Forum Settings
Forums
Mar 27, 2018 12:12 PM
Hi, first post after using this site for 2 years. woo!

So, on top of using MAL to track anime, when I'm done with a show, I like to give it a couple lines in review or synopsis. This is so when I have friends that are like, "I don't know what to watch." I can link them to my anime list, and they get my ratings plus some comments about what the shows about, or why it might be good. Peep my list if you're curious what I mean by that.

Currently, the best way to do this is in the tag section because it's visible.
Not sure why, but the Comment field is buried under "more" and there's no way to change this, I tried, there's no option to have the comments field shown.
And when you go to someone elses list, you actually cant see their comments either, just yours, So you just see someones rating with zero context.

Can this be a thing? I don't want to write full on review shows, just some notes to guide those that want to know at a glace what I thought about something.

Also it would be very nice to be able to access and edit Comments through the MAL app. Currently I use "Pocket MAL" on android because it lets me edit tags vs MAL official which doesn't even let me do that.

Does anyone else use MAL like this? using Tag's for micro reviews vs what it's actually designed for?

Mar 27, 2018 12:16 PM

They should add the comment field like this image

Which would help a lot as than we could use comments and not tags which is used for wrong purposes.

I don't do it personally but I have seen people do it.

Mar 27, 2018 12:35 PM
yup, that's exactly what I want.

Mar 27, 2018 3:39 PM

KonkaBass said:
Hi, first post after using this site for 2 years. woo!

So, on top of using MAL to track anime, when I'm done with a show, I like to give it a couple lines in review or synopsis. This is so when I have friends that are like, "I don't know what to watch." I can link them to my anime list, and they get my ratings plus some comments about what the shows about, or why it might be good. Peep my list if you're curious what I mean by that.

Currently, the best way to do this is in the tag section because it's visible.
Not sure why, but the Comment field is buried under "more" and there's no way to change this, I tried, there's no option to have the comments field shown.
And when you go to someone elses list, you actually cant see their comments either, just yours, So you just see someones rating with zero context.

Can this be a thing? I don't want to write full on review shows, just some notes to guide those that want to know at a glace what I thought about something.

Also it would be very nice to be able to access and edit Comments through the MAL app. Currently I use "Pocket MAL" on android because it lets me edit tags vs MAL official which doesn't even let me do that.

Does anyone else use MAL like this? using Tag's for micro reviews vs what it's actually designed for?

I know what you mean, and yes it would be nice if comments were a visible field on someones list.

Due to it not being available as such on here, most people use the 'comments' section as just small short notes to themself - if they use it at all (I don't).

They use the 'tags' section as a replacement to comments since it can be visible, which I see you're already aware of.

As of right now, no matter what you try you cannot get the comments section visible as you're talking about.

But I like the suggestion, so you have my vote.

Mar 28, 2018 1:19 AM

By now I've seen many people who use the tag section for small reviews or personal comments. I also like to add thoughts there, like things I enjoyed or disliked about the anime/manga.
I would definitely like to see a separate comment section, but I don't think this will happen anytime soon. There are so many other things that should have a much higher priority to get changed or fixed :/

Mar 28, 2018 1:41 AM
Lala Deviluke❤️

Well, you could use the blog feature too for "micro" reviews....