Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
GT or Super
Mar 25, 2018 9:44 AM

Nov 2012
Now that Super is over, i'd like to start a discussion thread on what you believe to be objectively better.

From Story Progression, Plot Lines and Arcs, to Character Development, Interaction, and Dialogue. From Animation quality, Art Style, to Character Design. And from Voice Acting, BG Music, Sound Effects, to Foley.. and any other topic you wish to discuss

For any topic you wish to compare, all that I ask is that you provide examples from both shows to avoid subjective bias
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 25, 2018 9:48 AM

Jan 2012
GT. I do not like it so much, but it still had some heartwarming moments and intense action scenes that Super really did not had to me.
How I love a game
Mar 25, 2018 10:02 AM

Dec 2016
They were both mediocre, but GT wins hands down because while it had some things that didn't make much sense or were straight stupid, at least it had no asspulls, no transformations-overload, much better and detailed art throughout all of its run, better music, a LOT of charm, the slice-of-life moments were more enjoyable, ....and obviously the best final episode of any DB installment so far.
Mar 25, 2018 11:23 AM

Aug 2013
Super is way better.

Copy and pasted answer from a previous thread that asked this.

Black and Zamasu are better than all GT villains.

SSJ4 looks cool but it's a weak form compared to super saiyan god. Goku struggled with a building in SSJ4 while he almost destroyed the universe fighting Beerus in super saiyan god.

Super actually has powerful gods instead of only weak kais that sit in fear of every villain and count on Goku to defeat them.

Super had the most and best character development for Vegeta.
Throughout Super Vegeta for the most part kept pace with Goku in power unlike in GT where he was fodder until the final fight with Omega Shenron.

The human z fighters actually fight in Super unlike in GT where they are close to non existent.

Other characters actually fight and defeat opponents in Super unlike in GT where only Goku ever beats anyone.

Super 17 arc in GT had more holes than swiss cheese. How did Dr. Gero create another android 17 in hell? Like did he have a lab in Hell? How would anyone have allowed him to have a lab in Hell?

Frieza isn't a complete joke in Super like he is in GT. It was really annoying seeing main DBZ villains like Frieza and Cell treated like complete garbage in GT.

Pan is a sweet little baby in Super while she is an annoying teenaged bitch in GT.

Dragon Ball Super Future Trunks> GT Future Trunks.
Mar 25, 2018 12:19 PM

Apr 2012
DrGeroCreation said:
Super is way better.

Copy and pasted answer from a previous thread that asked this.

Black and Zamasu are better than all GT villains.

SSJ4 looks cool but it's a weak form compared to super saiyan god. Goku struggled with a building in SSJ4 while he almost destroyed the universe fighting Beerus in super saiyan god.

Super actually has powerful gods instead of only weak kais that sit in fear of every villain and count on Goku to defeat them.

Super had the most and best character development for Vegeta.
Throughout Super Vegeta for the most part kept pace with Goku in power unlike in GT where he was fodder until the final fight with Omega Shenron.

The human z fighters actually fight in Super unlike in GT where they are close to non existent.

Other characters actually fight and defeat opponents in Super unlike in GT where only Goku ever beats anyone.

Super 17 arc in GT had more holes than swiss cheese. How did Dr. Gero create another android 17 in hell? Like did he have a lab in Hell? How would anyone have allowed him to have a lab in Hell?

Frieza isn't a complete joke in Super like he is in GT. It was really annoying seeing main DBZ villains like Frieza and Cell treated like complete garbage in GT.

Pan is a sweet little baby in Super while she is an annoying teenaged bitch in GT.

Dragon Ball Super Future Trunks> GT Future Trunks.

EOT. God bless.

Dragon Ball Super all the way.
Mar 25, 2018 12:33 PM
Aug 2012
GT is way better.

There was a video I saw once that pretty much gave some similarities of GT and Super. Super being a new form, but it wasn't badass. GT giving a new form, but it was badass. Super got Frieza back with a vengeance and GT used Baby as a means for vengeance.

