Forum Settings
Forums

BL Manga 'Ten Count' Gets Anime Adaptation

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Post New Reply
#1
Mar 25, 2018 9:41 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 27486

An anime adaptation of Rihito Takarai's Ten Count boys-love manga was revealed on the wraparound band of its sixth and final volume on Monday.

Synopsis
Corporate secretary Shirotani suffers from obsessive-compulsive disorder. One day he meets Kurose, a therapist who offers to take him through a ten-step program to cure him of his compulsion. As the two go through each of the ten steps, Shirotani 's attraction to his counselor grows. (Source: SuBLime)

The manga ran in Shinshokan's Dear+ magazine from July 2013 to November 2017, and currently has more than two million copies in print. VIZ Media licensed the series in English and published the fifth volume under its SuBLime label last August. The manga has also been published in multiple foreign languages. 6 Lovers, which will include an episode of the series in "in motion" animation, is currently planned to release this summer and is unclear if the new anime announcement would be related to this series.

Source: Nijimen

Ten Count on MAL
Modified by tsubasalover, May 5, 2018 6:16 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
 
#2
Mar 25, 2018 9:49 PM
Master Expander

Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 10741
Therapist! Here comes another one! Bring on the gay!
 
#3
Mar 25, 2018 9:58 PM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 668
there seem to be a lot BL adaptation lately
I guess they realized girls too, want some of that
 
#4
Mar 25, 2018 9:59 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 7
OMG Now this BL series is getting an anime?? When is Don't Be Cruel gonna get one?!
 
#5
Mar 25, 2018 10:02 PM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 621
nahhh won't be good
you can't do this one if it's not in R-18 OVA format and there hasn't been any good OVA done in the medium
too much dick sucking and explicitness for TV format
can't get away with your DEEN Super Lovers stuff here but the other yaoi that got announced looks hard and it will be in TV format so heavy censors incoming
Modified by ahneeme, Mar 25, 2018 10:07 PM
 
#6
Mar 25, 2018 10:11 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 1
i really think this is the year for yaoi at this point. well we shouldn't get too happy cause maybe after this year we wont get another BL for a while. but on a different note does anyone know if it will be a TV anime or an OVA
 
#7
Mar 25, 2018 10:28 PM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 2543
ONLY SHIT WHATS GOING ON HERE. THIS YEAR IS YAOI YEAR I CANT STOP CRYING I LOVE TEN COUNT SO MUCH. I TEARING. IM SO HAPPY.

I DONT KNOW WHAT TO SAY. IM SO HAPPY.

So both Dakaretai and Ten Count sold more than 2 million copies? That’s awesome.

But I think Ten Count sold more than 2 million copies worldwide while Dakaretai sold 2 million copies only in japan right? @tsubasalover
 
#8
Mar 25, 2018 10:38 PM
~ PR Cheerio ~

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 6616
Ohhh this! I've heard good things about Ten Count! and of course I just remembered that I wanted to go and read this manga sooo. Hmm. But hey, nice.
 
#9
Mar 25, 2018 10:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 14271
Like what is even the point of Yaoi in TV ? The only point of Yaoi is in OVAs, its not like fans are watching it for plot, but for explicit scenes.
 
Mar 25, 2018 10:52 PM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 2543
Swagernator said:
Like what is even the point of Yaoi in TV ? The only point of Yaoi is in OVAs, its not like fans are watching it for plot, but for explicit scenes.


Lol, it’s not announced yet. No one knows if it’s going to be a TV or OVA
 
Mar 25, 2018 11:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 27486
Yaoi-Senpai said:
But I think Ten Count sold more than 2 million copies worldwide while Dakaretai sold 2 million copies only in japan right? @tsubasalover
Fixed for Ten Count, but still looking for information on Dakaretai.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
 
Mar 25, 2018 11:12 PM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 2543
tsubasalover said:
Yaoi-Senpai said:
But I think Ten Count sold more than 2 million copies worldwide while Dakaretai sold 2 million copies only in japan right? @tsubasalover
Fixed for Ten Count, but still looking for information on Dakaretai.


I saw it from Ann, not sure from where they saw it. But they linked this link. I can’t read Japanese, maybe they mentioned it over there,
 
Mar 25, 2018 11:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 27486
@Yaoi-Senpai Yeah, it does mention. Dakaretai was not licensed in English, though, so I think it's in Japan.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
 
Mar 25, 2018 11:19 PM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 2543
tsubasalover said:
@Yaoi-Senpai Yeah, it does mention. Dakaretai was not licensed in English, though, so I think it's in Japan.


OMG THATS AWESOME, thanks for the info. Can you mention the sales of Dakaretai [url=https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1716350]here[url] as well? I mean since you already did it for ten Count.

Sorry for disturbance. But I think everyone should know that Dakaretai sold more than 2 million copies in japan.
 
Mar 25, 2018 11:21 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 27486
@Yaoi-Senpai Fixed, but just mention as how it was mentioned officially.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
 
Mar 25, 2018 11:22 PM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 2543
tsubasalover said:
@Yaoi-Senpai Fixed, but just mention as how it was mentioned officially.


