Forum Settings
Forums

Worse than worst anime. Thoughts, anyone? Rating 0 on an anime.

New
Mar 26, 2018 9:56 PM
Review Moderator
Life is strange.

Jun 2017
These kind of anime really is one of the most annoying things. Sometimes, there are anime which are very popular, yet to many of the anime elitists and critics out there treat it as garbage in many aspects—art, sound, characters, and even PLOT.

Even with the garbage, I know that many still give ratings of 1-5, for the sake of rating. And now, I know that it might not be actually concerning me, for I rate everything in my list as 10.

However, even if that I rate everything 10, it doesn't mean that I don't hate an anime. While I admit that I do not add anime that I rate less than 10 in my list, I rate anime such as gangbang hentai and gore such as that. However, one day, there is this anime that I watched that I was so disappointed, that I felt that I would like—no that's an understatement—that I WOULD REALLY rate 0. Now, I know that many of us has experienced these kind of things. Care to share them?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 26, 2018 10:01 PM

Oct 2015
Mhhh, mention of elitists and popular anime again I see, I see.

This is one of the worst shit you can ever watch from any medium available.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/28791/Gunslinger_Stratos__The_Animation?q=gunsl

𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔫𝔞 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠𝔥 𝔶𝔬𝔲,
𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔱𝔦𝔫' 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱𝔥 𝔞𝔩𝔩 𝔪𝔶 𝔪𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱

Mar 26, 2018 10:02 PM

Apr 2017
What is an elitist, never heard of it
Mar 26, 2018 10:17 PM

Apr 2015
No such thing. It's simply the worst. I'd give it the 1. Lock it up
Mar 26, 2018 10:48 PM

May 2009
I'd like to see a 0 rating just so that it's a proper 0 to 10 system with a midpoint of 5.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Mar 26, 2018 10:48 PM
Review Moderator
Life is strange.

Jun 2017
Spades said:

A person who believes that they are superior to others (and thus deserve favored status) because of their intellect, social status, wealth, or other factors. (Source: urban dictionary)

In my opinion, anime elitists are anime critics that rate anime very carefully—to the point that they can point out EVERY MISTAKE an anime has. It's somewhat synonymous to perfectionist. But that's what I think it is—someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Mar 26, 2018 10:51 PM
Review Moderator
Life is strange.

Jun 2017
GlennMagusHarvey said:
I'd like to see a 0 rating just so that it's a proper 0 to 10 system with a midpoint of 5.
You know what? I do, too. There are times that I want to rate 0 because of a certain anime's quality. T-T
Mar 26, 2018 10:54 PM
Review Moderator
Life is strange.

Jun 2017
-Lofn- said:
Mhhh, mention of elitists and popular anime again I see, I see.

This is one of the worst shit you can ever watch from any medium available.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/28791/Gunslinger_Stratos__The_Animation?q=gunsl
TRUE, TRUE, and another TRUE. These kinds of topics are common, because many people are interested in this, if I may think so. And also—I read the reviews for that one. With a score of 6.xx, it should be too bad, right? Well, let's leave them to the people's judgement. Also, nice to meet a fellow lolicon. LOL.
Mar 26, 2018 10:59 PM

Nov 2015
Most anime have some redeeming quality, at least a palette of colors, so it would be hard to rate an anime I have seen a zero. I will say Panzer Dragoon, really is bad, very bad.
Mar 26, 2018 11:14 PM

Jan 2017
AlexPaulLEWZ said:
These kind of anime really is one of the most annoying things. Sometimes, there are anime which are very popular, yet to many of the anime elitists and critics out there treat it as garbage in many aspects—art, sound, characters, and even PLOT.

Even with the garbage, I know that many still give ratings of 1-5, for the sake of rating. And now, I know that it might not be actually concerning me, for I rate everything in my list as 10.

However, even if that I rate everything 10, it doesn't mean that I don't hate an anime. While I admit that I do not add anime that I rate less than 10 in my list, I rate anime such as gangbang hentai and gore such as that. However, one day, there is this anime that I watched that I was so disappointed, that I felt that I would like—no that's an understatement—that I WOULD REALLY rate 0. Now, I know that many of us has experienced these kind of things. Care to share them?