Story wise, GT over Super. Mainly because GT went over and beyond, and gave plots around revenge. I mean hell, Baby taking over Earth and defeating Goku was unexpected at first. Someone dying and staying dead, the series actually had Piccolo die, so he could save everyone. The Dragon balls actually having consequences to them, they were supposed to be used once every hundred years if I recall and the way that was depicted was beast. Having SS4's fighting was even more so.

Both series cannot depict things properly, but GT did a way better job than Super.

Super only did a few things better than GT and that was developing Vegeta, 17 and Frieza. Everything else was garbage.

Black and Zamasu were not good villains, they dragged things along and they spared large amounts of people. The way they lost was retarded at best. BOG was good, ROF was horrible and I'm sure you can see why. The universe 6 vs 7 arc was average. The Tournament of Power was damn straight horrible, Zeno merely did the tournament to see if the dragon balls would be used to bring back the losers.

Trunks and Goku in Super suck. They have been degraded to nothing more than Gary Stu's. You know, asspulls galore.

To conclude it all (for the people that can't be bothered), GT had stakes and Super didn't.
Mar 25, 2018 12:42 PM

Apr 2014
Super, of course, lol

Why do people even debate... GT should not exist. Not only is it non canon but it is garbage series as well.

I don't know what people above me are smoking
themanualreader@proton.me
Mar 25, 2018 12:42 PM

Apr 2017
i never seen super but gt was underrated, it was really good imo
mal's raccoon

boop !
‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ hell yeah !
from the distant
year of

the
are after me !
Mar 25, 2018 12:44 PM
Aug 2012
Turtles_Hunter said:
DrGeroCreation said:
Super is way better.

Yeah. Vegeta with a beard over Vegeta with a mustache.

More seriously despite all the animation problems in the earlier episodes, all the plotholes, all the power inconsistancies, all the uninteresting "fillers", Super still achieve to capture that DBZ vibe, and worked in the right direction to correct its default. GT didn't. Holy fucking shit, half of the dragons of the last arc are more horrible and more badly written than the previous ones. GT also broke the DBZ canon so many time (like Piccolo staying on earth when it's destroyed, so there would not be dragon ball anymore. Utterly stupid). The more you progress in DBGT, the worse it gets. Now sure everything is not bad in DBGT, but for one good thing, there is 3 bad.

Sadly, it is the other way around. GT gave the Z vibe. Especially with the artwork. This was because Toriyama did the artwork and contributed quite a bit to GT.

Don't get me wrong. Super is far from garbage, it does have its moments, but not as much as GT. Waay too many asspulls. Hell, at least Piccolo died to stop the Black Star Dragon balls from happening. Dende still had the dragon balls under his control on his side too.
Mar 25, 2018 12:57 PM
Nov 2017
GodofWar2015 said:
Turtles_Hunter said:

Yeah. Vegeta with a beard over Vegeta with a mustache.

More seriously despite all the animation problems in the earlier episodes, all the plotholes, all the power inconsistancies, all the uninteresting "fillers", Super still achieve to capture that DBZ vibe, and worked in the right direction to correct its default. GT didn't. Holy fucking shit, half of the dragons of the last arc are more horrible and more badly written than the previous ones. GT also broke the DBZ canon so many time (like Piccolo staying on earth when it's destroyed, so there would not be dragon ball anymore. Utterly stupid). The more you progress in DBGT, the worse it gets. Now sure everything is not bad in DBGT, but for one good thing, there is 3 bad.

Sadly, it is the other way around. GT gave the Z vibe. Especially with the artwork. This was because Toriyama did the artwork and contributed quite a bit to GT.

