Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Dec 21, 2020 4:12 PM

Jul 2017
And the rewatch is over, and a lovely way to wrap it up, even though the manga is still ongoing now. The proposal there was really sweet, glad to see them make up, rely more on each other to communicate and fully commit to each other after everything that happened like that. Chise looked amazing in a wedding dress with the veil, and was quite happy to share rings with Elias on the ring fingers of their left hands. Great couple I'd say with some really pleasant development overall from the beginning of the show till now.

Overall, this was an outstanding anime for me. It was great when I first saw it weekly but after rewatching it, it evolved onto something more passionate, personal and breathtaking as an experience. The visuals were fantastic, the music was fantastic (except the awful 2nd opening song), the characters were fantastic and the episodes were fantastic from the stand alone ones to the arcs too with great progression throughout and a terrific dub/sub too.

Minor flaws aside, I loved the hell out of this and have no issues giving this anime a 10/10 overall on MAL. I know a lot of people found it disappointing or slow overall, but I found the natural pacing to only work for the beauty of the show and I found it to be entertaining or fascinating the entire time without fail. 2017 was a blessed year with some absolutely fantastic shows like this, Tsuki ga Kirei, Girls Last Tour and sequels like the March Comes in Like a Lion Season 2 and Owarimonogatari Season 2, and more.
Jun 13, 2021 1:33 AM
Feb 2020
agilityredfox said:
This was a great last episode but for me personally it hasn't done enough to make up for the general lack of direction the series suffered from for most of the second cour.

Technically, it's a very beautiful show and the characters were great, but it just lacked a concrete story other than Elias & Chise getting into trouble.

I just completed the show and i agree with you it wasn't v impressive, it doesn't have any purpose and it's kinda weird m gonna read the manga bcz I can't leave things unfinished but m pretty sure manga's gonna be even weirder
Jun 13, 2021 1:39 AM
Feb 2020
Akiho90 said:
First of all: Please don't get me wrong in any way, I do not want to bash anyone's love for this anime. Everything that follows is just my opinion ;) (Keep in mind, different people like different things)

I liked the first half to the point where I gave the anime a 8 and I had nothing put praise during the first 3-4 episodes.

Now with the second half it plummed down to 5 :(

I felt so annoyed by the constant repetitions and fake cliffhangers or fake "Chise is in danger situations" that I had real troubles to enjoy it. Not all of them were "fake" but way too many. Even a fake death we had this time, only to be resolved within 1 minute).
And seriously the issue with what Elias wanted to do to Stella is WAY to easily resolved, it nearly made me sick.

The graphics alone couldn't help me to enjoy the anime more unfortunately...

Somehow I also couldn't warm up to the main characters, and it's not because of the difficult mind sets. So many scenes left them in bad light. Elias for obvious reasons. And Chise because of her non-existing possibilty to LISTEN to anything someone warns her of. I get that she doesn't value her life a lot and she is traumatized but I personally cannot enjoy this kind of behavior nonstop.

I'm glad however that I pulled through, it was no horrible watch. But I'll skip on a possible second season ;)

Eternal love for Ruth and Silky though <3

I completely with your opinion, I can't understand both of the main characters myself, first Elias, he's kinda monstrous character but he doesn't stay in char, sometimes he acts like a father sometimes lover, sometimes that toxic beauty and beast relationship, it's all v confusing, if he's a bad person than he should stay bad and chise should love him nonetheless,like Klaus Michelson or something,

Second chise, what r her feelings and objectives towards Elias , is she in love but how can she in love with that bone head he looks and actually is disgusting,
Overall I didn't like the show v.much unlike others
Jun 17, 2021 11:51 AM

Jun 2019
My 65th completed series chronologically.

For the record, I extended it a 9/10 rating.
Jul 8, 2021 9:57 AM
Jun 2019
I NEED SEASON 2 !!! 😭😭😭
Aug 2, 2021 3:05 PM

Mar 2021
Last episode.
that wedding scene is so wholesome and beautiful. I heard this one could have a sequel (or an OVA) which is very nice although it's still not confirmed.

A very good Anime
Oct 24, 2021 6:23 PM

Jan 2021
For one thing I really wish they would've delved more into Elias's origin instead of just calling him a failure of the forest all the time, also, how do you consummate a marriage with a half wolf, half vine, half fish, half Texas Roadhouse wall decoration?
Nov 4, 2021 11:31 PM

Jan 2021
amazing... just amazing.

i was mesmerized, from start to finish.

unbelievably sad and beautiful. i will never forget this story.
Dec 11, 2021 9:13 AM
Nov 2020
Everything about this last episode was just amazing.
Jan 3, 2022 4:53 PM
Dec 2021
Great anime!!!! Greninja.
Jan 24, 2022 9:52 PM

Dec 2009
Rewatching this, i'll never understand why stories do this... granting a character mercy, forgiveness, or even reprieve, when they've destroyed so many lives, simply because "boohoo they've suffered so much". Joseph/Cartephilus should have been erased. Payment for crimes is not getting any joys. Mercy for suffering is a swift end. Result is no further suffering is caused by their existence.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Jan 27, 2022 1:21 AM

Jun 2019
GenesisAria said:
Joseph/Cartephilus should have been erased. Payment for crimes is not getting any joys. Mercy for suffering is a swift end. Result is no further suffering is caused by their existence.

