Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Mar 29, 2018 5:17 PM
Mar 2018
I was quite surprised about the Dietfried's grudge against Violet. Accusing her of his death seems like that cheap plot idea of a dense character from a low-quality Anime so I didn't expect to find something like that in Violet Evergarden. Many people disliked the past few ova-type of episodes but I kind of prefer them over main-plot episodes like these ever since Gilbert has been confirmed dead and Violet has "restored" her sanity and humanity. I basically already see the main plot as finished. Non the less a good episode.
Mar 29, 2018 5:19 PM
Mar 2018
Top_Sergeant said:
Did Violet's broach fall off the train along with General Douchenozzle?

As long as there was no insane miracle I would definitely say that it fell. The way we know Violet though, she'd cross five battlefields to retrieve that hehe
Mar 29, 2018 5:28 PM

Mar 2013
GreenEmu said:
Afezeria said:
Thread is full of salty LN readers as usual.

Wanting an adaption to stick to it's source material is being "salty" now? Stop being stupid.
It's not like we couldn't enjoy the anime as it's own thing, no? There's no written rule saying that an adaptation has to be completely 1:1 with the original source. A lot of users also been complaining that the LN readers just gave off too much spoiler discussion around here, which may seems like an invalid complaint since people could choose to push that spoiler button or not but that's the thing, curiosity kills the cat. Not their fault really if they succumb to their will.

Also, thanks. I am stupid.
Arisa_LucifiriaMar 29, 2018 5:45 PM
Mar 29, 2018 6:05 PM

Apr 2012
Afezeria said:
GreenEmu said:

Wanting an adaption to stick to it's source material is being "salty" now? Stop being stupid.
It's not like we couldn't enjoy the anime as it's own thing, no? There's no written rule saying that an adaptation has to be completely 1:1 with the original source. A lot of users also been complaining that the LN readers just gave off too much spoiler discussion around here, which may seems like an invalid complaint since people could choose to push that spoiler button or not but that's the thing, curiosity kills the cat. Not their fault really if they succumb to their will.

Also, thanks. I am stupid.

You're not stupid , he's stupid for being close minded. I mean , he never said what he thinks anyway. But it's clear that LN doesn't really matter much. As long as what they're doing is fine.
ALSO NOTICE ME SENPAI. Why did you block comments on your profile?
Mar 29, 2018 6:11 PM

Nov 2007
D1tchd1gger said:
@shanimebib

OK watched it again. There is no mention of a tunnel until Dietfried says that line. These are the lines from the sub (the dub is similar bar a rejig of the order of a couple of words in a couple of lines):

Soldier: Where do you think they will attack?
Dietfried: Somewhere where we slow down.
And somewhere where it will be hard to restore if it is destroyed.
The Grandezza Bridge! (which Violet flew over earlier and the pilot called it so)
It took ten years to build that tunnel(!?)
The transcontinental railroad will be out of commission for some time if it is destroyed.

See how that can be confusing? If the line about the tunnel is as you say (no reason to doubt you) then maybe a previous line is different in Japanese and that's where the mistake is? I looked up the Japanese for both tunnel and bridge, but the word after Grandezza (both the pilot and Dietfried) in the Japanese version didn't sound like either? Otherwise it's a mistake in the original script or a line was cut or something 🤷‍♂️

There is a tunnel though, we see it in the latter part of the fight.

Anyway, as I rewatched the dub with the subs on I did spot a stupid mistake in the dub. In the plane after going over the bridge there's a wide shot of some mountains and on the far right we see Intense, the place where the Major was last seen (shown in a brief flashback). The Japanese VA for Violet says Intense and so do the sub, but in the dub Violet says beautiful 🤦‍♂️ I did wonder when I watched it first time why there was a flashback to the Majors last scene after the "beautiful" scene 🤔

I have not seen it with subtitles yet. This and Sora yori are the two anime I followed mainly raw whenever possible. I will watch it with fansubs later sometime tonight as I just saw them available. I am following vivid-asenshi.

