Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 24, 2018 6:12 PM

Feb 2015
The way he just dumped all of this bullshit on her the beginning of the episode without even considering her feelings, he's way too assertive and clingy despite being so fat (Spoiler alert, it's not attractive, take offense all you want), doesn't he know his own situation?

Of course Kokoro only agreed to his promise because she didn't expect she could have the chance to switch to Mitsuru, so it put her in a bad light but I don't blame her, she was completely justified in what she did. So her flinging him off like that was satisfying, plus once she got Mitsuru back on his feet, they clearly worked a lot better than Futoshi and Kokoro did.

And at the end when Futoshi punched Mitsuru, he looked so pathetic, salty cuck.
It's not Mitsuru's fault that he felt how he did so he couldn't operate properly. And also, she's the one that wanted to ride with him, why not get mad at her?

If they are even going to kill off a character in the show, hopefully it's Futoshi, he is the least interesting character visually, even less than Hiro, and all he has going on for him is that he eats often in the background.
Anime List|Manga List | Discord: Azureal#2963
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 24, 2018 6:17 PM

Nov 2012
He isn't a cuck, he didn't find enjoyment from it, nor did he stand idly by. You're right that it isn't Mitsuru's fault, or even problem.

Futoshi is a simp(or in other words a white knight), and nobody should feel bad for him, especially when he attacked Mitusru and told him to protect Kokoro when Kokoro is the one who lied to him.

The only thing is, you seem to think Kororo didn't trick him. This wasn't one sided. She made a promise, she didn't have to, Futoshi had never shown dangerous signs, so it's not like she was afraid of him and she always could of told him no. In fact, in past episodes she has continuously been nice to him, even inviting him to the girls table when Zero Two took his place on the man's stable. The others have also said they get a long like a married couple. He had reason to trust her, and believe she liked him. Still, he is a pathetic person, he doesn't even know where to direct his contempt.
Jaywalker.
Mar 24, 2018 6:20 PM

Mar 2014
Epicenter said:
He isn't a cuck, he didn't find enjoyment from it, nor did he stand idly by. You're right that it isn't Mitsuru's fault, or even problem.

Futoshi is a simp, and nobody should feel bad for him, especially when he attacked Mitusru and told him to protect Kokoro when Kokoro is the one who lied to him.

The only thing is, you seem to think Kororo didn't trick him. This wasn't one sided. She made a promise, she didn't have to, Futoshi had never shown dangerous signs, so it's not like she was afraid of him and she always could of told him no. In fact, in past episodes she has continuously been nice to him, even inviting him to the girls table when Zero Two took his place on the man's stable. The others have also said they get a long like a married couple. He had reason to trust her, and believe she liked him. Still, he is a pathetic person, he doesn't even know where to direct his contempt.

She was being nice to him..Nowhere in the series did it show her being the slightest bit interested in him
Mar 24, 2018 6:22 PM

Nov 2012
TheGrandSage23 said:
Epicenter said:

Futoshi is a simp, and nobody should feel bad for him, especially when he attacked Mitusru and told him to protect Kokoro when Kokoro is the one who lied to him.

She was being nice to him..Nowhere in the series did it show her being the slightest bit interested in him

Like i said, the others said they acted like a married couple. Even she, in the episode, said she isn't a good person and broke a promise, she knows she led him on. It would be one thing if she didn't promise him anything, but if you're nice to someone and you make promises to them to be their partner, there is no excuse.
'
People who defend her like she didn't betray him, even though she herself said so in the very episode, are just as pathetic as Futoshi is. Now it's fine to like a character who has complex personality, and understand that love doesn't work like you want and she loved Mitsuru, but to pretend like she didn't lie and doesn't have agency in her betrayal is white knight/simp behaviour.
EpicenterMar 24, 2018 6:27 PM
Jaywalker.
Mar 24, 2018 6:33 PM
Nov 2016
Who the hell asks for a promise like that and in such a pushy smothering manner in the first place? It's the worst way to ask for someone's feelings, especially someone with Kokoro's personality. Yes it's her fault partially, but we also know her agreeable non confrontational personality is her major character flaw. She's always been playing nice. And it took her a while to work up to really being honest about what she wants. She did it, it was messy and imperfect and she knows she's done wrong by him. But she's not a monster, she has her flaws. She played along when he put her on the spot because with a lack of self awareness of how aggressive he was he put that on her.

She also likely never though switching was ever possible.
Mar 24, 2018 6:34 PM

Sep 2015
Agreed. The fat pig thought just because she was OBLIGATED to be his partner she was instantly his girlfirend.
She clearly want babies, while the pig IS THE BABY. It would never work. I think she just got attached to the first "emotionally mature figure" (?) she found of her age. Also he could never see who she really was because he was too blind for the image he had created of her inside his mind, which put a lot of pressure on her.

