Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kokkoku: Moment by Moment
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 18, 2018 8:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, I feel like Shouko is becoming more of a valuable ally for Juri and the others now. Makoto also had a heartwarming moment with Juri this episode. I'm really glad to see the kid being acknowledged by others.

Not bad for a development episode. It sets up events for the finale which I hope will be memorable.

That baby :o
Mar 18, 2018 9:40 AM

Apr 2010
So that guy is even reborn now, some people just don't want to die.
Anyway it looks like things aren't completely solved yet but the question is how will the go back to running time.
Mar 18, 2018 10:08 AM
Sep 2015
That's unexpected outcome but I think it's kinda beautiful at the same time. One episode to go
Mar 18, 2018 10:13 AM

Jan 2012
Well uh....so Sagawa went from a mummy to a brain with eyes and lungs to a baby all in one episode....wasn't expecting that. XD I'm not sure what I was supposed to feel from his backstory, it all felt kinda tacked on this late in the game. Even Juri's ability to relate to it seemed like a bit of a stretch. But that aside the dad, after losing some fingers, and Makoto were put back in stasis and the bodies were buried. Feels like we're wrapping things up here. Assuming next week is the finale only one real question remains: How will Juri get home with the others? Assuming she will at all I guess. This series has been...quite the interesting ride. XD
Mar 18, 2018 10:17 AM

Mar 2013
juri earned a new nephew in the end (or should I say son?)
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Mar 18, 2018 10:44 AM
Oct 2017
since they drew a baby penis, would this count as a hentai?
Mar 18, 2018 11:02 AM
Jun 2017
Sagawa reborn into a baby?!!!! Hahaha...

What could happen in the next episode? Will it be the last one... hahaha
Mar 18, 2018 11:30 AM

Sep 2013
it's too late for them to go back on their conviction, sagawa get rekt and goes into cocoon thread mode to be reborn as a baby, he didn't get the comfy life he wanted :'(
Mar 18, 2018 11:33 AM

Jul 2014
So, all of that for Sagawa to reset himself into a baby? Well, that was kinda pointless, and I don't see how they're gonna have enough to fill in another episode at this stage.
Mar 18, 2018 12:23 PM

May 2015
I don't know what is even happening anymore.
Mar 18, 2018 12:52 PM
Mar 2016
Can we safely assume that this is a 12episode show now, or will the value stay at /? forever?
Mar 18, 2018 2:07 PM

Feb 2015
This got kinda weird, wonder what the last episode will be like.
Mar 18, 2018 2:38 PM

Jun 2014
Not really sure what to make of this episode tbh.....assuming next episode is the last, I wonder how this will wrap up.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 18, 2018 3:26 PM

Sep 2016
Sagawa's VA was in Pop team epic yesterday lol
The Anime Binge Is Life

-PolarCyrus97 2k17-
Mar 18, 2018 3:46 PM
Apr 2016
None of them could redo things... but Sagawa decided to turn it off and restart to fix things up. This is honestly genius how the things are getting wrapped up. Sagawa is as much a villain as he is a victim, so when he is "reborn" as a child, because he wanted to be happy outside the morally corrupted circle he was born into... Can he be blamed? Can the child be blamed for the despair Sagawa thrust himself into? I do not believe so. He is actually going to start anew, even though this was obviously not planned. He had two extremes - become a demigod of sorts, or restart himself from the beginning.
This is an extremely rare case of not redemption of villain, but of, de facto, salvation from the torment. Considering how nonsensual everything was up until now, it is still great.
What I perceive to be the case later is Grandfather forcing Juri out of stasis, remaining there forever or in a somewhat more plausible case dying after doing so, for them to properly bury him in the epilogue. We might get time-skip with Sagawa showing up as old as Makoto is now and probably having something to do with Shiomi.
Re:formed
Mar 18, 2018 4:51 PM

Feb 2012
Juri's dad just running in and stabbing Sagawa gave me a laugh. Weird ending with Sagawa turning into a baby. I guess they are going to spare him now? Idk how I feel about that we'll see what happens next episode.
Mar 18, 2018 5:24 PM

Sep 2015
And then we have a flying brain, who turns into a metapod. How we gonna catch that now? They dont have any flying or fire pokemon!

