Forum Settings
Forums

Original TV Anime 'Tenrou: Sirius the Jeager' Announced for Summer 2018

Mar 22, 3:20 AM

An official website opened and revealed that Studio P.A Works is producing an original TV anime titled Tenrou: Sirius the Jeager. The series is scheduled to premiere for Summer 2018. The main staff and cast for the series have also been announced.

Synopsis
The series takes place in the Imperial Capital of 1930. A group of people known as "Jeagers" landed on Tokyo Station. They carry musical instrument cases and came to hunt vampires. A man named Yuliy stood among them with a striking serenity and unusual aura. Known as a werewolf who had his home village destroyed by vampires, he and the Jeagers engage in battle against the mysterious holy arc known as the "The Arc of Sirius." What truth awaits them?

Staff
Director: Masahiro Ando (Canaan)
Series Composition: Keigo Koyanagi (Regalia: The Three Sacred Stars)
Music: Masaru Yokoyama (Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso)
Sound Director: Jin Aketagawa (Aldnoah.Zero)
Original Character Design: Kinu Nishimura
Character Design, Chief Animation Director: Mai Matsuura (Cheating Craft), Souichirou Sako (Magi: Sinbad no Bouken (TV))
Concept Design: Shiho Takeuchi
Action Director: Masahiro Satou (Stranger: Mukou Hadan)
Art Director: Junichi Higashi, Ayumi Satou
3D Animation Director: Tariki Kiritani
Producer: Infinite
Original Work: Project SIRIUS

Cast
Yuliy: Yuuto Uemura (Bungou Stray Dogs)
Takahiro Sakura, Kenyuu Horiuchi, Nanako Mori
Yuusuke Kobayashi, Shunsuke Takeuchi, Rie Takahashi
Junji Majima, Takehito Koyasu, Kenjiro Tsuda

Teaser Trailer

Official site: http://sirius-the-jaeger.com
Official Twitter: sirius_anime

Source: Comic Natalie

Tenrou: Sirius the Jaeger on MAL
Modified by tsubasalover, Apr 3, 6:39 PM

Mar 22, 3:21 AM

Summer 2018 looks great already

Mar 22, 3:25 AM

2 years after Kuromukuro, let's see what PA has to offer now.

Mar 22, 3:25 AM
Always feels funny to staff's representative show choice by MAL, like he did 2 Mayoiga episodes and 6 Made in Abyss episodes, but let's choose former one lol.

Mar 22, 3:31 AM

Mar 22, 3:42 AM

D-Joe said:
Always feels funny to staff's representative show choice by MAL, like he did 2 Mayoiga episodes and 6 Made in Abyss episodes, but let's choose former one lol.
most of the time they choose the least known anime they worked on so i doesn't look interesting

Mar 22, 3:46 AM

Obligatory hyped because of P.A comment

Staff seems capable too, especially looking forward to the soundtracks of this series.
Kokoro did nothing wrong.

Mar 22, 3:48 AM

Hell yeah PA Works and vampires
read mo dao zu shi

Mar 22, 4:06 AM
This actually looks nice. Plus dat cast!
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!

Mar 22, 4:41 AM

Obligatory P.A. Works hype for me as well. Their works have yet to disappoint me (except for Glasslip). But they're sure full of surprises so far this year. Racing idol horse girls upcoming season, afterwards going vampire? Lol. Still really want to watch their recent SayoAsa movie!

PV looks pretty nice, same goes for the staff. Masahiro Ando did Hanasaku Iroha and Canaan before with P.A. Works. Yet to finish the latter, but the former was really great! He's well-versed in the action and animation department as well, so I can see this show having some neat-looking action sequences, working with the action director! And Masaru Yokoyama is a big plus too. He can produce some amazing music.

Looking forward to this!
Modified by Yuus-Daddy, Mar 22, 4:50 AM

- cold water // manylinks, or something // art by anmi, all hail yuri

Mar 22, 4:41 AM
The director of Hanasaku Iroha, SIGN ME UP

Mar 22, 4:57 AM

I haven't watched any of P.A. Works' other series, but this looks pretty good! For Summer 2018, I'll probably be busy with a lot of the shows left over from Spring, but I'll definitely at least check out the first episode.
::End of Transmission::

Mar 22, 4:59 AM
Otherworldly

Last P.A Works show ( Kuromukuro ) is okay-ish . Since that the first time they make a show with mecha theme. Now is a vampire theme ? Hype already

Mar 22, 5:31 AM

Action anime with Masahiro Ando. Good. From this PV alone the cinematography looked stylish. The composer is one of the best too.

Anyway, it's funny that OP mentioned Hanasaku Iroha as the anime that the director worked on when there are other anime that's more fitting to this announcement.

Mar 22, 5:43 AM

P.A Works + Original work = may give a chance.

Mar 22, 6:04 AM

I predict disaster in BD sales unless they appeal to the fujoshi audience. Shirobako s2 please, not this hollywood-like generic action anime.

Disappointed that Ando after Canaan and Iroha is doing this.
Modified by YorukaWaifu, Mar 22, 6:16 AM

Mar 22, 6:18 AM
You can easily tell that this is going to be good from the trailer

Mar 22, 6:23 AM

YorukaWaifu said:
I predict disaster in BD sales unless they appeal to the fujoshi audience. Shirobako s2 please, not this hollywood-like generic action anime.

lol caring about bd sales in 2018 when majority of profit come from everywhere else like streaming and merch

This isnt 2012 anymore

Mar 22, 6:28 AM
┬┴┬┴┤ ͜ʖ ͡°) ├┬┴

YorukaWaifu said:

moodie pretty much said it

Mar 22, 6:30 AM
Is there anything similar to this out right now? This looks nice.

