Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 24, 2018 7:48 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Man, this episode really tried to amplify the drama between the Tachibana sisters and Yuzu. Even getting a little physical....

As for the story itself, I can't feel much about it with how absurd the teenage romance is presented even in the finale. Glad to see this series end although I have to admit the technical quality of the visual quality is quite impressive.
Stark700Mar 24, 2018 8:04 AM
Mar 24, 2018 8:01 AM

Sep 2017
that ending leaves an opening for S2.
Mar 24, 2018 8:29 AM

Oct 2014
Well, I liked it. Overall a good weekly melodrama fix that kept me coming back for more. The story issues honestly didn't bother me that much... It made sense that Mei would push Yuzu away after she gave her so much only to be rejected. But Yuzu finally came out with it and told her how she felt! I'm glad this ended on a high note.
Mar 24, 2018 8:31 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Yuzu and Nina sure are both in difficult positions though. But both have their reasons i guess. Sara sure is perceptive. To think that Sara is willing to let go though. The bond between the sisters really is a strong one. Harumin and Himeko sure make a unlikely duo. But Himeko's words about Yuzu were accurate. Yuzu chasing after Mei in the park sure was amusing. But saying her heartfelt words while running sure was a new one. Its nice that Yuzu was able to make her feelings clear. Nina sure can be intimidating when she needs too huh. Its good that Sara and Nina were able to part on good terms. Nice to see the series ended on a high note.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 24, 2018 8:34 AM

Dec 2017
Brayan_Adam_Andy said:

no it does not, where did you see that?
Mar 24, 2018 8:35 AM

Mar 2011
The episode was decent, the series as a whole as OK at best.

Before I started the series, I expected drama to be on par with Kuzu no Honkai, but if I'm being honest, it wasn't even close.

Doubt we'll be getting a season 2, but we could probably see a sequel special/ova later sometime.

Overall, I enjoyed it.
Mar 24, 2018 8:35 AM

Dec 2017
i really was expecting to see taniguchi-senpai, but shit, it's obvious that the studio won't be making a season 2, so they just ended on that school walking scene
Mar 24, 2018 8:36 AM
Apr 2017
The way they ended this makes me think they don't intend to do a second season. If they intended to do a second season they would have used a cliffhanger.
Mar 24, 2018 8:38 AM

Dec 2017
i'm gonna sound like a manga fangay right now, but imo the anime adaptation couldn't represent the full conveyor of emotions that the manga provided

the funny bits were cool, but the drama parts were way off
Mar 24, 2018 8:39 AM

Dec 2014
Nice finale.

While I'm glad everything settled up nicely, I am gonna cal out onl the way everything happened to be little contrived. XD
Yuzu finally getting her feelings across, Mei putting the teddy bear to Yuzu lips and the follow up kiss was really sweet, loved that.

Sara is a really good girl, It's a little sad to see her get hurt that but I'm glad she held herself high saying that perhaps her destiny was to help Yuzu and Mei get together.

Overall, it was a pretty good show, far better than Netsuzou Trap. While I do feel the show could've done better on a lot of things in terms of the progression it still held up fairly well and it was good enough to watch. The final arc felt like the show was going in circles and the Matsuri arc while being a little annoying to watch ended well enough. The kissing scenes were good. Characters were decent, I found most of them likable which is a good thing and that also leads me to the biggest problem of the show, There wasn't enough of Harumin! XD

7/10, wouldn't mind a second season unless it makes the show go in circles again.
Mar 24, 2018 8:41 AM

Jun 2015
Pretty decent episode with a nice ending. Yuzu and Mei were able to accept each others feelings. The Tachibana sisters were supportive for them. As for the show overall, it's godawful with it's cringy melodrama. 2/10
Mar 24, 2018 8:46 AM

Feb 2009
What a wonderful piece of art. Too bad that Harumin didn't get much action. You will be missed mah girl. *sob sob*
Mar 24, 2018 8:48 AM

Sep 2017
Well, it was alright. The series definitely had its fair share a nice moments, but it got a little too soap opera-y for me. Mostly due to the relationship drama stuff getting a bit too silly. It ended on a fairly nice note anyway.
Mar 24, 2018 8:50 AM

Nov 2016
Glad that Sara was so understanding and I must say that I'm quite happy with this finale and it's presentation. Last kiss was cute and I'm satisfied that it ended on a happy note.

