Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Mar 29, 2018 1:57 PM

Not a fan. Rather see log horizon season 3, but that doesn't seem to be happening anytime soon :(

Mar 29, 2018 1:58 PM

i like it. idk why most people hate #3 on most popular anime.
but this is about taste.

兵家
"Green how I want you green. Green wind. Green branches."

Mar 29, 2018 1:59 PM

overated and overHATED anime with justified hate.
"I'm alright, because
The warmth on my back
Is from you, protecting me
My bent heart is being straightened out
I feel like I can keep on walking when I see your face
That time, I was able to gather my wishes and jump up
because of your words of encouragement"

Hanamaru◎Andante - Pastel✽Palettes

Mar 29, 2018 2:04 PM

I don't know dude, you tell me *Looks at his 2 SAO posters on the wall and wishes he can fast forward to fall 2018 so he can watch Alicization*.

Mar 29, 2018 2:11 PM
ohayo sekai

Disclaimer: This is from what I remember when I first watched it, so, upon a rewatch, my opinions might change.

First season: has a lot of problems, but I did enjoy it to an extent, and, at this point, the hate-dom is far more annoying than the fandom (*cough*Mother's Basement*cough*)
Second season: I had issues with, but it's definitely not the worst thing I've seen.
Ordinal Scale: Actually pretty okay.

the gods spirits the hearts palace
the deepest cave the end of the blue sky
there is no limit we cannot cross
to every corner of the stars

interview quiz

Mar 29, 2018 2:12 PM

I'm looking forward to SAO S3 if that's what you're asking.

Mar 29, 2018 2:14 PM

Think there are too many threads about it :P
Kokoro did nothing wrong.

Mar 29, 2018 2:19 PM
First six episodes of season one was ok, the rest is trash. movie is better than any of the seasons but still mediocre. Reki Kawahara is more of sellout than anything really. It has to do for being popular for no reason than being an actually good story. GGO alternative is going be meh so is Alicization. What turn off the story for me is how a guy who is good at video games can be OP and pick up chicks. why? So teenagers can relate to the guy? I think Isekais became the new norm due to SAO and Re;Zero. Got to like copycats in anime.

Mar 29, 2018 2:32 PM

When I first ran into it, it was shown at a club meet, and I dropped it after one episode because the premise seemed stupid.

Then, after a while, I gradually found out about the hatedom.

And then after a while, despite or perhaps because of knowing the hatedom exists, now I've actually gotten interested in watching it for real, just because I know I sometimes don't mind or even enjoy stuff that other people hate.

So yeah. Blame the hatedom. They've successfully kept this show on my radar long enough for me to come around and actually get interested in it.

Mar 29, 2018 2:56 PM

Nothing changed - it's still as bad as it was 6 years ago

Mar 29, 2018 2:57 PM

I never liked SAO in the first place, but never jumped on the hate wagon.

But it is a good entry/introduction to anime if you are interested.
Ero Pattishie, how was the night?
Did you like the sister sandwich for dinner?
Or perhaps it was too sweet,
that you want more vanilla in the morning.
I'll put extra cream just for you.
Now it eat well, we still have more desserts.

Mar 29, 2018 3:03 PM

I don't really think SAO is literal trash like many people think it is. I'm no advocate for it being good, of course. Sure, there are a lot of places that could have been much better, but I still think it was better than a few other series I've seen.

Mar 29, 2018 3:08 PM

It's fine.

My biggest problem honestly was the pacing. I felt that the first season should've been all SAO and the Fairy arc could've been an OVA sequel. Everything else people bitch about I just sorta shrug at. Kirito being OP / Gary Stu? I honestly don't fucking care. I find it more amusing than agitating. Asuna becoming a damsel in the second half? Meh. I've seen that in a lot of other anime (the tentacle rape thing was unnecessary, though.) The whole cousin incest thing? Again, seen it in a ton of other shows, I'm sorta numb to it by this point. The entire Fairy arc in general? I thought it was stupid, shallow fun. I've never had any real hatred towards the show even while it was first airing. In fact I remember kinda enjoying myself.

It's just hard for me to get really angry or passionate about it like so many others do, because I just find it okay. It's not great, but it's nowhere near as terrible as people make it out to be. The music's good, the animation, especially in the action scenes, is solid, the voice work is good (even the dub has some strong performances,) and I admit there are a couple of characters I like. I've seen far, far, FAR worse, not just technically, but even morally more reprehensible than SAO has ever gotten.

I'm also just so burnt out on the discussion. The fact that after six year we are still bitching and moaning about it is ridiculous. Every time SAO gets brought up now I just roll my eyes because I know exactly where it's gonna go. I feel like the SAO hate is more of a meme now than anything.
Modified by PurpleVespa180, Mar 29, 2018 10:30 PM

Mar 29, 2018 5:13 PM
Still hate it, and Kirito is still my most hated character today. That will never change.

Mar 29, 2018 6:52 PM

Mar 29, 2018 7:02 PM

Still garbage and Kirito is a shithead

Mar 29, 2018 7:06 PM

Asking about opinions and no polls? WTF.

