Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 18, 2018 9:38 AM

Mar 2018
Well guys idk why but I feel like I'm running out of anime to watch.. I mean look at my watch list there's only 1 left and the things I planned to watch isnt even complete.. I mean I may have only have 92 completed but tbh I just dont remeber the other animes I've watched since I new. It's just that I like romance yet I don't the show solely based on its just that I guess my type is something where romance isnt the whole picture but it's there like hmm charlotte something like that..

Set By KawazoeKumiko
"We Sometimes Think We Disappear But All We Want Is To Be Found"

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 18, 2018 9:51 AM

Jan 2018
Maybe you should stop watching anime then?

If and when this happens to me I'm just going to re watch my favorite shows from time to time.
Mar 18, 2018 9:53 AM

Apr 2016
Well, why not to start to watch something from your PTW then ?
Mar 18, 2018 9:56 AM

Jan 2018
start watching the top anime leaderboard?
you haven't even watched basics like code geass or neon genesis or cowboy bebop how can you say you're running out?
"That is why I prefer using you two pistols. There is symmetry to wielding you two, right?
(Getting aggravated) But when you two are in human form, your hairstyles and your heights are completely different...
(Grabs their breasts) Even your cup sizes are completely different!"
Death the Kid, Shinigami

Mar 18, 2018 9:59 AM

Mar 2018
I would branch out to different genres. If you stay focused on trying to watch anime that pander exclusively to your tastes you're gonna have a bad time.
The Soviet Union will revive #communism
Mar 18, 2018 10:00 AM

Jan 2018
You haven't barely scratched the surface yet kid..

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Mar 18, 2018 10:01 AM
Sep 2017
I can tell you that there are for sure more anime to watch. I joined MAL recently so I don't have many animes added to my account, but if you like romance anime try White Album 2, it's totally a hidden gem, it revolves around mostly romance and music though (you can ignore White Album, its a completely different anime).

Some other good romance animes are:
Golden Time
Hagani
Relife
Nisekoi
The World God Only Knows
From The New World (This ones kinda dark, totally underrated though)
MeloManiaticMar 18, 2018 10:07 AM
Mar 18, 2018 10:05 AM

Jan 2013
92 completed and says he's ran out of anime to watch...

Mar 18, 2018 10:06 AM

Jun 2015
Go to the recs board and request something specific.
Mar 18, 2018 10:08 AM

Aug 2015
You've barely explored the medium beyond mainstream shows. Why am I not surprised?
Mar 18, 2018 10:09 AM

Feb 2010
Anime with good romance but it's not the main focus? Try Zegapain and Uchuu no Stellvia
I probably regret this post by now.
Mar 18, 2018 10:09 AM

Jan 2017
You're at 22 days lmao. Maybe when you get over a thousand days, like some of the users on here (not me...yet) you can have a realistic argument about running out of 'interesting' anime, but probably not even then.

Mar 18, 2018 10:11 AM

Feb 2018
Try some shows from different genres
Mar 18, 2018 10:11 AM

Jun 2017
You didn't even see the best romance anime yet. Yes, I'm talking about Death Note

Mar 18, 2018 10:13 AM
Feb 2009
My recomendations:
Kara no Kyoukai - Fate universe
Ouran Koukou Host Club
Macross F
ReLIFE
Gamers!
Just Because!
Itsudatte Bokura no Koi wa 10 cm Datta
NHK ni Youkoso!
Durarara!!
Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu
Mar 18, 2018 10:23 AM

Jan 2018
Just watch one piece or any battle shounen. Their interaction may not be for romance but they really show interest towards each other.

Try mirai nikki and gantz for an in depth feel about romance.

You should at least watch all the popular anime before telling people you're running out of anime. I'm watching Kimi no nawa right now after so long being skeptical about it. Probably a 10/10 from me as soon as I finish it.
Mar 18, 2018 10:23 AM

Oct 2011
i wish i had the same problem with you

"When the time is yours,
the future is waiting,
The person you become,
and the people you're creating.
"
Mar 18, 2018 10:30 AM

Apr 2017
you haven't watched a lot of anime yet so..

feel free to ask for recommendations on my profile.

"elles sont bien noires
les pensées des nuits blanches"

Mar 18, 2018 10:30 AM

Jan 2018
Oh wow, I took a look at your list. There are so many great shows and films that you haven't watched.
Mar 18, 2018 10:31 AM

Jul 2016
Your taste looks similar to mine, but we only have 3 anime in common, excluding Plan to Watch, since it doesn't count Plan to Watch.