Hold up hold up hold up what?! Toriyama? GT? He is uneasy whenever GT is brought up in an interview and thinks it shouldn't have existed. And he didn't contribute "quite a bit" while toriyama is providing the whole story for the manga here
Mar 25, 2018 2:18 PM

May 2016
Darius said:

some hardcore stuff obviously :S :D it can't be another explanation :)))

the only good about GT is the opening.
Mar 25, 2018 2:30 PM

Apr 2014
Frigyesur said:
Darius said:

Yeah or this ending

Anyway, Super is godlike...
Mar 25, 2018 2:37 PM

Jan 2018
GT had good ideas but bad execution. Super had bad ideas and bad execution.

GT sucked but Super is infinitely worse.
Mar 25, 2018 2:43 PM

Dec 2016
Frigyesur said:
Darius said:

Plus the background music, the slice of life moments, and that final episode, which was wonderful and worked as a great closure to the whole DB storyline, with Goku leaving with Shenlong.
Mar 25, 2018 2:58 PM
Mar 2014
At least I could watch every ep of GT... The filler in Super were unwatchable, same goes for some eps in the Goku black arc (aka the worst power scaling in DB history). You have to literally turn your brain off for the power scaling to make sense in Super; that alone hurts the anime enough to put it below GT, although there were some very enjoyable moments in Super.

DB - 9.3/10
DBZ - 8.9/10
GT - 7.4/10
Super - 7/10

GT has its fair share of issues, but at least the plots made sense.
Mar 25, 2018 3:04 PM

Apr 2014
The10tailedwolf said:
At least I could watch every ep of GT... The filler in Super were unwatchable, same goes for some eps in the Goku black arc (aka the worst power scaling in DB history). You have to literally turn your brain off for the power scaling to make sense in Super; that alone hurts the anime enough to put it below GT, although there were some very enjoyable moments in Super.

DB - 9.3/10
DBZ - 8.9/10
GT - 7.4/10
Super - 7/10

GT has its fair share of issues, but at least the plots made sense.

Numbers don't win fights, forget power scaling
Mar 25, 2018 3:08 PM
Jul 2015
This question's answer is obvious... at the very least, I've never seen someone rating GT higher than the prequels. Furthermore, people have been crazy excited for Super from the first episode till the very end.
I'm serious, there even memes about waiting for the next episode of DB Super
(unfortunately, now that I'm so old I can't enjoy DB as much as before...so I didn't have the patience and strength of will to bear with watching Super. I only watched some scenes on youtube)
Mar 25, 2018 3:13 PM

May 2016
Darius said:

Yeah or this ending

Anyway, Super is godlike...

i'd put between the best moments https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugrJXfcp9tE or Beerus's 'Hakai' against Zamasu. Master Roshi had his own great good-bye too. and on side note Beerus&Whis&Champa-sama' funny moments which almost entirely lacked of earlier DB series.

Glenfinnan said:

Plus the background music, the slice of life moments, and that final episode, which was wonderful and worked as a great closure to the whole DB storyline, with Goku leaving with Shenlong.

the closure moment would be good if we hadn't have to bear through 60+ episodes Pan's annoying whining and stuffs
Mar 25, 2018 3:31 PM

Dec 2016
Frigyesur said:

the closure moment would be good if we hadn't have to bear through 60+ episodes Pan's annoying whining and stuffs

The fact that the series was mediocre for 63 episodes doesn't make the final episode bad. As a stand-alone episode, it is very good regardless of everything that came before.
Mar 25, 2018 3:40 PM

Sep 2016
GT is fun, but Super is more waku waku
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Mar 25, 2018 3:51 PM

Apr 2014
Some aspects of GT were better, as was some of Super’s. If they were mixed, I think it could have been as/if not better liked as DBZ.
"I have to work harder than anyone else to make it! I'll never catch up otherwise...! I want to be like you...! Like you. The strongest hero.""
Mar 25, 2018 3:56 PM

Jan 2013
GangsterCat said:
GT is fun, but Super is more waku waku
Isnt that supposed to be doki doki or im missing somth
Mar 25, 2018 4:04 PM

Jan 2009
i score both of the series 7/10
GT has more better animation
Super has more better hype factor
Mar 25, 2018 4:13 PM

Oct 2011
haven't seen the final ep of Super but yeah Super was miles away better and they at least listened to what fans wanted in a way i guess

"When the time is yours,
the future is waiting,
The person you become,
and the people you're creating.
"
Mar 25, 2018 4:20 PM

Mar 2017
Super hands down

GT Had SSJ4 which was really cool but thats about it
Super had alot, just look at the tournament of power arc. You cant deny its maybe the best arc the dragon ball series has ever seen.