The fact that you gave Pupa and Shitcom a 10/10 astounds me. What's the point of even rating the anime in your list if you just give everything 10/10? Seems like a waste of time to even rate them if I picture myself from your point of view.

Mar 26, 2018 11:19 PM

Apr 2017
AlexPaulLEWZ said:
Spades said:

A person who believes that they are superior to others (and thus deserve favored status) because of their intellect, social status, wealth, or other factors. (Source: urban dictionary)

In my opinion, anime elitists are anime critics that rate anime very carefully—to the point that they can point out EVERY MISTAKE an anime has. It's somewhat synonymous to perfectionist. But that's what I think it is—someone correct me if I'm wrong.

elitism does not exist. Opinions exist. Rating everything a 10 even when you don't like it renders opinions useless
Mar 26, 2018 11:41 PM
Review Moderator
Life is strange.

Jun 2017
Spades said:
AlexPaulLEWZ said:

elitism does not exist. Opinions exist. Rating everything a 10 even when you don't like it renders opinions useless
Well, you do have a point/ Actually, all the anime I rate 10 is the ones I like. I don't add anime I'd rate 0 on my list, hahaha.
Mar 26, 2018 11:47 PM

Jul 2016
I find this intriguing. But I do not think it would be appropriate to rate someone's work as 0/10 regardless of how bad it is? I mean I'd understand not rating a show (as I did to most of my completed anime), and never did the thought of rating a show 0 come to my mind . . . you could always give 1 point for effort, at least (lol)

js'

"If beautiful women don’t celebrate their beauty, the entire human race loses out. Don’t you agree?”—Sonya

ƒ ♥♥
Mar 26, 2018 11:51 PM
osmamthus wine

May 2014
Don't look up Utsu Musume Sayori.

Don't do it.

It never should have existed.

Mar 26, 2018 11:51 PM

Aug 2014
You do realise those number actually something.
0 basically is nothing.
It's not even there, it's not even exist.
That's why 1 is better than 0.

Since scoring is based on everyone standard but in actual fact rarely stuff goes below 5.

That's why it's uncommon to see anime had score below 5 which is "average" and might liked by few people.
Meanwhile 6-9 literally enjoyable on some to most of people.
It's simple as that.

So yeah 0 basically a retarded number.
You basically doesn't appreciate their works but still bother to watch it and shit on their works.
Unless they shit on your face first then go ahead give it 0, i doubt any anime actually did that.
Mar 26, 2018 11:53 PM

Aug 2014
AlexPaulLEWZ said:
Spades said:

Nvm i thought it's abit of serious discussion,
I forgot to check some reply because OP is already degenerated.
Mar 27, 2018 12:08 AM

Apr 2015
I mean, does hentai count?

There are certainly some hentai that I would rate with a zero (Scat hentai comes to mind). Otherwise I don't think I've ever come accross an anime worth a 0?

Not even this one?

Mar 27, 2018 12:09 AM
Captain Eyepatch

Dec 2015
OfLove111 said:

Don't do it.

I guess you haven't seen Boku no Pico yet? That is far worse.

Utsu Musume Sayori is atleast somewhat funny, unlike Boku no Pico.

I still need to complete the Boku no Pico trilogy... but I'm not sure if it is worth the award.
Mar 27, 2018 2:56 AM

Feb 2013
all sorts of non-anime that shouldnt even be in the database, like fate zero cafe, mariaholic special, "manner movies" or that april fools trailer
Mar 27, 2018 3:02 AM

Jul 2015
Rezero /nisekoi /toradora /food wars/oreimo/ zero no tsukaima....