However, she could have managed better the change of partners.
Mar 24, 2018 6:40 PM

Nov 2012
fedos said:
Who the hell asks for a promise like that and in such a pushy smothering manner in the first place? It's the worst way to ask for someone's feelings, especially someone with Kokoro's personality. Yes it's her fault partially, but we also know her agreeable non confrontational personality is her major character flaw. She's always been playing nice. And it took her a while to work up to really being honest about what she wants. She did it, it was mess and imperfect and she knows she's done wrong by him. But she's not a monster, she has her flaws. She played along when he put her on the spot because with a lack of self awareness of how aggressive he was put that on her.

She also likely never though switching was ever possible.

The person who would make that type of pushy promise in that manner is an awkward loser, which is what Futoshi is. He is a desperate loser, and she is a meek liar. Everything you said applies back to her. Why did he ask her knowing her personality? Can also on the other foot be deemed, why was she so nice to him and making promises when she knew he was clingy and desperate?

They're both flawed characters, anyone who attempts to act like one of them is completely okay in their actions is being ridiculous.
Jaywalker.
Mar 24, 2018 6:45 PM

Sep 2015
Epicenter said:
TheGrandSage23 said:

Like i said, the others said they acted like a married couple. Even she, in the episode, said she isn't a good person and broke a promise, she knows she led him on. It would be one thing if she didn't promise him anything, but if you're nice to someone and you make promises to them to be their partner, there is no excuse.
'
People who defend her like she didn't betray him, even though she herself said so in the very episode, are just as pathetic as Futoshi is. Now it's fine to like a character who has complex personality, and understand that love doesn't work like you want and she loved Mitsuru, but to pretend like she didn't lie and doesn't have agency in her betrayal is white knight/simp behaviour.

I'm with the OP. KOKORO'S my spirit animal the way she tossed the trash aside the first chance she got 😂😂😂. Kokoro might have landed in the top ten anime backstabs of all time and I'm ok with it.

The OP had a valid point, she thought she would be stuck with Futoshi forever so she wanted to be as nice as possible to make being partners with each other easier and not akward. If this is your partner for years to come and you say no to that promise it would make for a weird tense situation.

Futoshi is a lame dude for throwing all his bs on top of Kokoro the way he did. Futoshi was way to needy and clingy around Kokoro and it was a bit inauseating. However a once in a lifetime opportunity came for Kokoro that would make her happier and she took it. It's just funny how everyone wants to feel bad for Futoshi and paint Kokoro as the bad person. I think to many people on MAL see themselves as Futoshi in a relationship situation and lashed out due to past experiences 😂.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Mar 24, 2018 6:54 PM

Nov 2012
QcK_Dagger_HeaT said:
Epicenter said:

'

I'm with the OP. KOKORO'S my spirit animal the way she tossed the trash aside the first chance she got 😂😂😂. Kokoro might have landed in the top ten anime backstabs of all time and I'm ok with it.

The OP had a valid point, she thought she would be stuck with Futoshi forever so she wanted to be as nice as possible to make being partners with each other easier and not akward. If this is your partner for years to come and you say no to that promise it would make for a weird tense situation.

Futoshi is a lame dude for throwing all his bs on top of Kokoro the way he did. Futoshi was way to needy and clingy around Kokoro and it was a bit inauseating. However a once in a lifetime opportunity came for Kokoro that would make her happier and she took it. It's just funny how everyone wants to feel bad for Futoshi and paint Kokoro as the bad person. I think to many people on MAL see themselves as Futoshi in a relationship situation and last out due to past experiences 😂.

I don't feel bad for him, he's pathetic, and had it coming. I'm just not a fan of the general lack of accepting wrongs done, all the other couples are teams, none of them go around lying and leading each other on like she did with Futoshi. And clearly her issues weren't about team work, Futoshi IS STILL IN THE SAME GROUP AS HER, they still will have to work together on the battlefield even if she is partnered with Mitusru so your theory would be dumb because if she's concerned about awkward she wouldn't have betrayed someone on her team. And as seen in this episode, he's too much of a simp to be upset or awkward with her based on anything she does, she showed no signs of being afraid of how their team would be if she didn't make the promise....but she did say she betrayed him.

You just refuse to be objective, in a twisted way you don't even see how you're just like Futoshi, looking at her through rose tinted glasses. Just like Futoshi, you can't see any faults in her. Just like Futoshi, you rather put all the blame on someone else.
Jaywalker.
Mar 24, 2018 6:57 PM

Dec 2016
Not gonna lie... If I were force-assigned a fat, unattractive partner who was obsessed with me, I'd switch at the first chance I could get as well.