And don't forget... Super has Zen-oh!
Mar 25, 2018 4:38 PM

Mar 2018
GT is atrocious. The grand tour song gives me PTSD, fuck that show.

I can't believe my dumbass teenage self splurged all my birthday money to buy all the individual DVDs for the Baby and Shadow Dragon arcs. Easily one of my worst purchases ever.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 25, 2018 5:00 PM

Jun 2012
Definitely Super. For all its faults, at least it had good humor, interesting ideas, great development for a few characters, great music and occasional explosions of amazing animation.

GT was more consistent, but it also felt so halfhearted throughout its entire run. It had nothing to make it special in any way.
Mar 25, 2018 5:05 PM

Feb 2008
There is not a single good fight in GT.
Mar 25, 2018 5:18 PM
Aug 2012
Aradhya_Trivedi said:
GodofWar2015 said:

Hold up hold up hold up what?! Toriyama? GT? He is uneasy whenever GT is brought up in an interview and thinks it shouldn't have existed. And he didn't contribute "quite a bit" while toriyama is providing the whole story for the manga here

Actually he did. Not a fan of Geekdom, but he talks about his involvement in GT. Toriyama loves GT and pays tribute to it. Actually, you haven't provided anything to prove otherwise.
Mar 25, 2018 5:20 PM
Aug 2012
Turtles_Hunter said:
GodofWar2015 said:

Don't get me wrong. Super is far from garbage, it does have its moments, but not as much as GT. Waay too many asspulls. Hell, at least Piccolo died to stop the Black Star Dragon balls from happening. Dende still had the dragon balls under his control on his side too.
yeah, artwise, I agree with you. Even if the art by the end of Super was really good.

But Toriyama didn't participate to GT. The only thing he did is give a setting idea, that wasn't even totally listened to. Yeah, he proposed that Pan would be a main character, but the hero should have been his little brother, that would have looked like Goku. But Toei decided to make Goku Younger instead.

Also, people should realise asspull is Dragon Ball way. At least since Tao Pai Pai. With Karin tower, even if it's a training he becomes super strong in 3 days. Then there is the real magic water during Piccolo Arc. Saiyajin arc is decent on that way, but man, Namek one? The great elder, the "Saiyajin become stronger when they nearly died" that is overused, Frieza transformation, Nail fusion, the super saiyajin.Then there is the android arc with the hyperbolic time chamber. yeah, it's a better excuse, but it's still a "hey, how are we going to become far stronger in no time. Then the Kamicollo thing, Cell transformations, The SSJ2, the metamol fusion, the gohan power augmented by the old Kaioshin, the potara fusion. Even the SSJ3 conveniently come out of nowhere. asspulled power up and transformations is what made DBZ. People should stop complain about that.

The10tailedwolf said:
That is true, power scaling is retarded in Super. But I except during the FnF arc, it didn't hurt the story that much. Sure Mutenroshi shouldn't have been able to fight during the Tournament of power, but still that lead to very nice moments.

Nah he participated quite a bit during the first 2 arcs or so. After that, he went over a few scripts and decided were everything would go. He also, did the artwork for most of the characters. He paid more attention to Super in comparison though.
Mar 25, 2018 5:45 PM

Jul 2009
I think rather than saying which was better, we should agree that both had their pros and cons.