Luckily we still have one last rock type and now we just need to wait to that Patamon to grow up from that Digi-Egg and evolve into Angemon again, also then we can have Sagawa and Juri to get married, and give the happy ending WE DESERVE!

AOTY open-and-shut guys.
Mar 18, 2018 5:30 PM

Jun 2015
The brain flying around was amusing. I was not expecting Sagawa to be reborn into a baby. I'm curious how this is going to end.
Mar 18, 2018 8:42 PM

Jun 2013
Ohhh shiiiiit. O__O

Boy, how is this one gonna end?
Mar 18, 2018 8:58 PM

Dec 2016
Lol such a bizarre episode. I like it.

Juri is so op, she's like the counter to everything lol I wonder what gonna happen to her, pretty sure they will find a way to take her out
Mar 18, 2018 11:36 PM

Oct 2013
Sagawa said... "was i born into a different family, I could have been a happy man instead of a philosopher obsessed with a time-stopping stone"

well....he made himself a baby again. I think he was trying to regenerate his adult body, but Juri interrupted it on the early stages.

Now they could adopt him....

or just abandon him in a hospital.

the question is...how will Juri come back from the stasis?
I hope she finds the exit door.
Mar 19, 2018 12:30 AM

Jul 2016
SO will Sagawa baby have all of adult Sagawa memories?

That was not what I was expecting at all this episode.
Mar 19, 2018 1:02 AM

Jul 2015
So Juri got a baby.

But what was Juri doing to Majima when she(Majima) was lying n a stretcher?

Mar 19, 2018 3:16 AM

May 2017
bitchassdarius said:
since they drew a baby penis, would this count as a hentai?

The biggest question is will he have to get circumcised again if he was before? Lmao

LeSponge said:
Sagawa reborn into a baby?!!!! Hahaha...

What could happen in the next episode? Will it be the last one... hahaha

Obviously, Juri will eject all of them from stasis while Juri and his grandpa will stay and dispelled the spell after everyone gets out except the two

@-Trippwire-

Well that's their plan

LiquidGold said:
Juri's dad just running in and stabbing Sagawa gave me a laugh. Weird ending with Sagawa turning into a baby. I guess they are going to spare him now? Idk how I feel about that we'll see what happens next episode.

Yeah that was hilarious and badass at the same time, even his dad admired his form while doing the deed lol

Rudan said:
Lol such a bizarre episode. I like it.

Juri is so op, she's like the counter to everything lol I wonder what gonna happen to her, pretty sure they will find a way to take her out

Ikr, her ability so vital in almost everything about the stasis

Zahylon said:

the question is...how will Juri come back from the stasis?
I hope she finds the exit door.

She won't be, his grandpa will stay too, well that's their plan, I hope Juri managed to trick his stubborn grandpa or at least convinced him to leave too coz he's just being annoying at this point, Juri made the decision and he should just respect her decision. I hope Juri stays there tho I just hate plot armor I don't hate her, it'd be a good ending if she stays there and become a god, a happy ending will just ruin the already shitty writing
LairucremMar 19, 2018 3:21 AM
Mar 19, 2018 5:27 AM

Aug 2017
LMAO the dad's scene stabbing Sagawa! He reborn into a baby was a interesting plot twist, but is still out of place. -.- 2/5
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 19, 2018 6:14 AM

Jun 2013
he's a baby now wtf?!
Mar 19, 2018 8:18 AM

Mar 2018
Man this show is so wacky, I love it.

You know, Sagawa becoming a baby is one way for him to "see the future"...