What's the difference?
Mar 24, 2018 7:03 PM

Aug 2010
Both sides are doing everything wrong. Futoshi for acting creepy and lame in front of Kokoro, and Kokoro for not saying NO to the promise.
This episode theme in a nutshell is "People are imperfect"
Mar 24, 2018 7:04 PM
Mar 2011
I find Mitsuru to be even more of a loser than him though. His emo ass giving up on life pretty much because of another kid forgetting a promise? That's some beta crap right there especially since he was about to be crushed. He's Sasuke 2.0 in a nutshell with even less personality.

Sure Futoshi is annoying as crap, but this episode was just boring and unneeded with the crap so called character development. At least the previous episode gave us information on the adults and setting of the world a little more. These characters are just the same old archetypes where these character development episodes fall flat.
My Karma ran over your Dogma
Mar 24, 2018 7:14 PM

Sep 2015
Epicenter said:
QcK_Dagger_HeaT said:

Futoshi is a lame dude for throwing all his bs on top of Kokoro the way he did. Futoshi was way to needy and clingy around Kokoro and it was a bit inauseating. However a once in a lifetime opportunity came for Kokoro that would make her happier and she took it. It's just funny how everyone wants to feel bad for Futoshi and paint Kokoro as the bad person. I think to many people on MAL see themselves as Futoshi in a relationship situation and last out due to past experiences 😂.

I don't feel bad for him, he's pathetic, and had it coming. I'm just not a fan of the general lack of accepting wrongs done, all the other couples are teams, none of them go around lying and leading each other on like she did with Futoshi. And clearly her issues weren't about team work, Futoshi IS STILL IN THE SAME GROUP AS HER, they still will have to work together on the battlefield even if she is partnered with Mitusru so your theory would be dumb because if she's concerned about awkward she wouldn't have betrayed someone on her team. And as seen in this episode, he's too much of a simp to be upset or awkward with her based on anything she does, she showed no signs of being afraid of how their team would be if she didn't make the promise....but she did say she betrayed him.

You just refuse to be objective, in a twisted way you don't even see how you're just like Futoshi, looking at her through rose tinted glasses. Just like Futoshi, you can't see any faults in her. Just like Futoshi, you rather put all the blame on someone else.

First that last line wasn't geared toward you at all that was more what I took in from a lot of other seriously butt hurt people on the forums you didn't come off that way.

Although I don't see Kokoro through some rose lins at all. I see her as an opportunist Savage which is why she could be my spirit animal. She betrayed him but instead of worrying about that she did what was best for her and I Love that. She was wrong and she felt a little remorse about it later however she went out of her nice girl shell and did what she felt was best for her.

Although working together on the battle field when everyone's life is on the line vs working together in the same robot are to different things. Her performance is 3x better with Mitsuru than it is with Futoshi because she isn't interested in Futoshi but is in Mitsuru. So I would disagree that some of the issue was there teamwork. She knew her comparability with Futoshi was low.
Mar 24, 2018 7:25 PM
Feb 2018
It seems like some people are forgetting what world these characters live in. I don't see why people are hating on Futoshi or Kokoro considering they have very little ways of knowing how to navigate relationships, their feelings, and the feelings of others. They are barely taught anything besides piloting franxx and are not exposed to any type of positive romantic relationships to use as reference, so I don't see how people could expect Kokoro to know how to be sensitive to Futoshi's feelngs while pursuing her own desires or for Futoshi to know how to express his feelings for Kokoro without coming off as clingy. Not everyone can be as emotionally mature and perceptive as Goro.
Mar 24, 2018 7:34 PM

Nov 2012
QcK_Dagger_HeaT said:
Epicenter said:

First that last line wasn't geared toward you at all that was more what I took in from a lot of other seriously butt hurt people on the forums you didn't come off that way.

Although I don't see Kokoro through some rose lins at all. I see her as an opportunist Savage which is why she could be my spirit animal. She betrayed him but instead of worrying about that she did what was best for her and I Love that. She was wrong and she felt a little remorse about it later however she went out of her nice girl shell and did what she felt was best for her.

Although working together on the battle field when everyone's life is on the line vs working together in the same robot are to different things. Her performance is 3x better with Mitsuru than it is with Futoshi because she isn't interested in Futoshi but is in Mitsuru. So I would disagree that some of the issue was there teamwork. She knew her comparability with Futoshi was low.

At least you see her betrayal, I find your enjoyment for her "savagery" odd, but I can respect that. Some people like characters that do what it takes to get ahead, that's cool. I won't knock her for following her heart.