So whatever I had been writing were based on what I heard while watching them raw. I may not be accurate because I know very little Japanese. I stopped following official subs by Netflix after the third episode because even with my little knowledge of the language what I heard in Japanese and what was put in the subtitles in English were often off and they really ticked me off. A price one has to pay if they know a bit of Japanese I guess.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 29, 2018 6:24 PM
White Whistle

Feb 2018
Bro why does everyone have to spoil the light novel... they were talking about POW's in the episode so what if Gilbert is still alive and in the enemy POW camp... you're really spoiling the show for people who only watch the anime not to mention spoiling the novel for anyone who hasn't read it, so you shouldn't have said Gilbert was still alive in the novel.
Mar 29, 2018 6:37 PM
Apr 2016
Ok, I've read comments that
for 4 weeks, and now all the comments
Mar 29, 2018 6:41 PM

Jul 2016
This episode was amazing as always and WHAT A CLIFFHANGER!
Mar 29, 2018 7:01 PM

Nov 2007
KyoAni has almost always changed the content of the source material in recent years.

In Hibike! Euphonium novel: [Kumiko has been in love with Shuuichi since middle school and she confesses her feelings to him at the end of the novel and they start dating.]
The anime decided to remove it altogether.

In Phantom World novel: [The story is actually very dark. The entire world is created by Haruhiko by his overwriting power. In the real world, Mai, Reina and Koito all died fighting a phantom.]
The anime decided to make an ecchi adaptation.

In Amagi Brilliant Park novel: [Sento starts showing emotional weakness towards Kanie and there was definite tension from her side which eventually turns into romantic affection later on in the story.]
The anime never gave any hint of it.

In Violet Evergarden novel: [Although I have not read the novel, when the first novel promotional clips were out last year, Gilbert was shown with an eye-patch on his right eyes. Back then, I didn't give it much thought but then I realized he survived while watching the anime (but not until after quite a few episodes in). I just simply forgot about the clip and simply thought he was dead while following the anime until I kept on seeing the spoiler buttons that made me recall the novel promotional.]
The anime may go entirely different.

Anyone coming to a KyoAni anime should come expecting changes whether they are minor or major.
Coronavirus.
Mar 29, 2018 9:04 PM

Apr 2016
I thought it was good.

All the pieces are coming together. Now we'll see if Violent can grow up to be a real girl.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 29, 2018 9:43 PM
Feb 2018
Wasn't the best episode, the pacing felt a little off, and there is the whole "you have a gun, shoot her" thing but i also really liked her protecting the captain without being given orders to do so. Her growing as a character has been one of the best things for me this anime season. im still happy to get my weekly dose of VE, im going to be super sad when it's over. Im super happy that it's MAL score has gone up from a 6.5ish from episode 1-3 to where it is now, i truly think its a great show
Mar 29, 2018 10:46 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Pretty boring episode overall. The military episodes are easily the weakest ones for me besides how repetitive the series was at the start. Hopefully the final episode will be decent at least.
Mar 29, 2018 11:24 PM

Aug 2013
If they keep Gilbert dead my rating of this show will drop significantly. And it took episodes 8-10 just to improve my opinion of the show in the first place.

Honestly wouldn't even be surprised if they kept him dead at this point. KyoAni butchering novels at this point is about as commonplace as hearing Gen Urobuchi and shock factor, or Studio Pierrot and low-budget butchering.

I mean really, KyoAni is just Studio Pierrot but with a bigger budget.
Mar 29, 2018 11:31 PM

Aug 2013
Chento said:
shanimebib said:

Oh dear! I didn't want to make you sad of all people. I dunno what you mean by cutting it unless you are implying something from the LN which I never read.

To make it brighter for you, all but Phantom World of KyoAni owned adaptations in recent years had a sequel in the form of a TV series/movie so cheer up! :)

Yeah, KyoAni never fails us regarding that. I also haven't read the LN, though I'm considering it now. Since the series is so great.
I'm just thinking of the waiting time, if the series ends like with a major cliffhanger. We're still not sure if it will continue as a movie/ova/season 2

But yes, lets put our hopes with KyoAni hahahaha

Uhh...Hyouka, Amagi Brilliant Park, and Kobayashi-san's Maidragon never got sequels...Phantom World is far from the only one.
Mar 30, 2018 12:13 AM

May 2015
Now we know that KyoAni is among the top studios when it comes to animation...but this?

