Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 23, 2018 4:05 AM

Sep 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I don't know what to say tbh lol. It was really episodic for most of the show until the last few episodes. Gai's character is meh. Seiya was the only character I really liked. And the white haired dude is sooooooooo annoying.

This 12 episode ONA doesn't even have a conclusive ending. Sets itself up for another season, and the fact that they just killed the best character of the show... Well, okay then. The "main" villain doesn't really even make his appearance in battle until the last few minutes, too. What I liked about the show was the whole sword aspect but even that kept my focus very limited to the show, thankfully there's dubs for that.

4/10. Waste of time.
TyrelMar 23, 2018 5:28 PM
Mar 23, 2018 4:16 PM

Oct 2014
Wait... THAT was the ending??? I literally jumped from my seat after seeing there were no more episodes. What even was this? I regret wasting my time on this. The only thing that made this possible to get through was Seiya but he was barely in it! What a guy though, he came back for his wife even though she was all old and wrinkly. At least the visuals were pretty good... I liked the neon-lit urban setting but so much time was wasted on those random vignettes that had approximately 2% relevance to the story.

I definitely won't be coming back to this if it gets the sequel that it's ending so clearly is begging for.
3/10
RebelPandaMar 23, 2018 7:17 PM
Mar 23, 2018 7:47 PM
Feb 2014
I just finished it and oh boy, that was really weak. It started somewhat promising then went downhill from there. I was waiting for something awesome to happen in those last 3-4 episodes, but nope. The whole season felt like a giant prologue. 5/10 and I am being generous.
Mar 23, 2018 7:48 PM

Jun 2016
Looks like a fine franchise. Nothing great, but not too bad either. Ending was mediocre, show was chaotic in bad way. However, production quality is very high in visual department, so it's still not in bad category. I'd give this about 5.5, so 6/10.

I guess it's time to wait for a sequel.
Mar 24, 2018 10:07 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
It started off pretty good... but it became a chore midway. It's an adaptation of a manga, right? Did they adapt the whole thing, stop midway, or go anime-original. Anyways, not a bad anime, but not quite good either. Weakest of the anime Netflix exclusives released this year.

5/10
Mar 26, 2018 10:31 AM
Sep 2015
I can't really find manga to continue reading from that disrupted ending, but in 'Sword Gai Evolve' volume 4 release this month (sequel of Sword Gai) in the front page cover there's
which is good because I ship them LOL

PS. I think Sword Gai clearly want to be Garo, but it's just a lesser rip-off in this adaptation.
phantomfandomMar 26, 2018 10:40 AM
Mar 26, 2018 5:01 PM

Dec 2013
Lawl, looks like a mix of everything i've seen in a null and unconclusive way. There is berserk's gutts birth, lot's of Saint Seiya quotes, like, Shiryu Seiya, D.Gray-Man, Devilman, oh shit.... and meeeh, looked like it would end up in a Fate staynight shit, lsike sword brawl crap... oh gosh, in the end the most developed characters vanish (maybe not permanentely). That very organization seems to be as bad as that GrimmRipper guy, collecting dozens of weapons and treating crisalis like garbage. Well, w/e. Waste of a bood animation on a shitty script. I'll try the continuation if there is one, perhaps the second shiryu becomes his left arm LAwl

If you don like watching null crap, skip this one.
Mar 26, 2018 7:09 PM

Sep 2016
its fine in my eyes, 6/10

Wanted more screen time for Seiya tbh
The Anime Binge Is Life

-PolarCyrus97 2k17-
Mar 27, 2018 10:50 AM
Aug 2016
One of the worst shows I have seen for a while. It stems off in various directions, never really fixed on where it is headed and doesnt even finish. Maybe a 2 cour but god I hope not...
Mar 31, 2018 4:45 PM
Sep 2014
I liked the beginning and I think the character of Gai and Seiya were set up really good, I just wish it would have had a better ending to this season...
Even if there will be a sequel, this kinda felt like they stopped midseason, right in the middle of the most important fight. In the end nothing was resolved and none of the main antagonists were defeated.

I would have really liked to see more development in Gai, maybe even him fusing with the second Shiryu? But in the end he didn't really change at all and was still the same as in episode 1.
I really enjoyed Seiya though and his story was really well done.

I did really enjoy the anime and the art is great, it just feels like it's not complete, there were a few new characters introduced in the last few episodes who in the end haven't played any important role whatsoever. You'd almost think they have forgotten to release the other half of the season, like there were supposed to be a few more episodes but those are missing. All in all, I will be waiting for a second season, that hopefully will give me the conclusion that this season did not.
Apr 1, 2018 1:10 PM
Mar 2017
You know how you start watching something just because seems interesting, keep watching episode after episode and then come to the last one and you realize that THAT was the LAST ONE????? What just happened? How do you kill off the guy who was the best character in the anime? I hope if hey have another season that they find a way to bring hm back from turning into a demon. The weird art, is that the demon weapon that he had didn't seem like it was really bad. I mean, he got the weapon because he wanted to survive, not get revenge or anything.

