Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 21, 2018 4:10 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
> Date

Yup, Hishiro got suggested to go on a date. Obviously, the partner would be Kaizaki. I found their little conversation on the phone to be cute especially with the cat stickers.

I thought the date itself was cute. Nothing out of the ordinary and it's nice to see Hishiro's interests. Felt like the two really grew close together (despite the reality that they will forget this date) The confession!
Mar 21, 2018 5:31 AM

May 2013
Well I could see the budget drop here with the frame by frame compilation of the date scene. That song at the end came out of left field... I think they held off on the plot a bit so I'm a bit fearful of how it'll all turn up in the last episode. Hopefully it won't be rushed.
Mar 21, 2018 9:10 AM

Dec 2014
That was a really cute episode.

Chizuru looked adorable in her outfit and the date was great. <3
Onoya looked great in her outfit too. :3

The final moment was sweet but the insert/ED song didn't fit at all. It was kinda weird to be honest, it ruined the moment a little.
Mar 21, 2018 10:44 AM

Nov 2016
Haha,Hishiro avoiding Kaizaki was way too funny,had to replay that part 2times.

This was my favorite special episode so far,date was cute and all,but

Lelouch0202 said:
the insert/ED song didn't fit at all. It was kinda weird to be honest, it ruined the moment a little.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 21, 2018 12:17 PM

Nov 2011
Bro that ending song though...wtf. Also rain over Snow on Christmas??? Ehhh Idk

Other then that, GREAT EPISODE BOY!!!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 21, 2018 2:09 PM

Apr 2014
yea this song doesn't fit

Mar 21, 2018 2:30 PM
Aug 2014
It gets sadder as each episode passes. The plot has terribly narrowed to their love story. Although there were some frames that I was expecting (for the sake of drama)… well, need to set that aside. Just that their conflicting thoughts weren't emphasized, as well as them agonizing over it.

Still, I'm glad that certain scenes were passed to my auditory and visual peeception. Need to applaud the staff for being able to cram it all up in a single episode.
Mar 21, 2018 5:46 PM

Jul 2017
Phlippy said:
The ED song didn't fit at all with that cute moment. Kinda ruined it for me, that cringy "hey baby wanna make love"

Had me busting up laughing out of sheer randomness, I thought that maybe a pop-up-ad had made it through my filter...nope that song was part of the anime wow!

I wonder if the non-english speaking world will react to that song the same way though, or will it not bother them maybe?
Mar 21, 2018 9:39 PM

Feb 2010
The_Maenades said:
Phlippy said:
The ED song didn't fit at all with that cute moment. Kinda ruined it for me, that cringy "hey baby wanna make love"

Had me busting up laughing out of sheer randomness, I thought that maybe a pop-up-ad had made it through my filter...nope that song was part of the anime wow!

I wonder if the non-english speaking world will react to that song the same way though, or will it not bother them maybe?

Dude I died laughed at the song too and thought it was an ad. It sounded like such an old style too...came out of nowhere haha I guess it fits the 'old' couple?
Mar 22, 2018 4:09 AM

Apr 2009
Yeah...the direction of the episode was questionable, what with the slideshow dating part and and laughable insert song at the end.
Mar 22, 2018 8:29 AM

May 2012
Hmmm.. isn't the insert/ed song, the ost of a 1996 Jdrama Long Vacation? Hhahahha so nostalgic. Was surprised when it was played here. But finally!!!! The confession.
Mar 22, 2018 9:24 AM

Nov 2007
Phlippy said:

Ahaha, it's actually "Hey baby wanna make love [song]". It sounds making love if you take out the "song" at the end. Bilibili link.

rebelakuma said:
Hhahahha so nostalgic. Was surprised when it was played here. But finally!!!! The confession.

This anime makes me turn back the pages. First "Hana" from ORANGE RANGE and now this one! There were quite a few tracks in the TV series from the olden days that I already knew about. My favourite is Yuki no Hana.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 22, 2018 10:37 AM

Dec 2015
What was up with that ED tho, came out of nowhere xdd
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Mar 22, 2018 5:43 PM

Sep 2015
I was whimpering happily like a little girl when they finally confessed, but then that song came on and ruined it. God damn it.
Mar 23, 2018 10:26 AM

May 2015
I loved that umbrella scene... the song not to much...
Mar 23, 2018 5:16 PM
Jul 2018
One more for the ending.

