Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Overlord (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Mar 27, 2018 4:09 PM
Jun 2017
ExcelsiorUA said:

It'll become systematic, as I see :)

IMO, Ainz isn't good at planning, but he has good sense on what to do in situations they encounter. Also, luck is on his side to have so loyal subordinates.

True to a point... Luck/Fate (author's intentions) are on his side,in spades lol.
Ainz is trying ,in his way,to teach his friend's children to be not so blindly loyal.

Edit: If you are D&D fan an or a WoW player, I highly recommend reading the novel and the other source material.As is typical,a good part of the story is being left out of the adaptation.
NordhammerMar 27, 2018 4:41 PM
Mar 27, 2018 4:22 PM
Mar 2018
Nordhammer said:

If you are D&D fan an or a WoW players, I highly recommend reading the novel and the other source material.As is typical a good part of the story is being left out of the adaptation.

Surely, novel will do great to understand substance.
I'll buy japanese version after this season ends.
Mar 27, 2018 4:25 PM

Mar 2018
10 out of 10 even though it got me really confused. Gotta read the manga I guess...
Mar 27, 2018 4:30 PM
May 2015
So... Season 3?
It feels like Season 2 will end as cliffhanger. :/
Mar 27, 2018 4:37 PM

Dec 2016
Ainz/Momonga, all the girls want him lol, even Evil Eye.

Ah so it was part of the plan after all to have Momonga fight Demiurge.

Kick to the groin, that always works.

No surprise that Sebas defeated Zero easily like the others.

I see so Lakyus can resurrect those 2 sometime, a handy spell to have.

Wow that is some face the princess made at the end.
Mar 27, 2018 4:38 PM
Jun 2017
StasaTank said:
So... Season 3?
It feels like Season 2 will end as cliffhanger. :/

Of course to prove me wrong they could suddenly go anime original lol....But no,the season will conclude with the end of the 6th volume,so no cliffhanger.

Smart money would be on no season 3.

Mar 27, 2018 4:43 PM
Jun 2017
ExcelsiorUA said:

Surely, novel will do great to understand substance.
I'll buy japanese version after this season ends.

I buy the Japanese releases (for any extra goodies) and read the translations :).
Mar 27, 2018 4:45 PM

Feb 2018
So now Evileye has been added to my list of

Also does no one from Nazarick have a resurrection spell? Ain’t seemed surprise there was such a spell out there.

My name is not Bai nor do I have a Big Wang!!
Mar 27, 2018 4:48 PM

May 2017
For some reason i thought of doki doki literature club when i saw renner smiling (or whatever you call that) at the end
Yes No Maybe
Mar 27, 2018 4:49 PM

Aug 2016
I was not expecting Sebas to finish Zero like that XD

Set by SenpieX
Mar 27, 2018 4:58 PM

Oct 2017
“Just slightly stronger” yeah right Sebas.
Again with the Yandere princess
Mar 27, 2018 4:59 PM

Apr 2008
BigWangBai said:

Also does no one from Nazarick have a resurrection spell? Ain’t seemed surprise there was such a spell out there.

It's more that he's surprprised someone from teh new world can use a resurrection spell
Mar 27, 2018 4:59 PM

Aug 2014
well that was a boring episode..
Mar 27, 2018 5:01 PM

Oct 2017
CheezWhizLuis said:

Narberal's smile makes your heart race.

Renner's makes it stop.

Yeah, no kidding.
Mar 27, 2018 5:19 PM
Jul 2017
Judgment526 said:
Uhm...is it just me or did Evileye do a complete 180 from the previous episode?

While there's obviously a vast power difference between her and Demiurge, she at least made an attempt to put up a fight and had a dignified presence last episode, whereas in this episode she suddenly becomes a fawning fangirl who can only cower in fear when Demiurge attacks? Wut? Like geez, at least make an attempt to avoid the attack or something!
she has near 0 mana and with demiurge's power what exactly can she do
Mar 27, 2018 5:20 PM
Jul 2017
BigWangBai said:

Ainz himself has a ressurection wand,he just didn't expect the NW to have it considering how low their tier magic usually is
Mar 27, 2018 5:24 PM

Apr 2008
Zhexal said:
Sebas vs Zero was really disappointing, but well....expected, i guess? :D

Harem: +1, Evileye is a fine Addition to the Harem
Princess Renner tho....can't wait for Climb to find out the truth

Only 1EP left? Where is S3, Madhouse?! NEED IT ASAP

Not like Climb stands a chance against his monstrous savior anyway
Mar 27, 2018 5:27 PM

Apr 2015
kinda dislike this episode,even though the chapter in LN is one of my fav,i can't believe this vol 6 will only have 4 episodes
Mar 27, 2018 6:25 PM
Mar 2018
Well, given I know the novel's background, this episode was actually decent. If only all the 11 episodes before this one had been as good, I might have been able to fully enjoy this season.