Overall I have mixed feelings about this series,I wanted to like it and I definitely enjoyed many points,especially the good vibe it gave off to me.

Storywise they could've done a way better job,for example I don't even know why needed to bring in Sara and her interest for Mei.Didn't feel necessary at all.

However this didn't bother me enough to drag my score down and I still give it a 6/10.
FMmatronMar 24, 2018 9:16 PM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 24, 2018 9:01 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
gawd.. this anime was so fucking hot...

now if only best girl Harumi got more screen time as well as that girl with the short hair and glasses
Mar 24, 2018 9:18 AM

Dec 2015
Could have used a bit more spicy spice for the finale but it was fine. Decent show for what it was.
Mar 24, 2018 9:33 AM
Apr 2016
I did not believe that they were going to adapt the extra chapter, instead the appeareance of taniguchi-senpai, as an ending for the series but it was a possibility
animefantgnMar 24, 2018 9:37 AM
Mar 24, 2018 9:34 AM

Jun 2008
Y'all may have shat on it but ya still watched it. I love the manga and I love the anime and my 9/10 carries no shame.

See you next season.

(It was better here but I'm still a bit disappointed they ended on the worst arc)
Mar 24, 2018 9:35 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Very predictable, sorry but it was easy to watch how will continue!!! kekeke
Mar 24, 2018 10:08 AM

Feb 2017
I don't know if it's just me but, this a whole conflict with the twins are kinda ruined the finale of citrus.

cuz without a doubt,
matsuri is way better villain than em. I think the finale would've been much more spicy nd awesome if they stick with matsuri awesomeness till the end. and they should've made matsuri more evil to make it happened.
Mar 24, 2018 10:13 AM
Aug 2013
uninstallthegame said:
Brayan_Adam_Andy said:

no it does not, where did you see that?

It only does in the sense that there is more manga to adapt but I think they chose a good stopping point. I would be very surprised by a season 2.
Mar 24, 2018 10:26 AM

Apr 2017
Unlike what I expected, this show lacked any substance, depth and layering I hoped it might have underneath the general fanservice vibes. The story was rushed, often made no sense, and I did not feel any real chemistry between any of the characters. Just your average yuri drivel. I'm glad it's over.
Mar 24, 2018 10:27 AM

Feb 2016
Welp, that's it for this huge disappointment, I really thought it would be better than NTR Netsuzou Trap, but I was Wrong, Netsuzou Trap were actually better.

Harumin Best Girl is the only thing worth in this anime 4/10
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Mar 24, 2018 10:32 AM
Jul 2018
Not as good as i expected, just seasonal anime with yuri.
Mar 24, 2018 10:58 AM

Apr 2013
Nice anime. Time to read the manga.

NETRiP said:
What a wonderful piece of art. Too bad that Harumin didn't get much action. You will be missed mah girl. *sob sob*

Best girl of this season.
Mar 24, 2018 11:03 AM

Jun 2016
uninstallthegame said:
i'm gonna sound like a manga fangay right now, but imo the anime adaptation couldn't represent the full conveyor of emotions that the manga provided

the funny bits were cool, but the drama parts were way off

I personally really enjoyed the anime, but I totally get what you mean. The character designs are nice and they did adapt some part right, but compared to the manga, it seriously doesn't do justice and just makes the series look like some fan-service yuri instead of having well written and interesting characters.
Help the industry and buy Blu-rays and DVD's.
Noragami is the best anime ever.
Mar 24, 2018 11:06 AM

Dec 2017
Yaboku said:

I personally really enjoyed the anime, but I totally get what you mean. The character designs are nice and they did adapt some part right, but compared to the manga, it seriously doesn't do justice and just makes the series look like some fan-service yuri instead of having well written and interesting characters.

dafuq, you say that and you score it as a 10, mate. something is not right here... ._.
Mar 24, 2018 11:07 AM

Jun 2016
uninstallthegame said:
Yaboku said:

dafuq, you say that and you score it as a 10, mate. something is not right here... ._.