I will forever be salty that super saiyan 4 is not canon because that was the coolest form handsdown. I don't know what that Blue God form shit was supposed to be but simply dyeing Goku/Vegeta's hair blue and calling that an upgrade is bullshit. Super Saiyan 4 took roots from their giant ape form and was just all around badassery.

(That being said, SSJ4 alone can't make GT better than Super)
Mar 25, 2018 5:50 PM
Aug 2016
GT, Super is the epitome of garbage. Hell, putting it in the same sentence to GT or DB in general is disgraceful. Way too damn predictable.

That being said, the pros of GT outweigh Super in its entirety.

Super
- Most of its story is predictable. Especially, the Goku Black arc. The U6 vs 7 was pretty predictable.
- No stakes
- Only 3 characters aside from Goku remotely had development
- Goku's asspulls.

GT

- A character dying and staying dead
- Baby being unpredictable and taking over everything
- SS4
- The dragon balls having consequences
- Way better artwork.

Cons
- Goku had most of the shine.
Gohan_7861000Mar 25, 2018 5:54 PM
Mar 25, 2018 8:09 PM

Aug 2017
5/10 GT. 2/10 Super. GT is better. Super is overrated.
NurguburuMar 25, 2018 8:41 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 25, 2018 9:45 PM

Jan 2010
As someone who is currently trudging through GT, I'll easily pick Super and it's not even remotely close.
Super is definitely flawed and inconsistent, but there are a lot of genuinely great moments in it and its contributions to DB as a whole far outweights anything GT did. Super's best episodes are up there with some of DB's best as a whole, while GT at its peak was slightly above average at best, and more often than not just atrociously boring with not a single good fight in its repertoire.
Mar 25, 2018 10:25 PM
Nov 2017
GodofWar2015 said:
Aradhya_Trivedi said:

Actually he did. Not a fan of Geekdom, but he talks about his involvement in GT. Toriyama loves GT and pays tribute to it. Actually, you haven't provided anything to prove otherwise.

Here:
テレビアニメの方はもうすこし続けたいとのことでしたが、ボクはもうこれ以上は…。というわけでドラゴンボールのアニメはストーリーも含め、すっかりアニメスタッフの方々におまかせすることになったのです。
"The people from the TV anime were wanting to continue just a little further, but since I didn't want to do any more than I already had, I ended up leaving everything, including the story, up to the people on the anime staff."
GTでボクがやったことといえば このタイトルと最初の主要メンバー、一部のメカデザインと数枚のイメージカットだけですが、ずっとドラゴンボールを続けていただいてきた優秀なスタッフのみなさんなので 安心して おまかせすることができたのです。
In GT, the only contributions that I made were the title, the initial main character designs, some of the mecha designs, and a number of image cuts. But thanks to the excellent staff that I was having keep continuing Dragon Ball, I was able to relax and leave it to them.
https://www.reddit.com/r/dbz/comments/45m7w4/akira_toriyama_and_gt/?utm_source=amp&utm_medium=comment_list
And also check kanzenshuu
Mar 26, 2018 12:52 AM
Jul 2012
GT was better storywise Super was better characterwise. Honestly If I had to rank dragonball as a whole I would do GT>Dragonball>Super>Z

Mar 26, 2018 2:48 AM

Nov 2016
Super had some bad aspects,but in GT everything was bad.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 26, 2018 9:31 AM

May 2010
neither were great, i'd like to imagine a mix between the 2.
if we forego powerscaling for a bit and just think about story and expansion of the anime's universe.

from GT i liked the expansion into space, with the crew traveling off planet but without the 'black star dragonballs' BS i can't really think of a good reason to travel into space right now, but that setting itself opened up alot of new and exciting content to be made. mayb discover other saiyan's that had been send off-world in space-pod's or a distant cousin tribe.mayb them being enslaved and in need of rescue.

timeskip i liked, uub not so much, goku being turned small meh.. throw it away along with the black db's.

