Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: ReLIFE: Kanketsu-hen Episode 4 Discussion

Mar 20, 10:40 PM
Yeeesss! Now I can move on. This anime was really inspiring for me.

Apr 21, 8:18 PM
A beautiful end for an awesome anime !

May 11, 9:40 PM

I don't think they will meet again but it's surprising that they still have memories of the experiment.

May 12, 10:55 PM
It was nice to see the ending animated at least, but I'm still not a fan of the different character design and lesser art compared to the beautiful original art of the manga.
The sound track for the atmospheres and directing, as well as the overall effects in the scenes, with cinematography is also bland.

I'm not a big fan of the voices either from most of the characters. They're not what I imagine from my experience of the manga.

... As for the adaptation in faithfulness, I don't remember everything they left out but they skipped through a lot, while only showing the most pivotal moments in the story to rush to the ending.

... The ending itself had a lot of gaps and a lack of the short epilogue from the original last chapter.
His teasing of Oga and Kariu when entering the house and how he actually meets Oga's brother was excluded and changed. This scene was also after Arara reunites with Hishiro.
His discussion with Hishiro after the reveal was excluded. The reunion itself had different dialogue and didn't happen exactly like the manga.

I wish we'd get a proper full faithful adaptation with the correct art and better cinematography and directing in the scenes.

I cried on the scene they hugged as high schoolers, just like I did from the manga.

May 14, 1:49 PM
Supreme Tsundere

waalex11 said:
It was nice to see the ending animated at least, but I'm still not a fan of the different character design and lesser art compared to the beautiful original art of the manga.
The sound track for the atmospheres and directing, as well as the overall effects in the scenes, with cinematography is also bland.

... The ending itself had a lot of gaps and a lack of the short epilogue from the original last chapter.
His teasing of Oga and Kariu when entering the house and how he actually meets Oga's brother was excluded and changed. This scene was also after Arara reunites with Hishiro.
His discussion with Hishiro after the reveal was excluded. The reunion itself had different dialogue and didn't happen exactly like the manga.

I wish we'd get a proper full faithful adaptation with the correct art and better cinematography and directing in the scenes.

I cried on the scene they hugged as high schoolers, just like I did from the manga.

Agree 100% with what is said above.

8.7/10 = 9 (keep in mind I gave the manga a 9.7, there is an HUGE difference between both, the manga is probably the best drama you can read)

I think having this was better than not having anything at all, they at least made the best use possible of those 4 episodes. Ok, they didnt adapt the final 2 amazing chapters, just arranged it to let anime viewers know Chizuru works on Relife lab and that Arata is going to help Ooga's old brother (an arc they skipped so anime onlies wont get much from that scene anyway), at least it worked to give them some extra info, that wouldnt otherwise be there if they had adapted straight.
Cinematography, beautiful art and execution were really lacking, same for the OST (they could have chosen much better scores for their reunion for example).
The exceptions were when it is found chizuru had written that on her hand, and their farewell at the school, those were really nicely done for the little time they had left.

Far from the manga, it was still something the most adamant of "anime only watchers", at least they had some closure here, the rest, give the manga a shot, from start, you wont believe how easy it is to read despite knowing the plot, and second half will have ALOT of extra build and more scenes to give everything you saw here, so much more meaning and enduring joy.

May 15, 9:20 PM
Yeah. Definitely recommend the manga. One of the best romance, for sure.
Heck, I might reread it one day.

Rereading the last chapters again in comparing the anime was bittersweet.
Looking forward to this author's next work. Beautiful digital art too.

May 22, 2:44 AM
El final fue bueno sin dudarlo, aunque la parte donde borran la memoria de Hoshiro y nos dan tremendo golpe emocional con lo que pretendía hacer después, si fue muy impactante. Incluso llegué a pensar que ese era su final, pero sin duda mi alivió llegó al ver que faltaba un tramo más por ver xD

May 22, 2:54 AM
Rewatched this anime twice and loved it. The manga's last 4 chapters added the necessary epilogue, which I wanted. Seriously though, I need one more series like this to fill the void.

Jun 13, 10:20 AM

Kaizaki's a good friend. Oga may have likely forgotten about him, but he still remembered that Oga's brother was in need of rehabilitating. (sequel hook perhaps? lol)

The writing-on-the-hand bit reminded me of Kimi no Na wa. I was really glad to see Kaizaki and Hishiro together at last.

Jun 22, 9:49 AM

It is definitely rushed.

But weirdly, I got satisfied to it.

8/10

Jun 22, 6:27 PM

ohh.. i really liked those 4 episodes but I cant help but feel that this was super duper rushed... A shame because I really started to enjoy watching these characters, especially Kaizaki, Hishiro, Yoake and Oga. I would have loved a proper conclusion with a 12 episode season or something. I wanna say this was a step up from season 1 because I enjoyed it much more but the feel of skipping over dozens of chapters every single minute is just too strong. I also don't like how everything is setup so easily at the end of how they regain their memories of each other.. It doesn't feel very satisfying like the kimi no na wa ending for example. I named that show because I felt like those 2 endings had a few things in common especially with the trinket.

Took me like almost 2 weeks to finish 17 episodes but I definitely did enjoy my watch. I could really connect with the memory loss story and the feeling of leaving happiness and friends that you cherish behind, knowing that they will forget about you is super sad to me.

