar 2018
Shit got real in this week episode hahaha
Mar 31, 2018 12:42 PM
Jan 2018
I_LUV_NALU said:
Angel942 said:

Zero Two probably got her memory wiped too
She's basically using Hiro so she can become human and meet her "darling"

Exactly the problem now is that 02 don't Remember that his original darling is under her eye and is call hiro
Exactly?
Angel942Mar 31, 2018 12:59 PM
Mar 31, 2018 12:44 PM
Mar 2017
Honestly, Zero Two was kinda scary this episode. She was unstable and we all know she is desperate because we saw her slowly changing to what she called a monster. I get the feeling that her story is very sad which is why she was struggling. Let's see if Hiiro's love for her is beyond appearance and genuine. Zero Two is very hot and fun girl. In my opinion, she is one of the best heroine in anime. It would really be great if Hiiro will accept her of whatever she is. Zero Two deserves happiness..
Mar 31, 2018 12:47 PM

Jan 2017
This episode was amazing, it wasn't as action packed but the pacing was still good and had shown a more emotionally driven theme
To be honest, I wasn't all that when it started and I questioned how good it will be... But now, this low-key anime is heading towards being one of my favourites -definitely of winter 2018- and potentially of my list. This episode was a game changer.
It explored their past, tried to set some truths e.g. parasites and children of the garden not becoming adults etc. And then showed the depth of 02's relationship with Hiro, agh I was so sad.
But what clinched it was 02's personal conflict and obsession to become human, I felt like crying seeing her behave like that😭😭; and the memory wiping of her and Hiro (It seems like that; definitely for Hiro but I'm still kinda confused on 02) made it all the more intense
tidoesstuffMar 31, 2018 12:51 PM
Mar 31, 2018 12:49 PM

May 2016
So she searches for him lol and she doesn't even know that, best episode so far.
Mar 31, 2018 12:51 PM

Aug 2013
There is a serious plot after all, it just took 12 weeks to get to it!
Don't believe the hype.
Mar 31, 2018 12:55 PM
Jan 2018
In ep 13, hiro will remember everything about 02 and calm her!
Mar 31, 2018 1:28 PM
Jun 2014
Everyone just keep assuming just cause she rode with different partners she slept with all of them when prolly 99% hated her or were scared enough to don't even talk to her
Mar 31, 2018 2:14 PM

Feb 2016
Epicenter said:
araneathedragoon said:

I just can't stand it though, what was even the point of that scene? It's almost like it's trolling. Do we really need to be reminded their on good terms, that he won't confront her for anything, and she'll apologize for bumping into him but not for lying to him and ditching him as soon as possible. I'm surprised they didn't make him blame Hiro for stopping them during the walk, thus forcing her to bump into him, like when he insanely freaked out at Mitsuru when Kororo is the one who ditched him.

Hmm, I was thinking that the talkative blonde member of the Nine's might be 01, there's 8 of them so it would fit the entire single digits being taken up by them and 02. It's just so weird, since he seems human, so it would be odd for this non human super beast to be behind him. Even if he wasn't human, I'm not sure why he'd say she's they key to saving the world, if she's second place. Maybe he isn't 01, and one of them is number 10.

To be honest, I don't want any Squad 13 member is gone dying. Sure, there are a lot of conflicts in the group, but there is a scary world outside as anti-protagonist to devour them, if they are drawn apart; graveyard like domes, the parasites, the garden, a barren world, klaxosaurs, dirty adults, lovelessness, Dr. Franxx, the kind of Zero Two/Nines... Some members pointed death flags, but I hope not.

I wish Futoshi realizes his mistake and apologizes Kokoro. They would stay as friends.

I forgot to say, Zero Two's horns are getting longer; I hope she would stay as now, with horns, kinda makes me remember Ramu's horn. ;)

Mar 31, 2018 2:15 PM

Jun 2017
araneathedragoon said:

Thats an interesting thought. If 01 and 02 were a couple at one point, but 01 became a klaxosaur it could explain why she is attracting those.
We still dont know where they come from or what their goal is.
Hmmm.
I'm still very interested in this show.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2018

328 by Aazoka »»
Apr 6, 10:56 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 13, 2018

565 by otakuanity »»
Mar 29, 12:11 AM

» How do we feel about this one years later? ( 1 2 3 )

sorames - Jun 10, 2023

114 by sunatsf »»
Mar 26, 7:50 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2018

638 by SibunaC »»
Mar 4, 2:25 PM

» Did she knew him before that blood sucking episode

rishamr - Feb 15

29 by Aminah_D »»
Mar 3, 12:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.