Those definitely deserve a -9999/10
tragedydesuMar 27, 2018 3:06 AM
Mar 27, 2018 3:06 AM

Sep 2017
There is no worse anime than Zero no Tsukaima, I completed 4 seasons of that shit just to shit on it. I've never hated an anime so much before.
Edward Elric > your waifu

Mar 27, 2018 3:17 AM

Oct 2012
AlexPaulLEWZ said:
Spades said:

Elitism is simply the belief that there is an elite. That there are those who deserve favored status (as you put it). In the anime community being an elitist often implies that "the elitist" considers themselves a part of the elite. This often equates to a few things. An elitist might think that they are elite and their opinion is better than other peoples because they:

1) Have seen way too much anime. This one holds some truth to it, because the more anime you have seen the more knowledgeable about the medium you generally are and the better you are able to judge and critique anime. Those who consider themselves elite because of their large lists often discount the opinions of those with small amount of titles/days watched.

2) "Only watch good anime". Those who have seen the best titles the medium has to offer (in their opinion) have seen what the creme de la creme of the medium is and thus they are superior to those who waste their time watching seasonal anime, harem trash and popular less-perfect shows like Mirai Nikki and SAO. This also has some truth to it because the shows this type of elitist watches are generally good shows and the less perfect shows that they call shit are often worse in comparison. The issue comes into play when they criticize others taste or character (usually intelligence) for enjoying "bad shows".

3) Those who have some sort of education in Japanese, Animation, Literature or excessive practice in critiquing. This is the most legitimate form of elitism, and those of us who have the knowledge of Japanese, Animation and Writing should be respected for the opinions on things because they will often notice things that go over the uneducated person's head. Their knowledge should give them a higher status in the community (in my opinion) and thus they are the elite.
jaklefireMar 27, 2018 3:22 AM
Mar 27, 2018 3:33 AM

May 2016
Dinoe said:
OfLove111 said:

Don't do it.

I still need to complete the Boku no Pico trilogy... but I'm not sure if it is worth the award.
I don't see the funny part in Utsu Musume Sayuri. At least Boku no Piko is just shota sex (which is very disgusting), which may be arousing to someone... Utsu Musume Sayuri is creepy and weird in everything it does (sound, animation...) and there is nothing that even the most depraved person would like.

I don't defend Boku no Pico, in fact I hate it, but obviously it's better than Sayuri.
Mar 27, 2018 3:47 AM

Jan 2018
maybe even i was so disappointed, i give them 1.
but my current lowest score is 2 which is so awful and disgusting enough.

兵家
"Green how I want you green. Green wind. Green branches."
Mar 27, 2018 3:17 PM

Apr 2009
I only rate animes at 2 and i never rated a 1 and to be fair i only rated a 2 if the anime that i watched may not be good for me or was just the bad animation or the characters behaviour
Prankster_001Mar 27, 2018 3:20 PM
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Mar 27, 2018 9:33 PM
Review Moderator
Life is strange.

Jun 2017
J_LEE_C said:
AlexPaulLEWZ said:

The fact that you gave Pupa and Shitcom a 10/10 astounds me. What's the point of even rating the anime in your list if you just give everything 10/10? Seems like a waste of time to even rate them if I picture myself from your point of view.
Don't worry. I liked Pupa and Shitcom, so that 10 is honest. :D :D :D :D I know it's weird, so, haha.
Mar 27, 2018 9:35 PM
Review Moderator
Life is strange.

Jun 2017
jaklefire said:
AlexPaulLEWZ said:

Elitism is simply the belief that there is an elite. That there are those who deserve favored status (as you put it). In the anime community being an elitist often implies that "the elitist" considers themselves a part of the elite. This often equates to a few things. An elitist might think that they are elite and their opinion is better than other peoples because they:

1) Have seen way too much anime. This one holds some truth to it, because the more anime you have seen the more knowledgeable about the medium you generally are and the better you are able to judge and critique anime. Those who consider themselves elite because of their large lists often discount the opinions of those with small amount of titles/days watched.

2) "Only watch good anime". Those who have seen the best titles the medium has to offer (in their opinion) have seen what the creme de la creme of the medium is and thus they are superior to those who waste their time watching seasonal anime, harem trash and popular less-perfect shows like Mirai Nikki and SAO. This also has some truth to it because the shows this type of elitist watches are generally good shows and the less perfect shows that they call shit are often worse in comparison. The issue comes into play when they criticize others taste or character (usually intelligence) for enjoying "bad shows".