Personally, I like SAO. It has its flaws but it's not offensive at least, like other shows.

Mar 29, 2018 7:13 PM

I still think it's trash. Kirito is trash. His harem is trash. The entire anime is trash.
<<<< Click to see how you may #HelpKyoAniHeal

Mar 29, 2018 7:16 PM
Isekai/LN Weirdo

It was my first show that could be considered "mainstream" and being aware of it back in 2013. Even after a couple of rewatches my thoughts on the show are still the same: I really like the show and I am fully aware of its flaws (especially when it is towards Kirito).

Mar 29, 2018 7:17 PM
I haven't seen it since 2013 and didn't even finish it. I don't really care about it now doesn't seem like something I'd like.

Mar 29, 2018 7:28 PM

I loved the Aincrad arc when I first watched it and maintain to this day that it's flippin' glorious. The rest isn't quite as good (from what I've watched so far,) but the franchise holds a special place in my heart.

The only part I unequivocally hated (and still hate) was the Fairy Dance arc. I had a variety of reasons for this, but the biggest was that ridiculously overblown rape scene in episode 24.

If you disagree with me, that's fine. However, anyone who says I'm an idiot for having this opinion or that "SAO is scientifically proven to be bad" can kindly go stick their head in a bucket of ice water.
For a variety of reasons, I have retired from the majority of these forums. I won't be participating in threads outside of the recommendations subforums, nor will I be responding to quotes outside of those subforums.

You're free to quote my other, past posts to your heart's content: just be aware that I won't be reading your replies, let alone responding to them.

Mar 29, 2018 7:32 PM

pretty average imo, I never got around finishing it through

Mar 29, 2018 8:11 PM

I still haven't give a shit about it.

Mar 29, 2018 8:13 PM

It's still bad. I watched SAO pretty late though. Don't think my opinion will ever change since I don't plan on re-watching.

The SAO Alternative anime that's coming up MIGHT make me have a more positive outlook on the franchise.
Modified by MechKingKillbot, Mar 29, 2018 8:16 PM

Mar 29, 2018 8:58 PM

Not the first anime I watched and I thought it was boring initially, then the fairy dance arc or whatever the hell its called is so bad to the point it killed what little interest I have in animes with "stuck in video game" premises.

Mar 29, 2018 9:02 PM

One of the first animes I've watched and I still think it's good. Though I've yet to watch the second season and the movie.
Modified by Mikura39, Mar 30, 2018 12:46 AM

Help, I'm hooked into the Fate series (not all) and am obsessed with Shirou x Saber!
Also, forever hoping for a ufotable remake of the Fate route!

Mar 30, 2018 12:41 AM
Movie lived up to my expectations which was none.

Mar 30, 2018 6:32 AM
Eternal Shipper

This thread has been moved to the correct series board

Mar 30, 2018 2:48 PM
LoLiCoN

i liked it personally but i can understand why people dislike it but then again i feel like they are too fussy with picking apart the story and characters and don't just watch the anime for what it is and expect too much from it :)
アニメ幼女見てるのが楽しい

Mar 30, 2018 3:50 PM
When I think of SAO, 2 words always come out, 'unfulfilled potential' (similar to Blizzard games for me).

I still remember how super excited and giddy I was when I watched the first episode of SAO, I genuinely thought it would be in my top 5 anime of all time so I couldn't wait until the next episode aired - but it didn't take long for the awful pacing to dampen the entire anime for me.

It could have been so so much more, disappointed is an understatement.

Mar 30, 2018 3:59 PM
KyoxSaya

i used to despise the series to the point that i would get pissed off talking about it and laughed at the people who liked it, now i don't really hate it that much and i can kinda see why people like it.(im not a romance fan)
-Sayaka Miki-
"Ive decided that from now on, i'm never gonna regret anything, ever again!”

Mar 31, 2018 4:44 AM

It's garbage and it will always be garbage no matter what weebs say.

Apr 4, 2018 5:12 PM
LOL guys who hated this anime so much you just make this anime so popular right now. so thank you for SAO Haters:p
i loved this anime so much

Apr 4, 2018 5:17 PM

What I think about it nowadays? Just "meh" is the only word that comes to mind I'll probably still watch the third season just to see if there is a slight chance it will be better than most of the episodes from the previous seasons, but I'm not holding my breath.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"

Apr 5, 2018 12:07 AM

It's really not as terrible as everyone makes it out to be. It's really just an average show. It has some genuinely cool moments, some great action scenes, a beautiful soundtrack by Yuki Kajiura, beautiful animation, but is ultimately pretty forgettable.

I don't necessarily think it's a bad show, just an average forgettable one with some very cool moments sprinkled throughout.

It's definitely worth watching albeit just to see what all the hype is about.

Apr 7, 2018 7:03 AM

They dropped the ball on ep3, 2nd half was laughable. topkek Reki.

Reki planned this well, cramming every trope under the sun and thus was born SAO. Honestly I applaud him for a successful cash cow.

Apr 19, 2018 2:40 PM

Still shit, nothing has changed.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]