Forum Settings
Forums
Kagerou Daze (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 19, 2018 3:50 PM
Jul 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It was like..? A Kitkat bar. It tastes delicious, but doesn't really do anything for the void that craves Mekakucity Reload.

How do I say it? I liked it, but the whole thing is reliant of you knowing what's up already and being a fan in general. If you are a fan, it's fun seeing what everyone is up to, even if it was tough to keep track.

Kano throughout the whole thing is big mood.
Mar 22, 2018 2:25 PM

Dec 2015
thekagepro24 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It was like..? A Kitkat bar. It tastes delicious, but doesn't really do anything for the void that craves Mekakucity Reload.

How do I say it? I liked it, but the whole thing is reliant of you knowing what's up already and being a fan in general. If you are a fan, it's fun seeing what everyone is up to, even if it was tough to keep track.

Kano throughout the whole thing is big mood.
I only saw the RAWs for this movie without subtitles, so I actually wasn't sure what the characters were saying most of the time, but I got the impression that this was basically a retelling of the "terrorist save-Shintaro" scene from episode 3 Mekakucity Actors with a couple of new touches.

I still have mixed feelings about some of the new character designs (especially for Momo and Seto), and I felt they might've been too detailed for this movie's budget, resulting in A LOT of ugly stills and derp faces. Mekakucity Actors definitely looked a lot more visually pleasing and engaging in its art direction/style (if we ignore that one CG scene in Ayano's Theory of Happiness *shudders*).

Now I am worried that the remake, Mekakucity Reload (which I heard was being handled by the same studio) will have similar art/animation problems, but I am also excited as a long-time KagePro fan to finally get something new from this timeless story.

Overall, I enjoyed the movie as a temporary sneak-peek at what Reload will look like (or hopefully will NOT look like). I'll definitely rewatch it again after someone more well-versed in Japanese decides to subtitle it.
"Anime is trash and so am I."
May 9, 2018 6:40 AM

Jan 2014
>tfw no translations are out in English yet, and it's already been two months
May 16, 2018 8:45 AM

Jan 2013
well this was basically just an inferior remake of episode 1 for memekakucity actors lol. what an utter waste of time. not only was it lacking in the crazy shaft aesthetic style but it also felt cheap productionwise and didn't add anything extra nor worthwhile to the narrative of the story.
Feb 10, 2019 12:44 AM

Aug 2014
wow that was rly bad

Mar 15, 2019 5:33 AM

Feb 2013
So, the bad guys weren't lucky when they picked the mall.
Aug 8, 2019 4:14 PM

Jul 2016
The 2014 anime was much better. The animation was so weird in this short.
Jun 29, 2021 5:33 PM
Dec 2017
the movie is mainly 4 fans only and well its pretty condesned.

More topics from this board

» The next logical step.

Melodic_Musings - Jul 4, 2016

5 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Jul 1, 2021 6:42 PM

» Theme song "Red"

Nuggetboi_07 - Nov 3, 2016

8 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Jun 29, 2021 9:14 PM

» Hyped Or Not For The Upcoming Kagerou Daze Movie?

LilyRainne - Aug 20, 2016

8 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Jun 29, 2021 5:37 PM

» release other than Mushin

Mikarin_Enjoyer - Jan 20, 2019

0 by Mikarin_Enjoyer »»
Jan 20, 2019 4:08 AM

» Any info of a possible release online?

RoryBurrows - May 19, 2017

3 by rowhan »»
Dec 28, 2017 9:02 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.