3) Those who have some sort of education in Japanese, Animation, Literature or excessive practice in critiquing. This is the most legitimate form of elitism, and those of us who have the knowledge of Japanese, Animation and Writing should be respected for the opinions on things because they will often notice things that go over the uneducated person's head. Their knowledge should give them a higher status in the community (in my opinion) and thus they are the elite.
Thank you for the definition! :D :D :D I can use this one.
Mar 27, 2018 9:36 PM
Review Moderator
Life is strange.

Jun 2017
Guilion said:
I mean, does hentai count?

There are certainly some hentai that I would rate with a zero (Scat hentai comes to mind). Otherwise I don't think I've ever come accross an anime worth a 0?

Not even this one?

YES! I THERE ARE HENTAI THAT I REALLY WANT TO GIVE A NEGATIVE SCORE FOR MISCONCEPTION, like Zutto Suki Datta. I hated it so much that it drove me to start this thread, haha.
Mar 27, 2018 9:39 PM

Jun 2015
Dude, your mean score is 10. What the fuck are you complaining about?
Mar 27, 2018 9:41 PM

Jun 2014
Maison Ikkoku and Urusei Yatsura are the only Anime I've seen that are so bad, they deserve a 0.

I rated them both a 1, because a 0 rating doesn't exist.

Mar 27, 2018 10:39 PM

Jun 2017
If I considered an anime to be sth lower than a 6 I wouldn't watch it or include it in my anime list , it's just a waste of time and don't really know why people punish themselves watching something they don't enjoy but hey! that's not my problem...

Mar 28, 2018 10:29 AM
Mar 2013
tokyo ghoul season 2 deserves a negative score
Mar 28, 2018 10:44 AM

Feb 2017
lowest i've ever rated an anime was 7 because it looked like they invested 5000 yen into its entire 12 episode production lol i rate based on production efforts -the effort of the adaption material, the effort of the illustrators and art, the effort the animation team expends etc etc
アニメ幼女見てるのが楽しい
Mar 28, 2018 7:27 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
SuzuMine-chan said:
Dinoe said:

I don't see the funny part in Utsu Musume Sayuri. At least Boku no Piko is just shota sex (which is very disgusting), which may be arousing to someone... Utsu Musume Sayuri is creepy and weird in everything it does (sound, animation...) and there is nothing that even the most depraved person would like.

I don't defend Boku no Pico, in fact I hate it, but obviously it's better than Sayuri.

both utsu mutsume sayuri and shitcom traumatized me
thinking of these atrocities make me feel disgusted
Mar 28, 2018 7:34 PM

Jun 2011
jaklefire said:
AlexPaulLEWZ said:

What if you believe people who pay for anime are elite and have a tendency to admire vast collections?

What if you don't like Mirai Nikki because it really is incoherent trash and you have never really been a fan of that style of gore (see:elfin lied) but like 80's gore and any anime that imitates 80's gore? And reminding me of my favorite anime in a BAD way is only going to make me hate it more. Characters who display the really "fakey" kind of insane bother me too. But I think that is because I, myself, am mentally ill. It is easy to feel offended by it... and the people who like Yunno sexually.

And I definitely don't watch only good anime... I tend to like 80's schlock fests a lot.... and I have given some hentai 10's because I love them.

And maybe I have taken more than a few classes about film (not animation).... >.> so I admire good direction a lot. My husband who is more into the creative writing side of academics... pretty much hates a lot of anime that aren't porn.

I personally don't think I own enough anime to be elite. Elite people in my world would own a whole wall of anime and 100's of figures.
Energetic-NovaMar 28, 2018 7:46 PM
The anime community in a nutshell.
Mar 28, 2018 7:35 PM
Jul 2015
There are some pet peeves that if I see them in an anime, I will instantly drop it and rate it from 1-4 regardles of it having a score of 9 on MAL and whatnot. In that instance I don't give a crap what do most of the people think about it - I'll rate it according to how much l hate it
Mar 28, 2018 7:43 PM

Aug 2014
a 0 rated anime? I honestly do not believe there is an Anime out there so bad that it deserves a ZERO - and I have watched some of the community most hated series of all time and I still enjoyed them for just their god awfulness to not give them nil points.