You know...when they were standing on top of the train, rather than approach Violet, the anti-peace troops could have just barraged her with bullets at a distance with their guns...

Dietfried and his tool talk...I hope that somewhere next episode, Violet will mention how Dietfried is Gilbert's brother and say that she has a responsibility to protect him too...I'd like that...please? Just mention that?
TarotistMar 30, 2018 12:26 AM
Mar 30, 2018 12:15 AM

Apr 2016
I'm reading through these comments saying how the LN kept Gilbert alive, while in this adaptation so far it seems that Gilbert is dead. People seem to want Gilbert alive. As a person who has not read the LN, how on earth is it a good narrative decision to keep Gilbert alive? I feel like that would go completely against Violet's development so far. Why would bringing back Gilbert be beneficial to the story. From what it seems, he is good as gone. Bringing him back at this point would be the biggest ass pull of all time.
SeasideLuaMar 30, 2018 12:36 AM
Mar 30, 2018 3:30 AM

Jul 2013
Jonesy974 said:
Chento said:

Yeah, KyoAni never fails us regarding that. I also haven't read the LN, though I'm considering it now. Since the series is so great.
I'm just thinking of the waiting time, if the series ends like with a major cliffhanger. We're still not sure if it will continue as a movie/ova/season 2

Uhh...Hyouka, Amagi Brilliant Park, and Kobayashi-san's Maidragon never got sequels...Phantom World is far from the only one.

It's not that Hyouka, Amagi Brilliant Park, and Phantom World aren't great but we're referring to the ones like Kyoukai no Kanata, Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!, and Free!

There isn't a possibility Violet Evergarden WILL continue as a movie/ova/season 2, but I'm hoping that it would since the story is so awesome.

It's also too early to speculate that Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon won't have a 2nd season, it was only produced last year. :)
Mar 30, 2018 4:01 AM
Jan 2017
After 12 episode I unfortunatelly thought that he is dead - there is no way that in 25 min episode he will appear, talk to violet and war end... But I watched anime from beggining and focus on Claudia. I didnt saw nothing about it so I want to ask you what do you think about it:
First of all, we have claudia speaking to violet at 1st episode where he put inside pocket hands because he didnt want to tell the truth, his face was strange, not sad, maybe a little nervous, maybe he just isnt good at lies. Then we have 9 episode where Claudia talk with Cattleya... she talk and talk and she is really mad... but then she tell him sth like " she has lost gil and everything " and after that Claudia who has his hands in pockets did sth strange - take his hands out from the pocket and said " she didnt loose anything " and smile. Scene cut and we see that Cattleya didnt come to work next day.. Did Claudia said sth her about Gil? Maybe.sure that could be just about Violet has them and friends and life...but that Claudia " truth telling face " .. And we have that scene from 12 episode - wtf i said... I see sweet reunion with child and father then Claudia looks at sky and say to the sky " I hope you will come back soon - mousugu kaettekuru kana..." there is mistake in translation there is no she. We dont know who is talk about. Maybe about all people. but, hello, that scene with child ...
Its not that im sure he is alive but that scenes give me a small hope.
ArtbelleMar 30, 2018 4:06 AM
Mar 30, 2018 4:52 AM

Jan 2017
SalmonSandwich said:
Didn't think we'd get the train hijacking this episode. Looks like they scrapped the flying letters and combined it with the hijacking with Dietfried in the story instead to wrap up Dietfried's conflict with Violet.

Stuff in the anime adaptation did really irk me though in this episode. Why didn't they just shoot Violet on top of the train? They had the range?
Also the part with the brooch being taken felt super cliche and cheesy imo... Almost mustache twirling generic bad guy level of cliche.
Would have preferred the novel version of events since Violet went all Splinter Cell and took out the soldiers one by one in the dark. Also before she gets saved she had a one on one duel with the officer, which felt more tense.