He would have gladly and readily taken "a swift end" centuries ago. That was the whole point. His life was extended and he was kept alive artificially by a curse, only to feel the agony of his body constantly rotting away and still feel all the anguish of injury/disease/ravages of time. He was condemned to live in 24/7 agony, which is why he was seeking to construct a new body. Eternal physical chronic pain and torture is a fate already worse than death.

His fate in the end was akin to putting a chronic pain sufferer in a medically-induced coma.
WatchTillTandavaJan 27, 2022 1:26 AM
Jan 30, 2022 7:01 PM

Dec 2009
WatchTillTandava said:
GenesisAria said:
Joseph/Cartephilus should have been erased. Payment for crimes is not getting any joys. Mercy for suffering is a swift end. Result is no further suffering is caused by their existence.

He would have gladly and readily taken "a swift end" centuries ago. That was the whole point. His life was extended and he was kept alive artificially by a curse, only to feel the agony of his body constantly rotting away and still feel all the anguish of injury/disease/ravages of time. He was condemned to live in 24/7 agony, which is why he was seeking to construct a new body. Eternal physical chronic pain and torture is a fate already worse than death.

His fate in the end was akin to putting a chronic pain sufferer in a medically-induced coma.

I'm well aware. My point is that the whole letting him live peacefully after all ending was dumb. She shoulda used the dragon curse to kill him or destroy his curse so that he died normally.

Jan 30, 2022 8:31 PM

Jun 2019
GenesisAria said:
I'm well aware. My point is that the whole letting him live peacefully after all ending was dumb. She shoulda used the dragon curse to kill him or destroy his curse so that he died normally.

The point about those two curses is that they cancel each other out, so I doubt it would have worked anyway.

But really beyond that, I don't see how their actions are unwarranted here. This gives him what he wanted (an escape from pain) and prevents him from being such a threat or menace to others. A lot of anime, including this one, aren't obsessively focused on the idea of meting out punishment for past deeds as the correct approach because it reduces everything to a black-white dichotomy when usually there's a whole wide range of intricate factors and circumstances at play driving a person to act the way they do and just assigning blame, judgment, and punishment doesn't achieve anything positive or meaningful in the long run or help others understand how a situation came to be the way that it is. It just makes the executioner/punisher feel good about themselves in the moment, morally superior/self-righteous, and vindicated, but it doesn't address or do anything to correct the root causes or reduce or eliminate similar circumstances affecting more people and giving rise to another identical incident in the future.

If the story didn't kill Joseph/Cartaphilus and make a point of it serving as a big spectacle or lesson, then I would say it's because the writer/original author doesn't see the value behind that as a lesson nor enhancing the story from a purely entertainment standpoint.

Feb 2, 2022 2:27 PM

Dec 2009
WatchTillTandava said:
GenesisAria said:
The point about those two curses is that they cancel each other out, so I doubt it would have worked anyway.
That is entirely up to the writer. It could have been written that the dragon curse cancels out the immortality curse, and then they die as a mortal human being somewhere...

But really beyond that, I don't see how their actions are unwarranted here. This gives him what he wanted (an escape from pain) and prevents him from being such a threat or menace to others.
He brutally murdered and eviscerated and tormented many people... painfully and slowly killing them, putting through unspeakable agony, ruining their lives and the lives of others, and been doing this constantly for 2000 years? He's surely got the blood of tens of thousands on his hands, and not the peaceful kind. He doesn't deserve ANYTHING. It doesn't matter if "boohoo he was suffering" it doesn't justify actions which cannot be undone.

A lot of anime, including this one, aren't obsessively focused on the idea of meting out punishment for past deeds as the correct approach because it reduces everything to a black-white dichotomy when usually there's a whole wide range of intricate factors and circumstances at play driving a person to act the way they do and just assigning blame, judgment, and punishment doesn't achieve anything positive or meaningful in the long run or help others understand how a situation came to be the way that it is. It just makes the executioner/punisher feel good about themselves in the moment, morally superior/self-righteous, and vindicated, but it doesn't address or do anything to correct the root causes or reduce or eliminate similar circumstances affecting more people and giving rise to another identical incident in the future.
No it doesn't. Using that logic is the same as saying anyone can be a murderer as long as they're tormented and make you feel bad for them you can let them off the hook... Are you kidding me? It's not about temporary revenge satisfaction, it's about the fact such an individual needs to not exist. I am one of the least morally self-righteous person you're going to see comment on this, it's not an issue of moral, it's an issue of ethics and cause and effect.