TsundeReaper said:

She won't be, his grandpa will stay too, well that's their plan, I hope Juri managed to trick his stubborn grandpa or at least convinced him to leave too coz he's just being annoying at this point, Juri made the decision and he should just respect her decision. I hope Juri stays there tho I just hate plot armor I don't hate her, it'd be a good ending if she stays there and become a god, a happy ending will just ruin the already shitty writing

I don't understand why you think she should send gramps back. Who wants to spend their life alone? I'd rather have someone around, even if they're kind of annoying. And really, Grandpa is the second best member of the whole family. :-P

Also @Axelucard your sig is awesome ;-)
♫ やっと見つけた織姫様 だけどどこだろう彦星様
これじゃひとりぼっち ♫

"Just like my arms... can never be soft and warm, like yours are"
Mar 19, 2018 9:44 AM

Oct 2010
the plot starting to decline since episode 10 to be honest.Despite all the hype since episode 8,this series ends up disappointing me.
Signature Removed
Mar 19, 2018 10:27 AM
Aug 2010
Sagawa goes from being a confident kid, to being a wuss when he's older when he gets punked by his friend who wants money and women, to being confident again as a full adult... yeah okay.

Black hair chick was in stasis one time as a kid and all of the sudden she's an expert of all things stasis related... yeah okay.

The dad cuts his fingers off when taking a swipe with a LONG fake sword... yeah okay.

Like seriously, just think about doing something like that for a moment. He took a slash with a sword at a stationary object. How do you make contact with the "spider strings" when you have a freaking sword? If the author wanted to have the father expelled from stasis and become a frozen person, there could have been a smarter way to do it.

Out of no where and for no reason, Juri realizes that she can destroy the strings that cut her father's fingers off by touching them which is insane risky and stupid to just try impulsively like how the anime presents it.

She's now a magician and can conjure up ladders to help her get to higher places so she can use her magical expelling powers to touch floating crystals.

Juri gets a bunch of Sagawa gunk sprayed on her face and she has absolutely no reaction... lol

6/10 anime at best. Give it a 7/10 if you want to give the show a point for just how different it is from any of the other generic anime out there. I'm gonna finish this out since there isn't too much else this season out that was worth watching, but I can't imagine I'd ever want to rewatch this series in the future.
Mar 19, 2018 10:55 AM
Oct 2007
Daniel_Naumov said:
None of them could redo things... but Sagawa decided to turn it off and restart to fix things up. This is honestly genius how the things are getting wrapped up. Sagawa is as much a villain as he is a victim, so when he is "reborn" as a child, because he wanted to be happy outside the morally corrupted circle he was born into... Can he be blamed? Can the child be blamed for the despair Sagawa thrust himself into? I do not believe so. He is actually going to start anew, even though this was obviously not planned. He had two extremes - become a demigod of sorts, or restart himself from the beginning.
This is an extremely rare case of not redemption of villain, but of, de facto, salvation from the torment. Considering how nonsensual everything was up until now, it is still great.
What I perceive to be the case later is Grandfather forcing Juri out of stasis, remaining there forever or in a somewhat more plausible case dying after doing so, for them to properly bury him in the epilogue. We might get time-skip with Sagawa showing up as old as Makoto is now and probably having something to do with Shiomi.

What a ride indeed!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 19, 2018 12:55 PM

Oct 2017
BlackstarFallen said:
The brain flying around was amusing. I was not expecting Sagawa to be reborn into a baby. I'm curious how this is going to end.

"Which way did the brain go?!" The ridiculousness of that question made me laugh. XD
Mar 19, 2018 2:39 PM

Jan 2014
Vivekananda said:
So Juri got a baby.

But what was Juri doing to Majima when she(Majima) was lying n a stretcher?

I am quite certain that she was just treating her dislocated shoulder :)
Mar 19, 2018 3:09 PM

Nov 2012
So it would seem in one small smart, Sagawa might get what he wanted. Not only a better family, but an extension of his life span, he'll see a future he'd never see otherwise, even if just a small few years.
Jaywalker.
Mar 19, 2018 3:32 PM
Apr 2016
Epicenter said:
So it would seem in one small smart, Sagawa might get what he wanted. Not only a better family, but an extension of his life span, he'll see a future he'd never see otherwise, even if just a small few years.

The thing is while it is Sagawa in essence, it is not Sagawa in fact. He would not even understand that he got what he wanted someday in the past. There won't be a traumatic corrupted upbringing, and religious occultism anymore. He did not "win", but he did not lose either. And that is what matters.
Mar 19, 2018 3:34 PM

Nov 2012
Daniel_Naumov said:
Epicenter said:

The thing is while it is Sagawa in essence, it is not Sagawa in fact. He would not even understand that he got what he wanted someday in the past. There won't be a traumatic corrupted upbringing, and religious occultism anymore. He did not "win", but he did not lose either. And that is what matters.

