Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Apr 18, 2018 3:30 PM

Jul 2013
What the hell is happening to Zero Two? What the hell is Zero Two? Damn now it gets interesting. Keep it up. Also, they're showing Ichigo slowly find out the truth along lines while staying behind a corner. She's gonna do something bad and selfish, I've seen this before.
Apr 26, 2018 3:03 AM

Jun 2013
Zero Two is turning into a disgusting klauxosaur. Ew. I'm sure she's tranforming.

I'm liking the blonde dude. I'm thinking Zero Two might not be the only one of her kind? They might have created other human/klaxosaur hybrids.

Obviously Hiro and Zero Two were acquaintances or lovers (kid lovers? barf) at one time which is why she is attracted to him. Hiro finally confessed his love but he's still a fucking idiot and the worst MC of all time.

This is in NO WAY AOTY. That's an insult to other series that are leagues better.

However, I admit the plot is getting more and more interesting and Hiro is right none of them make it to adulthood. They're all gonna die and Zero Two predicted it.
臭い-
Apr 28, 2018 4:10 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
-Stray said:
blazehero said:
Not the time to confess Hiro...

Goro and Zorome jealous of blonde Nines, he is going to NTR the entire cast and I'll love it.

Please start with Ichigo!!! then red head! I can already see the doujins ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

You guys are nuts...

I_LUV_NALU said:
So they wiped Hiro’s memory that’s why he can’t remember anything from his past.
Zero Two is trying to become human and reunite with her darling which is actually Hiro..... but they don’t recognize each other.
I swear to god when they finally realize that they met in the past it’ll be too late.

Nah, I dont believe this anime as that kind of balls to go that into mindfuck territory anymore, at least judging from what I have in previous episodes.
May 22, 2018 3:08 AM
Oct 2011
"did they notice what we're up to?"
concerning the klauxxaurus attacking near the garden
this raises both hints and questions...
i'd hate to repeat the same guesses every episode over and over again, but lol im sure no one reads my comments anyways! i feel like the klauxxaurus were once secretly human children. and that the children are all infected with klauxxaurus blood that kills them before they go into adulthood. also the lower the number indicates how much blood they have injected and how strong they are, hence why 02 is the least human-like among them

one more thing concerning hints/questions
hiro obviously met 02 in the past and their "maintenance" tests wiped his memory of it
also it looks like he may become closer to beast just like her
but what if the reason why he is so compatible is because he's actually 001??
i've said this before but i feel like there has to be some major plot twist involving who 001 is...
also one more guess about this: but me thinks hiro gave 002 the name iona in the past and forgot all about it. after all their team is the only team that does names because of hiro, right?

and my goodness! exactly how many love triangles do they plan to put around ichigo!!!
handsome guy x ichigo
ichigo x hiro
goro x ichigo
ikuno x ichigo
i no longer feel bad about hiro choosing 002 - she has plenty of people to choose from yeesh!!
May 24, 2018 10:02 PM

Jul 2016
Good episode. I really don't see the appeal of Zero Two as a waifu, though. She acted bitchy again like in episode 5.
Aug 8, 2018 9:43 PM

May 2012
Very impressive character development, we finally get to know a bit more! And it also seems Hiro has met Zero Two before in the past... quite interesting and I do wonder what will happen next!
Oct 3, 2018 12:57 PM

Mar 2016
Ahh yes... Finally going back to the real story, are we!?

This episode got some really fascinating revelations and changes. For one, Zero 2 has become more interesting but even more so after claiming that Hiro is basically just a fodder of life energy like the other (100+) darlings that came before him. Now that's some shocking revelation, unexpected from someone who was portrayed as a new source of hope for Hiro back in episode 1-2.