Still, you give her more credit than understandable. You seem to give her clairvoyance not shown, you make it sound like she somehow knew her compatibility with Mitsuru would be high, when no such signs were shown. You make her sound like this analytical pragmatic person who was just doing things nicely and making promises to Futoshi so them as a one on one pair would do well(even though no such signs were shown of this), but if she was the character you claim she is then she would have had the knowledge to know it would cause friction in the overall team to the point she wouldn't have betrayed him, at the very least she would of attempted to appease him afterwards and take heat off Mitsuru. Instead, the show has showcased her as more of a meek person and that she was indecisive until she decided to finally go for Mitsuru when she had the chance, she showed no signs of caring about the stability of the team like you seem to imply. Goro made the same type of love stuff to Ichigo(except in a less lame way), and you didn't see Ichigo lying to him for the team, and again there are no signs Futoshi wouldn't have worked well with her if she hadn't made the promise. She maybe an opportunist, but she is also a type of person that cannot handle confrontation and being upfront with people.

Edit: Also, the fact Mitsuru is sick(and she knows he is sick) and has a worse number than Futoshi(he is 214, while Mitsuru is 326) also discredits this super analytical side people seem to be giving to her, many people seem to act like she's a super smart chick who went for the better meal ticket because Futoshi is a fat loser(though no signs of her disliking his fat was ever shown). Future wise, Mitsuru is more bleak wise than Futoshi by the numbers. She is just a meek woman who fell in love, and went the wrong way about getting the man she wanted.
EpicenterMar 24, 2018 7:48 PM
Jaywalker.
Mar 24, 2018 11:12 PM
Sep 2012
Gonna copy paste my response to both these topics:

To the best of our knowledge, this is set in a world where people stay disconnected with one another and gets pleasure from some sort of machine.

Based on that knowledge we can almost guarantee that none of these kids grew up in a "normal" environment, and definitely none has ever been in a relationship before. I mean... they didn't even understand what kisses are or what it means to like/love someone.

So really:
* How could Futoshi know what is enough or how to control his own emotions?
* How could Kokoro know how to handle a situation when she probably feels uncomfortable confronting Futoshi's confession while her friend/teammate is definitely suffering from some sort of trauma
* How could Mitsuru know how to handle his own emotions and not let his childhood trauma haunt him (and to be fair, it's probably not even that long ago that it happened)

An REMEMBER, none of them are "adults" (past age 18 / emotionally mature / emotionless and detached)

TL;DR Stop blaming teenagers living in a fictional world by calling them b***h or fa* a** or whatever it is
Mar 24, 2018 11:39 PM

May 2016
Epicenter said:
QcK_Dagger_HeaT said:

At least you see her betrayal, I find your enjoyment for her "savagery" odd, but I can respect that. Some people like characters that do what it takes to get ahead, that's cool. I won't knock her for following her heart.

Still, you give her more credit than understandable. You seem to give her clairvoyance not shown, you make it sound like she somehow knew her compatibility with Mitsuru would be high, when no such signs were shown. You make her sound like this analytical pragmatic person who was just doing things nicely and making promises to Futoshi so them as a one on one pair would do well(even though no such signs were shown of this), but if she was the character you claim she is then she would have had the knowledge to know it would cause friction in the overall team to the point she wouldn't have betrayed him, at the very least she would of attempted to appease him afterwards and take heat off Mitsuru. Instead, the show has showcased her as more of a meek person and that she was indecisive until she decided to finally go for Mitsuru when she had the chance, she showed no signs of caring about the stability of the team like you seem to imply. Goro made the same type of love stuff to Ichigo(except in a less lame way), and you didn't see Ichigo lying to him for the team, and again there are no signs Futoshi wouldn't have worked well with her if she hadn't made the promise. She maybe an opportunist, but she is also a type of person that cannot handle confrontation and being upfront with people.

Edit: Also, the fact Mitsuru is sick(and she knows he is sick) and has a worse number than Futoshi(he is 214, while Mitsuru is 326) also discredits this super analytical side people seem to be giving to her, many people seem to act like she's a super smart chick who went for the better meal ticket because Futoshi is a fat loser(though no signs of her disliking his fat was ever shown). Future wise, Mitsuru is more bleak wise than Futoshi by the numbers. She is just a meek woman who fell in love, and went the wrong way about getting the man she wanted.

