Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Apr 6, 2018 8:22 AM

davinci12 said:
Oh no there won't 7 gintamas in the top ten. Whatever will we do?

Lol, we just wanted nine of the spots.

Apr 13, 2018 11:37 PM

GoldenDevilGamer said:
Andiuxy said:
This is supposed to be the LAST and should be the most SERIOUS, but wow, the only really good episode was the Gengai and Tama one and at the other side of the season we are negotiating with poop and got the cliche need of every side character to appear again, etc etc.

I enjoyed the arc, but really, compared to the last 2 arcs this is sad.

This season shouldn't even be near top 100.
First of all, this arc isn't even over yet. The second part of the arc airs in July. Also, this arc was never meant to be the most serious arc of the series. It's meant to be the most "Gintama" arc of the series. Considering that this is the final arc of the series, it is meant to be a celebration of what Gintama is; a mix of comedy and action. And side characters are give the spotlight because this is they're last chance to have any role. In all honestly, this season is basically Gintama fanservice, bringing in previous characters you thought were gone for good and having its comedic jokes be as crude as possible.

Anyways, you'll probably like the second part of the arc more, since it's almost completely serious (probably will have only half an episode's worth of comedy) and it primarily focuses on the main characters.

That sounds good so I'm hyped more for the next season. This season was overall good but I definitely expected more seriousness from the final arc of the series. I don't think there was any need to bring so many side characters back either (like that annoying Prince dude..), unnecessary fanservice.

Apr 13, 2018 11:40 PM

crystalblade13 said:
Andiuxy said:
This is supposed to be the LAST and should be the most SERIOUS, but wow, the only really good episode was the Gengai and Tama one and at the other side of the season we are negotiating with poop and got the cliche need of every side character to appear again, etc etc.

I enjoyed the arc, but really, compared to the last 2 arcs this is sad.

This season shouldn't even be near top 100.

Why should it be the most serious? Who garunteed that? Did you actually watch all of Gintama or just start from 2015? The final arc is the culmination of the whole series. Characters, drama, comedy, long running gags, long running plot threads- all wrapped up in pure enjoyment. Light hearted doesn't = bad. Have you forgotten what most of Gintama was? What the characters are fighting for? They're fighting to regain their happy times and normal lives, seeing them do their best to have fun and stay positive is a part of the actual plot. Or did you miss the shinsengumi's/ oniwabans antics helping Gin deal with the stress from constant battle and heartache?

The final arc is the best arc of Gintama to me, and I can't fathom some of the anime fandoms complaints, the majority of manga readers seemed to understand what the arc was about and what it meant for the series as a whole pretty quickly- but some certain watchers just want action, action, darkness, and action it seems. Maybe it's the studio's failing somewhat, but I honestly think they've done a great job with the arc all things considered.

Or maybe it's this break that's skewing people's expectations, there was no long break in the manga after all. As stated by others, the next 12 episodes will be much more serious and intense. They're awesome. But I stress, Gintama is a character driven drama with comedy and action. All the characters interactions and personal trials/ relationships/ developments are the driving force of the show and it's heart. Don't really get how any long term fan who actual cares about the characters, could not be satisfied ( from a story perspective anyway) with the first 12 episodes of the arc.

Can wait to see what the anime onlies think of part 3.

I love Gintama's comedy but prefer it when the serious and comedy arcs are separated and the latter are shorter 2-3 eps. For the final arc there just isn't any tension and it lacks emotional impact + focuses too much on side characters that I don't give a shit about but if the next season makes up for it then I'm fine with that.

Apr 19, 2018 3:16 AM

Not sure if it's only me but I feel like the animation quality kinda dropped after FS arc? Or was it always like that? Anyways I hope they're keeping the budget for the hype moments, otherwise I'd be disappointed.

Apr 19, 2018 11:22 AM

Yukkicchi said:
Not sure if it's only me but I feel like the animation quality kinda dropped after FS arc? Or was it always like that? Anyways I hope they're keeping the budget for the hype moments, otherwise I'd be disappointed.

Nope you are right, it definitely dropped. SA and FS already had some flaws in that regard but after that it just feels so low budget.

They really need to deliver on the next season and improve since it should be epic

May 10, 2018 3:10 AM
I think just production problems and inconsistent tone, even though gintama 2017 was i think too dark this is kinda unbalanced some moments are dark and others are ridiculous its fine because its Gintama but what makes the series work is the sense of restraint while adding comedic moments in it. How i liked the scirpt it was excellently done and presented by the voice actors however the production is my main complaint.

Gintama Assassination Shogun Arc, that arc purely in a production standpoint is just far superior, not only its animation at times its done insanely well expectational gintoki vs takasugi alot of talent animators was placed when handling that arc and they other great animated moments. Not only that purely cinematography was excellently done, really well shot and relied on far fewer stills shots.

This arc the actual directing wasn't that great, kinda okay i expect better for the final arc, the editing is fine, how they chose to lighting in some sequences it kinda baffling, as i don't read the manga but i saw particularly a few chapters for some of what the anime did and the manga flowed it much better. Is they good elements in this arc yes, some animation is actually good like Armstrong cannon. Also sometimes overreliances of particular shots or CGI is apparent ( even Toei Animation does better at times with one piece).

However alot of these problems are just the industry problem also, its no secret that anime production has been in a decline despite the constant demand, the industry does not have enough animators to assist. Not only that anime schools have been closing and animator don't have enough training so they work is either going too slow or just not animated that well. Plus I don't think Bandai gave the studio enough production time, they had 2 seasons of gintama in 2017 and then straight away from Porori-hen ( i don't think was suppose to exist ) they had to do this season so outsourcing had to occur.

This is definitely like a 7.9/10 for me, alot of the mistakes does make sense considering how action-packed this season was however Bandai producers who ever manage it should have realized this, its good this series is having a break and considering the preview it looks like they been constantly working most likely from February.

May 21, 7:41 AM

Bangalo said:
This arc was utter shitness. After Shogun Assassination, Gintama has not been the same.
i feel you
i didnt start this season,
and i am not sure i even will,
its just got to borring and repetitive after the death of the shogun...
the comedy was 10/10 for most gintama series,
but now its lame.

Jun 1, 6:23 PM
JoJokester

Gintama for me is better when it’s a comedy. The serious stuff is good but it’s not what I fell in love with the series for.
"Whether doing good or evil, I will be the boss."

Jun 1, 6:48 PM
Take it easy OP, its just a rating.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]