baby was nice, with saiyans history being rife with 'planet conquering mercenary' lore it goes to say some of their victims feel less than happy about 2 pureblood saiyans living the life on earth. especially with freeza still dead. the bulma mindcontrol was bs and lame tho, instaid i like more saiyan lore revealed also the giant ape parts were great and add to the old tail stuff. overall a nice (not freeza) villain.

shadow dragons made kinda sense as well, balance should be a thing and the wish dragons aren't almighty if we count higher beings like gods(beerus and co./zen) they were made by nameks after all, not gods, negative energy in the balls kinda made sense. lols/gags with the pantsu wish had a nice tie-in.
besides it provides a real reason or at least consideration and consequences to using the balls willy-nilly.
not sure how to change the ending tho, maybe goku leaving with the dragon for 'x' years perfecting ssj4 once again turning it golden hair explaining it wasn't complete and more like early trunks ssj1 buffed up but not quite ssj2 yet.

add in a visit to the current head-namekian and their planet to see if theres help/info and we get a more expansive story, maybe a turnaround with earths civilization being relocated to the namek planet till the shadow dragons defeat, kinda like how the nameks relocated to earth for a while, open some inter travel after everything has blown over and a friendship between nameks and earth with satan representing or something as slice-of-life. earths governments seem stagnant in the db universe be nice if they atleast space traveled to namek after all that.

from super i'd trow away freeza's first resurrection and golden form, keep the tournament resurrection for helping save universe 7 and give him another transformation... an actual transformation like his earlier forms. hell 'coolers' last form might even do.......

beerus can still be added without the freeza part, make it something like one of his 'duties' is to check up on being that reach a certain powerlevel and maybe put them into place and warn them sternly to not disrupt the flow of the universe or else.. xy foreshadowing zen-chan. keep the tournament between beerus and his brother add in a lil reason like beerus universe has now reached 'x' number of beings above 'y' powerlevel that would finally allow the bet/pact/rivalry between beerus and his brother to be fulfilled. ditch the giant dragon balls tho. don't involve dragonballs at all in this part. turns out they were betting a super rare cake sitting in a cooling box/vault inbetween the void between the 2 universes as a end reveal for lols/gags.

inbetween slice-of-life visiting universe 6 planet vegeta and have goku or vegeta teach them super saiyan instaid of that ridiculous bs of tingly back fuckery. have bulma and co enjoy saiyan culture and cuisine. mayb a little fun with trunks and goten learning about their heritage and shenanigans.

after that add in some universes hierarchy conflicts or atleast expand upon the concept of multiple universes, them suspecting uni6 and 7 pooling their might to raise their standing as a reason or something. being send assasins in the form of black, till zen gets wind of it and demands they fight it out in the tournament at the end of super. mayb use black arc as coming from another universe instaid of timeline and ditch trunks and his floppy sword. expand upon those archived rings and items add more lore.

streamline powerlevels? and have vegeta actually go ss3 ffs. and no ultra instinct bs, make ss god (silver) be on par with god of destruction) in terms of power
normal > ss1 > ss1 buffed > ss2 > ss3 > ss4 buffed > ss4(golden hair) > ss god buffed (red)(minor god) > ss god(blue)(regular god) > ss god(silver)(intermediate god) > pre zen level god powerlevel > zen like god powerlevel

Mar 26, 2018 10:46 PM

Nov 2015
Definitely Super. Only thing I liked better in GT was the SSJ4 transformation. Super has a bunch of great new characters and everyone gets screentime, however little. GT turned our beloved characters either into useless no-shows or annoying shits. The slice of life portions in Super were a treat. I really loved the cute Bulma/ Vegeta moments and the Prince's character development (yeah, I'm a fan and proud of it). #17's character development in Super was one of my favourite parts of the franchise. Goku Black/ Zamasu were one of the best villains ever. Future Trunks arc was a milestone. DBS dealt with grey characters and hero antagonists in a manner previously unseen in the series. I can keep on adding to the list for awhile but I'll stop here.
"There's your truth and there's my truth. As for the Universal Truth - it doesn't exist."
Mar 27, 2018 8:29 AM

Aug 2014
GT was very very very bad. Super is mediocre but atleast had it's moments. Hell Super actually gave time for a good deal of the cast to shine and introduced some new neat characters like Beerus, Whis and Goku Black (who is without a question a hell lot better villain than any of those in GT) while having lots of development for Vegeta and giving some of the Z fighters a moment to shine, even if short.