Ooga is such a cute and innocent boy the conversation between him and Kaizaki was interesting leading Ooga to encourage Kaizaki to ask Hishino for a date, meanwhile Hishino still confused avoids Kaizaki (funny and cute reactions soooooo cute :3) finally helped by Tamarai she asks Kaizaki for a date on Lime.
The day of the date we see Kaizaki in the train happy but sad due the memory erase after Relife it's really a sad moment.
Both arrive soon to the date, they really wanted this to happen, Hishiro printed some interesting events to do (がんばって!).
They make a really cute couple, Yoake helps Kaizaki with the message that today is her birthday, she wants to give him a present and he also wants to give her something, so they both have the same mobile straps.
After some walk they FINALLY confess their feelings towards the other but they know what will happen afterwards.
The ending is drawing near, the feels train is about to depart.
(Sorry bad english xD)
Mar 23, 2018 5:23 PM

Jan 2017
Well that was a great, low budget episode -something that became painstakingly obvious when they decided to do a frame by frame animation sequence.

Anyways, that song during fit the theme but does anyone know what it is... Its so cringy that I wanna listen to the proper song... Or was it some ed made for the anime
Mar 23, 2018 6:14 PM
Jun 2017
Like, like, like this episode as FINALLY IT HAPPENED!!! The Date of Hisiro and kaizaki... great way to confess their feeling and also a sad one since you know that only few months remaining and these ILLUSIONS WILL BE OVER!!!

* i just love their pair...

*Hishiroism!!! Hahaha.. i got Hishiroism!!!
Mar 23, 2018 8:06 PM

Dec 2015
LOL what was with that ED, it did not fit in at all with the plot considering how "making love" was the opposite of what they wanted to do.
~
Mar 23, 2018 9:24 PM

Sep 2015
Yea that ending song was just BAD. I was rolling like wtf hey baby wanna make love :.D. Still enjoyed the date even though the slideshow was a bit weird never saw that in an anime before.

When she pulled her hand back I was like Noooo. Then they both pronounced their love and shared an umbrella and I was ok with it. For smashing in 100 chapters in four episodes to give us a decent ending I think they're doing the best they can and it's not disappointing. I would rather have this than nothing.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Mar 24, 2018 12:31 AM

Jun 2017
*whale noise intensifies*

I'm so happy with this episode! A lovely and an exciting episode. The confession happened finally!

The keychains!
Mar 24, 2018 1:47 AM

Sep 2016
Lelouch0202 said:
That was a really cute episode.

Chizuru looked adorable in her outfit and the date was great. <3
Onoya looked great in her outfit too. :3

The final moment was sweet but the insert/ED song didn't fit at all. It was kinda weird to be honest, it ruined the moment a little.
awe man that was an awesome eps im happy they admitted their feelings toward eachother kaizaki had to make the first move since chihiro is a girl who needs a little encouragement to get going at times now im hella tempted to read the manga after this is over
Facta Non Verba
Mar 24, 2018 11:06 PM

Nov 2013
That music at the end was horrific . They literally could've muted all sound and it still would've sounded better ...
Mar 25, 2018 5:48 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Instantly recognized the ending song. It's very famous.

bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Mar 26, 2018 12:48 PM

Jul 2016
completely bottled it with that song. jeeeez
Mar 28, 2018 8:03 AM

Jul 2013
LOL everyone's hating on the ED song but I thought it was awesome. I was like "hey this sound familiar", then I thought about how old this couple actually were so I burst out laughing. If Hishiro and Kanzaki were real that might be their real love song too since it was from a very old drama called Long Vacation.

Mar 29, 2018 5:50 AM

Mar 2015
Ugh man I really hope they both find out they're relifers and get together in the end somehow.
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Mar 30, 2018 8:36 PM
Jan 2016
Honestly, I'm really happy after watch this eps hahaha...at last they tell each other about their feelings...there should be a fireworks isn't it, but rain isn't bad too hahaha. Arata's expression when he was waiting for mail from Hishiro was priceless hahaha. And date at the fun park, hmm that was my dream too...
Apr 4, 2018 5:58 AM

Dec 2014
the date finally...this was nice..
Apr 4, 2018 7:15 AM

Feb 2010
<- One of those few guys actually enjoying ending
Apr 4, 2018 1:00 PM
May 2015
I really liked this ep. So touchy:,( just the thought all those memories they all had with each other will disappear,really sad. I really hope they get together!
P.S I haven't read anyone's comments bc don't want spoilers for the last ep.
Apr 7, 2018 2:47 PM

Jul 2009
Finally!!! A date and a confession!!!
Apr 9, 2018 7:43 PM

Jul 2016
THE KEYCHAINS!!! Oh God, I went full fangirl enthusiastic mode with this episode...

It could have been a low budget ep. with an unexpected ED song but I enjoyed it way too much. 5/5
Apr 17, 2018 2:30 AM
Dec 2012
Jesus christ the ED. Not sure if I enjoyed or not but definitely not the right place for it.
Apr 18, 2018 10:54 PM

Dec 2012
Arata says that's not for Showga to decided, but he, Ryo, and An decided to force Showga into falling in love with Rena. Hypocrite adult.
Oh snap! We watching ReNA no Basket.
Rena got the J.
An in that outfit.
Today is her birthday?