If the story didn't kill Joseph/Cartaphilus and make a point of it serving as a big spectacle or lesson, then I would say it's because the writer/original author doesn't see the value behind that as a lesson nor enhancing the story from a purely entertainment standpoint.
They don't have to make a spectacle of killing him... But they wrote it like everyone should forgive him. "It's okay to murder, it's okay to subject people to unspeakable horrors and torture, he's sad so we should let him be happy, even if he might murder someone else." It's absurd. It's not proportional response. Proportional response would be eye for an eye. It'd be a hard debate to say whether 2000 years is equivalent to ruining many lives, but if we were to assume it's equivalent, then the appropriate response is to eliminate the loop by swiftly and conclusively ending it.

Apr 10, 2022 3:35 PM

Jan 2013
After 5 years i finally finished this, and i am gonna be honest.
It's not as bad as i thought before

8/10
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Aug 19, 2022 8:50 AM
Jan 2015
It was really good i liked the ending
Sep 4, 2022 7:36 AM
Jun 2017
Mahoutsukai um ótimo anime de romance, chorei em certas cenas... bom demais, super recomendo e eu assistiria dnv
Oct 25, 2022 3:12 PM
Original Denjin
Nov 2008
This was a really beautiful series all around! Sure it wasn’t super exciting, but that’s exactly what I needed when I started watching it a few months ago. It’s nice, calm, serene and like I said beautiful.

And I’m really happy that there’s going to be a second season being aired this spring.
Cosplay_JoeOct 25, 2022 3:17 PM
Oct 28, 2022 1:16 PM

May 2020
Coughing blood, has a hole in stomach and still singing lullaby, why? To redeem Joseph of his sins. Man I love this medium.

Good thing.. Chise got her eye back, had the size of her arm revert back to normal and then that mesmerizing wedding dress *chef's kiss*. A happy end for everyone, but hey keep an eye on that old geezer Ashen Eye, that man is onto something again.

Second half was a tad weaker to me than the first one, plus that horrendous opening. Though the series as a whole was still a memorable watch. Would've gone with a 9, but guess 8/10 is good for the time being.
Dec 21, 2022 12:07 PM
Jan 2018
S-so perfeeeect!!!
Jan 21, 2023 9:12 AM
Jan 2023
the ending was very wholesome, also that scene with the chair was very cool.
10/10 would watch again.
Jan 23, 2023 6:00 PM
Mar 2020
magical and cool!
Feb 12, 2023 12:56 AM

Jan 2021
Regardless of whether they actually got married or not (I didn't read the manga) I really liked their wedding scene ;")) it's a sweet and safe ending, which is quite satisfying if it does stop at just the first season but still leaves a lot of mysteries to be uncovered and room for a second season.

Now that I've finished watching this, the second season will air in April and I hope it stays this good. I feel quite grateful that I'm watching it now because I only have to wait for two months to see them again lol.

Can't wait to see Lindel, Silky and Merituuli (antics) again xD

Feb 20, 2023 2:59 PM
Jan 2017
Super cliché and very boring. This 'final fight' was so pathetic. I have no idea how this is as popular as it is. This show is king of plotholes and coincidences that just happen to fix everything. Also the chibi scenes dont fit the scenes and mood more than half the time.  The art and music are the only things that saves this show from a lower score for me.
OptimFeb 20, 2023 3:08 PM
Mar 16, 2023 4:32 PM
Mar 2023
it's cute and crazy at times.
Apr 10, 2023 10:49 AM
Mar 2022
the spacing, timeline, development of their relation was wonderful. still when thinking about the age gap and the fact that she's 16 (same with renfred and his apprentice). but it is a very pure relationship in which they learn about life and themselves together. also loved the sentence: still hate my body. but the fact that she has found so much to live for despite that.
Apr 16, 2023 11:00 PM

Nov 2022
Very interesting and different story. Love and death, both intertwined was the theme of this anime. I found it quite original. Ultimately, it seems like she got the best of both worlds. Immortality with the choice of being able to die when she finally wants to die. Joseph didn't have that luxury. He was immortal and could not end it when the suffering got out of hand. In her case, she will be able to die when she finally feels it's time. I'm basing this on the "deal" immortality made with the dragon. The deal was that immortality will continue working indefinitely but one day, even if it's thousands of years from now, one day, he will be allowed to consume her. I'm guessing that means that when she's ready to die, she'll simply tell immortality inside herself to stop fighting and let the dragon do its thing.
Apr 23, 2023 8:38 AM

Feb 2021
I am glad that the second season come out this spring, or else I would have missed this one-of-a-kind masterpiece. Truly astonishing. The last scene is beautiful, "ancient magus bride" after all. 

