Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 23, 2018 8:23 AM

Jun 2016
I've been reading the manga for the past two years until its' conclusion and I was really interested to how the would fit 120+ chapters in 4 episodes.

It was rushed and many parts were left out, but it was still good. Especially when we knew that those episodes were gonna wrap up the story and just show how it all ended. So it was good and it had it's emotional moments (I'm talking about Onoya seeing the message, I shed a tear even if I knew the end).

The only thing that kicked me off is that the made another dialogue to make Hishiro and Kaizaki remember. If it was taked directly from the manga it would be perfect.

All in all, a nice conclusion to a great anime about how you can change your life.
***roaming the vast anime universe***
Mar 23, 2018 8:29 AM

Nov 2014
Erm... well... what exactly happened here? If they're going to make a slipshod adaptation anyways, then why bother? The manga is coloured anyways.

I'm not sure what's with the low budget either. The dodgy backgrounds and animations made it much less immersive than it should be.

There's also quite a few "Oh I've read the manga so this isn't as good" or "This is good because I haven't read the manga" posts here, which I don't get. The entire OVA gives of a "recap vibe" because of the sheer number of events happening in a short time frame.

The part where I actually compare the OVAs to the manga
Quite a few arcs omitted as well, which is unfortunate. The arc where Kaizaki felt lost and instead Hishiro and everyone he has helped stepped up to play the role Kaizaki has been playing all along was probably the most important one. The OVA really gave off the sense that Kaizaki carried Hishiro all the way or something.

The closing chapter of the manga was much more packed with moments that made us reminiscence all the details, from Kaizaki giving a quick tease to Ohga and Kariu when meeting the new test subject (Ohga's brother) to Kaizaki and Hishiro having an entirely different conversation before they remembered each other (with many familiar interactions they had from their ReLIFE).

UglyBarnacle said:
Any other manga readers really like the OVAs? I'm actually glad that they chose to gloss over certain arcs and skipped to the most important stuff. Even though Hishiro's arc and Ohga's arc gave them important character development, the way they were handled in the manga felt really too dramatic at times.

I actually breathed a sigh of relief seeing Kaizaki brush it off when Hishiro went to straighten his tie instead of going into PTSD mode. Also when Ohga straight up told the 2 about his shut-in brother. Surely I cant be the only one who didnt enjoy the drama despite how justified it was? I also felt the ending is still as impactful even with the absence of the character development from those arcs. Honestly, given how they only have 4 episodes to conclude the story, the way they adapted this was nothing short of perfect.
The manga did stretch out lots of stuff and had lots of drama. You could say it went overboard with it, but if I were to come up with an "ideal" for ReLIFE it'd be much much closer to the manga than the OVA.
BurningSpiritMar 23, 2018 8:41 AM
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Mar 23, 2018 10:11 AM
Sep 2016
i think the anime quite good,but they not explain how the memories got erased, quite disappointed even i not read the manga , but anyway, do you guys have the link with the ed song? penguin research button, but in piano version i guess
Mar 23, 2018 10:43 AM

Sep 2017
It’s really pissing me off , that they didn’t do 12 eps , but only 4 rushed eps , but good enough.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 23, 2018 11:06 AM

May 2015
In my humble opinion “a good ending makes a good story”, while some people may consider the climax scene as the “ending”, the true ending of a story lies in the epilogue. I emphasize, if one doesn’t conclude an epilogue properly, everything up until now will be a waste and the whole story will be affected, “a bad ending makes a bad story.” Having said that happy end or not this was going to be a good story but I’m glad author went with the Happy ending scenario (both characters have suffered enough in their life) so I’m glad they can resume what they have left because of their Re-life memory loss(?) procedure. I was ecstatic after the meet in that restaurant/gathering and I was going to cream at the TV screen don’t you dare let her go, but at the same time understood that they didn’t have any recollection about each other(?) but as soon as they started talking and the Firework(s) topic surface I knew three was a chance for a happy ending and I’m glad my hunch was right. This was a good way to close this anime (I wish it was a full season not an OVA but I can complaint)…
Mar 23, 2018 1:30 PM
Mar 2016
Rush or not, THAT WAS TOTALLY AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mar 23, 2018 5:00 PM
Jan 2016
Let me just dump my salt here. So many things were skipped, and it was totally rushed. I don't get why anime studios would just pop out anime with reduced quality rather than making something that would be remembered ( the good kind)