Dat ED song. Naomi Campbell in an anime. Never thought I'd see the day.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Apr 23, 2018 4:55 PM

Sep 2011
I really hope this will have a happy ending for them in some way or another, or I'll be really fucking mad.

Also, what the fuck was up with that ED song :'D Kind of ruined the mood...
May 3, 2018 11:57 PM

Nov 2014
Aww... what a great confession and date,

the ED song tho :V, feels like old school romance drama
May 5, 2018 2:39 PM

Oct 2012
Finally! Beautiful episode, despite of the heavy burden the project put on them they find a way to each other!

I like how awkaward it was for them and how sincere their confession was. Really cheer for a good ending now.

Those straps would be probably the one thing that make them remember even after memory erase.
Part A has to be graduation then, part B their reunion. Let's hope for the best.
Nov 5, 2018 2:05 PM

Dec 2013
A date and a confession!

A sweet episode overall.
Nov 29, 2018 12:25 PM

Sep 2014
the song totally ruined the moment

was not expecting this
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Dec 31, 2018 11:37 AM
Jul 2016
Comander-07 said:
the song totally ruined the moment

was not expecting this

They really should've used CHE.R.RY for this end. It would've been a better fit.
JackOfHeartsDec 31, 2018 11:45 AM
Jan 15, 2019 1:11 PM

Jan 2014
I'm quite late to the party, but this is what I've been waiting for in this entire series. Loved the episode. Hishiro avoiding Kaizaki was just hilarious. The date was super cute and they finally just went along with the right path in the end. Love it! I hope it ends well for them 'cause I'm kinda like Onoya thinking that it's unfair for them to lose these memories. I mean, they're both ReLife subjects.
Jan 28, 2019 4:43 AM
Jun 2007
Against the majority here but the ED was fitting since this is what they would have been listening to back in their high school years. Such nostalgia.
Feb 7, 2019 8:46 AM

May 2015
Really ? "hey baby wanna make love" lmfao , that song didn't fit at all
Apr 10, 2019 1:01 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
MiraiLink said:
Yeah...the direction of the episode was questionable, what with the slideshow dating part and and laughable insert song at the end.

Yeah, that song really destroyed it for me.
Major difference with the manga, it manages to capture the feeling of a date much better, and both of their reactions feel much more cute and genuine there.
They failed in adaptating one of the most vital moments and done it even worst with that ending theme there...

Still watchable and had its moments but a far cry from the manga.
Scenes they skipped:

https://i.imgur.com/dCygnWd.jpg

Hishiro's manga is soo much more cute:

The impact is far bigger.

Feels are real on the manga.
May 11, 2019 9:39 PM

Feb 2018
Romantic dating I never thought they would express their feelings.
Nov 5, 2019 6:36 AM

Mar 2016
I had the biggest fucking grin ever when Hishiro asked Kaizaki out!

Damn, mad respect for Yoake for actually supporting the date by texting Kaizaki that it was actually Hishiro's birthday during her date with Kaizaki. Speaking of dates, this date is so wholesome, it's so adorable and it definitely is heartwarming. A nice peaceful date for a new couple. The joy of youth is at its peak for both Kaizaki and Hishiro at that moment. Especially when Kaizaki straight up is a man and confessed his love first to Hishiro. Hell yeah! I love how each of them reacted to the confessions. Priceless, adorable moments there! Despite each knowing that this date may not even be in each of their memories anymore, they decided to screw it and enjoy the moment they have been given thanks to ReLife...
Feb 17, 2020 6:15 AM

Aug 2017
I don't remember much of the first season but the animation is so bad that they don't even make an effort to animate the background characters.

For a moment, I thought Hishiro was going to ask Kaizaki if he was a subject of the ReLife project.

Tf that ED song lol.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jun 5, 2020 9:56 PM
Review Moderator
Book Princess

Nov 2018
In American media, they would have kissed, but I'm glad that they have the option to simply share the umbrella here.
Every day you can read a book or watch some anime is a good day!
Jun 20, 2020 2:27 PM

Feb 2020
the date was so cute and hishiro with all the print outs; she put so much effort into the date. she really has grown so much.

the matching keychain and the confession dsfiuj i was squealing so much

hmm let's see what will happen in the last ep, i'll definitely read the manga just to relive this anime again (':
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » ReLIFE: Kanketsu-hen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2018

275 by omega303 »»
Apr 16, 5:30 PM

Poll: » ReLIFE: Kanketsu-hen Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2018

41 by Miki42 »»
Jan 13, 3:08 AM

Poll: » ReLIFE: Kanketsu-hen Episode 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2018

45 by Miki42 »»
Jan 12, 3:45 PM

» [spoilers] Ending problem

DobryDemon - Dec 4, 2022

14 by DobryDemon »»
Jan 2, 3:34 PM

» Is it really the end?

Levi1108 - Mar 25, 2023

18 by saikyozero »»
May 25, 2023 2:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.