Very, very eloquently put. I couldn't have expressed this any better myself. I see too many people allowing their personal preferences to influence their perception rather than see the relationship drama as it really is. Possibly because some people inherently and unjustly abhor fat people and some sympathise with being rejected to too great an extent.
Mar 25, 2018 2:46 AM

Feb 2015
Epicenter said:
TheGrandSage23 said:

'

She did betray him but I don't think it was her fault, because she just didn't know she'd have the opportunity to actually change partners. She doesn't hate him or want to get away from him for any other reason other than that she's just more interested in Mitsuru. She did lead him on, but he's the one who dumped all that promise stuff on her.
And I do think that his assertiveness was a tad bit too much.
Mar 25, 2018 2:54 AM

Dec 2015
Im not gonna defend anybody lol , looking how futoshi say all those things its hard for kokoro to reject futoshi feelings , because if she reject it , it might affect him later but ofc by not rejecting it she just make it worse especially after partnering with mitsuru
Try thinking what to say to futoshi in kokoro situation , Ofc you still need to think what to say so the easy way kokoro just said yes
Mar 25, 2018 2:55 AM

Feb 2015
Epicenter said:

Futoshi is a simp(or in other words a white knight), and nobody should feel bad for him, especially when he attacked Mitusru and told him to protect Kokoro when Kokoro is the one who lied to him.

How would the others know how a married couple gets along?
Anyways, the only way I could perceive things between them since the start is that she was just being nice to him because she's that kind of person. He's at fault for getting led on.
It's true, she could've not promised him anything, but then again she also didn't know she would have the opportunity to change to Mitsuru.
Mar 25, 2018 3:42 AM

Sep 2013
futoshi is a good egg i like him
Mar 25, 2018 3:50 AM

Sep 2014
people still dont realize they cant use our concept of love and relationships for DitF where all of that literally means nothing. She always confirmed that she wanted to pilot the franxx together with Futoshi, instead of saying something like "I want to help the edgelord just look at him" she pretty much backstabbed him. Yeah he was getting annoying, but you guys are seriously messed up if that justifies such behaviour.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Mar 25, 2018 3:56 AM

Mar 2018
Kokoro could at least have given him an explanation, like "I'm sorry I hurt you but I should never have made that promise in the first place". Instead she's completely ignoring him. And that's what bothers me the most since it seems to go against her character.

And wth is up with Mitsuru, being stuck on a broken promise they made when they were like 5 years old.
Mar 25, 2018 4:17 AM

Oct 2015
lcd said:
Gonna copy paste my response to both these topics:

To the best of our knowledge, this is set in a world where people stay disconnected with one another and gets pleasure from some sort of machine.

Based on that knowledge we can almost guarantee that none of these kids grew up in a "normal" environment, and definitely none has ever been in a relationship before. I mean... they didn't even understand what kisses are or what it means to like/love someone.

So really:
* How could Futoshi know what is enough or how to control his own emotions?
* How could Kokoro know how to handle a situation when she probably feels uncomfortable confronting Futoshi's confession while her friend/teammate is definitely suffering from some sort of trauma
* How could Mitsuru know how to handle his own emotions and not let his childhood trauma haunt him (and to be fair, it's probably not even that long ago that it happened)

An REMEMBER, none of them are "adults" (past age 18 / emotionally mature / emotionless and detached)

TL;DR Stop blaming teenagers living in a fictional world by calling them b***h or fa* a** or whatever it is

not gonna work this time my dude. Internet is full with meme nowadays.
Mar 25, 2018 4:32 AM

Oct 2017
This brings up some glaring plot holes. Seems to me they were all raised the same, without morals, only blind patriotism for the state. Like some kinda socialistic hellhole. So who taught fatty his sense of morality? His ideal chauvinism towards women. How do they know what marriage is and that monogamy is the moral path?

But yeah, this fat cuck’s outrage towards bundle of sticks limpdick was unjust. It should have been towards his adulterous partner, who committed the act of betrayal.

Koko no longer best girl. I guess I’ll have to go with the feisty firecrotch tsundra.
Mar 25, 2018 10:44 AM
Jul 2017
true but you are saying it in a hateful way

i find Kokoro's decision to be an acceptable one i have nothing against her for wanting something else
Mar 26, 2018 7:31 AM

Dec 2012
In single days we have two thread directly to criticism characters, choose you pick girl or boy. I love this anime.
Mar 27, 2018 10:32 AM

Sep 2015
Epicenter said:
QcK_Dagger_HeaT said:

Well stated and I would have to agree with most of what you said especially your last edit section. She didn't make a choice based on picking a better partner to benefit her in the long run. Like you stated with Mitsuru is sick and all and I agree with you that she was just a girl following her heart. All our characters are hitting their puberty stages and for some reason, Kokoro was attracted to Mitsuru (whether it was a physical or emotional attraction I cannot say as the anime hasn't given an indication one way or the other.) So she wanted to be with him more than Futoshi.

