Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Nov 24, 2020 6:54 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Nice that he won at the end for the finale! (well it was predictable but still heartwarming) overall it's fine for the entertainment I guess, nothing too impressive or outstanding but to laid-back, it's pretty good, 6/10
Dec 4, 2020 12:55 AM

Feb 2018
Good ending, sakura so beautiful... Congrats to keep your title
Jan 31, 2021 4:41 PM

Jan 2021
Overall this was a good anime but I only object that they kinda cut the scene where Yaichi made thigs up for Ginko,, I mean after all that I guess they should at least let him apologize to her! 8/10
Mar 6, 2021 5:35 PM
Jan 2021
BlackstarFallen said:
What a disappointing finale, it felt rushed and didn't get to see Yaichi's apology to Ginko. The shogi match was okay. Not a good show overall. 2/10
They skipped that part because they didn't had much time left to insert that "part" and the author was dissapointed too. But overall if you want to find it then it's one of the final volumes of the light novels :)
May 16, 2021 10:58 AM

Aug 2018
Seek truth in shougi, hm.. Truth in patterns and probability, and stuff, you mean?.. Or what?..
Overall, anime was nice.. Plenty of characters with all kinds of personalities and motives.. With all kinds of wishes.. I liked 2 Ais, Ginko, Keika.. Ika might have some potential for being interesting character too.. But also I feel like all things are ahead.. But also all things really could have happened already as well.. Like take Keika.. She is one of the mains this season for sure.. But what is ahead of her - is also can be many things, in many ways.. Or take Ginko.. She already really made a lot of moves with Yaichi, just that timing was unfortunate.. At this point of time.. I somehow feel that maybe Hinatsuru Ai is more like friendly rival, or shougi comrade.. At this is the future I see of her with Yaichi.. Even if she had more time now with Yaichi it feels, almost living like a wife's life.. I still somehow see her as an intellectual partner in life for Yaicihi.. While Ginko is future love interest.. For some reason it feels to me like this anime is going this direction.. But who knows.. Either way, characters were interesting.. But also feels like they could do more, to be honest.. But well, overall, it feels, stuff is ahead..
Aug 19, 2021 1:30 AM

Jun 2020
Yaichi being able to talk to Ginko very casually now I expect an apology to her very soon

That 4th battle was intense very intense for Yaichi and had the first one conclude to a draw, Onto the next one while taking a break Ginko stepped into the room at the wrong timing Yaichi could've died from that Vase Ginko threatened, The Meijin's face finally after all this time we got a glance at what a god may look like

The ending was surprisingly rushed but it was expected but I was anticipating Yaichi will lose and work his way again to the top that's what I was thinking of, Damn not even an apology damn it I was looking forward to that oh well and that kiss bait was for naught I would love to see a bit more but I guess this concludes it here.

This series was a fun little you can say game how Yaichi tries to prove himself to the world that he deserves such a title the only problem was he just started from the top and maintained it which didn't include much progression but picking up the two Ai's and watching Ginko and Keika's career was making it somewhat enjoyable but the romance just doesn't fit in which I'm sad about that but I enjoyed watching this series.
Nov 23, 2021 9:51 AM

May 2020
Oh big lel, Yaichi apologize to Ginko when? they took it off. To many cut that leave a hole in everystory. This time too, 3 intense battle or 4 that say Yaichi loses 3 times, then he won once. Not so intense which is make it kinda mehh. Also he is don't deserve to get the title 'King of Loli' since he turned down Ai 1st just because he is mad.
Dec 8, 2021 1:35 PM

Nov 2013
So he won against Meijin i guess, i mean, who cares, he said he won, so whatever.
I think that was atrocious shogi anime but not bad loli-harem anime.
I like Ginko and Keika. I wish the anime was about them.
Jun 15, 2022 3:55 PM

Jan 2020
It's insane that this series went out of its way to have so many loli characters, but couldn't even be bothered to give the Meijin a personality. Then, what little was built up about him basically doesn't matter because Kuzu's win was off-screened.

Such an unapologetic loli-loving series. 1/10

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Aug 13, 2022 4:18 AM

Jul 2019
Well, it's over. I wish it would have focused more on the interesting characters (Keika!) and giving Ginko some kind of personality besides angry tsundere (that's how I saw her at least). I also wanted to see more of Tsukiyomizaka and Shakando.
I like Ai's angry ahoge when Ginko interrupts her lap pillow moment.

The best part of this anime was Keika, the cute women with glasses (Oga Sasari and that commenter girl) and the two chuunis (Kannabe and Shakando).

7/10
(I almost wanted to rate it 9/10 after the last sequence when everyone shows up for the flower viewing, because I'm a sucker for those sappy moments but while writing this I "came to my senses" again. :P)

Apr 17, 2023 7:54 AM
Dec 2022
I love the anime as a whole and I'm wishing it hopefully gets another season
Nov 2, 2023 4:32 PM

Dec 2022
Very tense match there, but I was suprised the remaining rounds were just glossed over like that. The Meijin's three victories were briefly shown, but Yaichi's four victories were offscreened? Somewhat strange pacing.

Aside from the slightly rushed ending and romantic themes that never really went anywhere, this anime is great. Most of the characters were thoughtful and interacted with each other on a meaningful level, the girls were very cute, and the shogi matches themselves were interesting for the viewer.

Shaded Horizon

Dec 16, 2023 6:58 PM

Nov 2023
Well I was kidding, Ginko isnt boring!
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ryuuou no Oshigoto! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2018

94 by basspig »»
Feb 27, 9:00 PM

Poll: » Ryuuou no Oshigoto! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2018

68 by WELLERM »»

Poll: » Ryuuou no Oshigoto! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2018

104 by WELLERM »»

Poll: » Ryuuou no Oshigoto! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2018

65 by WELLERM »»

Poll: » Ryuuou no Oshigoto! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2018

62 by WELLERM »»
Dec 16, 2023 6:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.