>ohga and kariu sidestory about ohga's big brother
>hishiro's character development for that cultural festival where she was shunned for doing everything by herself. (imo this was an important character development for her - as she's now able to open up)
>kaizaki and hishiro's belligerent sexual tension is greatly reduced in the anime, and was just shoehorned in random parts of it
>yoake's character development which i really enjoyed, his snarkiness from the source was gone too. it didnt feel right.

/end of salt.
Mar 23, 2018 6:03 PM

Jan 2017
This episode was... What's the word? I dunno, low-key, subtle. It didn't do the series justice; it was enjoyable, but not impactful, just fun to watch 'cause youve been denied the continuation of relife for a while.
Guess I gotta read the source, apparently it missed a huge chunk with this four episode conclusion. and honestly speaking, it feels as though there is something missing since it wasn't as thorough as it could've been -even if I don't know the story from its source; damn budgeting problems

Loved this episode -as I've been starved of the relive anime for a while, in hindsight it doesn't deserve much love... 'Coulda' done better- and I feel that since it is the conclusion of the relife series it should remain the same i.e. 7/10
Mar 23, 2018 6:41 PM
The Séance

Jul 2016
I SPENT THE ENTIRE EPISODE SOBBING MY HEART OUT.

THE TEARS WILL NEVER STOP.

I'M NOT OKAY.

I WILL NEVER BE OKAY.

E N D

M E
Mar 23, 2018 7:09 PM

Nov 2014
ichibana no takaramono played in my head help
Mar 23, 2018 7:14 PM

Nov 2015
Obviously it was rushed. But with the time-frame they had. They put the core elements together to make this a fulfilling end to ReLife. Plus the anime was to do things that the Manga couldn't. Especially comedy wise.

I'll miss you ReLife

Katsura janai, Zura da

Mar 23, 2018 8:14 PM

May 2017
Should of been much longer, but I'll take this over nothing at all.

Wholesome ending is wholesome.
Mar 23, 2018 8:20 PM

Feb 2014
Nope, fuck these OVAs, I don't know how can anybody be satisfied especially if you're a manga reader, so much stuff was skipped, no supporting characters further developement, no real hardships in any relationship and not even the only good thing such a rushed adaption could achieve, give us an animated version of iconic scenes from the original, they didn't even fucking kiss, this simply fails as an adaption, it can somewhat stand on its own, but even then, just barely, to any anime only viewers, do yourself a favour and go read the manga
Mar 23, 2018 9:08 PM

Oct 2015
Such a good sequel despite a lot of missing parts obviously. The flow didn't feel too abrupt and the emotions were just as impactful given its runtime. 8/10
Mar 23, 2018 9:11 PM

Sep 2013
could have easily have been a 10/10 but it was SO rushed it will have to be a 6/10 for me.
This adaptation completely skipped important things, even explaining how they even forgot about each other in the first place (the most important detail in the entire story tbh) also all the emotional moments that came with the last chapters felt completely dry and rushed :(

This wasn't a super bad adaptation but it didn't do the webtoon justice at all, I would have been satisfied with a proper second season or at least a movie.

Mar 24, 2018 1:50 AM

Jun 2011
I loved the ending, and I'm glad to see it animated, but I'm disappointed about how much they actually skipped. They could have turned this into a 10 episode anime and it would have had much better pacing.
Mar 24, 2018 2:00 AM

Dec 2009
Does anyone feel this episode was rushed, but HASN'T read the manga? Having not read the manga myself, it doesn't feel rushed to me at all.
There is absolutely no reason why I should accept "turn your brain off" as a valid excuse to defend a poor show.

