Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 10, 2018 10:35 AM

Apr 2017
I do indeed. It's usually instrumental stuff or lo fi hip hop. Music helps me focus on what I'm reading.
Apr 11, 2018 6:27 AM

Oct 2012
I read a lot of Berserk to Directions to See a Ghost by The Black Angels, and I read a lot of Koe no Karachi to Passion Pit
Apr 11, 2018 7:05 AM

Nov 2015
Recently been reading a lot while listening to hip hop (eminem, dre, biggie). Idrk why.. kind of helps me read it at a better pace. But used to listen to a lot of Cpop (Jay Chou, Gem Tang, Namewee), especially if it's a manhwa. Tried once to play depressing music over all the sad parts but it got tedious.
Oct 26, 2018 5:13 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
I did that once when I was reading Makai Ouji. It was the songs used in kara no kyoukai.
Oct 27, 2018 5:19 AM

Jul 2017
yea I alwais listen to music at the same time.but music without lyrics.
I mostly listen to two step from hell, their musics have no lyrics so it doesn't break my focus.
and they have more than 10 albums which all have unique settings and themes

for example while reading vinland saga, I was listening to unleashed, an album who's feel was very much like the manga because it was like epic musics in the sea or something(it's very hard to describe the feel of something but trust me it was fitting)

well I don't alwais listen to songs that are perfectly fitting for the atmosphere of the manga but realy it's great
Oct 27, 2018 6:16 AM
Oct 2018
webtoons is on another level there is music with some of the chapter of UnOrdinary comic in Webtoons.
Oct 27, 2018 9:15 PM

Sep 2018
yeah usually, it's fun making playlists for manga when i get the general vibe of it after a few chapters
but i blast the pillows whenever i'm feeling lazy
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 27, 2018 11:27 PM

Sep 2012
Signifie said:
I listen to music quite often while reading manga, preferably ambient music with no vocals on low volume to act as background music which slightly enhances my experience.

^ This.

I like a lot of lofi stations and classical instrumentals, too. (Fantasia actually got me into playing those alongside my reading/writing) If I'm reading horror I'll pick out some fitting music from Silent Hill or Resident Evil's OSTs

Oct 28, 2018 1:57 AM
Jul 2018
Can't concentrate if I'm reading with muzak
Oct 28, 2018 2:38 AM

Dec 2017
mellow melody without vocal migh helps but not with these musics
Oct 28, 2018 11:19 AM

Apr 2017
Yeah, I often read to instrumental jazz or chill electronic. Anything with vocals tends to get distracting.
Oct 28, 2018 1:08 PM

May 2018
Yes, sometimes.
But just if there is an anime OST available for the particular manga counterpart. Vocal less only.
Oct 31, 2018 5:07 PM

Aug 2016
Listening to classical music while reading always relaxes me

Nov 2, 2018 9:04 AM

May 2018
Yes, I frequently do that when I read. Sometimes I wouldn't listen though, depending on the mood. But I listen to different music (eng, kor, jap, or game osts) because it helps me concentrate reading instead of getting bored.

𝐀π₯π₯ 𝐰𝐒π₯π₯ π›πžπœπ¨π¦πž 𝐳𝐞𝐫𝐨.
π“π‘πšπ­ 𝐒𝐬 𝐰𝐑𝐚𝐭 𝐈'𝐦 𝐚𝐒𝐦𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐨𝐫.
Nov 4, 2018 10:29 AM

Nov 2017
I've started doing this as well. It's weird, isn't it? It's like a soundtrack for black and white letters. Pretty cool kind of. I usually put on something from youtube that I know nothing about.

Fishmans, other Japanese albums.
Nov 4, 2018 10:40 AM
βœΏγ€‚

Apr 2012
Yeah I do when reading, sets the mood for me.
I mostly listen to instrumentals & OSTs tho.

:: SʏᴍᴘʜᴏɴΙͺα΄€

Fly me to the moon
Let me play among the stars
Let me see what spring is like
On jupiter and mars

β˜† β˜… β˜† β˜…
Nov 5, 2018 10:25 AM

Sep 2013
I listen to whatever music, but I do agree that sometimes the music helps with the immersion. I have had experienced having a song on repeat by accident for hours without realizing because I was so immersed in the manga. Hours. Like 9 hours straight. So whenever I hear that specific song, I get images of the manga pop up in my head LOL. Happened to be twice and those two songs are forever ingrained in my memory as that specific manga's "song" :')
Nov 5, 2018 12:29 PM

Nov 2017
When I read a manga I spend most of my time searching for good songs to fit with what's going on with the story rather than actually reading the manga.

