Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 19, 2018 7:12 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, I felt bad for Ginko this episode. The way that Yaichi treated him is really unacceptable and the fact that he made her cry...

However, there's a lot of psychology going on this episode especially in his head. With just one more episode left, it's inevitable that he'll have a big mountain to climb to overcome his struggles. Oh well, at least he manages to apology to Ai.

Meanwhile, Keika faced against a challenging opponent on her own.
Stark700Mar 19, 2018 7:23 AM
Mar 19, 2018 7:33 AM
May 2011
Ginko will never be number one for Yaichi and she should know that already. He doesn't need a yandere like her.
Mar 19, 2018 7:55 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Ai's desire to cheer up Yaichi ended up making herself ill huh the poor girl. Losing that many rounds sure has made Yaichi forget his true reason for playing shogi. When faced with this even the usually icy Ginko ended up crying eh. Keika's match really was something. She really has become strong. Keika's win finally managed to get through Yaichi's haze. The scene where Yaichi and Ai hugged really was heartwarming and her wish was a powerful one. At last both of Yaichi's disciples have become pro players. The ceremony certainly didn't represent a pre match event though but more like a marriage. Ginko's death glare lol. Can't wait to see how this ends in the final episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 19, 2018 8:27 AM

Aug 2014
I didn't want to see my girl crying :'( but tbh she is stupid to go there at that time, I know she wanted to help but still that was a sad scene to watch :'(
Next week is the finale ;_;
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Mar 19, 2018 8:46 AM

Jun 2015
It was a bad idea for Ginko to talk to Yaichi. Congrats to Keika for winning, she did a good job. That ceremony made it look like that Yaichi and Ai got married lol. Congrats to both of them.
Mar 19, 2018 8:58 AM

May 2009
Keika vs Eternal Queen Match is the match between Ichiyo Shimizu and Kana Satomi.
https://shogidb2.com/games/eef09f2a5629bbe1b536e4fb988dacee0442ec78

Keika is the one who trully understand what Yaichi suffer from and delivered the words our little Kuzu Ryuuou really needed to hear. ^^
Heading for the last Ryuuou's games now. :3
Mar 19, 2018 9:08 AM
Jul 2017
Confusing episode. How does a speech that emphasizes the value of hard work not totally justify how Yaichi has been acting the past episodes? He just hears it and magically he grows a conscience like hes Jerry Mcguire or some shit. Ill have to rewatch that scene.

Once again Ginko confirms that she is shit and always will be. He tells her to go away and she insists on staying despite the obvious gap in skill for the title hes defending. He points this out and she assaults him for it. Typical. Even though shes in the world of shogi she, like a pokemon, only has 4 moves: Joy kill, Act Kuudere, Assault, and Attract. She needs to just give up on him and fuck off.
Mar 19, 2018 9:13 AM
Dec 2011

LOL, sorry Ginko.
Mar 19, 2018 9:16 AM

Feb 2008
Well I was quite surprised that Yaichi didn't become more as jerk but I guess they have to made something out and a bit forced I guess, thanks to Keika he sudden realise what he did wrong.

Okay good job marriage Ai-chan Ryuuou l That's how ceremony looks like. Poor Ginko xD

Final episode is match against Meijin , will he lose his title or will he be able to win 4 times in row?
We know next week xD

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Mar 19, 2018 9:26 AM

Sep 2015
The way Episode 11 settled the Ryou's conflict was good. Personally, I thought the meeting with his disciple could have been better executed, but at least I got to see Yaichi head-pat Ai. The final episode better be wild, thrilling, and intense!
Mar 19, 2018 9:54 AM

Mar 2016
AP24 said:

LOL, sorry Ginko.

What if Ryuuou no Oshigoto turned out to be a supernatural / fantasy series? Cause that stare would definitely kill somebody xD
Mar 19, 2018 10:19 AM

Sep 2013
Crying Ginko hurts so much, yaichi and his issues making best girl sad :'(
Mar 19, 2018 10:34 AM

Mar 2015
I just wanna say, as hot as Ginko is, she's definitely one of the annoying ones in this series. She keeps beating up Yaichi cause of her jealousy, she isn't even his girlfriend and she keeps acting like one when she interrogated him about his relationship with crazy bitch, and now when Yaichi explicitly mentioned he wanted to be alone she still stays and continues to try to make a move on him when he's clearly distressed and not his usual self, then when he snaps on her she gets angry and complain(which is something that I can see happening, quite a few people are like that irl especially when they're just kids, still annoying tho). Idk, if she doesn't just keep beating up Yaichi out of nowhere then she would've been a nice romantic candidate but nah, she has to be the classic hit the MC for doing nothing wrong.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 19, 2018 11:24 AM
Mar 2015
Keika's win and the bento reminded him to make up with Ai. Now he has to make up with Ginka after treating her badly The master/disciple ceremony did sound like a marriage ceremony
Mar 19, 2018 11:35 AM
Trickster

Jun 2011
The most important thing to come out of this episode is the fact that Keika achieved her dream. So happy for her, I was afraid it was going to sucker punch me and have her lose at the last second.