~

blatant ad: https://myanimelist.net/blog/Crusader_8 I spend the time to write it, so please read it lol
Mar 24, 2018 4:17 AM

Apr 2016
The technology in this anime/manga will forever be a mystery to me.

I read the rest of the manga after watching this and i must say ... WHY ? why not adapt the whole ending, the manga ending or epilogue if you want, was great ... much better than this definitely.
Mar 24, 2018 5:56 AM

Dec 2015
100+ chapters butchered into 4 painful episodes. It hurts how all those weeks of planning went into this tiny polished turd :-/

I'd honestly recommend just reading the manga, this ending doesn't cut it.
~
Mar 24, 2018 8:55 AM
Apr 2017
That ending is pretty bad...
I now have to catch up manga to resolve my un-satisfactory...
Mar 24, 2018 5:25 PM
Jul 2018
Finally the last OVA.

Graduation, sad moment the group will be split from the Relife testers and the students.

Hishiro's and Kaizaki's hug was a happy but really sad moment with Hishiro thoughts.I was already crying in my inside.

The moment has come, time to go back to real life Kaizaki take his pill leaving behind a wonderful year and the person he loved. Same goes to Hishiro leaving her second and successful year of her Relife, this time was a sucess she even fell in love with her kouhai but she didn't know that.

Small talk between Yoake and Onoya, suddenly Onoya sees what's written on Hishiro's palm when I saw that I cried along with Onoya, this was though to see.

Kaizaki decides to work for the Relife program suddenly we hear Button this version made cry was really beautiful.

At the party he meet Hishiro but he doesn't remember her, same goes to Hishiro she doesn't recognize him, but soemthing catches the attention of Kaizaki the strap on her mobile.

Party is over after a normal talk they know that they were subjects for Relife and after speaking about fireworks FINALLY they remember everything.

-Hishiron-San
-Kaizaki-San

-zenbu kiete mo tada sore dake wa hotsurenai-

Me starts to cry like a kid.

I have to say that I really enjoyed Relife, true it feels rushed but this gave me the motivation to read the manga and start to enjoy this ride again. 9/10 anime manga probably 10/10
Mar 24, 2018 7:21 PM
Dec 2012
Really glad this OVA was released. I had almost forgotten about this series and how much I wanted to see a conclusion. Since I had never read the manga, I thought the finale was pretty good, but it still came across as rushed.

I'm so glad I read the comments from everyone and went back to read the last 5 chapters of the manga. WOW. I had no idea it was THAT rushed. There were so many things in that final episode that I missed because it was so rushed. If anyone else has not gone back and read the last 5 chapters of the manga. It's great. That ending would have been much better.

Not sure why they didn't make it end at 18 episodes and stretch it by 1. That would have given it enough time to really fill in some blanks. Oh well! Still a great series overall.
Hmm...I love anime!
Mar 24, 2018 11:34 PM

Nov 2013
It's not about how you start but how you finish . And that my friends, was a spectacular finish . Overall pretty good second cour considering what I'm assuming to be a lower budget
Mar 25, 2018 6:02 AM
Jun 2017
THAT FINAL SCENE IS SO HEART WARMING AND SWEET!!! I love so much the final episode for this one. the HS graduation day (or their last day of ReLife sure is a mixture of sad and happy thought), and well they both pick up the jobs to be a ReLife employee...