Jul 20, 10:25 AM
Wish they had went into at least a little detail about the memory erasure procedure. I suppose Kaizaki and Hishiro's pills included whatever unbelievablly specific drug they devised, but how in the world do they get the memories of the other high-schoolers altered?

Sep 8, 12:22 PM

Great finale!

Little re-enactment of the past with that little “excuse me, this is my seat” bit but that just goes to show how much she’s improved as a character and followed by that hilarious yet gold “Figh On!” which is just brilliant! Convenient little rekindling with the phone strap scene but I think I’m just too happy for them to point out the glaring flaws, just like in my previous watch. I found it really consistent how Kaizaki is willing to let the ReLIFE info open unlike Hishiro, they really are polar opposites in many ways.

Pity that we didn’t get the more satisfying ending from the manga though and too many omissions from there on a serious note but that can’t be helped, I’m just super glad TMS Entertainment and the Production Committee Green-lit these little special episodes to conclude. Would’ve really liked to see a bit more of a reaction from Kaizaki when he entered Ooga’s house there though, it really hit me in the manga format after all.

Anyway, stellar buildup with the date and eventful confession last episode! In addition to that, that touching hug and An breaking down in response to Hishiro’s little message (we finally got to see more of Hishiro during this scene in the final moments too which was of course brilliant) was really touching to say the least. It’s sad that the other classmates won’t know of the two but at least they know of each other and are back more than anything else. They’ve shared their ‘thanks’ and a closure to that as such, imo.

Music Department remained iffy throughout these 4 episodes too, in all honesty. Kind of ruining the last episodes’ final moments with that hippy music didn’t really blend in well, would prefer the 2nd ED (by Yui - Cherry) in that kind of a situation any time of the day to be frankly honest.

8.20/10.0 to these Specials! Will probably read the final few manga chapters for a bit more of a satisfying closure.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 14, 7:53 PM
Loved it, never seen the manga so I can't speak on that part. Really sad it was so short though. The ending made me cry and smile. I really could relate myself with mr. Kaizaki being the age myself and I would've done many things differently myself when I had a ReLIFE.
Modified by -Suki-Chan-, Oct 14, 7:58 PM

Nov 5, 7:40 AM

So this is how it ends huh... Precious friends and precious memories, all left behind in such short notice. With a simple; "Thank you so much!" both Kaizaki and Hishiro fade from everyone's memory with only ghostly pictures and the consequences of their actions be the only reminder of their existence. It saddens me to know that this is all over, but it hurts me to see both Kaizaki and Hishiro knowing full well that they will be forgetting one another despite how much each of them cared for one another. The ship between these 2 new couples will soon to begin to fade as ReLife comes to an end.

I'm happy that Kaizaki found the job that he has passion for, helping people with the experiences he had in life. Knowing full well that Oga's big brother is a NEET, it's only right for him to be helped first by Kaizaki. But it only gets better for him afterwards, seeing a familiar figure during a typical night at the bar.

I screamed madly when Kaizaki and Hishiro saw each other. Then again when they're alone discussing their own ReLife experiences. Thanks to the memorable moments they've gone through together, each of them managed to break the obstacle of the mind-erasing drugs. Thanks to the memorable moments they've shared together during their ReLife, it's now possible for them to share more memorable moments together in their Life from now on as they have now regained their full memories. If they have never taken the leap to enjoy their moments and create memorable memories during their ReLife, they may never have even managed to regain these lost memories once they're back in their RealLife. I'm absolutely glad that this is how it ended, the ship that has faded soo break out of the mist and sailed toward a bright and heartwarming future!

Of course, I felt that this ending was rushed, I don't know to what extent, but it does feel rushed. However, I absolutely love how it's handled. There's no bullshit of a string attached here, it's rushed but it's a solid fucking ending that made me teared up during some of its emotional scenes.

ReLife really showed me that I need to cherish every single waking moments I have possible with my friends, while they're still here within my reach right now as time... is limited.
⠄⠄⢀⡋⣡⣴⣶⣶⡀⠄⠄⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣴⣿⣿⣿⢃⣤⣄⣀⣥⣿⣿⠄
⠄⠄⢸⣇⠻⣿⣿⣿⣧⣀⢀⣠⡌⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠿⠿⠿⣿⣿⣿⠄
⠄⢀⢸⣿⣷⣤⣤⣤⣬⣙⣛⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⣿⣿⡍⠄⠄⢀⣤⣄⠉⠋⣰
⠄⣼⣖⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⢇⣿⣿⡷⠶⠶⢿⣿⣿⠇⢀⣤
⠘⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣽⣿⣿⣿⡇⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣶⣥⣴⣿⡗
⢀⠈⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡟⠄
⢸⣿⣦⣌⣛⣻⣿⣿⣧⠙⠛⠛⡭⠅⠒⠦⠭⣭⡻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⠃⠄
⠘⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡆⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠹⠈⢋⣽⣿⣿⣿⣿⣵⣾⠃
⠄⠘⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠄⣴⣿⣶⣄⠄⣴⣶⠄⢀⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠃
⠄⠄⠈⠻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡄⢻⣿⣿⣿⠄⣿⣿⡀⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣛⠛⠁
⠄⠄⠄⠄⠈⠛⢿⣿⣿⣿⠁⠞⢿⣿⣿⡄⢿⣿⡇⣸⣿⣿⠿⠛⠁
⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠉⠻⣿⣿⣾⣦⡙⠻⣷⣾⣿⠃⠿⠋⠁