Thank you, sorry for disturbance. :)
 
Mar 25, 2018 11:24 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 27486
@Yaoi-Senpai No problem.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
 
Mar 25, 2018 11:38 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 59
BL is love, BL is life~!
can't wait <3
 
Mar 26, 2018 12:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 3567
thank christ anime is saved

looking forward to it
Marie Antoinette is a JoJo
 
Mar 26, 2018 1:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 628
YOOOO is this why 6 lovers keep getting postponed???

I'M PROUD OF SENSEI

 
Mar 26, 2018 1:47 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 242
w-what???? oh my god?????????? we're getting so many yaoi this year???????




 
Mar 26, 2018 1:56 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 353
So it's in addition to the adaption in the 6 Lovers OVA?
So basically two Ten Count adaptions coming? Or is this just a reminder that 6 Lovers is still going to come lol
 
Mar 26, 2018 2:23 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 51
Wow! Best news of the day for me :O I wonder how will it be? And of course voice actors must be same with the drama cd!! I hope 6 lovers also will be aired soon ^^
 
 
Mar 26, 2018 3:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 184
inb4 "STAPH GIVING FUJOSHITS GIVING SO MUCH BAITS YOU DAMN JAPAN THEY'RE RUINING ANIME INDUSTRY!!!!!" by hardcore elitists or ecchi fanboys.

(Not a yaoi fan or whatsoever btw)

 
Mar 26, 2018 4:05 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 21337

Ten Count isn't my favorite work of Takarai's but it's still great that a BL work is receiving an adaptation
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Salman bin Abdul Aziz said:
@Comic_Sans I hate to insult you on forums but you are just a troll so just go kill yourself already bitch
 
Mar 26, 2018 4:11 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 234
What happened to 6 Lovers?
 
Mar 26, 2018 4:17 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 2559
I hope this will be good because we're all waiting for this. Or maybe I am <3
 
Mar 26, 2018 4:52 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 66
Is this even possible to adapt into a TV anime?
They would cut so many scenes out, you wouldn't even get 10 episodes together and also 10count doesn't make sense without the sex.

But after all i'm happy about this Yaoi announcement wave lol
 
Mar 26, 2018 5:05 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 301
omgomgomgomgomg ok im actually scared of how they will adapt it but omg
 
Mar 26, 2018 5:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 317
Im so happy Takarai-sensei is getting recognition for her work!i think it’ll probably focus more on the story/his problems rather than all the sex parts, but im still super excited :D


"those who aren't able to find a more miserable person than themselves turn to the internet and call others losers,even though they've never met"- Satou from nhk
 
Mar 26, 2018 6:58 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 301
Isn't this part of the 6 Lovers OVA? Or is it getting its own adaption instead? I am excited either way!

So far there have been 3 BL anime adaption announcements in like the past week or 2 and I am so hyped! BL season here I come! <3
 
Mar 26, 2018 7:24 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 413
im.. crying... ten count...!!!!!!!!!
i have a love hate relationship with this manga, i love shirotani to bits but kurose's actions are just :"(
still, it's a very good manga (despite the bits i wasn't really satisfied with) and i agree that it'll be censored A LOT.

i don't agree that there'll be absolutely nothing to watch without the sexy bits though, the plot wasn't THAT bad.... O_O i actually quite liked watching shirotani overcome his problems so i hope they'll draw that part out a little... xD
 
Mar 26, 2018 7:56 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 106
seems like japan realized that girls have money too
staring at the ceiling in the dark, same old empty feeling in your heart ๏ปฟ
 
Mar 26, 2018 7:59 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 377
i've read a few chapters of this, and i liked it, so i'll definitely check the anime out!
 
Mar 26, 2018 8:03 AM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 2543
qeesa said:
YOOOO is this why 6 lovers keep getting postponed???

I'M PROUD OF SENSEI


Nope, this news has nothing to do with 6 lovers. Rihito sensei is not the only one who is working for that series.

Phlippy said:
So it's in addition to the adaption in the 6 Lovers OVA?
So basically two Ten Count adaptions coming? Or is this just a reminder that 6 Lovers is still going to come lol


6 lovers and Ten Count anime is different. They are not the same.

ChrollosWaifu said:
What happened to 6 Lovers?


Postponed, they still didn’t start it.

NiklasNya said:
Is this even possible to adapt into a TV anime?
They would cut so many scenes out, you wouldn't even get 10 episodes together and also 10count doesn't make sense without the sex.

But after all i'm happy about this Yaoi announcement wave lol


Yes, it’s possible. I mean in Junjou Romantica S1, Misaki and Usagi were having sex, it was censored. I think Ten Count is going to be the same. I know Ten Count is smutty, tho we need to wait, maybe it’s going to be OVA.

KreemCheez said:
Isn't this part of the 6 Lovers OVA? Or is it getting its own adaption instead? I am excited either way!

So far there have been 3 BL anime adaption announcements in like the past week or 2 and I am so hyped! BL season here I come! <3


It’s getting it’s own series. 6 lovers has nothing to do with it.
 
Mar 26, 2018 8:08 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 86
Not really my kind of manga but I'm interested to see how they adapt this.
 