*the last scene where they see each other and talk about their past ReLife is the gateway of remembering who they are in the past!!! upon watching it i am so happy with it...

nice way to ending this series... love this one
Mar 25, 2018 6:17 AM

Jun 2017
That was a beautiful ending, but this time the fireworks was the trigger to remembering things once again
Lots of thanks for this OVA at least the ReLife anime now has a proper closure and ending. :) A lovely ride.
Mar 25, 2018 6:39 AM

Mar 2014
wow they really really really skipped a lot of chapters, I mean A LOT of it
even the Kissing part they forgot to animate it

and the fact Remembers all of his classmates beside Hishiro in his phone has images but he cant remember the cellphone strap *MINDBLOWN*

Go Read Manga than this 4 episode compressed chapters
Mar 25, 2018 8:23 AM

Apr 2013
I'am non-manga reader, and this ending are feel like Your Name. ending....very predictable, but still love it although they are some plotholes....
Mar 25, 2018 8:49 AM

Jul 2016
Even though from an anime-only like me, that this four episodes felt rushed, still satisfying for me. I guess if I read the manga those cut parts might be a side story from my perspective. Would be glad to read the manga.

Glad they met again, This ending felt like "Your Name" vibe >.<, honestly I teared a bit when they remember each other's name at the end then that hug is so ughh damn FEELS
Mar 25, 2018 3:35 PM

Sep 2016
Was kinda disappointed at the ending. It'd be much better to pull a 5 cm per Second ending. Both walk past each other by random chance one day and even exchanged words, yet never noticed each other's true identity and moved on. Then both felt a lingering sadness as they walked away but don't know why. The straps remained a mystery in their hearts. That'll tear my heart into shreds.
<GENERIC SIGNATURE>
Mar 25, 2018 4:07 PM

Oct 2015
I JUST HAVE TO SAY THAT IM' CRYING.
Mar 26, 2018 9:02 AM

Apr 2013
ReLIFE? More like ReYourName.
Mar 26, 2018 4:59 PM

Jun 2014
Am I the only one that lowkey thought Onoya was gonna amputate Hishiro's hand in order to get rid of what she wrote completely
Mar 26, 2018 5:04 PM

Feb 2014
Thank god we got a happy ending, my heart couldn't handle a sad one.
Mar 26, 2018 5:35 PM

Jul 2009
Glad it was a happy ending ~
Mar 27, 2018 9:55 PM

Mar 2016
thank you jesus ... I was about to give up on love :’)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 28, 2018 8:18 AM

Jan 2011
It was too rushed...
Mar 28, 2018 3:27 PM

Dec 2017
I liked it. Of course I wanted to see more parts of the manga in anime and wanted a more heart touching soundtrack, but the work on the script was great (about a 100 ch. in 4 episodes without messing up everything). I'm glad this story received an animated conclusion, so now I can keep spreading the word to non-manga readers that I already converted to the anime but couldn't manage to bring to glorious the manga and also the little ones who doesn't now the wisdom yet.
So now brothers, sisters, if you want to get closer within the word, read the 4 last chapters of ReLife, you'll be presented to some details that lack in the animation and worth your time. Also to the ones who alredy have the faith growing in their hearts, you can starting reading from ch. 110, near the first season ending.
Mar 28, 2018 3:45 PM

Dec 2017
TheSmilingShoujo said:
Was kinda disappointed at the ending. It'd be much better to pull a 5 cm per Second ending. Both walk past each other by random chance one day and even exchanged words, yet never noticed each other's true identity and moved on. Then both felt a lingering sadness as they walked away but don't know why. The straps remained a mystery in their hearts. That'll tear my heart into shreds.

The rushing (4 eps to ~100 ch) takes some of the drama, I read the part after they forgot each other listening to "One more time, One More Chance" and the "farewell" feeling was established and I had no idea if they would remember each other or just feel emptiness for "no reason"... So, yeah, I felt heart broken and when they remembered (while the 5cm song was playing) I cried until I got problems to see clearly again and tried to keep reading whith an weird smile and red eyes....

P.S.: ch 110 is a good point to start to read what would be a second season.
Mar 28, 2018 4:12 PM

Dec 2017
DarkShadowBlade said:
No explanation on how memories got erased, was a heartwarming ending though. The OVA felt like they rushed it all up but it was still a fine watch and I'm glad they did give a conclusion to the story between the two.