Although I disagree with you about her being a meek character. I think if she was a meek (quiet, gentle, submissive) character she would have been complacent and would have stuck with Futoshi because she wouldn't have wanted to hurt him. I think she puts a meek image as an outward appearance but as she stated in the anime, she isn't the quiet gentle girl that everyone thinks she is. I think her betrayal (and anyone who doesn't think she betrayed him is just being ignorant) is her stepping out of her character that everyone thinks she is and becoming more of who she really is on the inside. I think she was been being meek in the past and that has been creating an inner conflict with herself. Only time will tell though as we get more character development as that last part is just my hypothesis.

I also have to disagree with you about the clairvoyance statement as that's not entirely what I was getting at. She didn't know that her performance with Mitsuru would be so good. However what she did factually know was her compatibility with Futoshi was on a very low end. On the performance bars that occasionally shows her compatibility with Futoshi if it dropped much low the robot wouldn't pilot. As it was on the lowest end of the spectrum, following her heart wouldn't be risking anything in terms of partner pair performance as there was nowhere to go but up. It just so ended up that when she tried Mitsuru as her partner that the performance aspect increased dramatically. It was a low-risk high reward move to sum it up best and she would have known all that information in the anime. If she had great compatibility with Futoshi, however, this wouldn't hold true.
May 18, 2018 11:04 PM

Sep 2017
Yeah , but atleast from what the episode 18 pv looks like I think he has learned his place..

He was annoying in episode 17 though..

ボールルームダンサー
May 18, 2018 11:41 PM
May 2017
If Futoshi does die, then Ikuno might not be able to pilot a FranXX without a Stamen.
May 19, 2018 2:38 AM
Mar 2018
Zethus_Thorne96 said:
If Futoshi does die, then Ikuno might not be able to pilot a FranXX without a Stamen.

she will pilot Franxx with Klax princess
May 19, 2018 8:04 AM

Sep 2017
Episode 18 will give some fuel to this thread..

ボールルームダンサー
May 19, 2018 8:30 AM

Feb 2017
Its like you are a motogp racer, you have made a contract with your team.
Suddenly you team changed its mind without any agrement from you because they think, oh its not a big deal, it not even last for a day or someshit. "Idc about your personal thought or feeling as long as my own desire achieved".

Or others small scale everyday things.

Yes its not a big deal it just his work partner, but as we saw, he doesnt made that things going big or babyraging infront everyone. He just disappointed on the first day, but he already chill the next day.

Who is more evil now?

Back to the DITF, on ep 18, now look who is more alpha now?

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
May 19, 2018 9:47 AM

Feb 2015
evoniee said:
Its like you are a motogp racer, you have made a contract with your team.
Suddenly you team changed its mind without any agrement from you because they think, oh its not a big deal, it not even last for a day or someshit. "Idc about your personal thought or feeling as long as my own desire achieved".

Or others small scale everyday things.

Yes its not a big deal it just his work partner, but as we saw, he doesnt made that things going big or babyraging infront everyone. He just disappointed on the first day, but he already chill the next day.

Who is more evil now?

Back to the DITF, on ep 18, now look who is more alpha now?

Pretty unfitting analogy.
When you're in a contract you're legally supposed to abide by it.

She isn't obliged to keep her promise towards Futoshi, especially after the fact she just agreed to the promise on a whim just to get his obsessive ass off her. cause she didn't even know she might have the chance to change.
May 19, 2018 2:09 PM

Feb 2017
Goodluck getting trust from the others person in real life with your analogy.
You dont care to others, others dont care about you too for the next time.

I distrust so much people because people act like shit. It doesnt feel good to know you are getting lied, especially infront of people or you are being told by the people.

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
May 19, 2018 2:16 PM
Apr 2009
People calling Futoshi lame for making a promise to always pilot with Zero Two.. Meanwhile, Hiro and Zero two do the same thing, and arent called lame
May 19, 2018 2:26 PM
Mar 2018
Purona said:
People calling Futoshi lame for making a promise to always pilot with Zero Two.. Meanwhile, Hiro and Zero two do the same thing, and arent called lame

Lame just like your message. Zero Two and Hiro love each other, those feelings are mutual. Kokoro doesn't love Fatoshi, she loves Mitsuru. Simple as that.
May 19, 2018 2:49 PM

Feb 2015
evoniee said:
Goodluck getting trust from the others person in real life with your analogy.
You dont care to others, others dont care about you too for the next time.

I distrust so much people because people act like shit. It doesnt feel good to know you are getting lied, especially infront of people or you are being told by the people.

Place yourself in Kokoro's place.
- Some obsessive fat dude's constantly going on about you like you're a 2d waifu and doesn't take into account if he makes you feel uncomfortable.

-You don't even know you'll have a chance to even switch to the guy you actually like.