I'm not sure if we know that yet or not.
Jaywalker.
Mar 19, 2018 4:23 PM

Jan 2013
This show got so fucking random I don't even know what to think about it anymore. I guess I'm glad the next episode will be the last one.
Mar 19, 2018 8:55 PM

Nov 2013
It's incredible how random the series is, but still somehow manages to be slow and boring
DannyTheDonkeyMar 20, 2018 3:24 AM
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Mar 19, 2018 9:45 PM

Feb 2016
This went full retarded pretty quickly. I got it now, this is a comedy right?
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Mar 19, 2018 9:48 PM

Feb 2016
eedaesung said:
Sagawa goes from being a confident kid, to being a wuss when he's older when he gets punked by his friend who wants money and women, to being confident again as a full adult... yeah okay.

Black hair chick was in stasis one time as a kid and all of the sudden she's an expert of all things stasis related... yeah okay.

The dad cuts his fingers off when taking a swipe with a LONG fake sword... yeah okay.

Like seriously, just think about doing something like that for a moment. He took a slash with a sword at a stationary object. How do you make contact with the "spider strings" when you have a freaking sword? If the author wanted to have the father expelled from stasis and become a frozen person, there could have been a smarter way to do it.

Out of no where and for no reason, Juri realizes that she can destroy the strings that cut her father's fingers off by touching them which is insane risky and stupid to just try impulsively like how the anime presents it.

She's now a magician and can conjure up ladders to help her get to higher places so she can use her magical expelling powers to touch floating crystals.

Juri gets a bunch of Sagawa gunk sprayed on her face and she has absolutely no reaction... lol

6/10 anime at best. Give it a 7/10 if you want to give the show a point for just how different it is from any of the other generic anime out there. I'm gonna finish this out since there isn't too much else this season out that was worth watching, but I can't imagine I'd ever want to rewatch this series in the future.

The amount of bullshit this show throws at our faces is ridiculous. Everything went full retarded out of nowhere. 6/10 is quite generous honestly lol
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Mar 20, 2018 3:00 AM

Aug 2017
eedaesung said:

My score is 3/10. I can't give more. Funny that the comedy and the episodes of Shouko were the only good things here. Everything else was random, asspulls, deus ex machina and plot armor.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 20, 2018 3:06 AM

Aug 2014
I feel like a had a pretty good grasp on what was happening in the story but now I'm not sure if I understand the time stop mechanics. If I recall Sagawa's whole thing is that he wanted to live longer than anyone to see the future but the time stop seems like a simple time freeze with no alt. universe shenanigans. Is he able to somehow to hop through time once he becomes a Herald or what?
Mar 20, 2018 3:30 AM

Aug 2014
eedaesung said:

Sagawa wasn't a confident kid, he was a normal kid then he saw a man he looked up to as if he was a pillar propping up his world crumble when he caught him with his friend's mom. 5 years later and he forced into a position he doesn't want and it's ready for but in his outburst he found out about the time stone and after much research and manipulation he became a callous person who only cared about his goal

Majima is not an expert but he she saw a lot in the stasis and her knowledge from love society helped to understand what she saw in most likelihood + reached the woke form like Juri.

His fingers get cut off by Sagawa's thread, I don't even understand how is this a complaint, take a knife or a pencil or anything like that and try to swing it, nothing protects your fingers from getting cut off. The threads have been established as being incredibly hard to see so just cause he took a swipe at some of them doesn't mean that weren't other that cut his finger. Other people almost get cut later in the show cause it was nigh on impossible to see the threads.

She doesn't do it out of nowhere. Shiomi makes a speculation and asks Juri to help him figure it out. She can see the stasis jellyfish things in her woke state so she saw that she was able to expel them.

Again trying hard to nitpick. Did you expect the director to make a detour dedicated to Juri finding a ladder?

She didn't get sprayed by it, it stopped mid-air like any other liquid in stasis.
Mar 20, 2018 5:57 AM

May 2017
shazbotian said:
Man this show is so wacky, I love it.