Good stuff:

1. In the novel, I had a hard time thinking of Evil Eye as anything other than a horribly old undead creature which quixotically decides to act like a young girl. However, this is partly fixed by the anime as she has a decent voice actor who is able to evoke that kind of feel.

Second, Sebas's entry and then crushing of the head of the opponent knights was very nice and Sebas had that wonderful line: "I was only a -tiny- -tiny- bit stronger" which was quite awesome to see.

Third, finally Momon's facade is revealed to be its usual "I don't know what my subordinates are doing" kind of thing. First time this season we get to see that.

Can't be sure, but I think the animation and sound were delivered better in this episode.

Weak points:
A bit rushed, even in this one. The pace was almost good until last five minutes or so. It just seemed slightly jarring and a slow close instead of kind of climax cliffhanger high.
They keep trying to quixotically focus on Renner's evil face as if it was actually going to lead to some big plot point

-rifando
rifandoMar 27, 2018 6:29 PM
Mar 27, 2018 6:46 PM

Nov 2017
el_morris said:
Well, Sebas (with some help) wiped out the house and rescued the girl, he surely deserves the 'employee of the month' award. Princess is more crazy than I thought, cannot wait for the last episode.

Sorry,"employee of the month"?
More like "employee of the lifetime"-since he damn well owned Zero,saved the girl,and said"that was a close call,it would seem that I was just the slightest bit stronger though" as if it was the most natural thing in the world.
I don't care what anyone says,Sebas is the MAN!
On a side note,the interaction with Evileye and Momon was hilarious.
All in all,a damn fine episode.
Mar 27, 2018 7:07 PM

Feb 2018
Ok I understand now thanks for you both replying. I figured someone or something like maybe a World Item would have the resurrection ability in Nazarick.

Mar 27, 2018 7:16 PM

Apr 2008
BigWangBai said:
Ok I understand now thanks for you both replying. I figured someone or something like maybe a World Item would have the resurrection ability in Nazarick.

Ainz has a wand of resurrection he mentions back in episode 2. That is not a world item. It's a regular one
Mar 27, 2018 7:22 PM

Feb 2018
Darklight0303 said:
BigWangBai said:

Ainz has a wand of resurrection he mentions back in episode 2. That is not a world item. It's a regular one

Guess I should have re watched the first season before the second lol. It’s not the staff he usually carries right! It’s been a while since I’ve seen the first season. I was thinking it showed the spine looking staff during the part when they resurrect Shalltear. But I’m probably misremembering things.

Mar 27, 2018 7:23 PM

Jun 2012
Can someone quote me with a spoiler tag and tell me if Demiurge dies.

Obviously this is staged for Ains to look stronger and gain reputation. Especially since the wall of flame does nothing.

And yeah I'm confused like many others. The action of this Anime is unmatched but you can also wonder why it's so rushed? You'd think this Anime is so insanely funded that they could make a 24 episode season.. Cause like there's literally SO SO many "?'s". And Madhouse isn't exactly known for making a 2nd season let alone 3 lmao.

And the lizard arc was SOOoooOoo pointless holy shit.

Anime is absolutely amazing regardless due to the characters and action.
SasoraMar 27, 2018 7:29 PM
Mar 27, 2018 7:27 PM

Apr 2008
BigWangBai said:
Darklight0303 said:

Guess I should have re watched the first season before the second lol. It’s not the staff he usually carries right! It’s been a while since I’ve seen the first season. I was thinking it showed the spine looking staff during the part when they resurrect Shalltear. But I’m probably misremembering things.

No it's a literal wand you see up his sleeve as he watches the vilagers mourn their dead after the fake knight raid
Mar 27, 2018 7:31 PM

Feb 2018
Darklight0303 said:
BigWangBai said:

No it's a literal wand you see up his sleeve as he watches the vilagers mourn their dead after the fake knight raid

Ok thanks. You have talked me into re watching the first season again soon kind sir lol.