It seems the other Ai is surprisingly considerate, more so than most others.

Keika's passion was able to knock Yaichi back to his senses. The apology to Ai was nice.

Ginko was annihilated this episode. No apology either. That death stare at the end was sort of a turn on though.

Well since next week is the last episode I'm going to guess Yaichi will put up a good fight but will ultimately lose. Sort of a shame since the guy he's playing seems to be unbeatable.
Mar 19, 2018 11:43 AM

Sep 2015
I just literally fall off the chair with that master/disciple ceremony.

That`s a smart move from the Shogi Associoation, they certainly will get more attention to the shogi wolrd now, but WHY THE HELL is Ai`s mother crying? XD
Mar 19, 2018 12:38 PM

Aug 2008
shiro_kai said:

That`s a smart move from the Shogi Associoation, they certainly will get more attention to the shogi wolrd now, but WHY THE HELL is Ai`s mother crying? XD
What mother wouldn't be proud of her 10 year old daughter's marria- I mean induction to becoming an eternal disciple to the Ryou? she's proud of Ai. :D
Mar 19, 2018 1:07 PM

Sep 2015
destructo22 said:
shiro_kai said:

What mother wouldn't be proud of her 10 year old daughter's marria- I mean induction to becoming an eternal disciple to the Ryou? she's proud of Ai. :D

I see, so she couldn't stop the tears when she thought about all the grandchild-.. grand titles her daughter will bring to her in the future. Very touching.

Mar 19, 2018 1:08 PM

Oct 2011
I almost thought he would kiss Ai on the lips at the end of that hug

Mar 19, 2018 1:25 PM
Jun 2017
I'm happy to see Keika achieving his dream but honestly, Ginko kinda played with fire, I won't say that it was deserved but it wasn't the smartest thing to do...

Can't wait to see how things will end next week!
Mar 19, 2018 3:08 PM

Jan 2015
"you cant run away anymore" I wonder if she said it to me or MC, *gulp* im scared i'll never get out of this anime T_T

ONE MORE EPISODE BOYS, finally i can get out of here :v some of the worst experiences i've had with an anime, thanks
Mar 19, 2018 5:03 PM
Jan 2017
After a surprisingly dark and gloomy episode last week, Yaichi regains his sense of hope and optimism thanks to an unexpected source: Keika. Once again, Ai Kayano delivers an amazing performance with Keika's victory. Hisako Kanemoto was also another highlight for this episode. As ambivalent as I feel about Ginko in general, her fight with Yaichi was genuinely heartbreaking, but I can't help but feel that she tried to take advantage of Yaichi when he was emotionally vulnerable. I found it weird that that Yaichi decided to apologize to Ai first since his fight with Ginko should still be fresh in his mind, but since he is a master now, he has to think of his students first, so it makes sense. Hopefully, his reconciliation with Ginko will be not as painful as their interactions usually are. The final episode is around the corner, so I can't wait to see how Yaichi will turn things around with the Meijin. This show has been very entertaining, so it deserves an entertaining conclusion.
Mar 19, 2018 5:25 PM
Jan 2017
Keika showing why she's best girl. Seriously, she and Red Ai are the only ones who understood that Yaichi needed some time alone. Keika still left him lunch everyday but never bothered him. Instead, she left him a message through her shogi duel. Also glad to see her finally reach female professional status. It was nice to see Yaichi and Ai's reunion and the headpats on the train were so cute. Keika was great this episode and now we see why Yaichi only has eyes for her because she truly understands him.
Starzen517Mar 19, 2018 5:31 PM
Mar 19, 2018 5:39 PM

Oct 2012
Yaichi and Ginko will be fine (I put my trust in the next episode). Gee, people really are harsh on her. She clearly isn't good at showing all of her emotions so when she shows some vulnerability, which I imagine is super hard for her, and then gets rejected, it's not a surprise that she would take it so seriously. It's easy to criticize looking from the outside but give her a break. She still has a lot of growing up to do. The fact that the younger disciples can grok what Yaichi needs is only a testament to their awesomeness.
Mar 19, 2018 5:41 PM

Sep 2017
The loli king is back - motivated by Keiks's match. It's nice that he made up with Ai, but he was a huge dick to Ginko and needs to apologize. I can't believe how hard they made the master-disciple thing be like a wedding. Good memes.
Mar 19, 2018 6:00 PM

Nov 2017
Wow,that was one hell of a coaster of emotions.
How the hell could he not take up Ginko on that offer-oh wait,just thinking about the aftermath has me shivering :)
And that hug,so made it look like he was gonna kiss Ai.
The ceremony at the end was hilarious,esp Ai's mother crying.
And that stare,jeez,felt like I was the one she wanted extremely dead.
Looking forward to the next ep,what with the possible stomping Ginko's gonna give him :)
Also,was it just me,or did anyone else think the stare she gave him wasn't just for his harsh treatment of her,but also for the fact it looked a lot like he was getting hitched with Ai.
And Keiko,how could I not mention her!-She's such a babe!
Mar 19, 2018 6:33 PM
Jun 2017
one of the best episode this has, i love this one as it shown how the other characters are so affected by what is happening with the ryou.