Yeah, I know. I rate anime by enjoyment and I still really enjoyed it, so- ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I'm not as harsh on anime as I used to be.
Mar 24, 2018 11:10 AM

Dec 2017
Yaboku said:
uninstallthegame said:

Yeah, I know. I rate anime by enjoyment and I still really enjoyed it, so- ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I'm not as harsh on anime as I used to be.

heh, i see. scores are subjective, so i'm not judging you in any way, either it's a 10 or a 1. just curious
Mar 24, 2018 11:11 AM

Jun 2016
uninstallthegame said:
Yaboku said:

heh, i see. scores are subjective, so i'm not judging you in any way, either it's a 10 or a 1. just curious

The manga is very special to me so I just can't hate the anime too much. I honestly wouldn't mind a second season since there still is quite a lot of stuff to adapt.
Mar 24, 2018 11:14 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
For once I'm further (much further) along in the source than I am the anime adaptation of something. I've got mixed reactions to both versions of Citrus, but I guess for the anime I'm fine with where it ended.
Mar 24, 2018 11:22 AM
Oct 2017
Brayan_Adam_Andy said:
more like “fuck you go read the manga”
Mar 24, 2018 11:24 AM

Apr 2014
it was nice to see they added the extra chapter of vol 4 in there though i do wish they would have put in the rest of the end of ch16 though instead of giving us a anime original ending which kills the chance for a season 2

besides that i really did like the anime even though like i said before theres alot of it that just cant compare to the manga its just alot of parts just didnt give the same impact that the manga gave

even so the things i did love the most about the anime was being able to watch the characters with voices and being fully animated, though still hate the fact the anime ended just as things are about to get really good

but yeah with the anime over finally get the next chapter of the manga next month and its been one hell of a wait so am really excited to see where things goes next with the upcoming chapter !
DazeFireMar 24, 2018 8:57 PM
"one step at a time"
Mar 24, 2018 11:50 AM

May 2015
Really mixed on this series, leaning more towards the bad side of the spectrum. I thought it had potential in the beginning, and I obviously liked the yuri scenes, but it's ultimately held back by the useless drama, and characters that just aren't capable of making up their god damn minds. Remove all the bs with Matsuri and the twins (still can't believe there were THREE meddling type characters back-to-back), have Mei and Yuzu actually talk sooner so we get rid of the indecisiveness, and the show would have been way better off.

5/10

Mar 24, 2018 12:02 PM

Sep 2008
I thought this show went a little downhill the last few episodes. The final arc with the sisters seemed rushed and strange. I mean they just meet and then all this stuff happens right away. It wasn't realistic. The ending of the series was OK, but also nothing unexpected.

I would watch a 2nd season or OVAs but there probably won't be any.

This was actually my favorite show of the season after the first 2 or 3 episodes, but sadly I now give only 6/10 for the show.
Mar 24, 2018 12:03 PM

Jan 2018
I gladly enjoyed this anime, good art and decent drama.

Hopefully the chances for a second season rises.

7/10 anime based on enjoyment!
Mar 24, 2018 12:11 PM

Apr 2017
Trash anime, 8/10
cunnysseur
Mar 24, 2018 12:16 PM

Apr 2012
Well, it was okay, I enjoyed the anime. The last few episodes were a little bit boring though, but I absolutely loved the 2 girls, especially Yuzu. So as I said it was okay. :D I kinda started to ship Harumin and the Vice President by the end. :D
Mar 24, 2018 12:21 PM
Mar 2015
When I started to watch it, I didn't expected that I will enjoy it, but...

I really did. Matsumi, Himeko and Nina. There were some moments I didn't liked them, but after all, all characters we got, were really cool. Even at the end Mei didn't changed, which makes it even better. Ending overall made totally fine, manga is still on-going, ending make it like "we can end it with Season 1, but still have opening for Season 2" which I would like to see.

I somehow got to love those two girls. Also would like to see some of Harumi/Sara and what will their future holds, also how Mei/Yuzu's relationship looks like.

GG! Will somehow miss the show :c
Mar 24, 2018 12:23 PM

Jun 2016
I will miss my weekly dose of Yuzuha. I am tempted to pick up the manga because Lesbians.