I hope Gai's character changes because he was getting on my nerve. The girl was making me sick of her, but it seems she was the one that can help him control that swords calling for blood. Hopefully there will a season 2 so that things can start to make sense with their being so many swords in the world and people keep finding them randomly, Gai's finally getting stronger, and the creator bring Seiya back. PEASE bring him back. Gai needs him. I need him.
Apr 7, 2018 12:45 AM
Mar 2012
Season2 confirmed.
Well wasn't that bad... less boring than say beatless.
Actually I find the focus on random episodic sword stories much better than action focus, like a better Ito Junji horror with nice art (tho lots of iffy animation & bad framing).
Very weird plot some batshit weird characters, showing maybe too many random characters.
Miku gets punched then burns everything. Edgy facepaint man & princess whatever, etc all of them contribute nothing to the story yet.
Weird backstories: mc Gai, Ogata blacksmiths dragon ancestry, Gallon's Hammer with the horrifying ship etc. Barber masochistic man with hair fetish. Snow fairy rib story. Lots of edgy screams. Well these at least get points for creativity into very weird stuff.
Nice get another cour to suffer thru.
Gai is incredibly angsty & edgy so annoying that I'll overlook Sayaka's over protectiveness. Seiya's a good chap. Lightningman's a great senpai too bad his lover's just manipulating each SwordBoy in a disgusting manner all for Shoshidai. Rich Blondie got cucked then turned gay. Rich Whitie is a creepy stalker in the name of charity.
Apr 18, 2018 1:10 AM

Jul 2013
Loooool! Gai died? What the actual fuck? This is shit I've wasted so much time in this. But I'm gonna be a little generous and still give it a 4 cause the visuals is ok.
Apr 18, 2018 1:15 PM

Jul 2013
I liked the anime. Though waste of screen time regarding history of the demon tales
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 19, 2018 9:49 AM

Jul 2013
Inferno_Blaze said:
PrimeX said:
Loooool! Gai died? What the actual fuck? This is shit I've wasted so much time in this. But I'm gonna be a little generous and still give it a 4 cause the visuals is ok.

You meant Seiya right?

Thats obvious which I assume PrimeX wasn't really tuned into the series hence getting names mixed up. Am I right or wrong?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 30, 2018 10:21 AM
Jul 2008
There're 3 Netflix anime in this season I watched. The other two are quite good, sadly this one is quite bad.
It has good premise and good start but eventually it become messy. Story is all over the place.
There are even some characters in the opening video that haven't appeared yet. It's clear that those characters were intended to appear in this season.
May 4, 2018 10:21 AM

Dec 2015
I don't know what is worse. This or the 5 episodes of AICO that I watched from Netflix. Regardless, I felt that this was all kinds of bad and all over the place. Story didn't flow at all, if one was even present, MC wasn't that interesting, Sayaka was a broken record just to name a few things that I had issues with.

In conclusion, hard pass. Don't bother wasting your time with this one.
May 8, 2018 7:40 AM

Oct 2015
They killed off the only character I liked in the whole show and Gai is still an edgelord.

The first episode was great but everything after that was pretty bad.
May 10, 2018 11:18 AM

Nov 2009
This series is a bit (okay, a lot) all over the place, like all kinds of ideas got thrown together, so the resulting story jumps all over the place with no real vector or direction or purpose. It gets old and annoying after a while.

Seiya was cool, too bad he's gone now...

I guess I'll be watching season 2 when it comes out.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
May 21, 2018 1:17 AM

Jul 2016
Was very all over the place but in the end an enjoyable ride for the most part.

So many unanswered questions so I guess I am waiting for the next season.

1). Who is lady Himiko?

2). Who was the blonde chick who gives weapons away?

3). What is the grim reapers plans?

4). What is the point of wussy boy?
Apr 5, 2019 8:45 AM
Apr 2019
So I understand most of the ending, but what was up with the sword that they forged at the very end?
Apr 22, 2019 12:04 PM
Jun 2016
I wasted my time that 3/10
Aug 24, 2021 7:21 AM
Jul 2021
I hated this show!! Out of everybody I hated Sayaka. It was cause of her Matoba even became a Busoma. If she liked Gai then why did she let Matoba kiss her. She just broke his heart. I also have so many questions like did Matoba die or what,did Gai overcome the darkness he was in, What happened to Arnys, the girl who killed Issei's little sister. Seriously, what a horrible show!!
I only liked Himiko she deserved to be with Gai. This show deserves a 2/10.
a_dangoAug 24, 2021 7:26 AM
Apr 6, 2023 11:26 PM
Feb 2023
stupid anime, silly spectacle, that's what this boils down to

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Gai: The Animation Episode 5 Discussion

PrimeX - Apr 3, 2018

4 by JustMustQuiet »»
Aug 14, 2022 3:14 PM

Poll: » Sword Gai: The Animation Episode 6 Discussion

PrimeX - Apr 4, 2018

3 by Wolfgang_Otto »»
May 19, 2022 12:04 PM

Poll: » Sword Gai: The Animation Episode 4 Discussion

PrimeX - Apr 3, 2018

5 by Wolfgang_Otto »»
May 18, 2022 12:31 PM

Poll: » Sword Gai: The Animation Episode 2 Discussion

PrimeX - Apr 3, 2018

4 by Wolfgang_Otto »»
May 18, 2022 11:44 AM

Poll: » Sword Gai: The Animation Episode 3 Discussion

PrimeX - Apr 3, 2018

4 by Cilbiyah »»
Apr 7, 2022 5:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.