Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 21, 2018 3:45 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hishiro in that maid outfit looks adorable.
For this episode, I find their character chemistry charming despite some awkward moments between them.

Taking place at the festival, it gave chances for them to enjoy themselves. Felt like this episode was pretty much building towards the final two OVAs.

The talk about the experiment was important to note especially since the tests subjects will forget their memories.
Mar 21, 2018 7:18 AM

Dec 2014
All the girls looked so adorable in their maid outfits. <3

Was nice of the teacher to encourage Kaizaki and Chizuru to go on a little outing. :)

I felt sad for Kaizaki when he asked Yoake if he could continue growing older with the others. However, it was real nice of Yoake to tell Kaizaki to not give up on the person he was and at the very least they could share drinks at a bar and reminisce about the experiment after their back to their old selves.

The fact that Chizuru and Kaizai won't remember each other but remember everything else about the experiment is a really sad outcome.

The class photo at the end was full of bittersweet emotions. :(
I really liked the ED.
Mar 21, 2018 1:30 PM
Aug 2014
The near-ending part (the class picture) kinda looks like it's original in the OVA though. But that last shot was quite profound. Hah.
Mar 22, 2018 2:30 AM

Jan 2018
Hishiro in that maid outfit looks adorable.
Also, I quite didn't enjoy this episode I think that they have changed few things here and there but also they've rushed it so quickly.
If I've to say then I'm quite disappointed in this episode.
Mar 22, 2018 5:16 AM

Nov 2015
This is so rushed I can barely enjoy it.
They are skipping too many scenes, and even whole arcs!! WTF!?

Why did they do this to ReLIFE?
Mar 22, 2018 10:06 AM

Dec 2015
Slowly but surely the sadness level is going up with each episode.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Mar 22, 2018 1:06 PM
Mar 2016
teacher has no idea that Kaizaki already has a masters degree.
Mar 22, 2018 4:53 PM
Jul 2018
2 OVA school festival all the girls look adorable in their uniforms, the boys also wwre looking cool with theirs.

The news about them forgetting even the experiment subjects is an important state, with this they'll basically forget about each other even if they start to go out.

That photo was sweer but sad at the same time, first the classmates disappear then the closest friends too and last the one they love, the ED was so beautiful. Two more OVAS next one the date can't wait more.
Mar 22, 2018 6:03 PM

Jan 2008
Wow, they basically merged multiple arcs/scenes together and skipped several as well. Meh, I enjoy the characters enough not to let it bother me too much but doesn't stop me from wishing this was a full cour instead.
Mar 22, 2018 6:41 PM
Jun 2017
Well the end is near for both Hishiro and Kaizaki. Its just a sad one thinking that they will not be remembered by their classmates and even friends once the experiment is over.
Mar 22, 2018 7:12 PM

May 2015
If I have to describe that last scene (Arata & Chizuru looking at each other). The fire that comes forth when you are experiencing passion… that desire makes life irresistible to you and makes you absolutely irresistible to others!
Mar 23, 2018 5:16 PM

Jan 2017

Watching this episode my head was screaming kurosetsuji, though when I decided to jogmy memory they looked nothing alike...
Yet looking at this again, it's become a recurring theme in my head of him being black butler. I'll just keep him as a junior
Mar 23, 2018 11:43 PM

Jun 2017

The episode was good, finally saw hishiron's maid outfit, she looks so cute, and that class picture on the ending was original for this OVA and it offers heavy emotions too.
Mar 24, 2018 8:48 AM

Feb 2011
yuwena said:

Yes, there's a video of Mother's Basement about how well done is the adaptation of Spice and Wolf anime from the novel. This second part of ReLIFE would be the exact opposite.