Mar 22, 6:40 AM

who had his home village destroyed by vampires
I unconsciously rolled my eyes at this...nevertheless I'm somewhat interested, gonna wait for more info first tho.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."

Mar 22, 6:43 AM
This can only be a miracle: an anime whose theme is not a drama made by P.A Works. Finally, after years the company decided to work with other types of gender.

Mar 22, 6:55 AM
YorukaWaifu said:

What's wrong with action anime? Why can't we have action anime plus anime like Shirobako?
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!

Mar 22, 7:00 AM

moodie said:
YorukaWaifu said:

lol caring about bd sales in 2018 when majority of profit come from everywhere else like streaming and merch

This isnt 2012 anymore

I still have to see a late-night original anime with low BD sales getting a second season. There is stuff like Dagashi Kashi, Kakegurui, 3-gatsu no Lion or Shokugeki with bad BD sales with a second season but those are adaptations of popular manga.

And I doubt a lot that this will be successful selling merchandising.

As always, MAL users does not stop surprising me. In the news about isekai, moe, ecchi or fujoshi adaptations there are lots of users throwing shit (we only have to see the news about Isekai Maou staff from yesterday) but if you say something bad about other kind of anime it's better to run away while you can.

Modified by YorukaWaifu, Mar 22, 7:15 AM

Mar 22, 7:31 AM

PA Works has a potential hit unlike in recent years, where it's bland romance after bland romance.

Mar 22, 8:56 AM

The Trailer is interesting, plus it's Masahiro Satou (Stranger: Mukou Hadan) for the action scenes, so count me in.

Mar 22, 9:05 AM

YorukaWaifu said:
moodie said:

This isnt 2012 anymore

I still have to see a late-night original anime with low BD sales getting a second season. There is stuff like Dagashi Kashi, Kakegurui, 3-gatsu no Lion or Shokugeki with bad BD sales with a second season but those are adaptations of popular manga.

As always, MAL users does not stop surprising me. In the news about isekai, moe, ecchi or fujoshi adaptations there are lots of users throwing shit (we only have to see the news about Isekai Maou staff from yesterday) but if you say something bad about other kind of anime it's better to run away while you can.

Not sure what's surprising you there. There are haters for everything and that's surely not something new.

Mar 22, 9:22 AM
That's a very high quality PV they got there

I'm impressed enough to check out at least the first episode
just chilling

Mar 22, 10:24 AM
~ PR Cheerio ~

The last time studio P.A Works worked on something very serious was Kuromukuro. That was a pretty nice series though, and the fact that Canaan's director is coming back after years of working with them we might see his potential again (and I mean very damn serious stuff in a sense).

Mar 22, 11:05 AM
Mistress of Fate

>Vampires
> Sword of the stranger action director

im defo watching this

Mar 22, 11:09 AM
The last time studio P.A Works worked on something very serious was Kuromukuro. That was a pretty nice series though, and the fact that Canaan's director is coming back after years of working with them we might see his potential again (and I mean very damn serious stuff in a sense).

Poor Masahiro Sato, no one considers him. lol

Mar 22, 11:17 AM
director of Canaan and Sword of the Stranger so this is gonna be action packed

Mar 22, 2:50 PM
Kami-sama

I'm interested, will definitely add to my PTW

Mar 22, 3:15 PM

Could be decent? The staff is OK and I trust PA more than most other studios. The setting and the visuals look good.
:3

Mar 22, 3:45 PM

The synopsis sounds pretty interesting! It should be in good hands, considering it's P.A. Works and they have produced a lot of series that I've enjoyed. Hope it turns out well!

Mar 22, 4:03 PM

I'm very much looking forward to this. PA Works is one of my favorite studios. I always appreciate the originals that they produce, even though they're not always the best (Glasslip and Sakura Quest come to mind).

I like werewolves vs. vampires shows (like Underworld), so this should be a lot of fun.

Mar 22, 4:41 PM
Key visual made me think Bungo then I read it's Uemura for MC. Yes.
Great chara design by another video game illustrator. PV looks promising.

Mar 22, 6:27 PM
I hope this hits an affordable streaming service. Meaning anywhere I can watch it for free legally in the states.

Mar 22, 7:18 PM

heeee another Germanophilic anime, so typical.
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)

Mar 23, 12:44 AM

YorukaWaifu said:
moodie said:

This isnt 2012 anymore

Just saying but a new season depends on how high the compayn is in the committee. If a manga publisher is high and the sales of the manga had a boost, then a second season happens. BD matters when a company focusing on this is high in the committee

Mar 23, 7:30 AM

I mean, c'mon guys. It's P.A. Works. At least it will decent.

Mar 23, 11:48 PM
I hope Rie Takahashi's character is important so she can steal the show like every other anime she's in. Also, I want to see more female characters in general. The initial cast list is way too guy focused!

Mar 30, 5:40 AM

So why is there no entry for this on MAL, yet?

Mar 30, 12:00 PM
┬┴┬┴┤ ͜ʖ ͡°) ├┬┴

Yeah, other originals like Black Fox are already in the database and got announced around the same time but for some reason this one is still missing even when its already confirmed for Summer. Never change MAL.

Mar 30, 7:27 PM

this anime really looks interesting. i'm looking forward to it.

May 6, 6:10 AM
News Team
OP: "Sirius" by Kishida Kyoudan & The Akeboshi Rockets
https://twitter.com/sirius_anime/status/992745735593410562
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!

May 6, 6:34 PM
tsubasalover said:
OP: "Sirius" by Kishida Kyoudan & The Akeboshi Rockets
https://twitter.com/sirius_anime/status/992745735593410562

After that Hakata Ramens OP. Awesome band. I can't wait.

Aug 30, 5:06 AM
News Team
2nd key visual after 2 months has aired.
https://natalie.mu/comic/news/297631
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!