You have to see things from my list.

https://myanimelist.net/animelist/IpreferEcchi
Mar 18, 2018 10:32 AM

Jun 2017
Yeah I mean I feel you, I was so depressed when Hannah Montana came to an end, worst post anime depression ever

EVER

Mar 18, 2018 12:28 PM

Nov 2016
How about Hachimitsu to Clover ? There's romance,but it isn't the main appeal.

And since you were fine with Charlottes romance you probably won't complain about

Bakuman
Parasyte
Versailles no Bara
Shingeki no Bahamut Virgin Soul

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 18, 2018 12:54 PM
Dec 2017
I am very interested by you saying you have nothing to watch, and having seen only a very limited amount of shows in a very small range of show. Try going out of your comfort zone, that's how I got into anime in the first place.
Mar 18, 2018 1:03 PM

Apr 2015
Why would you need to watch anime in the first place smh? If you can't find anything interesting go watch something else or do something completely different, come back later if you feel like, maybe then there's something you'd wanna give a shot.
Mar 18, 2018 1:07 PM

Dec 2012
You still have much to watch young padawan.
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Mar 18, 2018 1:15 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
why are these threads ALMOST ALWAYS made by people with -100 completions?

bruh..

just...

bruh...
Mar 18, 2018 1:17 PM

Jun 2010
Oh man, not this again ...

Another user who barely watched anything saying he run out of shows to watch ...

Just sigh ...
Mar 18, 2018 6:17 PM

Mar 2018
Well I mean It's about something about my taste... I guess your right I should branch out to different genres. I know the top animes I just dont watch them idk why I just the things I like or that figures my taste I guess I gotta start to branch out to I guess have fun??

Set By KawazoeKumiko

Mar 18, 2018 6:23 PM

Nov 2011
Good for you kid. I've seen 3 times the anime that you have and i still have so many in my ptw that i feel like i'll never complete it. And my list is nothing compared to most of my friends.

Go out and have fun irl. Or you know...start watching OLDER anime? You know those exist, right?
Mar 18, 2018 6:28 PM

Mar 2018
Themey said:
Good for you kid. I've seen 3 times the anime that you have and i still have so many in my ptw that i feel like i'll never complete it. And my list is nothing compared to most of my friends.

Go out and have fun irl. Or you know...start watching OLDER anime? You know those exist, right?
I know it exists It's just I guess I've been to picky on my animes to watch haha since I dint even touch code geass and death note.. anyway I still dont know is code geass is still worth watching since the ending is already spoiled to me

Set By KawazoeKumiko

Mar 18, 2018 6:31 PM

Nov 2014
Look through the top anime list and then read the summary's of each show, that should give you a place to start or alternatively you can look through the shows you've enjoyed, check the tags in the side information and click on those which show up most often and then watch the top rated in those genres.
Forum Signature
Mar 18, 2018 6:33 PM
Aug 2016
How could you run out when there's a wide variety around?

OT: Maybe take a break from watching anime? or maybe watch whatever is on your PTW list? Do what's best for your own benefit.
Mar 18, 2018 6:36 PM

Jun 2017
When I read this, I thought you watched over a thousand, then I loked at your list and 'oh...'

Tbh you haven't even watched much in terms of anime. There are thousands of anime to choose from, you should venture out into differebt genre's, try watching popular anime, top rated anime.
Mar 18, 2018 6:38 PM

Mar 2018
KreemCheez said:
When I read this, I thought you watched over a thousand, then I loked at your list and 'oh...'

Tbh you haven't even watched much in terms of anime. There are thousands of anime to choose from, you should venture out into differebt genre's, try watching popular anime, top rated anime.
Hahaha yeah I should really do that... haha sorry lol well I guess Im still a new in the anime world

Set By KawazoeKumiko

Mar 18, 2018 6:52 PM

Nov 2011
A_Psychopath said:
Themey said:

I know it exists It's just I guess I've been to picky on my animes to watch haha since I dint even touch code geass and death note.. anyway I still dont know is code geass is still worth watching since the ending is already spoiled to me

Alright, well you seem genuine and as you can see from my list I can't relate to your struggle but I can give you some advice as to how to find some new anime.