I mean, it's great to have the adaptation and conclusion of the animated version, but most of the charm that the manga have is lost in all this rush. It is a pity that a second season of 13 episodes wasn't possible.
Music is freedom
Mar 28, 2018 1:57 AM

Dec 2016
Yui's Cherry was a good surprise <3
Mar 29, 2018 5:25 AM

Mar 2015
Hngh she looked really good in the maid outfit and glasses
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Apr 4, 2018 5:56 AM

Dec 2014
ok the festival feel was good
Apr 7, 2018 2:47 PM

Jul 2009
Chizuru is getting bolder!
It is really sad to think that they will forget everything about each other...
Apr 14, 2018 10:02 PM

Dec 2012
That YUI Cherry ED. Fuck so nostalgic
Apr 18, 2018 2:18 AM

Dec 2012
An in that maid outfit.
GVTYS.
LMAO at Arata taking counseling.
Nobu, you baka. You're suppose to look at Honoka too if you want this relationship to end in a 3some.

I wasn't expecting to hear YUI in an anime again. Relife really is Relife.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Apr 30, 2018 11:15 PM

Aug 2011
That YUI Cherry was a huge throwback to my high school self
May 3, 2018 11:30 PM

Nov 2014
whoaa That YUI-Cherry, i am feeling so nostalgic

well it really fit the ending scene tho, i could felt joy and little bit sadness seeing dat moments in ending scene
May 5, 2018 1:57 PM

Oct 2012
Nice moment when she grabbed his hand. And I'm pretty much convinced they know about each other by now but have no way to be sure.

And the project can go to hell when they erase memories like that... honestly, it would be much better if they just disappeared, no need to erase memories like that. But the fakt that Hijiro forgets about Arata is probably the worst.. I really hope they let them go without memory erase for taking that away from them would make everything they went through be in wane. You undergo this highschool rehabilitation and suddenly the person you cared the most during this rehabilitation is gone, this is honestly messed up (not to mention it doesn't even make sense to be this discreet when they would still be unable to recognize each other 10 years old ... and without address good luck finding each other in whole Japan)
Sep 12, 2018 5:16 AM

Dec 2009
wow, did NOT expect to hear che.r.ry as an ed....
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Nov 5, 2018 5:50 AM

Dec 2013
Dem maid outfits tho!

The school are going to have 4 ghosts lol
Dec 31, 2018 11:34 AM
Jul 2016
PERFECT END SONG, beautiful photo metaphor
Mar 20, 2019 9:35 PM
Jun 2017
Damn, they might forget each other after high school? That's just cruel.
Apr 9, 2019 2:56 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
No mather how poor this rushed adaptation is of the later half, I love the series so much to the point that watching episode this long after I finished the manga and started the OVAs...
I just love this too much, it feels nice to relive such an endearing show.
I m glad I waited and stopped watching the OVA, definitly best move, since the feels are all coming back to me, lovely rushed episode.

Nothing beats Hishiro reactions.
Feels too, next episode will make my heart melt.
May 11, 2019 9:38 PM

Feb 2018
Hishiro maid so cute xD.
Nov 5, 2019 5:36 AM

Mar 2016
Damn those glasses fits absolutely perfectly with Hishiro in her maid outfit! So cute!

Yoake attempting to lift Kaizaki's mood by saying that he'll always remember him and may even ask him out for a few drinks together was so sweet! There's nothing wrong for the staff to care about their assigned subjects. An crying over the fact that the subjects may also lose their memories of each other is justifiable to my eyes because in reality... It really is depressing. The fact that the people you've shared moments of your life with would forget about you is just incredibly sad. Ahhh the feels...
Feb 16, 2020 9:56 AM

Aug 2017
All the boys looked really handsome in their butler outfit. ❤️

Two more OVAS huh.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jun 5, 2020 9:27 PM
Review Moderator
Book Princess

Nov 2018
Can you imagine how irritated the photographer was when he saw the photo and two people were looking at each other instead of the camera? Then, out of nowhere, some weird people from a lab come asking to doctor that photo?
Every day you can read a book or watch some anime is a good day!
Oct 1, 2020 9:55 PM

Jan 2013
I do get why Arata is feeling like this, like Ryou, and An they tell him that they will erase everyone's memories with him, it's obvious that he won't feel motivated, even if he succeeds when he comes back to adulthood he will be alone anyways. Why they wouldn't reveal that they both are test subjects??? C'monnn

And that scene with Ooga, i do hope they will go to uni together.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Dec 7, 2020 11:45 PM
Feb 2020
HumbertoZero said:
This is so rushed I can barely enjoy it.
They are skipping too many scenes, and even whole arcs!! WTF!?