But when I find the right song, oh boy is it satisfying.
Nov 6, 2018 11:29 AM

Sep 2018
This is more manhwa and webtoons from other countries of origin, but on Linetoon there are actually some chapters of certain titles that come WITH a track for you to listen to while reading the chapter. Like, usually it will be a piece of composed music written for the cinematic effect of that specific chapter, I really enjoy it, it really sets the mood and adds a whole new dimension to the experience. I really appreciate all the work that the creators put into orchestrating the experience as a whole as well.
Nov 6, 2018 1:34 PM

Jul 2017
I usually watch the anime first and if its interesting enough ill read the manga, so i often use the ost from the anime while reading it. But when i find one that's not animated yet i try to find music to fit the pace of the story.
Nov 6, 2018 5:35 PM

Jan 2016
Never tried finding music to match the manga I read, so I just leave it out altogether.
Nov 20, 2018 8:45 AM

Jul 2017
I tried listening to war soundtracks while reading Kingdom. That was satisfying. Reading the manga & listening to powerful osts with the characters fighting on the battlefield made it more epic.

smell of coffee
songs of sleep

Nov 20, 2018 8:47 AM

Jan 2018
It depends.If the manga I read was a comedy one then I'd rather listen to music while reading it.But if it were the other genres then no,the musc'd disturb me.
Nov 20, 2018 3:37 PM

Jul 2015
I like to read listening whatever kind of song, like listening Ambient when I read gore manga or listening Death Metal when I read Yotsuba To!
Nov 20, 2018 4:12 PM

Sep 2018
I get unfocused extremely easily so I very rarely listen to music while reading manga.
Nov 21, 2018 3:09 AM

Mar 2015
I always listen to music while I browse the internet, so I always listen to music while reading manga.

I also don't choose a specific playlist/song to match the mood of the manga, I just listen to whatever playlist that I'm currently enjoying.
Nov 21, 2018 3:17 PM

Nov 2018
While its totally possible for me to be able to read and immerse myself in manga without music, I will agree with what some of the other posters have said in that without some kind of "soundtrack" there seems like there's something missing. I usually play some music when I know that I'm really going to "binge" a manga and try to read like thirty chapters in one go.

As a result, there's some music now that I can't listen to without thinking about the manga that I read while listening to it years and years ago. Its actually kind of nice. I would post what music I listen to, but they're all so varied and there's so many of them, that I'd really rather not.
Nov 22, 2018 2:51 AM

Aug 2017
I tried reading Yotsubato while listening to music, then I realised it was distrupting my enjoyment so I stopped listening to music while reading manga afterwards.

Even then music gets stuck in my head while I read stuff. Really annoying.
Nov 23, 2018 2:30 PM

Feb 2015
i do almost everything with music in the BG, but there was a particular time a few days ago when i was reading kuragehime and listening to the anime OST and was shocked at how fitting it was reading and listening to it at the same time, lol.
Nov 23, 2018 7:11 PM

Oct 2015
Recently, I do listen to albums while reading manga for time efficiency, didn't do it before because I won't be able to focus on the other one, and I find it disrespectful to do so, but alas, finite free time is a pain.

π”šπ”žπ”«π”«π”ž 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠π”₯ 𝔢𝔬𝔲,
π”šπ”žπ”«π”±π”¦π”«' 𝔢𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱π”₯ π”žπ”©π”© π”ͺ𝔢 π”ͺ𝔦𝔀π”₯𝔱

Nov 24, 2018 3:27 PM
Oct 2018
I've started doing this recently, so far I've read:
Oyasumi Punpun - Lo-Fi music
Jojo's bizarre adventure - trash dubstep
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Sticky: » 2024 Manga Reading Challenge - Sign Up ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MRC_mod - Jan 18

375 by YahwehTzVaoth »»
5 hours ago

» 2024 Manga Reading Challenge - Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

MRC_mod - Jan 20

151 by Armandoriel »»
7 hours ago

» When will be the next chapter of One punch Man released ?

MagrMal - Today

1 by Alexioos95 »»
8 hours ago

» How many chapters do you read a month?

Rissio - Apr 4

21 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:55 PM

» Manga Wisdom for the Ages ( 1 2 )

Nekoburger - Aug 9, 2023

52 by Luxology »»
Yesterday, 5:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.