Additionally, that goddamn final episode of super blew every single episode in GT out of the water without even a question - nothing in GT is even close to being as amazing as the final couple of episodes in Super and none of the arcs in GT are really as solid as Future Trunks' and the ToP.

Animation was equally terrible in both GT and super, fight me if you want.
Mar 27, 2018 1:47 PM

Mar 2016
At least GT jad a story to tell...
Mar 27, 2018 3:08 PM

Dec 2016
NEETazertyY said:
At least GT jad a story to tell...

And pointing somewhere....the dark dragon balls and dragons was in fact a great idea to give an interesting closure to the franchise, another story is that it was poorly done.

Throughout 131 episodes in Super I never got a clue about where it wanted to go or do other than introducing the rest of the universes, the new bunch of characters and all the collection of new transformations.
Mar 27, 2018 3:11 PM

Dec 2016
Snappynator said:

Additionally, that goddamn final episode of super blew every single episode in GT out of the water without even a question - nothing in GT is even close to being as amazing as the final couple of episodes in Super

GT's final episode is as amazing as Super last episodes. At least, if you watch Dragon Ball not only for the colossal fights.
Mar 27, 2018 10:32 PM

May 2016
GT was at least adventurous and a fun watch, Super is just out of hand. It's honestly not entertaining at all besides the fights but that got old fast.
Mar 28, 2018 1:15 AM

May 2015
Both are heavily flawed products, but I'd argue that Super is better. From a narrative point, I will say that GT was better since it's arcs had more ingenuity. Roughly half of Supers runtime was allocated to tournaments. In spite of that however, Super gave better characterization to It's supporting/main cast which is what I mainly watch Dragon Ball for. Super also has better fights without question. Gt had more consistent art, but there are hardly any memorable pieces of animation in comparison to Super.

Mar 28, 2018 4:51 AM

Jun 2015
GT (Baby arc)>Super> GT (Rest)
Super was better in:
1)Character development;
2)Plot (still mediocre however);
3)Villains;
5)Better new characters;
6)Fights (just a little bit however);
7)Giving other characters more screentime;
8)OST.

GT was better in:
1)Power scaling;
2)Transformation design;
3)Animation;

Since1900Mar 28, 2018 5:36 AM
Mar 28, 2018 8:01 AM

Aug 2013
Watch out I'm coming in hot here. 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

GodofWar2015 said:

Black and Zamasu were not good villains, they dragged things along and they spared large amounts of people.
Universal Zamasu killed all the humans on Future Trunks Earth, Black also killed out all the supreme kais in Trunks timeline.

Zamasu was way better than all the one dimensional villains in GT that just wanted to conquer the universe or get revenge. Even though Zamasu was evil and had a god complex he actually exposed and tried to rectify a major problem than gets overlooked in the Dragon Ball Universe which is the fact that kais are way weaker than certain alien/mutants etc mortals like saiyans, Frieza, Cell and Buu and have to constantly depend on Goku to protect them. King Kai was afraid of first form Frieza, Cell killed King Kai and Kid Buu wiped out most of Universe 7's supreme Kais. Kais even though they are gods are weaklings and vulnerable to powerful, savage mortals. Zamasu was well aware of that fact and wanted to change that by using the tools at his disposal (time ring, super dragon balls and portaras) to become a powerful deity that can handle any threat. In that regard his actions are somewhat justifiable if you put yourself in his shoes but on the other hand he killed a lot of people and was drunk with power so he is a very grey villain. The Zamasu that became Black was also smarter than Baby since he stole Goku's body instead of Vegeta's. Like why would you settle for second fiddle when you can have the most powerful saiyan in existence instead?