1. If you wached anime when you were young, try REALLY going through your memory banks as to what you really liked. You can even go the extra mile and look up the channel you watched anime on and what they aired at the time you watched them, in case you've forgotten some real gems. Then give them a re-watch before chucking them onto your list. I promise, it will be a much different experience, watching them with a more mature mindset. Of course, this is only applicable if you had anime in your childhood...or if you're not a child right now, I guess.

2. Think of your favourite genre then just google "[genre] anime classics" or "must watch [genre] anime". Then just skim the lists, read some summaries and add a few that interest you. Similiarly, think of your favourite anime and then try to find anime like them. You have the "recommendations" here on MAL (not quite reliable) or google.

3. If you have any friends who watch anime, ask them for recommendations. You'll either watch something incredibly good or something that will make you seriously question your friend's taste in anime but either way, you will have something to talk about.

4. Here on MAL go to the "Seasonal Anime" section and type in a random year then scroll through the list.

5. Try to find an anime watching challenge. There's one on MAL but I'm fairly sure you can find a few anywhere on the net. These give you a list of anime like "watch something from your favourite studio that you haven't seen before", "watch something that was released in xxxx year" etc. This can really broaden your horizon as you may end up watching anime you wouldn't have otherwise and end up really liking it!

There are many more ways of finding new stuff of course but it's 3am and I'm tired. Remember though, there are bunch of new anime coming out every season so it's LITERALLY impossible to run out of anime. Have fun, and sorry for the long ass post~
Mar 18, 2018 7:01 PM

Mar 2018
Thank you for the advise hahah I'll sure am gonna note those

Set By KawazoeKumiko

Mar 18, 2018 7:21 PM
Jan 2018
A_Psychopath said:
Themey said:

My friend, it was spoiled for me too. Did not affect me at all. That's how good the series and its ending is.
Mar 18, 2018 7:32 PM

Feb 2016
I just knew what type of list yours would be without even clicking
Mar 18, 2018 7:44 PM

Sep 2017
Haha. Those anime are just for those who enjoy anime in a long time. No wonder you start so bad. Watch the classics first.
Mar 18, 2018 7:47 PM

Mar 2018
Half-MagePrince said:
Haha. Those anime are just for those who enjoy anime in a long time. No wonder you start so bad. Watch the classics first.
Well I'm fairy new to anime started watching in 2013 and became addicted just a year ago... But I guess the wrong things I did is that I started with fairl new ones haha

Set By KawazoeKumiko

Mar 18, 2018 7:50 PM

Sep 2017
A_Psychopath said:
Half-MagePrince said:
Well I'm fairy new to anime started watching in 2013 and became addicted just a year ago... But I guess the wrong things I did is that I started with fairl new ones haha

Watch Hyouka, Gosick or any other mystery genre. That will always do the trick to regain.
Mar 18, 2018 7:54 PM

Mar 2018
Half-MagePrince said:
A_Psychopath said:

Watch Hyouka, Gosick or any other mystery genre. That will always do the trick to regain.
I already watch those two animes haah but I guess "
sunday without god " maybe?

Set By KawazoeKumiko

Mar 18, 2018 7:54 PM

Oct 2015
Obligatory watch better anime.

I'm the opposite. Ever since I got active on MAL, I met people who recommended me anime which I greatly loved out of anything I've watched for the past decade (been watching anime since 2007), which in turn became my new favorites.

π”šπ”žπ”«π”«π”ž 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠π”₯ 𝔢𝔬𝔲,
π”šπ”žπ”«π”±π”¦π”«' 𝔢𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱π”₯ π”žπ”©π”© π”ͺ𝔢 π”ͺ𝔦𝔀π”₯𝔱

Mar 18, 2018 8:10 PM

Sep 2017
[quote=A_Psychopath message=54396767][quote=Half-MagePrince message=54396724][quote=A_Psychopath message=54396707]
Half-MagePrince said:

I already watch those two animes haah but I guess "
sunday without god " maybe?

OPM, reLife, GATE, Shokugeki no Souma. Those are some of my recommendations. Feel free to visit my list.
Mar 18, 2018 8:49 PM

May 2009
A_Psychopath said:
Well guys idk why but I feel like I'm running out of anime to watch.. I mean look at my watch list there's only 1 left and the things I planned to watch isnt even complete.. I mean I may have only have 92 completed but tbh I just dont remeber the other animes I've watched since I new. It's just that I like romance yet I don't the show solely based on its just that I guess my type is something where romance isnt the whole picture but it's there like hmm charlotte something like that..
Have you watched the following series, most of which involve romance as part of a larger story?
Angel Beats (though you're probably already aware of this because you've seen Charlotte)
Allison & Lillia
Nodame Cantabile
Eureka Seven
Plastic Memories
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Stellvia of the Universe
The Tower of Druaga
Umi Monogatari
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time

And here's a few more stories that involve romance, though they might be riskier picks due to...let's just say, content, that not everyone agrees on, to varying degrees:

These are from a variety of different genres. I mean no obligation for you to try out all of this, but I hope this list starts you off on an interesting story!