Mar 27, 2018 7:50 PM

Jan 2013
Gotta love Sebas xD He is so op and handles all the "dangers" so calmly haha
I'm still not sure about what's the plan of Ainz & Demiurge. The same goes for the princess plan.
Ainz almost said Demiruge's name xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Mar 27, 2018 8:18 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Ayyy, Evileye slowly becoming wife material! Overall this was an ok episode and I'm hoping to see Sebas kick some sort of ass one more time, even if it'll be brief like in this episode.
Mar 27, 2018 8:48 PM

Apr 2012
Wouldn't Stronoff realize that Momom is Ains since he would notice Nabe being there.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Mar 27, 2018 9:28 PM

Apr 2011
The two blue rose members died? How did I miss?

Evileye going fangirl mode was amusing. Would like to see her face.

Sebas is one tough butler. Zero's attack was laughable and gave him one kick to the head to kill it. It was funny just kicked Succulent between his legs liked that.

Just one episode left.
Mar 27, 2018 9:51 PM

Mar 2015
I never thought I'd get so attached to Sebas and even his girlfriend. First I thought ugh...why are they showing this lame old man, show Ainz! Then he grew on me and whenever he's on screen, it's like, THE GENTLEMAN BAD ASS IS HERE! IT'S TIME TO PUT THE FOOT DOWN!

I seriously forgot all about everything except for Sebas and his new very young waifu. She's one lucky girl!

Brain was a fun addition too I think. Climb and especially the blonde squad bored me to tears though. Evileye shocked me with her cuteness though..grew on me fast. Too bad only one more episode is left before she develops. :(

Mar 27, 2018 10:37 PM

Apr 2017
Finally got to Evileye fawning over Ainz, and I have to say, with the voice acting it's even better than in the novels, love it.
cunnysseur
Mar 27, 2018 10:44 PM
Jan 2015
Good episode, Evil eye fangirling over Ainz was hilarious and adorable, Sebas taking out the trash Zero was great, and Princes Renner's Yandere face at the end was awesome.
My Queens

Mar 27, 2018 11:37 PM

Apr 2013
Janethan23 said:
Wouldn't Stronoff realize that Momom is Ains since he would notice Nabe being there.

When did Stronoff meet Nabe?
Mar 27, 2018 11:43 PM

Jan 2016
Yeah, that Yandere Renner scene was priceless.
Mar 28, 2018 1:11 AM

May 2016
Just when it gets good it has to end damn it only one week left.
Sebas is badass af lmao and that kick was fucking fantastic.

Seems like the Golden Monster (Princess) doesn't trust Momon san and that last smile was pure evil.
Mar 28, 2018 1:44 AM
Oct 2015
The part where Evil eye was fan Girling Momon was cute <3
I'm sort of confused what Ainz is trying to do is he just trying to give those people false hope or something?
Also, I'm planning to start reading the LN, does anyone know where to continue off?
TheHeckleMar 28, 2018 2:05 AM
Heckle was here...
Mar 28, 2018 1:50 AM

Oct 2008
Awesome episode!
Of course Demiuge doesn't know who Momon is so he used a different name Jaldabaoth! I thought the two are acting but not!
LOL at Evileye, immediately fallen also for Momon!
Lord Sebas was extremely badass taking that punch like it was a plaything for him! and a powerful drop kick finisher! such ease!
So human could use resurrection magic! I thought those 2 are really goners when Demiurge killed them...temporarily!?
wow! wall of fire (flame of Gehenna) but they said it was an illusion
Looks like Climb is no good within the care of Psycho princess Lenner!
5/5.
MYTH & ROID full ED was great!

Mar 28, 2018 1:51 AM

Jan 2014
Can anybody tell me what's happening here, Ainz now in momon form want to get more pouplar and he's setting this up or what's his plan again? Why they pulled Fire wall and army with them i don't get it, their mission was to anhilate 8 fingers yes?
Mar 28, 2018 2:26 AM

Jul 2012
Good episode overall, not what I would call that much of a rushed adaptation either, compared to the disastrous previous examples we had in this season. Nice entertaining stuff. 4/5
Mar 28, 2018 2:59 AM
Jul 2017
TheHeckle said:
The part where Evil eye was fan Girling Momon was cute <3
I'm sort of confused what Ainz is trying to do is he just trying to give those people false hope or something?
Also, I'm planning to start reading the LN, does anyone know where to continue off?
start from volume 1 if possible,or at least from volume 5 to see "Men in The Kingdom' without it being rushed
Mar 28, 2018 3:15 AM

Jun 2010
I was much hyped for Momon V Demi..er.. Jaldaboah or whatever... but the fight itself was pretty anti-climatic... kind of expected more out of it (going by the OP as well) but again it felt cheap animation-wise and reduced to yet another quick melee which we seem to get alot of this season. Alot of teasing and then the fights shit lol.