-He's suddenly dumping a random ass promise out of nowhere, he's your friend and saying yes will also make him tone down his obsessive tendencies, how do you decline? Especially after believing you can't change partners?
If she said no he'd be hurt again and it would still dent their relationship because that would mean she's basically telling him she'll change him if the opportunity arises.

What happened was for the better and considering how much Futoshi basically sprung the whole promise thing on her, it's not her fault.
May 19, 2018 2:53 PM

Oct 2017
Pretty sad this post sums up western audience in general.

In other Asian countries, most people find Kokoro at fault there cuz they didn't judge someone base on their look as much as you guys do.

EP18 shows that Futashi has much better personality than the whole casts.
Only Goro is on par with him.

Kokoro and Mitsuru in a nutshell.
Ventus_SMay 19, 2018 2:57 PM
May 19, 2018 4:22 PM

Feb 2017
@SigmaticDoc
Its not her fault nor him.
Mitsuru and ikuno cant paired, so eventually they will reassemble the couple. But hey, make some permission from your former partner.
And hey what about the edgy lord? He never speak anything despite he is the main problem, why mitsuru and ikuno not compatible?

Fatoshi dont make things getting more big and move on the next day.

Mitsuru so arogant when ride with 02. Later on he dont even trying to resolve his own problem with Hiro, he is doing nothing but hsting and act like a cool edgy lord. In the end Hiro clear things up and say sorry about him cannot remember the promise cause the memory wipe.

Peole hate kokoro because she is cannot be trusted, make sense.
People hate futoshi for expressing his genuine emotion and call him a baby rage, wait what ???

May 19, 2018 5:07 PM
Mar 2008
How about you think about the situation they were in, what they knew up to that point and where they actually were in that moment. SigmaticDoc even mentioned a few points about it.

You, evoniee, are just looking at the "promise" itself and not thinking beyond that point at all. Thats exactly what many others are doing and ultimately hating on Kokoro for no reason.
May 19, 2018 5:16 PM
Mar 2011
Papa's like Thot Begone this episode
My Karma ran over your Dogma
May 20, 2018 1:03 AM

Dec 2015
He is a whiny boy - just like most of the fan base of this anime. :D But it is okay. They also deserve to live in happiness. Doesn't mean I have to like such people him. He is the most annoying char in the series.

APE, Franxx and the older ones (Nana and the other guy) didn't get that much screen time. I have no opinion. Same for Ikuno.

Out of the others Ichigo, Goro, 002, Hiro and Kokoro are okay. Futoshi is annoying. And I don't care about Zoromo and his girl.
May 20, 2018 7:28 AM

Feb 2015
evoniee said:
@SigmaticDoc
Its not her fault nor him.
Mitsuru and ikuno cant paired, so eventually they will reassemble the couple. But hey, make some permission from your former partner.
And hey what about the edgy lord? He never speak anything despite he is the main problem, why mitsuru and ikuno not compatible?

Fatoshi dont make things getting more big and move on the next day.

Mitsuru so arogant when ride with 02. Later on he dont even trying to resolve his own problem with Hiro, he is doing nothing but hsting and act like a cool edgy lord. In the end Hiro clear things up and say sorry about him cannot remember the promise cause the memory wipe.

Peole hate kokoro because she is cannot be trusted, make sense.
People hate futoshi for expressing his genuine emotion and call him a baby rage, wait what ???

as MahodoKusanagi said, you're only looking at the promise itself, not the circumstances surrounding it.
She's not at fault, Futoshi is for springing something like that on her.

Also, Mitsuru already solved his problem with Hiro, the problem was really only on Mitsuru's part and he left it in the past. It's all solved and they're on good terms now.

Mitsuru and Ikuno are not compatible because of Ikuno's unstable numbers. She's into women and mostly thinks about Ichigo, not the battle itself.
May 20, 2018 7:34 AM

Feb 2015
Ventus_S said:
Pretty sad this post sums up western audience in general.

In other Asian countries, most people find Kokoro at fault there cuz they didn't judge someone base on their look as much as you guys do.

EP18 shows that Futashi has much better personality than the whole casts.
Only Goro is on par with him.

Kokoro and Mitsuru in a nutshell.

It's not just the looks. The fact he's a pathetic fat fk aside and probably makes her feel uncomfortable by idolizing her like she's a 2d waifu - he's also obsessive as hell and brought up a really unfair promise to her. If she said no to his promise (''We'll be together forever, you promise?'') then she's basically telling a friend of hers she's ready to change him if the opportunity arises. Not only will this affect their relationship negatively but the whole teamwork of the squad too.

If she said yes on the other hand, his creepy tendencies would stop cause he can be content with the promise, it will preserve the same relationship of the whole squad as it is now, it will keep the status quo without causing unnecessary negativity.
Plus, she never even expected she could change to the partner she really wants to be with.