Also she was less pacifistic in the novel, where she wouldn't kill due to Gilbert wish, she wasn't so against weapons that she wouldn't use it for self defense. I mean she used her opponents weapons to incapacitate her enemies in the novel.

However its understandable since it had to be paced to fit in the entire episode but still it could have been done so much better. Tad bit disappointed.

Kinda meh episode. What's with the action, srsly. The emotional scenes didn't have that impact. Much better if we know why Dietfried is so 'angry' at Violet (aside from Gilbert's death). Hope they wrap things up well.
Mar 30, 2018 6:04 AM

Mar 2018
Probably the episode I liked the least in a while. While it was nice to see that Violet still got the moves the story felt rushed and not well executed. I am not reading the light novels so I have no idea how much they have changed but the storytelling was really so so in this episode.
Mar 30, 2018 6:52 AM

Nov 2007
Jonesy974 said:
Chento said:

I was referring to KyoAni OWNED titles i.e. the ones they own the intellectual property of the story which include Chuunibyou, Tamako Market, Free!, Kyoukai no Kanata, Phantom World, Violet Evergarden, Tsurune (have not aired yet) and possibly Robot Heart Update (more likely it will be adapted sometime next year given the popularity/promotions it has been having and an entire revamp of the official website and changing the LN character designs to fit anime adaptation). All of the ones that were adapted to anime except for Phantom World before VE had sequels.

Artbelle said:
I see sweet reunion with child and father then Claudia looks at sky and say to the sky " I hope you will come back soon - mousugu kaettekuru kana..." there is mistake in translation there is no she. We dont know who is talk about. Maybe about all people. but, hello, that scene with child ...
Its not that im sure he is alive but that scenes give me a small hope.

I thought the same as he didn't mention the exact person. Initially I thought it could be Cattleya and others who are out for such an important assignment like I mentioned it in my first post when I saw that part. But when I saw it for the second time and noticed carefully that he looked at the night sky, it seemed like he was referring to Violet (she was on a plane). While the father-child reunion can be considered as Violet and Claudia, the person who returned home was the father and not the child which prompted me to think it was a premonition of Gilbert's return. So there is still hope.

I haven't seen the official translation but just coming back from seeing the fansubs and they used SHE in it as if he was referring to Violet. The translation can be anything because no subject is specified. But like you said, I would have used "You" there as well given the context (although I technically read "I wonder if they will come back/ return home soon" when I saw that part which made me think of Cattleya and Benedict) but upon watching it for the second time, it did look like he was referring to Violet as she was the one actually coming back home after her last assignment and not the other two who just set out for their assignment.
Coronavirus.
Mar 30, 2018 6:58 AM
Dec 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST.
Is that really hard to understand?
Mar 30, 2018 7:02 AM

Nov 2011
I really wish the writers of the anime would have went a different direction. Just make it clear that Gilbert is actually dead and don't give us false hope with phrases like "he's never coming back" like stop with that shit. "He's dead" that's what I want. We got to see a piece of that from the gravestone but I feel like Hodgins needs to make it clear since he is a MAJOR character. (see that)

Overall this does not take away from this anime at all. Violet kicking ass but still saving enemy soldiers from dying was unbelievable. It showed how much she has grown throughout this series.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 30, 2018 7:49 AM
Jan 2017
SoraSenpai said:
I really wish the writers of the anime would have went a different direction. Just make it clear that Gilbert is actually dead and don't give us false hope with phrases like "he's never coming back" like stop with that shit. "He's dead" that's what I want. We got to see a piece of that from the gravestone but I feel like Hodgins needs to make it clear since he is a MAJOR character. (see that)

Overall this does not take away from this anime at all. Violet kicking ass but still saving enemy soldiers from dying was unbelievable. It showed how much she has grown throughout this series.