Do not fear good citizen, in the manga the truth is revealed to us:
The pill they take carries a modified virus that has the property of damaging the memories related to the main bearer.
Then they (Kaizaki, Hishiro) spread this virus to all those who live with their rejuvenated form, so the closer the person is, the more it will be affected. At the end of the experiment the virus is activated and the coils are forgotten.

P.S.: The laboratory staff is immunized.
P.S.2: already contaminated specimens can not be immunized.
Mar 28, 2018 4:29 PM

Sep 2016
SilverHakushaku said:
The rushing (4 eps to ~100 ch) takes some of the drama, I read the part after they forgot each other listening to "One more time, One More Chance" and the "farewell" feeling was established and I had no idea if they would remember each other or just feel emptiness for "no reason"... So, yeah, I felt heart broken and when they remembered (while the 5cm song was playing) I cried until I got problems to see clearly again and tried to keep reading whith an weird smile and red eyes....

Yeah, I've read it. I guess the anime ending is still okay. Maybe the director wanted to end it at a high note.

It must be intense to read it while 'One More Time, One More Chance' played lol. I stiill think a sad ending route would be the best. Imagine the heart wrench! XD
<GENERIC SIGNATURE>
Mar 28, 2018 7:17 PM

Dec 2017
TheSmilingShoujo said:
SilverHakushaku said:

Yeah, I've read it. I guess the anime ending is still okay. Maybe the director wanted to end it at a high note.

It must be intense to read it while 'One More Time, One More Chance' played lol. I stiill think a sad ending route would be the best. Imagine the heart wrench! XD

Haha I understand what you mean, I usually prefer tough endings, but I got too involved this time. Hishiro's development made me remember my own, I'm kinda a social weirdo, and about two years ago I ended up making three friends that slowly made me care about people. Now I use this empathy ability to cry watching anime and reading manga (lol). But, yeah, I would've liked the ending being happy or painful (^-^;;) ...
Mar 29, 2018 12:23 AM

Aug 2013
I'm happy this got a conclusion but still have mixed feeling about the content and just overall pacing.

I havent read the manga and dont know if they explain it, but I kind of wish their was an explanation as to how they wipe the memories of all of those people and every trace of their existence. Every picture, every text, doesnt matter if it's a printed picture or one taken on a cell phone, every bit of information is somehow gathered and altered. And then on top of that they're somehow deleting the actual memories out of these people's brains?

I also had a sour taste about how they're perfectly ok with removing people's memories, while using the logic of "oh the actions you made and impressions you left on these people are still there even if the memories arent". Yea sure, that's entirely true, with Ooga and Kariu as a prime example, but just because that's true it shouldnt discredit the importance and value of actual memories. They're both just as important but for different reasons. As an example Ooga and Kariu might remember that they finally ended up together, but they wont remember who was responsible for it or the fact that that person was an important friend to them. Both the action and the memory behind it hold equal weight in my opinion.

Going off that, this finale also made me dislike Ann as a character even more. Because's she's basically the walking embodiment of hypocrisy. She was the one throwing a fit and getting emotional about Arata and Chizuru's situation, yet no matter how upset she got about it she never did a thing to help of interfere. She was always upset about the way the ReLIFE program went about it, but at the end of the day she seemingly cared about her paycheck more. Even at the end with the marker on the hand, she could've easily turned a blind eye to it. She was painfully aware of how desperate Chizuru was to hold on to those memories. But in the end she decided to take notice anyway and then just cry about it. Nobody at the ReLIFE lab would've noticed if she had let things be. Fortunately things worked out for the two of them in the end.

I am glad Arata and Chizuru got their memories of each other back though. At least we got a happy, albeit brief, ending there. Though that being said, if the two of them were able to trigger their memories of each other with just a single encounter with just vague recollections, then it stands to reason that if they really wanted to, they could find Ooga, Kariu, Tamarai, etc and talk with them and probably reactivate their memories as well. However if the option was ever on the table, I dont think Arata would do it, because he knows the ReLIFE program worked and the entire experience, losing the friends and all, holds value to him, so he probably wouldn't want to jeopardize it. And it would end up complicating things with his friends on top of bringing trouble to the company.
Mar 29, 2018 1:15 AM

May 2013
SilverHakushaku said:
DarkShadowBlade said:
No explanation on how memories got erased, was a heartwarming ending though. The OVA felt like they rushed it all up but it was still a fine watch and I'm glad they did give a conclusion to the story between the two.