* that Ginko scene is just sad, its an expected reaction from her if you could hear some kind of words like she has heard from him. (though i also understand that Ryou didnt mean that, its just the timing when Ginko came is not the right one.)

* one of my favorite scene is the Ai (Hinatsuro) and Ryuo (yaichi) near like KISS!!!! i almost thought he will do that one to Ai (and go to JAIL1!!) hahaha...

* my other favorite is the Pre Ryou Match ceremony (or the Ai and Yaichi Discipleship Ceremony), it looks like a wedding one... hahahah... the way they held it it looks like a wedding and that Ginko look while watching it is GREAT!!!!

IM SO EXCITED FOR THE FINAL EPISODE NEXT WEEK... hope yaichi win over the meijin!!! (and hoping that Char and other Loli will have an appearance and moment with Yaichi.)
Mar 19, 2018 7:06 PM

Dec 2016
modboy said:
Yaichi and Ginko will be fine (I put my trust in the next episode). Gee, people really are harsh on her. She clearly isn't good at showing all of her emotions so when she shows some vulnerability, which I imagine is super hard for her, and then gets rejected, it's not a surprise that she would take it so seriously. It's easy to criticize looking from the outside but give her a break. She still has a lot of growing up to do. The fact that the younger disciples can grok what Yaichi needs is only a testament to their awesomeness.

Well said.
-------
Hope they will show Meijin's Face in the last eps.
Mar 19, 2018 7:30 PM
No.1 Nahida Simp

Jan 2017
Yaichi might lost shogi games against the meijin but he definitely won in the game of life. Damn boy I'm so jealous I also want a loli wife. >_<
Mar 19, 2018 9:06 PM
Oct 2016
What a f*ucking idiot.

Nothing else to be said about this episode.
Mar 19, 2018 10:26 PM

May 2016
I'm pissed off with him... Ginko deserves a man a way better than him, he deserve to die alone in a desert island... haaaaaa
Please someone push him in the subway rails...
sirYukiMar 19, 2018 10:30 PM
『  』
Mar 20, 2018 3:15 AM

May 2016
God I can't stand Ginko.
Complete bitch to the MC the whole season and now she's suppose to be the victim? Tsunderes are trash.
Mar 20, 2018 5:50 AM

May 2017
Keika won? Wtf I call BS, an idiot who can't even beat elementarys won against that level of an opposition? strength is so broken in this shitty series

That "marriage" scene was hilarious tho lol
Mar 20, 2018 7:13 AM

Jan 2014
Red Ai best girl, she surpassed Blue White Ai for long but still give number 1 spot to her friend. I hope her she get her reward and happiness.

Poor Ginko, I hope thing get clear for her. I know it is too cloudy and misty between her and him, but can't really blame him because she is not honest with her feeling at all.

Glassgrenado said:
Confusing episode. How does a speech that emphasizes the value of hard work not totally justify how Yaichi has been acting the past episodes? He just hears it and magically he grows a conscience like hes Jerry Mcguire or some shit. Ill have to rewatch that scene.

That mean he is not the only one who have to work hard and worked hard, but everyone too. He feels like shit because he treat everyone like a nuisance when in fact they just understand how hard he work and worried about him.
rorimoeMar 20, 2018 7:17 AM
Mar 20, 2018 8:03 AM

Oct 2008
Yaichi deserved that punch from Ginko! hell yeah right! he's a piece of sh!t!
Good thing about this show is Keika winning against Eternal Queen Shakando! she's now a female professional! same as Hinatsuru Ai!
The event program looks like Yaichi is getting getting marries to LOLICON Hinatsuru Ai!
LOLZ! more work to do for Yaichi especially he needs to apologize to Ginko! I really thought they'd just forgot that...good thing not.
5/5.

TsundeReaper said:
Keika won? Wtf I call BS, an idiot who can't even beat elementarys won against that level of an opposition? strength is so broken in this shitty series

That "marriage" scene was hilarious tho lol

yeah, how inconsistent, if Yaichi had a little bit of struggle having a simple match against Shakando...what happened to Keika vs Shakando? i thought Shogi is a no mercy game wherein you cannot let your opponent win just because she's one step closer to a next rank or something? Shogi should be a no pity game!
matias067Mar 20, 2018 8:12 AM

Mar 20, 2018 1:24 PM
EDM ❤

May 2012
My opinion on this episode is resumed to...