For me, if there is an anime worthy of a Zero out there then it has to be a series that isnt bad, isn't good and not even in the middle...it has to be an anime that just isn't on the scale because it is so boring that no one cares about it at all.

Mar 28, 2018 7:46 PM

Feb 2009
It doesn't make sense rating anything a "0" because no one in its perfect state of mind would ever complete a "0". Because that would mean it's not even so bad its good material. So, no, you are not even quantifying it, because there's no value to it. It's zero.
Mar 28, 2018 7:49 PM

Nov 2007
I have never given an anime below a 3/10 so I dunno.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 28, 2018 8:06 PM

Jan 2016
There's no such thing as 0/10 rating in this world.
Mar 28, 2018 8:09 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Wouldn't a 0 rating basically be giving something no score? If anything we should have negative ratings but then people would abuse it by giving -10 to shit they get petty about.
Mar 28, 2018 10:22 PM

Aug 2010
With me, if you complete and ship a project - that effort alone is worth 1 point out of 10.

So I cant rate anything 0/10
But something like Pupa is so sooooooo close to being a 0/10. so close.

Stripes said:
Wouldn't a 0 rating basically be giving something no score? If anything we should have negative ratings but then people would abuse it by giving -10 to shit they get petty about.

i think if something gets a -10 then that means its gone full circle and reached the point of so bad that it's good.
https://combosmooth.itch.io/ - I make free-to-play browser games for PC and I sell pixel art animation here
Mar 28, 2018 10:28 PM

Jun 2011
lunaticsrus said:
With me, if you complete and ship a project - that effort alone is worth 1 point out of 10.

So I cant rate anything 0/10
But something like Pupa is so sooooooo close to being a 0/10. so close.

Stripes said:

i think if something gets a -10 then that means its gone full circle and reached the point of so bad that it's good.
The 1or10 anime genre should be a thing.
The anime community in a nutshell.
Mar 28, 2018 10:31 PM

May 2017
Never have i ever thought of rating something 0 and i never ever will rate something 0.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 28, 2018 10:32 PM

Aug 2016
There needs to be a 0 score. Having "5" as average on MAL scale but not having 0, makes MAL look retarded.
Mar 29, 2018 12:35 AM
Review Moderator
Life is strange.

Jun 2017
vellen said:
tokyo ghoul season 2 deserves a negative score
I feel you—being not faithful to the manga and all, sighs so deeply
Mar 29, 2018 12:37 AM
Review Moderator
Life is strange.

Jun 2017
Brb said:
Dude, your mean score is 10. What the fuck are you complaining about?
No, I am not actually complaining about anything. I just don't add the anime I hate so that my mean remains at 10. But then I saw this anime that I can't even give a 10, a 9, o even a 1, so I'm asking about everyone's experiences like this, so don't worry.
Mar 29, 2018 12:38 AM
Review Moderator
Life is strange.

Jun 2017
leezodne said:
I find this intriguing. But I do not think it would be appropriate to rate someone's work as 0/10 regardless of how bad it is? I mean I'd understand not rating a show (as I did to most of my completed anime), and never did the thought of rating a show 0 come to my mind . . . you could always give 1 point for effort, at least (lol)

js'
True, I know someone will say that eventually—yeah—1 for a wasted effort. Well, some people may have liked it, and I was just carried by my feelings when I watched that anime, hahaha
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Does your first ever favourite anime(s) still holds a place in your favs?

NubFix - 9 hours ago

37 by Tabbs919 »»
44 seconds ago

» Anime you only knowledges about is from the memes

Spunkert - 16 minutes ago

6 by Zarutaku »»
4 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

74 by Coaghim »»
9 minutes ago

» How you feel about non-Japanese entertainment/media using Anime art style?

Dragevard - 10 hours ago

26 by Dauphine »»
19 minutes ago

» Anime that low-testosterone males can't comprehend ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

79 by nyugvo6 »»
25 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.