Why did they do this to ReLIFE?
I'm thinking to drop this because of that...if they have to rush everything, then why did they made this specials in first place!
Jan 25, 2021 2:25 PM

Jul 2019
Kawaii Hishiro. Maid Hishiro is certainly loveable.

All that talk about the ReLIFE and how they will forget everything is pretty deep. But I didn't expect two test subjects to forget each other, wth lol.

That ending with Hishiro and Kaizaki stare. Damn, if only they were told.
Feb 12, 2021 5:52 PM

Jul 2017
This is the first episode that I'm rewatching, where I'm ahead with the reread of the manga and I have to say, the amount of rushed and skipped material, and altered stuff is quite a lot to take in. Compared to the manga, this would be a really poor episode since a lot of the subtle characterization that ReLIFE's manga did such a great job in building overtime was lost here, especially with Hishiro and Kaizaki trying to not only realize and accept their feelings, but try and adapt to the nature of the inevitable. Here, the journey feels a lot less satisfying and well-crafted.

But when I look at it from an anime-only lens, it was fine. Still definitely rushed and not perfect by any means necessary but it was still enjoyable to watch and the ending with them standing on opposite sides in the class photo while staring at each other was really sweet not gonna lie, even if annoying for now for the photographer lol.

At least the ReLIFE EDs are still the shit, love the YUI choice so much.
Mar 18, 2022 10:09 AM
Jul 2018
Oh man, it's so sad to see this anime finally nearing its end. It would also be so sad to see Chizuru and Kaizaki split up and the two of them split and and be forgotten by the class and everyone else they meet like Kariu, Oga (the great guy), Tamarai, and others! It just makes me sad and I want to cry...
Aug 26, 2022 12:53 PM

Mar 2019
I actually didn't realize that they would forget each other even if both are subjects.

Ahhhhh I wish it wouldn't focus so much on those two but include Ooga and the others. I hated how far away they were in the photo. If Kaizaki was right next to him and maybe the other 2 guys and same for the girls, then it would have been better for the future, like them questioning why there's such a big space between themselves and the next person. I really want them to remember each other and Im not talking about just Kaizaki and Hishiro.

Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jun 3, 2023 6:24 PM

Jul 2016
Man, I thought the exact opposite would happen - that everyone would forget about Kaizaki and Hishiro but they'd still remember everything about each other. Gonna hope something is still possible for the two of them.

Was also cool to see a more sensitive side to An other than her constant bubblyness
Nov 13, 2023 3:01 AM

Oct 2022
It feels so sad to know that their friends will forget about them but i wanna see them all together especially Hishiro and Arata. I Just hope they end up together.
UndefeatedBahamut
Dec 15, 2023 7:58 AM

Nov 2023
Aww man, Hishiron looks so cute in maid dress. I knew it, I still love anime girls in maid dresses!
Jan 13, 3:08 AM
Oct 2014
Damn that episode really makes you want them to know their memories won't be erased but we'll see soon.

More topics from this board

Poll: » ReLIFE: Kanketsu-hen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2018

275 by omega303 »»
Apr 16, 5:30 PM

Poll: » ReLIFE: Kanketsu-hen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2018

62 by Miki42 »»
Jan 13, 3:35 AM

Poll: » ReLIFE: Kanketsu-hen Episode 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2018

45 by Miki42 »»
Jan 12, 3:45 PM

» [spoilers] Ending problem

DobryDemon - Dec 4, 2022

14 by DobryDemon »»
Jan 2, 3:34 PM

» Is it really the end?

Levi1108 - Mar 25, 2023

18 by saikyozero »»
May 25, 2023 2:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.