Mar 24, 2018 12:37 PM
Dec 2017
Brayan_Adam_Andy said:

I highly doubt that there will be a season two, but I'd like to be proven wrong.
Mar 24, 2018 12:38 PM
Feb 2018
I need to get this off my chest. That final conversation between Mei and Sara (not from the manga) annoyed the fuck out of me. So just because Sara obssessed over Mei after meeting her once and dates her for less than 24 hours, they suddenly get a closing scene (that could have been Mei and Yuzu/ Yuzu and Harumin) where Sara is being all like "I'll allow you to be happy with her" acting all hurt and victimized after we have been keeping up with Mei and Yuzu's on and off crap for 12 episodes. A relationship that developed (not just appeared out of nowhere) with much more drama and substance, much more relatable and believable. So Sara take a freaking chill pill, it wasn't love you were enfatuated with Mei, you have issues girl... *sigh* I feel better now. xD
Mar 24, 2018 12:38 PM

Jul 2016
Very touching ending. Yuzu and Mei were finally able to mutually accept each other's feelings and figure out why they couldn't before. Sara and Nina have their own little relationship and part in the drama. Without Sara, Yuzu probably wouldn't have confessed yet. Nina is good at reading the feelings in the room. Seeing Yuzu and Mei kiss, and hold hands, out of actual love for each other, made for a touching final episode.

Mar 24, 2018 12:41 PM

Jul 2016
whatever_too said:
I need to get this off my chest. That final conversation between Mei and Sara (not from the manga) annoyed the fuck out of me. So just because Sara obssessed over Mei after meeting her once and dates her for less than 24 hours, they suddenly get a closing scene (that could have been Mei and Yuzu/ Yuzu and Harumin) where Sara is being all like "I'll allow you to be happy with her" acting all hurt and victimized after we have been keeping up with Mei and Yuzu's on and off crap for 12 episodes. A relationship that developed (not just appeared out of nowhere) with much more drama and substance, much more relatable and believable. So Sara take a freaking chill pill, it wasn't love you were enfatuated with Mei, you have issues girl... *sigh* I feel better now. xD

Very fair point. I also agree that the scene could've been sued for a much better conversation. I also didn't believe that Sara's love was really that strong, since it kind of appeared. I pretty much just brushed it off, though. It didn't bother me too much, but I agree with you and find some of the same problems.

Mar 24, 2018 1:02 PM
May 2017
the kiss scene is so fluffy and cute ^_^ overall, an enjoyable anime, that slice of life yuri that the industry lacks of having. Without the non-consesual scenes it will be even more appreciated.
Mar 24, 2018 1:12 PM

Apr 2017
Ugh, I can't believe I finished this anime. I feel so ashamed of myself.

She smiled sweeter than Crème Brûlée

Mar 24, 2018 1:13 PM

Nov 2017
I heard an ‘oof’ when Nina jumped on Yuzu and Yuzu on Mei.

plz @ me
Mar 24, 2018 1:16 PM

Jan 2018
I did not know what to expect coming into citrus, it's not something I'd usually watch but I had it recommended to me so I give it a try.

I'm glad I did because it managed to draw me in and warm my heart, glad it ended the way it did and season 2 or not I'm satisfied with the way this ended. :)
Dimmock is a lot like Veal, an acquired taste.
Mar 24, 2018 1:21 PM

Apr 2016
Corny ending, but overall the episode made me forget how bad the past few episodes have been. (And Matsuri) 6/10
Mar 24, 2018 1:22 PM

Mar 2010
rin_the_cat said:
the kiss scene is so fluffy and cute ^_^ overall, an enjoyable anime, that slice of life yuri that the industry lacks of having. Without the non-consesual scenes it will be even more appreciated.

well, without does spice scenes I think I would had dropped it long ago, there where parts I found myself wishing it to slip in to hentai. other than Mei & Yuzu I didn't like the other characters.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Any hope for season 2?

DwaipayanH - Mar 3

15 by Sammango »»
Mar 8, 5:01 PM

Poll: » Citrus Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2018

108 by JeremiahOrange »»
Jan 31, 4:13 AM

» prediction: your first reaction will be "I'm disappointed" ( 1 2 )

GangsterCat - Nov 28, 2016

60 by Daviljoe193 »»
Dec 24, 2023 8:15 PM

Poll: » Citrus Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2018

157 by Daviljoe193 »»
Dec 22, 2023 1:18 PM

Poll: » Citrus Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2018

126 by Daviljoe193 »»
Dec 22, 2023 12:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.