Zamasu and Black were also the perfect tag team since they were basically the same person. Future Zamasu was a perfect meat shield for Black since Zamasu was immortal and Zamasu could make Black stronger by healing him after battle which would allow Black to gain zenkai boosts and both could fuse their ki blasts together to create stronger attacks.

GodofWar2015 said:
Hell, at least Piccolo died to stop the Black Star Dragon balls from happening.
All Piccolo did in GT was just die tbh. In Super he helped train Gohan for the Tournament of Power, ringed out Universe 6's last 2 fighters , found and ringed out Universe 4's invisible fighter.

ImbalancedEmblem said:
From a narrative point, I will say that GT was better since it's arcs had more ingenuity. Roughly half of Supers runtime was allocated to tournaments.
GT mainly just rehashed DBZ's structure for it's arcs. Villain shows up, z fighters fight said villain and get rekt, Goku shows up and beats villain. The tournaments change things up by going back to original Dragon Ball roots.

GodofWar2015 said:

Trunks and Goku in Super suck. They have been degraded to nothing more than Gary Stu's.
Goku and Trunks in Super were never gary stus since they lost multiple times in the anime. Goku was shot with the laser and almost killed by Frieza thanks to him being overconfident and absent minded to his surroundings which is a major flaw.

Gohan_7861000 said:

Super
- Most of its story is predictable. Especially, the Goku Black arc. The U6 vs 7 was pretty predictable
Goku Black's first appearance was unpredictable, there were people who thought Trunks was probably up against a new type of android before Black's reveal. Super saiyan Rose was not predictable, Goku using Kaioken with SSJ Blue in the U6 tournament was not predictable since Goku had stopped using Kaioken after achieving super saiyan, Zeno's appearance was not predictable.

Gohan_7861000 said:

GT

Baby being unpredictable and taking over everything
Baby taking over everyone was predictable since when he was first introduced in his first form he tried to take over Trunks.

GodofWar2015 said:

To conclude it all (for the people that can't be bothered), GT had stakes and Super didn't.
Super had higher stakes since Universal Zamasu was seeping into the present timeline and could have taken it over. GT had it's greatest stakes in Shadow Dragon arc since the dragon balls became corrupted and Omega Shenron could corrupt the universe however even though the earth dragon balls became corrupted the Namekian dragon balls were okay iirc and Omega Shenron could only corrupt the universe slowly. Universal Zamasu posed a far greater threat than Omega Shenron.

Glenfinnan said:

Plus the background music
GT's soundtrack wasn't anything special and pretty forgettable. Super's ost is way better imo.

Turtles_Hunter said:
Holy fucking shit, half of the dragons of the last arc are more horrible and more badly written than the previous ones.
Agreed but Nova Shenron was decent though. Syn/Omega Shenron was not only a meh villain but was basically a naked Dabura colored white with horns and spikes. The main antagonists in Super actually had unique designs unlike the ones from GT. As I mentioned before Omega Shenron looked like Dabura and Baby in his adult form looked like Kid Buu with silver skin in Vegeta's saiyan armor.
DrGeroCreationMar 28, 2018 11:05 AM
Mar 29, 2018 8:05 PM

Apr 2012
Super
Hands down. I like the character developments here.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Apr 7, 2018 8:48 AM

Oct 2017
Super was flawed but GT was garbage
Apr 7, 2018 9:07 AM

Jul 2015
I would say gt better(it was garbage) I didnt made super yet so I can argue about it I just saw a few episodes
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2015

95 by Daninokuni »»
Yesterday, 9:03 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 131 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2018

285 by AnimeGuardAngle1 »»
Apr 14, 10:06 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2015

58 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 11, 6:31 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2015

72 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 11, 5:34 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2015

72 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 9, 10:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.