'A Monster disguised as human' Well well well... The plot THICKENED
Dec 16, 2018 3:28 AM
Dec 2017
02 she really is a monster
Dec 25, 2018 6:47 AM

Jun 2015
back to the real story we go
Mar 29, 2020 8:13 PM

Aug 2019
oh holy shit ok. So im guessing this is were the ice breaks and we see that the lovely chocolate muffin we've been eating away at casually has raisins in it. No but fr i'm super pumped were they lead this dark and fucked up arc, feels like they've been building up to this moment to show just how fucked up in the head humans can really be by experimenting on children (maybe splicing them with aliens?)
God damn feels bad for Zero Two, what ever the higherups are doing to her only seem to be worsening things
Apr 20, 2020 8:33 AM

Apr 2013
Great, now best girl went complete retard as well. Guess now I have to root for uhm...wait every main character is either boring or annoying, sheet...
May 5, 2020 4:22 AM

Feb 2018
Monster and cute?? Are you seriously...
May 12, 2020 10:10 AM

Jan 2013
Zero Two mentioning she wanted to become human makes me think about this;

So it's safe to say the children are not actually born but rather created.
Maybe created with the help of a Klaxosaur, the injections could help them surpress their Klaxosaur side.
Also Naomi not coming back because she was considered a failure may mean she's a Klaxosaur outside of the Plantation?

Especially with the ending, Zero Two having blue blood and a red skin, Klaxosaurs have blue blood aswell.
Jun 4, 2020 5:42 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
The show is really pulling up all the stops recently. I love how every episode so far has been answering so much stuff and it's only getting more and more interesting from now. Hiro might be the very first Darling she was talking about.
Jul 6, 2020 3:14 PM

Aug 2008
Alright finally we are getting somewhere. Had to wade through a bunch of nothing to get here but hopefully 02 history will be unfolded and hopefully as well Hiro can do something to pull her back from full on crazy. Seems this really took its turn after whatever procedure they did to her, wonder if its messing with her mind or if this is just her true self coming out? Either way I am actually a bit interested now.
Jul 24, 2020 11:47 AM

Jun 2020
love love love loveeeeeee the OST the backing track during the scene with the 9s was amazing! loved the winter aesthetic of this episode

so glad to see futoshi is still kind to kokoro :)

feel so bad for the Children, all of them :(

i know both have close to nothing in common but a dystopic kind of setting but watching the world building and story unfold is like when i read the giver when i was younger & always wanting to find out more

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Aug 8, 2020 3:10 AM

Feb 2020
Finally, some interesting development ! And wow, that was quite something.
Despite her apparent self-confidence, Zero Two strongly hates herself, or more specifically hates her appearance that's betraying the fact that she's not human.
However I have many questions regarding her.
First of all, her behaviour in this episode makes it look like she's gone insane. But is she really going insane or is her true self showing ? After all we barely know her and the show has always been careful at making us remember that.
And let's not forget what happened when Ichigo called her a monster (that was a monster right ? It's been a while, I could be wrong).
Maybe she really isn't human not just physically, but also mentally.
Now I wonder if I should feel for her or not. I mean, I do feel for her. But at the same time, as I said I don't know her. I don't know if she is a good person at heart. And honestly, practically none of what I've seen of her makes me believe she is. She is incredibly dangerous, and if we look at the metaphor behind it, it seems like she is both physically and emotionally abusive.
It is hard to know what to think of her, there are so many things we don't know.. I just hope that if she turns out not being a good person, the show won't try to make me believe the opposite because of a sad backstory. That's the kind of things that can make me go from liking to strongly disliking a character if it isn't done right.
Now, it looks like her "-saurus thing" blood is transforming her... Interesting.
But now Hiro is becoming a victim of it and he isn't aware of it. I wonder what this will lead to.
Also, he actually remembers something involving who I believe is Zero Two. So they already know each other, but he forgot about it ? I wonder if Zero Two still remembers.
Sep 25, 2020 3:40 PM

Aug 2020
Now I am really started to get Owari no Seraph vibes. The story was just like it the difference is only there are klaxosaurs as villains than vampires. Also the scene of the squad when they were kids reminded me of Owari no Seraph. Not to mention that blonde guy just looks like Mikaela and also they share the same voice actors in dub!
Oct 9, 2020 10:55 PM

Aug 2018
Zero 2 is going crazy! Interesting...

