Forum Settings
Forums
Mar 19, 2018 11:46 PM

So it seems that ReLIFE came to a close and honestly it was a good ride but I have to say that I have some questions with the ending, not the usual one that people seem to have about how it was anti-climatic how Hishiro and Kaizaki remembered each other but with entire drug/memory loss in general.

So here is the conclusion that I drew. Yoake, Onoya, Kaizaki, and Hishiro would all forget about each other, my reason for this is that every time Kaizaki would bring something up like 'we'll still see each other after the experiment ends' or 'I can't wait for us to go drinking guilt free in our adult forms' Yoake would make such a sad expression and say to himself things like 'I'm sorry for lying to you,' 'Please forgive me,' 'Only half the things I'm saying is true,' and etc., so I was certain that there would be at least something which would have prevented them to meet up again and not to mention they all took the drug to go into their teenage form and the manga mentions how it gives off some memory erasing chemical and for the users of the drugs it would double the effect or something like that, which would cause Hishiro and Kaizaki to forget about each other. Maybe it's just me but it seems a bit odd that only the two subjects forgot each other when their support took the exact same drug as them as well.

And like everyone else I assumed that Hishiro and Kaizaki would join ReLIFE and I thought the ending would be the 4 of them starting their relationship over, but I guess it wasn't since I suck at predicting things. This isn't a rant or anything but yeah I just though I should get that off my chest.
全速前進ヨーソロー!

Mar 20, 2018 12:42 AM

The only conclusion to your conclusion is that Yoake and Onoya had taken a different drug compare to that of Arata&Hishiro which have SF effects.

Yoake and Onoya must have been prescribed with a drug which can regrowth their cellular genes that have a "resistance" against memory losses. Whereas the last drug that Kaizaki and Hishiro have a growth enhancement that have an epidemically effect spreading out through the whole city, a lost of memory if they've been in close contact with the either of the two.

Of course all of that are nonsensical thoughts of mine.

Mar 22, 2018 5:25 PM
While not everything was explained properly, it was mentioned that Yoake and Onoya had taken some sort of vaccine type drug that would make it so that they would remember and be remembered by others who took the relife drug.

And on the account on Yoake saying stuff like 'Only half the things I'm saying is true' i think is more about lying about Hishiro´s relife and the stuff surrounding that, the fact that Kaizaki wouldn´t remember her, Onoya supporting her, Yoake being her previous support etc.

I personally find the strangest thing about the memory loss thing the fact that there are no traces left, no photos no nothing which seems hard to achieve and never really explained in the manga.

Mar 22, 2018 10:29 PM

yea the memory issue was always weird, since they emphatically stated they would be forgotten completley, and here i thought arata and hishiro would forget completley too. its kinda weird, but i couldnt think of any other way they would remember eachother anyhow

Mar 30, 2018 8:13 PM
I personally think it was a bit rushed they remembering each other. But I'm happy that it happened! Just wanted it to have been more gradual...

May 28, 1:11 AM
I'm confused as why the cell phone strap is ok to left behind. Why it didn't disappear or thrown away by company as well. Is it because it's not directly related to each other' memory?
But I like the ending nonetheless~~♡