Writers want us to believe he is still alive,thats why im a little angry a lot my friends believed that he will come back to 12 episode... after 12 they said there is maybe 5% he will come back, but they dont think it could happen.So they play with us a little.
About this all " he is never coming back - in japanese mou modottekonai - there is no never - there is only mou ( alredy, no more ). Maybe small difference but the writers used that words to made us believe because there was no NEVER and no Dead word. After that we have second words MOU sugu Kaettekuru kana. Its so close to mou modottekonai. He is sure he will no more see him again. And after that he said " I hope you come back (home, near place) soon. There is no hope word in japanese but there is KANA and its sth like " i hope " or "?" in this sentence.
Mar 30, 2018 8:38 AM

Jul 2017
at least this guy knew how to use a gun properly

wait i thought this show was supposed to be good. that scene was pure bs, even more so when Dietfried went quickdraw on that soldier

GFL NA: 151141 | FGO NA: 622,135,030
FGO JP: 028,976,814 | Magia Record JP: rzMsBapp

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Mar 30, 2018 12:20 PM

Jun 2010
shanimebib said:
KyoAni has almost always changed the content of the source material in recent years.

In Hibike! Euphonium novel: [Kumiko has been in love with Shuuichi since middle school and she confesses her feelings to him at the end of the novel and they start dating.]
The anime decided to remove it altogether.

In Phantom World novel: [The story is actually very dark. The entire world is created by Haruhiko by his overwriting power. In the real world, Mai, Reina and Koito all died fighting a phantom.]
The anime decided to make an ecchi adaptation.

In Amagi Brilliant Park novel: [Sento starts showing emotional weakness towards Kanie and there was definite tension from her side which eventually turns into romantic affection later on in the story.]
The anime never gave any hint of it.

In Violet Evergarden novel: [Although I have not read the novel, when the first novel promotional clips were out last year, Gilbert was shown with an eye-patch on his right eyes. Back then, I didn't give it much thought but then I realized he survived while watching the anime (but not until after quite a few episodes in). I just simply forgot about the clip and simply thought he was dead while following the anime until I kept on seeing the spoiler buttons that made me recall the novel promotional.]
The anime may go entirely different.

Anyone coming to a KyoAni anime should come expecting changes whether they are minor or major.

Might wanted to see amagi/phantom like that but hibikes was 100% right choice, same with hopefully ol gil remaining x_X
Mar 30, 2018 5:41 PM

Nov 2016
This episode didn't have me immersed in like the ones before. I dunno maybe because it's me focusing solely on violet's character.
For me, Violet is already one of my top-notch favorite characters.

I hope we are having an amazing closure next episode.
Mar 30, 2018 6:25 PM

Apr 2016
I like that the story has been building to this point.

We witnessed Violet grow, from a rigid automaton to a fully functioning human being, aware of her worth and with her own ideas of how she should live. Her refusal to kill shows that.

But now she finds herself back at the beginning. She's faced with war once again. She could go ballistic and kill everyone and end the threat. But she'd lose herself. Is she willing to sacrifice everything she's built for a future peace?

The tension is growing.

I am fully connected with the character of Violet. She is strong and complex. Well done all around.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 30, 2018 7:33 PM
Jul 2018
I do want to note something when it comes to Violet Evergarden's episode and take it with a grain of salt: But bringing Gilbert alive up to the POINT of this adaption will actually go against what the series was trying to build up towards. All the development, story writing and buildup was for her to go and move on and to learn throughout the problems of the past.

Just bringing him back at least in the anime's OWN narrative will go against what the anime alone wants to bring.

I can understand that maybe in the novels it might have done well but at the same time looking back at it it wouldn't really make sense let alone fit in the entire way the anime's adaption is trying to go for. That would also be one of the biggest asspulls in recent time for anime for now.
Mar 30, 2018 8:17 PM

Apr 2016
Wasshio said:
I do want to note something when it comes to Violet Evergarden's episode and take it with a grain of salt: But bringing Gilbert alive up to the POINT of this adaption will actually go against what the series was trying to build up towards. All the development, story writing and buildup was for her to go and move on and to learn throughout the problems of the past.

Just bringing him back at least in the anime's OWN narrative will go against what the anime alone wants to bring.

I can understand that maybe in the novels it might have done well but at the same time looking back at it it wouldn't really make sense let alone fit in the entire way the anime's adaption is trying to go for. That would also be one of the biggest asspulls in recent time for anime for now.