EcchiGodMamsterP said:
why are these threads ALMOST ALWAYS made by people with -100 completions?
Probably because people with more stuff finished have already discovered ways to find more things to watch, and their "ceiling" is then far, far higher (in the hundreds or thousands).
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Mar 18, 2018 9:14 PM

Jun 2016
I'm going to recommend some based on what you sayed and haven't watched yet:

- Date a Live
- Elfen Lied
- Eureka Seven
- Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
- Isshuukan Friends
- Lovely Complex
- Plastic Memories
- ReLIFE
- Romeo x Juliet
- Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii
- Tasogare Otome x Amnesia

And also Hunter x Hunter, it has the most beautiful relationship between two main characters i have ever seen in anime, although it could be considered friendship (which has more supporters tbh) or love depending on your own perspective of the whole thing.
Mar 18, 2018 9:25 PM

Aug 2014
Less than 100 anime in total > ran out of anime to watch.
How about "expand your taste"?
Not "I'll just watch specific genre"?
Even if you said romcom anime there's hundreds dozen of those
Mar 18, 2018 9:29 PM
Jan 2016
My advice is, wait. Just wait, & new anime that you want to watch will come eventually.
Mar 18, 2018 9:40 PM
η©‚δΉƒζžœγ―η₯ž

Oct 2015
first world problems

I advise people to stop limiting what they watch and just jump into whatever the hell they find :p
I remember romcoms being what got me back into anime about seven years ago, so...that's all I'd want to watch. If it weren't for me one day deciding "well I'm gonna watch Love Live even if it looks like trash" just for the sake of it, I wouldn't have been as easygoing about anime. If it weren't for me one day deciding "well I'm gonna watch One Punch Man even if it looks like trash" just for the sake of watching it, I wouldn't have found out not only how fun action anime can be, but that jumping into any random anime might be a blast. If it weren't for me one day deciding "well I'm gonna watch Hunter x Hunter 'cause it has a high rating on MyAnimeList" just for the sake of it being popular here, I wouldn't have been watching anime much as I do now.

tl;dr Stop limiting yourself under criteria and just watch any random anime you find, even if you don't "feel like it".
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 18, 2018 9:50 PM

Mar 2018
ChartTopper60 said:
first world problems

I advise people to stop limiting what they watch and just jump into whatever the hell they find :p
I remember romcoms being what got me back into anime about seven years ago, so...that's all I'd want to watch. If it weren't for me one day deciding "well I'm gonna watch Love Live even if it looks like trash" just for the sake of it, I wouldn't have been as easygoing about anime. If it weren't for me one day deciding "well I'm gonna watch One Punch Man even if it looks like trash" just for the sake of watching it, I wouldn't have found out not only how fun action anime can be, but that jumping into any random anime might be a blast. If it weren't for me one day deciding "well I'm gonna watch Hunter x Hunter 'cause it has a high rating on MyAnimeList" just for the sake of it being popular here, I wouldn't have been watching anime much as I do now.

tl;dr Stop limiting yourself under criteria and just watch any random anime you find, even if you don't "feel like it".
hahaha okay XD to be honest I was asking for recommendations haha I think I may have wrongly titled the topic hahah.. anyway thank you for all the recommendations and tips XD

Set By KawazoeKumiko

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Recommend me an anime based on my favorites!

iamnottesslol - Apr 21

11 by windyshadow »»
2 hours ago

» Anime recommendations please

MeZaDefined - Yesterday

1 by Zarutaku »»
3 hours ago

» Anime that have all female guilds/clubs/groups/living places, etc

GakutoDeathGlare - Yesterday

6 by Zarutaku »»
5 hours ago

» Similar animes to Tengoku Daimakyou ( 1 2 )

Salvaged - Apr 21

71 by rikkaheh »»
9 hours ago

» Watched one episode but forgot the name

Snailsoup - Yesterday

2 by Snailsoup »»
Yesterday, 8:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.