You know, Sagawa becoming a baby is one way for him to "see the future"...

TsundeReaper said:

I don't understand why you think she should send gramps back. Who wants to spend their life alone? I'd rather have someone around, even if they're kind of annoying. And really, Grandpa is the second best member of the whole family. :-P

Also @Axelucard your sig is awesome ;-)

Obviously, no one, we're way past that. Destroying the stone was justified, it can't be helped. So you want her family to lose 2 family members instead of 1? Are you for real?
Mar 20, 2018 6:38 AM

Oct 2008
So there's no salvation only for Juri?! damn! this is harsh!
Damn! Takafumi is a natural killer! didn't even hesitate stabbing Sagawa with a fake katana!
Segawa is really persistent! That cocoon is like alien design!
Takafumi was expelled also...damn his fingers go bye bye!
wow! Majima has some nice abs! sexy!
Makoto was expelled peacefully also.
Shiomi is like their strategist! he remains composed and using is mind to it's fullest!
Juri saw a glimpse of Sagawa's past memories, i felt she'll have a change of heart but no way in hell!
what a baby Sagawa!?!?
4/5.

Mar 20, 2018 7:08 AM

Apr 2016
Lol now we know how Takafumi summon hearld or whatever they called.
The ending was amazing of this episode
BRAWLERS
Mar 20, 2018 10:32 AM

Oct 2013
holy shit wtf this anime is fucking bonkers. This last act is giving me NGE vibes.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Mar 20, 2018 2:19 PM
Apr 2016
Epicenter said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

I'm not sure if we know that yet or not.

That is assuming the child is the same biological system Sagawa was when he was born, of course. But why would it be otherwise?
Gundroog said:
I feel like a had a pretty good grasp on what was happening in the story but now I'm not sure if I understand the time stop mechanics. If I recall Sagawa's whole thing is that he wanted to live longer than anyone to see the future but the time stop seems like a simple time freeze with no alt. universe shenanigans. Is he able to somehow to hop through time once he becomes a Herald or what?

The Stasis is not in fact a stasis but a dimension in which the time is so much slowed it appears that the Stalled are frozen, while in fact it is them in the stasis moving too fast. As such, Sagawa theorized that it is also possible, through the control of the jellyfishes (because a person who was first recorded experimenting in Stasis did so between the 13th century and up to 17th century, which means he either became immortal or was jumping between the ages). And so he wanted to get rid of everyone else to have all the time he needs to accustom himself to the Stasis and find out how to make the jellyfishes do fastforward.
Mar 20, 2018 5:40 PM

Aug 2014
Daniel_Naumov said:

The Stasis is not in fact a stasis but a dimension in which the time is so much slowed it appears that the Stalled are frozen, while in fact it is them in the stasis moving too fast. As such, Sagawa theorized that it is also possible, through the control of the jellyfishes (because a person who was first recorded experimenting in Stasis did so between the 13th century and up to 17th century, which means he either became immortal or was jumping between the ages). And so he wanted to get rid of everyone else to have all the time he needs to accustom himself to the Stasis and find out how to make the jellyfishes do fastforward.

Thank you, this was honestly the only part that really bothered me but it makes sense.
Mar 21, 2018 6:55 AM

Nov 2016
Lol,Doffy Sagawa and his birdcage.

But I'm honestly glad that he got reborn with a chance at a new start.

Looking forward to the last episode,how they're making it back and hope for a happy end.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 21, 2018 8:49 AM

Oct 2009
i can't stop laughing. baby Sagawa lmao. now they will take care of him and raise him for a good man awwww lol

you tellin me mangas aint japanese colouring books
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kokkoku Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2018

141 by fathandz »»
Nov 20, 2023 12:49 AM

Poll: » Kokkoku Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2018

53 by fathandz »»
Nov 17, 2023 11:48 PM

Poll: » Kokkoku Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2018

60 by fathandz »»
Nov 15, 2023 3:47 AM

Poll: » Kokkoku Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2018

43 by fathandz »»
Nov 12, 2023 9:51 PM

Poll: » Kokkoku Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2018

50 by fathandz »»
Nov 11, 2023 8:44 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.