Yes that would make sense.

The problem with an adaptation is the tight time frame to work with. 25 minutes over 14 episodes, you are going to have sacrifice some plot.

The producers shouldn't push things and let the anime stand on its own.
Mar 30, 2018 8:30 PM
Jul 2018
tabernac said:
Wasshio said:

Yes that would make sense.

The problem with an adaptation is the tight time frame to work with. 25 minutes over 14 episodes, you are going to have sacrifice some plot.

The producers shouldn't push things and let the anime stand on its own.

Yea and that's probably an issue nobody is actually seeing here.

Its limited so you kinda need to arrange stuff in order for it to fit.
Mar 31, 2018 1:17 AM

May 2016
Please don't let anyone else die, I don't want to feel sadness again. 5/5
Mar 31, 2018 2:59 AM
Sep 2016
OK.. The writing is really weak when it tries to be a gritty war story...just go back to the feels before it ends as a trainwreck
1.1.Six
Mar 31, 2018 3:01 AM
Sep 2016
GreenEmu said:
Afezeria said:
Thread is full of salty LN readers as usual.

People who haven't read it wouldn't understand... Ignorance is bliss after all
1.1.Six
Mar 31, 2018 3:07 AM
Sep 2016
MetaThPr4h said:
Not sure who was more against killing there, Violet or all the enemies that had a chance to kill her but either did nothing or tried to execute her with a sword because why not, ughh...

Stop reading my mind
1.1.Six
Mar 31, 2018 5:18 AM

Mar 2014
That was an intense showdown at the top of the train. I am willing to suspend my disbelief during the fights lol after all this happened in the last episode too. I am interested in how this situation is going to diffuse. Not as good as the other episodes but I understand that it must have been important for the plot.
Mar 31, 2018 6:32 AM

Nov 2014
It seems like the enemies are so stupid that they don't know how guns work, I may be wrong but I think they only managed to fire two shots this entire episode, does anyone really believe they were desperate insurgents willing to do anything to reclaim their people and homeland?
The rest of the episode was spent with Violet and Bougainvillea holding deep philosophical arguments about the importance of personal agency and what it means to be human in the middle of an apparently tense assault.
There was really no urgency here to the point where the whole thing came off as comical, a second after the assault ended they were back to arguing about their emotional trauma's without taking a second to breathe.
Everyone in this episode was stupid and no one acted like a human.
Forum Signature
Mar 31, 2018 6:37 AM

Feb 2018
Nice episode, although seeing the faces of her comrades and recognizing them from the aircraft was pretty ridiculous.
All that's left to do is to see what will happen in the finale.
Mar 31, 2018 10:34 AM

Mar 2016
The enemies try to keep it quite guys, their guns are loud.

Tarotist said:
Now we know that KyoAni is among the top studios when it comes to animation...but this?
I like this, and her groan kinda sexy.
kikiabdullMar 31, 2018 12:45 PM
Mar 31, 2018 2:47 PM

Dec 2010
As much as I like the anime thus far, Ep. 12 only gets a 4/5 for me.
It feels too rushed. The maps, the hijacking plan, the nature of the war etc.

Logic feels like it is missing in this episode - why ask a Navy officer Dietfried to lead a surface operation?

While I liked Violet's pacifism nature that is enforced in the anime, her portrayal here is nowhere near what is the infamous "battle maiden of Leidenschaftlich" that terrified both the Leidenschaftlich Army and its foes during the Great war. She was a one-man war machine, but she just looks helpless in this particular instance. The fact the soldiers charged her on the train
feels extremely forced.