Do not fear good citizen, in the manga the truth is revealed to us:
The pill they take carries a modified virus that has the property of damaging the memories related to the main bearer.
Then they (Kaizaki, Hishiro) spread this virus to all those who live with their rejuvenated form, so the closer the person is, the more it will be affected. At the end of the experiment the virus is activated and the coils are forgotten.

P.S.: The laboratory staff is immunized.
P.S.2: already contaminated specimens can not be immunized.

Sucks that those who were "contaminated" can't be immunized. That would mean that the two MCs can't really be support staff (or can they?).
Mar 29, 2018 4:21 AM

Oct 2013
GundamSoul said:
Yeah. The rushed ending really ruined the impact that it had in the manga. So much better there. But it was OK. Better than nothing. This really just needed to be a season 2 to cover everything. These episodes cut so much stuff that for anime only viewers some things won't even make sense or have no impact at all. Oh well. Still worth the watch and I really do like the series.

Posts like yours, my friend, are strongly encouraging me to read ReLIFE's manga. :D Any advices on a point from which I should start reading it? To be frank, I don't want to read those chapters that took place in the anime and were more or less faithful to their versions portrayed originally in manga.
Mar 29, 2018 4:25 AM

Oct 2013
MrBluebear said:
I'am non-manga reader, and this ending are feel like Your Name. ending....very predictable, but still love it although they are some plotholes....

Yeah, but thanks to reading some posts here, in this thread, I finally know more about how those "ReLIFE medicaments" worked like. Too bad they did not explain it further in the anime.
Mar 29, 2018 6:17 AM

Mar 2015
Ohhh I'm so glad they remembered in the end!

9/10
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Mar 30, 2018 7:44 AM
Mar 2018
Someone has that Button-penguin research full version at the end??? It's perfect.
Mar 30, 2018 8:26 AM

May 2014
I don't know guys. I really hate rushed stories but I honestly don't consider it rushed (maybe because I didn't read the manga). It was very good in my opinion. I love it.

MeryNeko said:
THEY ARE NOT TEARS, THEY ARE LIQUEFIED HAPPINESS MATTER.
Mar 30, 2018 5:43 PM

Oct 2015
Hibiki07 said:
I don't know guys. I really hate rushed stories but I honestly don't consider it rushed (maybe because I didn't read the manga). It was very good in my opinion. I love it.

MeryNeko said:
THEY ARE NOT TEARS, THEY ARE LIQUEFIED HAPPINESS MATTER.

TRUE! OMFG hahahaa
Mar 30, 2018 9:31 PM
Jan 2016
Yeah, ReLife is just like the fireworks and I will miss this anime so much...I'm really happy to see Arata changed to a better person and worked really hard at his new company, that means the experiment is a huge success and he tried to approach his ReLife friend's brother, that's great man...and what makes me happy is Arata can meet Hishiro in his new life hahaha, that's really precious. I can say that ReLife is like a miniature of Your Name, for me because I think the plot is similar but has different style. What can I say is ReLife is one of my favourite anime hahaha. I'll really miss it.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » ReLIFE: Kanketsu-hen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2018

63 by venbals »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » ReLIFE: Kanketsu-hen Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2018

42 by venbals »»
Apr 22, 7:28 PM

Poll: » ReLIFE: Kanketsu-hen Episode 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2018

45 by Miki42 »»
Jan 12, 3:45 PM

» [spoilers] Ending problem

DobryDemon - Dec 4, 2022

14 by DobryDemon »»
Jan 2, 3:34 PM

» Is it really the end?

Levi1108 - Mar 25, 2023

18 by saikyozero »»
May 25, 2023 2:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.