Forum Settings
Forums

Broadcast of 'Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen' to Air in Split Cours

Mar 19, 5:15 AM
News Team
The official Twitter account for the Gintama anime series has announced that currently airing Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen will be split cours. After the final episode broadcast on Monday, March 26, the continuation of the anime will broadcast this summer.

The anime series is based on Hideaki Sorachi's manga of the same name. It has been serialized via Shueisha's Weekly Shounen Jump magazine since December 2003 and is on its final arc. 72 compiled volumes have been released, with the latest recently going on sale on March 2. From TV anime, to movies and OVAs, the manga has received multiple anime adaptations, which began in Spring 2006 with Sunrise animating the first three anime adaptations, then Bandai Namco Pictures animated the rest. Its live-action movie premiered last July, with the second movie planned for an August screening.

Source: Official Twitter

Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen 2 on MAL
Modified by tsubasalover, May 13, 6:56 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!

Mar 19, 5:22 AM
"This time it's totally actually the final season. We swear."

Mar 19, 5:29 AM

ItsXolo said:
"This time it's totally actually the final season. We swear."

"Next on Gintama, Definitely the final season".

Mar 19, 5:34 AM

So this masterpiece will finally come to an end in Summer 2018. Absolutely no anime made me care for the characters like I cared for Gintama's.

Thanks for the irreplaceable memories.

Mar 19, 5:46 AM

So there's going to be yet another Gintama entry in the Top 20 of MAL's Top Anime in Summer.

"It is being serialized via Weekly Shounen Sunday since December 2003 and is on final arc."

It's a Weekly Shounen Jump manga, dude. Not Weekly Shounen Sunday.

Mar 19, 5:53 AM

inb4 Gintama takes all the top 20 anime spots.
Just̰͙͔͈ͧͣͫͨ́ Mon͓̮͓ͧ̿̅̒͗iͨ̅̇ͤ̑̇͒̚҉̘̪ka͓͕͓̱̯͂͋́͗

Mar 19, 5:53 AM

Oiii Kintokiiiiiiiii

Looking forward to it. The manga is going some ways now lol so not sure how will that wrap up with the anime.

Mar 19, 6:36 AM

i genuinely have no idea how it gonna wrap up, lOl....
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."

Mar 19, 6:43 AM

shanimebib said:
So this masterpiece will finally come to an end in Summer 2018. Absolutely no anime made me care for the characters like I cared for Gintama's.

we don't know for sure either lol, because a 3rd cour might happen also(the manga is still going with One not emoji arc to wrap up, and I see 20 or more Chapters happening)
Sup...

Mar 19, 7:12 AM
News Team
@wildhood Oops, I typed the name of the magazine wrong even though I got the correct db link. I've fixed it.
Modified by tsubasalover, Mar 19, 7:38 AM

Mar 19, 7:16 AM

I wonder if it will pull a Duarara season 2(3 cours with 3 month breaks in-between)
Sup...

Mar 19, 7:57 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Lol, this final arc won't be anything less than 3 cours. We may end up getting another season then. Anything that ensures consistent production values is fine by me.

Mar 19, 8:55 AM

There exist a parallel world where Gintama had successfully accomplished the impossible. Having all of its series in top 1-50 of MAL.

Mar 19, 9:32 AM
~ PR Cheerio ~

Well it seems like they're going to take it a bit slowly I assume. But hey nice -w-

Mar 19, 11:12 AM

Come on BNP, I'm tired of all these 13 episode entries already...
"At some point, I stopped hoping."

Mar 19, 11:50 AM

shanimebib said:

It's not. The manga isn't even finished and even if the final arc that is adapted in this and the future anime already ended in there, we already have a timeskip with a new arc so the gintama anime will probably only end in 2019

Mar 19, 4:25 PM
SHSL Good Luck

joe_g7 said:
Come on BNP, I'm tired of all these 13 episode entries already...
It probably has to do with it's new timeslot, Sorachi not ending the manga, and matching the anime's release with the new video game and live-action movie, rather than BNP purposely choosing to do 1 cour seasons. It's Bandai Namco Holdings' choice after all.

May 13, 6:53 PM
News Team