The ep seem to focused more on Evileye fan-girling which felt pretty weird and cringey as she only really just met Momon. Pretty meh first part of the episode imo.. but then again after the Entoma episode it was going to be hard to top that one in quality.

That's probably the only gripe so far I've had about this season.. its very inconsistent in quality. They have had 1 or 2 good episodes that feels like they spent money on, then the rest.. cheaped out on everything. Very disjointed feeling and even though I stopped reading the LN before this arc, you can tell it feels rushed or something is missing.

I love Overlord franchise but as we approach the finale of this season it is leaving me with a feeling of disappointment... and I keep thinking the show could've been so much more than what we got here. The story arcs are decent, but presentation-wise has been quite shit tbh.
WallenwhatsitMar 28, 2018 3:30 AM

Mar 28, 2018 3:26 AM

Jan 2013
Yuno approved to the princess. killing their lovers XD
Mar 28, 2018 4:10 AM
Oct 2007
What a farce ... At this point, I am no longer sure that I like this arc more than the lizard part ...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 28, 2018 4:11 AM
Sep 2016
Start with volume 1.
Dudufranchi said:
Guys, please..... can I start read the LN after this season? Wich volume Must i start?
Mar 28, 2018 4:16 AM
Sep 2016
Lol the manga is behind the anime.
Ekaen said:
10 out of 10 even though it got me really confused. Gotta read the manga I guess...
Mar 28, 2018 5:16 AM
Aug 2016
i can hear nadeshiko's voice in this ep lel
Mar 28, 2018 5:33 AM
Jun 2017

And yeah I'm confused like many others. The action of this Anime is unmatched but you can also wonder why it's so rushed?

This season adapted 3 volumes(4th,5th & 6th)of the light novel into 13 episodes.Time constraints dictate the pacing for the most part,and that leads to the standard rushed pacing for the bulk of LN adaptations.

You'd think this Anime is so insanely funded that they could make a 24 episode season

Given the quality of the animation, I would argue that this season is hardly that well funded,Violet Evergarden,for example,is what a well funded LN adaptation not only looks like but directed & written.

Anime is absolutely amazing regardless due to the characters and action.

And the lizard arc was SOOoooOoo pointless holy shit.
Can someone quote me with a spoiler tag and tell me if Demiurge dies.
Obviously this is staged for Ains to look stronger and gain reputation. Especially since the wall of flame does nothing.

This season has been a standard,fairly mediocre,light novel adaptation meant to sell the light novel and other merchandise.

You say the anime is amazing yet you feel the first arc is pointless,not going argue like or dislike, but there are several points to the first arc story.

Though I feel the anime itself is,again, mediocre,the adaption has the dialogue,visual and audio cues to make asking "does Demiurge die?"rather funny (apologies for coming off snarky).

Ainz has stumbled into Demiurge's plot to takeover the Eight Fingers criminal organization,and as per usual, bluffing/ad libbing his way through.

Keep in mind Demiurge and Albedo have created Nazarick's plan to conquer to currently know nations,this season has been showing the initial steps of this plan.

Do not count on seeing Nazarick step out onto the New World's stage being adapted (the 9th volume).

NordhammerMar 28, 2018 5:37 AM
Mar 28, 2018 5:47 AM

Jul 2015
Evileye is adorable. And were now preparing for the final battle, looking forward to that.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Mar 28, 2018 6:11 AM

Mar 2011
Soooo they decided to handle lizard arc carefully then rush this arc...what a genius move for the staff!!!

Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Overlord II Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2018

197 by RayousSR »»
Yesterday, 4:57 AM

Poll: » Overlord II Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2018

254 by WienGirl »»
Apr 21, 4:17 AM

Poll: » Overlord II Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 27, 2018

174 by Matheus050 »»
Feb 25, 9:36 AM

Poll: » Overlord II Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2018

354 by BlueSnow93 »»
Feb 11, 5:11 PM

Poll: » Overlord II Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 6, 2018

206 by BlueSnow93 »»
Feb 11, 2:15 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.