Fucking lolicon.

That's all folks.
Mar 20, 2018 2:03 PM
Mar 2016
Keika wins, finally the MILF has gotten what she wants except a husband.

Ya know that other Ai needs some attitude adjustment, with a whoop in her ass.

So Ginko gives Ryuuo a knuckle sandwich, serves him right and the rejection serves her right where she now cries like a baby .

So technically speaking this anime has ended already and the 12th ep is gonna be merely a post credit?
Mar 20, 2018 5:54 PM
Jan 2018
Tsundere Ai need some credit in this episode too. I thought she gonna come to Yaichi apartment give him a good smack but instead she being considerated and keep her distance from Yaichi while supporting everyone in her own way.
Mar 20, 2018 8:35 PM

Jul 2009
LOL Yaichi basically just got married.
Mar 20, 2018 10:11 PM

Sep 2011
God damn Yaichi's so freaking stupid and Keika's fecking stupid too.

"Dur hur Ginko it sure was dumb of you to try and cheer up Yaichi. We should just let him wallow in pointless self pity until he randomly snaps out of it."
Mar 21, 2018 12:44 AM

Feb 2017
S O M U C H C R I N G E
Lets see Yaichi comeback 4 win in a row and get all the bitches.

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Mar 21, 2018 5:20 PM

May 2015
Damn, homeboy is 2 for 2 (100%) in the scumbag chart... way to go! At least he said sorry to one of the girls... *Sigh*
Mar 21, 2018 8:11 PM
Apr 2013
To the people who get confused on mentally addressing which Ai is speaking, you can call (Yashajin)Ai Ten-chan, based on one of the Kanji of her name.

Speaking of names, the names of both Ai are quite interesting when you put them side by side:

あい - Ai - which could mean Love
天衣 -Read as Ai, but written as Ten'i, which means Forever in English(at least according to Google translate. Its literal translation is Heavenly Garment)

You get Forever Love. Slightly broken grammar aside, it's quite beautiful and poetic for me.
albertrojasMar 21, 2018 8:26 PM
Mar 22, 2018 12:56 AM

Sep 2017
Whoa, thank God that Keika finally won. Atleast she showed something to Yaichi.

BTW that Ginko stare. Extremely creepy. Not that Yaichi didn't deserve it.
Atleast we have the Meijin matches coming up. Yaichi has to win everyone of them to keep his title.

And yes, Yaichi basically got married. No wonder Ginko wasn't happy about it.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Mar 22, 2018 7:44 AM

Sep 2008
Ginko finally got treated like the dogshit that she is.

Keika accomplished her dream.

Yaichi apologised to Ai.

This might just be the best episode. It's too bad the loli brigade didn't show up to that ceremony at the end, though.
Mar 22, 2018 8:08 AM
Nov 2017
this isn't an actual comedy imo, i just laugh at how average it is has me laughing v hard
Mar 22, 2018 9:42 AM

Apr 2013
I really wanted to punch Yaichi on his face for what he's done to Ai and Ginko. I'm not satisfied enough with Ginko's punch.
Mar 22, 2018 3:29 PM
Mar 2012
Finally congrats to Keika going pro (& mvp for Yaichi) and marriage.
Meijin's eyes still blocked. So baka mc just needed a reminder of how great his friends are & they care.
Mar 23, 2018 4:17 AM
Oct 2017
Ginko.

Thats what fkn happens when you make yourself vulnerable to anyone...

How irrisponsible of him to not apologize. then he shares a cheeky smile with Ai at the end instead of making an effort to apologize. So selfish. He doesn't even apologise properly to Ai.

I'm not saying its bad, but it did reveal a part of Yaichi's nature. Hes a self-absorbed bastard.
Mar 23, 2018 5:07 AM

Nov 2011
I honestly do not know who I hate more, Yaichi or Ai (Og Disciple) Yaichi is a complete and utter idiot. It took you that long to realize you didn't apologize to Sora? Meanwhile you're having fun on the train and enjoying yourself. Straight trash dude.

Meanwhile Ai is getting swept up in being the disciple and having basically a wedding ceremony. I just find the whole situation uncomfortable.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ryuuou no Oshigoto! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2018

94 by basspig »»
Feb 27, 9:00 PM

Poll: » Ryuuou no Oshigoto! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2018

112 by WELLERM »»
Dec 16, 2023 6:58 PM

Poll: » Ryuuou no Oshigoto! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2018

104 by WELLERM »»

Poll: » Ryuuou no Oshigoto! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2018

65 by WELLERM »»

Poll: » Ryuuou no Oshigoto! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2018

62 by WELLERM »»
Dec 16, 2023 6:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.