It's definitely something Futoshi brought upon himself.

Get real for a second.
''Expressing his genuine emotion'' is basically his worst part. Because his genuine emotions are that of a creep. When he went and said ''I love your body'' to her, it clearly made her uncomfortable, not to mention it was weird.

If you have a temporary roommate to share your living expenses with in real life and he asked you ''Let's live together forever in this room, you promise?''
AzurealXMay 20, 2018 7:40 AM
May 20, 2018 7:55 AM
Apr 2009
SNDT said:
Purona said:

Lame just like your message. Zero Two and Hiro love each other, those feelings are mutual. Kokoro doesn't love Fatoshi, she loves Mitsuru. Simple as that.

No~ Zero Two didn't give a shit about Hiro until his memories came back. There would be no current relationship between Hiro and Zero Two, If Hiro was anyone but that kid she met 10 years ago

And yet during the partner shuffle episode Zero Two says "we'll be together forever" knowing damn well she's only using him because he can ride with her

Zero Twos and hiro entire relationship, at the moment, is entirely based around an incident that happened 10 years ago. And not who they were between episode 1 and now
May 20, 2018 12:37 PM

Oct 2017
Luthandorius said:
He is a whiny boy - just like most of the fan base of this anime. :D But it is okay. They also deserve to live in happiness. Doesn't mean I have to like such people him. He is the most annoying char in the series.

APE, Franxx and the older ones (Nana and the other guy) didn't get that much screen time. I have no opinion. Same for Ikuno.

Out of the others Ichigo, Goro, 002, Hiro and Kokoro are okay. Futoshi is annoying. And I don't care about Zoromo and his girl.

Hahahahah

02 , Mitsuru, and Ichigo are all way more annoying and whiny in the whole show, but hey, they're best waifu/ husbando, so I'm gonna be double standard and say Futoshi is more annoying just because I'm annoyed by his look.
May 20, 2018 1:30 PM

Feb 2015
Ventus_S said:
Luthandorius said:

Hahahahah

02 , Mitsuru, and Ichigo are all way more annoying and whiny in the whole show, but hey, they're best waifu/ husbando, so I'm gonna be double standard and say Futoshi is more annoying just because I'm annoyed by his look.

It's not just his looks, but I guess you ignored everything else cause you think I'm hating him solely cause he's fat? Is that some sort of self projection or...? As I said, it's his obsessivness over Kokoro like she's some sort of a 2d waifu. Springing unreasonable promises on her out of nowhere that are hard to decline otherwise it will have a negative effect on their relationship anyway, no matter if she said no then and there or if she swapped with Mitsuru after saying yes.
She didn't know she'll have the chance to ride with Mitsuru and saying no to Futoshi would lead to their compatibility as pilots crumbling and would screw up their whole team.

Ichigo is pretty shitty too, the only reason why she stopped being so annoying is cause she finally realized she stands absolutely 0 chance, especially now that Zero Two is on their side again.

Mitsuru felt betrayed because it's hard to assume the people they idolize so much would do something like alter their memories. He wasn't that bad of a guy.

Mar 20, 2023 6:50 AM
Mar 2023
But still Futoshi always had been nice to her as he loved her.Don't you feel a little bit Bad for Futoshi. And how can you guys say that as he is fat he deserved it...
Mar 22, 2023 4:25 AM

Feb 2015
Goddamn, random notification for this 5 years old thread.

I still stand by Futoshi being 100% completely at fault. 

Not only did he make her uncomfortable on several instances like when he said he loves her body, while being a complete creep, he also sprung a promise on her that had WAAAAAY too much weight in it.

''We'll be together forever, right? Promise me.''  He forced this type of shit on her despite the fact they were only together because the system matched them together, she never showed any interest in him beyond just being nice. He idolized her like a 2D waifu. 

So, the circumstances leave her with literally no choice but to say ''yes'' to the promise.

1. She didn't know she'll get the chance to change to her desired partner
2. Saying ''No'' would only serve to hurt their friendly relations and Futoshi himself while it will also ruin their compatabilty, leading to shittier performance in battle.

Futoshi quite literally trapped her with the promise.

To anyone else who argued in his favor, I'm really curious how treat women irl lol. He was blatantly wrong from the very moment he even sprung the promise on her if not a bit before that.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2018

597 by akiramado19 »»
Apr 17, 9:34 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2018

328 by Aazoka »»
Apr 6, 10:56 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 13, 2018

565 by otakuanity »»
Mar 29, 12:11 AM

» How do we feel about this one years later? ( 1 2 3 )

sorames - Jun 10, 2023

114 by sunatsf »»
Mar 26, 7:50 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2018

638 by SibunaC »»
Mar 4, 2:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.