Mar 26, 2018 8:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 301
Yaoi-Senpai said:
qeesa said:
YOOOO is this why 6 lovers keep getting postponed???

I'M PROUD OF SENSEI


Nope, this news has nothing to do with 6 lovers. Rihito sensei is not the only one who is working for that series.

Phlippy said:
So it's in addition to the adaption in the 6 Lovers OVA?
So basically two Ten Count adaptions coming? Or is this just a reminder that 6 Lovers is still going to come lol


6 lovers and Ten Count anime is different. They are not the same.

ChrollosWaifu said:
What happened to 6 Lovers?


Postponed, they still didn’t start it.

NiklasNya said:
Is this even possible to adapt into a TV anime?
They would cut so many scenes out, you wouldn't even get 10 episodes together and also 10count doesn't make sense without the sex.

But after all i'm happy about this Yaoi announcement wave lol


Yes, it’s possible. I mean in Junjou Romantica S1, Misaki and Usagi were having sex, it was censored. I think Ten Count is going to be the same. I know Ten Count is smutty, tho we need to wait, maybe it’s going to be OVA.

KreemCheez said:
Isn't this part of the 6 Lovers OVA? Or is it getting its own adaption instead? I am excited either way!

So far there have been 3 BL anime adaption announcements in like the past week or 2 and I am so hyped! BL season here I come! <3


It’s getting it’s own series. 6 lovers has nothing to do with it.


Ahhh okay. Thank you for clarifying. <3
 
Mar 26, 2018 9:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 1480
I dropped the manga, but it's great to see another BL get adapted.
็œ ใ‚Œใชใ„ใฎใฏๅ›ใฎใ›ใ„
 
Mar 26, 2018 11:04 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 209
Nice to see some more BL anime adaptations but seeing from the other comments here seems I might want to read the manga instead. Is the manga just straight up porn or something?
 
Mar 26, 2018 11:13 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 73
Bluekirby2 said:
Nice to see some more BL anime adaptations but seeing from the other comments here seems I might want to read the manga instead. Is the manga just straight up porn or something?


someething like that XD
If you like it more "hardcore" and teasing :P (since kurose will tease shirotani aaaaloooot xD)
then read the Manga, because I doubt they will put the scenes in Anime //D since they are just... too much :'D
but... who know '^'
 
Mar 26, 2018 11:18 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 209
Alex-chii said:
Bluekirby2 said:
Nice to see some more BL anime adaptations but seeing from the other comments here seems I might want to read the manga instead. Is the manga just straight up porn or something?


someething like that XD
If you like it more "hardcore" and teasing :P (since kurose will tease shirotani aaaaloooot xD)
then read the Manga, because I doubt they will put the scenes in Anime //D since they are just... too much :'D
but... who know '^'
Thanks for informing me of this because now I must be sure to read this asap
 
Mar 26, 2018 11:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 73
Bluekirby2 said:
Alex-chii said:


someething like that XD
If you like it more "hardcore" and teasing :P (since kurose will tease shirotani aaaaloooot xD)
then read the Manga, because I doubt they will put the scenes in Anime //D since they are just... too much :'D
but... who know '^'
Thanks for informing me of this because now I must be sure to read this asap


have fun? XD

p.s. the first vol is just "introducing" the Charas and shirotanis phobiua and kurose's Idea on how to solve his phobia
(If I remember corrently it were 5 Chapters...)
 
Mar 26, 2018 12:21 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 2064
I'm freaking out right now. What format? I hope not another in-motion.
It's so much torture if no type announced. I suffer and can't keep calm.
 
Mar 26, 2018 12:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 5041
dennyfftl said:
omgomgomgomgomg ok im actually scared of how they will adapt it but omg


SAME scared af but super hyped at the same time ahfhdjssnsns
 
Mar 26, 2018 2:10 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 218
with a year full of good shows and old manga adaption all this stuff was the necessary evil that i will accept
 
Mar 26, 2018 3:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 624
YOU'RE SHEETING ME.

I WAS JUST TALKING AND FANTASIZING ABOUT THIS WITH A FRIEND OF MINE A FEW DAYS AGO.

SEIZON SENRYAKU: Hungry 100% of the time.
Vzla-IT



 
Mar 26, 2018 3:18 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 2064
Yaoi-Senpai said:
Swagernator said:
Like what is even the point of Yaoi in TV ? The only point of Yaoi is in OVAs, its not like fans are watching it for plot, but for explicit scenes.


Lol, it’s not announced yet. No one knows if it’s going to be a TV or OVA

I'm thinking about this like crazy. The anime announcement illustration by sensei has Kurose and Shirotani watching TV. TV anime? Kill me now.
 
Mar 26, 2018 9:53 PM
ๆฐธ้ ใฎ้Š€้ญ‚

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 983
oh lordt yikes this is gonna be gross
like it had nice art but god i hate the plot so much

anime list โˆ˜ profile โˆ˜ manga list
 
Mar 27, 2018 12:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 7315
Eeehh not really a fan of Ten Count, but it's always nice to see more BL get animated.
 
Top
Pages (2) [1] 2 »