Dec 19, 2020 7:01 AM
Dec 2020
I think it all comes from that mirror Hiro gave to 02...idk
Feb 2, 2021 8:31 AM
Jul 2018
So it seems that Hiro and ZeroTwo met before, when in the "Garden". Perhaps they were tested on each other which is why they are so compatible with each other and Hiro isn't compatible with anyone else. Hopefully they don't drag this on for too long and reveal what their past is together.
Also with the introduction of the 9's I already don't like the blonde dude. Seems arrogant but I guess that is his character. The plot is thickening and becoming more detailed which is good. Still not sure how I feel about this anime yet but it's not terrible ^^
Jun 6, 2021 8:19 AM
Aug 2015
I dislike this 02 b*tch from the bottom of my heart 💖
Jun 10, 2021 8:00 AM

Feb 2021
002's obsession with being more 'human' is spiraling out of control and she's doing act's out of pure anger and hatred. She's being outrageous at times.
Hiro confesses his love for her and she thinks he only likes him for well, her features I guess? Also she isn't pleased with how she looks. The 'curse' 002 carries isn't completely over. Hiro might actually grow horns/fangs and be like her. The Garden and overall the APE facility is working under warps.
"You're just fodder to me" Ouch :'(
Looks like we'll get a bit of 002 backstory.

Jun 17, 2021 7:31 AM

Apr 2021
Slowly Hiro is remembering the truth more like his past I guess....I'm so hyped now...Offf to the next episode!
Jun 23, 2021 7:44 PM

Jun 2020
A visit from the past as they visit the Garden where it all started for them a nostalgic feel for the group

APE Unit 9's a very elegant yet shady group who feels like they knew a lot of things especially about Zero Two coming from that blonde guy he seems to be of a bold character

Zero Two's acting very strange here in this episode her aggressiveness is on point and she's hunting for blood unsightly to see but at least we had more screen time from the partner.
Mar 20, 2022 3:22 AM

Jun 2020
Whew! Happy to see we are back to plot progression rather than the innuendo stuffs we had during last few episodes.
Aug 11, 2022 2:14 AM
Aug 2022
kinda ok but opp series
Nov 14, 2022 3:01 AM
May 2021
wow

this is the best thing i've ever seen!

great watch with the whole family!!
Nov 24, 2022 2:29 PM
Oct 2022
it was really shity and this anime has a shit ton of fan services and the story is not that great and did not appeal to me
Dec 3, 2022 11:19 AM
Dec 2022
sefmeowfjelw2kjfewo
May 4, 2023 1:11 PM

Dec 2022
Zero-Two is part-klaxosaur right? Must be some sort of inferiority complex driving her desire to be human. Ironically, her partnering with Hiro seems to be turning him less human and more klaxosaur himself, on a genetic level. It's good to see the plot picking up again.

Shaded Horizon

Sep 29, 2023 6:17 AM

Nov 2010
I thought Naomi's transport got attacked during the first episode. So, she survived that? I wonder what happened to her. I'm sure she's dead. They only have limited lifespans from dying in combat or parasite drugs.

Good 02 fanservice. And I love the scene of her pushing down Hiro in an attempt to have sex. That was hot!

If both of them complete their Saurification, then it's for the best. Becoming human is nothing special, and it sucks! If it were up to me, I would like to turn into a Klaxosaur! They look cooler than humans.
Oct 24, 2023 8:51 PM

Dec 2022
For now it feels like they are being controlled way too much. And if i know anything about humanity, it's that you can't never control them 100%, and there will always comes a moment that someone resists or even fights back.

Nov 30, 2023 2:15 PM
Nov 2023
I like these types of discovering of realising scenes
Nov 30, 2023 7:46 PM

Nov 2023
Erm what, zero two is snapped
Dec 13, 2023 7:38 PM

Sep 2018
Cool episode, might be favourite so far.
Dec 30, 2023 10:31 AM
Jan 2019
I love Snow! ÒwÓ
Feb 13, 9:19 PM

Dec 2022
o heck yeah we are going full vampire mode
mr. suave steal your girl takes advantage of the situation to swoop up Ichigo, man of taste
Pages (6) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 5, 2018

364 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Yesterday, 1:15 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 21, 2018

707 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Yesterday, 12:34 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2018

640 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Apr 22, 2:04 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2018

282 by louiboui08 »»
Apr 21, 6:59 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2018

597 by akiramado19 »»
Apr 17, 9:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.