Curse and blessing are on two sides of the same coin, a curse for one may be a blessing for the other.

Apr 25, 2023 4:49 AM
Dec 2022
Chise recovers and back at Elias home. So funny to see both of them fighting over who's wrong or right. A sweet ending with sort of proposal and wedding?!
Apr 27, 2023 3:59 PM

Jul 2021
Optim said:
This 'final fight' was so pathetic
The final fight was Chise and Elias arguing off screen.
May 14, 2023 5:17 PM
May 2021
Very nice, watched twice
Jun 3, 2023 3:53 AM
May 2023
Dude this was hands down one of my top 3 loved animes of all time thus far. I love how the show involves a little bit of everything, mostly cycling around romance, action, and storytelling themes. It's one of those animes that'll make you sad when it reaches the end because you want more seasons/eps to come out.
Jun 18, 2023 11:27 AM
Jul 2020
This episode was a cute and peaceful way to end the first season. I think the second season will start off just fine. Can I say though, how this really reminds me of Twilight? You've got an immortal guy who wants to do whatever he can to protect his human/more vunerable mate. And the girl that is a legit magnet for trouble and will put herself in danger often. Then they get married?! Plus, plus... Chise's dress resembles Bella's from BDP1. There, said it. <~<;
Jun 20, 2023 7:22 AM
Feb 2019
the skull thing is weird, but its a fun whimsical show. Quite pretty and magical. A bit childish although it portrays mature intonations
Jun 20, 2023 7:22 AM
Feb 2019
the skull thing is weird, but its a fun whimsical show. Quite pretty and magical. A bit childish although it portrays mature intonations
Jun 27, 2023 1:05 PM
Dec 2021
Took me 2 whole months to complete this anime lmao
bellow average as a romance
bellow average as a slice of life
bellow average as fantasy
Jun 28, 2023 2:17 AM
Jul 2022
I honestly loved how she hugged him, but the singing really put me off. No one needs a sing-along when this dude straight-up stabbed you. Also Silky feels like the mute sibling of Chise, I love every scene with her. She's an amazing character.
Jul 19, 2023 1:03 PM

Jul 2008
I give this an 8/10.

Carty survived and Chise is still cursed....not the ending I wanted. Ashen is also still out there too.

But at least Elias and Chise made up and STELLA LIVES!!!! SHE MUST BE PROTECTED AT ALL COSTS!!!!
Aug 13, 2023 1:22 PM

Aug 2019
this show was very good absolutely loved it. its not what i was searching for but the slave premise got me interested :D dont really care for their love i think id like it more if it was more like a parent/child relationship or like they technicallly are master and slave

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 24, 2023 4:55 PM
Sep 2023
So achei ruim que acabou
Oct 5, 2023 7:52 AM
Jul 2023
amazing anime it kept me hooked none stop every moment was so interesting I couldn't keep my eyes off it and I just had to know what happens next perfect amount of tragedy and fortune loved it.
Nov 3, 2023 5:35 PM

Apr 2021
Final show, I didn't expect this last part of the episode.
Dec 6, 2023 7:10 PM
Oct 2022
One of the best animes that I have watched. This was my second time watching the entire show and I had two reasons to do it: the first one was because of the good quality, and the second was because they released the second season of this masterpiece in 2023 and I did not remember a lot of things. This show reached my expectations and gave a good story. The characters' background is well developed and the anime follows most of the manga story. It is so good that I might start reading the manga as well. Animation, songs, voices, characters, everything is just perfect for my liking.
Dec 23, 2023 8:18 PM
Dec 2023
gozei eu aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Jan 14, 12:40 PM
Oct 2023
realne miluju to 24 díl je muj nejoblíbenejčí mam i mangu a mailiju tooooooooo nejoblibenejsi serial
Mar 24, 4:30 PM
Aug 2021
OH MAH GOSHH SO CUTE LOVED THE ENDING WORTH THE WATCH IF UR LOOKING FOR YOUR NEXT SLICE OF LIFE/MAGICAL
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Mills - Jul 26, 2017

375 by yelansh »»
Mar 30, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2018

81 by hales_comet »»
Feb 22, 8:24 PM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

UrbanJahts - Jul 26, 2017

247 by hales_comet »»
Feb 21, 8:09 PM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2017

189 by satyamkumar4005 »»
Jan 12, 9:00 AM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2017

119 by Thaliel »»
Dec 18, 2023 11:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.