This is probably the first episode that I have to admit I wasn't too big a fan of. While the prior episodes I was fine with KyoAni changing the script, I felt they changed too much & tried to force too much content & mashed them together hoping it fits the narrative. Honestly it didn't.
Mar 31, 2018 5:09 PM

Sep 2011
Ugh, after the previous lackluster and rushed episode now we have stupid army guys all around :/ Apparently the captain's people are so stupid that they don't even try to be careful and check their own members on the train before leaving the station. Then we have the enemies who don't try to shoot Violet who they KNOW is quite impressive at hand-to-hand combat and others types as well... Okay.
I was pretty happy with everything up until the previous episode... Why ruin it now like this? :S
Mar 31, 2018 7:58 PM

Aug 2015
i don't i've seen more annoying episode discussions than in this show. filled with people nit picking tiny things and light novel spoilers
Mar 31, 2018 8:14 PM
Nov 2017
Not contributing much in the deep discussion sense but... DID SHE JUST PUNCH AN EXPLOSIVE OUT OF THE AIR?!?! W H A T
Apr 1, 2018 12:51 AM
Mar 2016
hmmm i think i can give some conclusion
Violet Evergarden Anime is really good for story telling about another character (Client)
but Very Suck when story telling about own MC, eps 1 and now eps 12
honestly feel like a fail episode with a lot potential they have
Apr 1, 2018 3:03 AM
Jun 2017
Major Older brother sure hates violet so much, that he only looks at her as a doll that caused his younger brother's death...

*im so excited about the finale episode next week!!! What will happen on it?
Apr 1, 2018 7:03 AM

Dec 2015
We get violet fighting in the last few episode which is nice to see
I just wonder why the soldier didnt shoot, its a gun or a toy they got?
Violet doesnt want to kill , well you dont need to kill them just immobilize them either by shooting the leg or something , you cant fight that many man without hurting them a bit
Apr 1, 2018 2:39 PM

Jan 2014
Stark700 said:
I'm curious to see how they will wrap this up.

Guessing both Diethard, Merkulov, and perhaps even Isidor if he still lives, will be shocked and moved upon seeing Violet's silversteel prosthethics. Then they will either stand down, or one will falter (probably Merkulov), only to be killed by the other.

Burguburu said:
Slim_Lamie said:
It was just annoying that the soldiers didn't even try to shoot Violet. They were just trying to kill her using their bayonets

The same scene ocurred in the episode 9 and i think that nobody said something besides me! :(

It was an infiltration op. so they might not have wanted to risk startling any of the other people still left on the train at this point. Also, trying to hit a moving target at close range, on a moving train, while you are also on a moving train, at night, using bolt action rifles, in a tunnel, without hearing protection,.. is difficult to say the least. Ganging up on her using bayonets is safer, more effective, and more discreet.

LukesYGO_WSonYT said:
I think I understand why Diethard doesn't like Violet much, its because of his brother''s death, right at the end there he nearly broke down taking about the loss of Gilbert.

Let's also not forget that he gave her to Gilbert as a weapon. He probably blames himself more than he blames her, and he obviously cares for her as the recipient of his brother's affection too.

I like his character. At first glance he's a straight up douche, but there's another layer to it. It reminds me of Gunslinger Girl.

Massive Gunslinger Girl Spoilers:

Lucident said:
(...) ever since Gilbert has been confirmed dead,..

My inner Agatha Christie says: 'no body, no confirmation'.
LaionidasApr 1, 2018 2:45 PM
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Apr 1, 2018 3:13 PM
Mar 2018
Pfft. I'm not even scared from that cliffhanger. Still AMAZING SHOW
Apr 1, 2018 4:10 PM
Jul 2010
Fuck off, every single one of you that have been spoiling the one big thing the rest of us have been looking forward to know about, without using the spoiler tag. Fucking idiots.
Apr 1, 2018 4:10 PM

May 2015
All you had to do was follow the damn train cj!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Violet Evergarden Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2018

617 by AMazingWay »»
Apr 22, 5:27 PM

Poll: » Violet Evergarden Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2018

244 by _Anime-Lover-44_ »»
Apr 15, 1:02 AM

Poll: » Violet Evergarden Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 17, 2018

422 by TabbyPog »»
Apr 5, 2:36 PM

» Do you love Violet Evergarden? ( 1 2 )

Stacias - Jul 19, 2022

90 by Zarutaku »»
Apr 5, 4:41 AM

Poll: » Violet Evergarden Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2018

239 by AdrianRawr »»
Mar 30, 6:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.