Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Mar 18, 2018 2:44 AM
May 2013
One of the best episodes of any anime i've ever seen. Just incredible
Mar 18, 2018 2:48 AM
Oct 2015
Aside from the Nakama power I really enjoyed this episode especially with all those amazing art scenes along with those neat animations.
I was expecting Frieza to go one-on-one against a heavily injured Jiren but looks like Andriod 17 was able to survive... somehow.
Anyway the title of the next episode in the preview made me rather sad, but on the bright side, the manga is looking pretty good.
Heckle was here...
Mar 18, 2018 2:52 AM

Sep 2014
Glenfinnan said:
Comander-07 said:

Was honestly expecting it to end here and next ep to be like the BBQ episode after the boo fight.

This! Every DB installment before concluded the last battle in an episode that is not the very last one, leaving room for a proper deneouement and/or a final chapter reserved for celebrating or saying goodbye... I really wanted this to be the way again...
maybe that is what the movie will start with.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Mar 18, 2018 2:55 AM

Oct 2016
Vongalaxy said:
How are you guys seriously liking this episode? The power of friendship thing is so cliche and boring. How exactly the fuck is Goku still powering up and "keep getting faster"? This arc has the most amount of asspulls in the whole series and that's saying a lot. There are some cool scenes with actual good drawings but generally the art style is inconsistent af. Lots of gifs and ugly explosions. The worst part still has to be 17 coming back for no fucking reason. It completely ruined his sacrifice and makes no sense. I honestly don't know how you guys can still defend this. How much of your brain do you have to turn off while watching to not question dumb shit like that?

If you want explanations then I can only tell you that back in ep 110 it was stated that as the fight progresses UI Goku was getting faster and stronger with each attack.
The episode was really good, you can also just say that 17 thought he was going to die but he didnt, I dont know if he tried to use the bomb he had inside which was removed in Z to explode, failed to explode and was pushed far away with jiren energy and since he didnt die he just hid until the right moment so they can have the secret number advantage.
Mar 18, 2018 3:04 AM

Jan 2016
Somehow 17 and Frieza survived all of that clashing, but nevermind, since I like them. I really enjoyed Jiren getting the shit kicked out of him. Also watch the fight in 1.5x speed, it looks incredible.
Mar 18, 2018 3:11 AM

Dec 2015
One more episode to go, I wonder what kind of crap they're gonna pull next.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Mar 18, 2018 3:19 AM

May 2017
Wow impressive episode the first 2 minutes or so were absolutely nuts.
So many great scenes in this episode.

My father naotoshi shida back in action not with the best cut hes ever made but god damn those 2 stills are absolutely mindblowing

Mar 18, 2018 3:41 AM

Aug 2012
Shida is a god for that last animated action piece
Mar 18, 2018 3:41 AM
Mar 2018
Ok, so how the fucking hell doesn't Jiren get disqualified from attacking the audience? Come on that pissed me off so much. I mean I def. wouldn't want goku to win that way but still. Also, I agree there dragging it out even though this was one of my fav. episodes. Like jiren is done, goku spanked his mom up and down the block in the end.. I understand surpassing god forms takes a toll on mortal bodies but jiren should of got that last ka blast to his face and fell off. I would love for goku to talk shit to him too afterwards but thats just not goku. Anyways I love this show and I love you all
Mar 18, 2018 3:56 AM

Jun 2015
joe_g7 said:
One more episode to go, I wonder what kind of crap they're gonna pull next.

Lmao, waiting for the same thing xD
Mar 18, 2018 4:24 AM

Apr 2017
Jiren...a being that was staring people to death at the beginning of the tournament, now 48 minutes in has been utterly overpowered and defeated. The only thing that save him was Goku couldn't asspull himself a bit longer. Frieza is still around and 17 is alive, both laying somewhere under rubble...how the fuck? Goku and Jiren were destroying the stage and they just happen not to become a casualty of it? The convenient writing is trash at best.

What a fucking trash show and anyone defending this should cut their nuts off to prevent their genes from spreading.
Mar 18, 2018 4:27 AM

Feb 2013
I thought he would give Jiren some of his power and continue the fight.
Lol, it will be funny if Frieza saves the day.
Mar 18, 2018 4:45 AM

Nov 2016
SteelingMax said:
Even though Naotoshi Shida is a fucking great animator and he does very detailed art on pretty well animated cuts, he sometimes makes his animation to look too fast, half of the time i don't even know what's happening, Naoki Tate for me, is the star of this episode, his impact shots are always awesome, this is his best work on Super, number#2 would be the Goku/#17 fight then #3 would be Gohan and Piccolo's fight against the U6 Namekians(plus the Gohan vs the mirage guy).

This episode is a 3/5

PS: I hate the plasma aura from the God level characters, it makes great looking animation look ugly and hides a lot of detail.

-------------------------------------- ---------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------

Edit 1: Oops, forgot Tate's work on episode 110, the first person to do UI Goku, and his animation for the form is being basically copied by the other animators.

Edit 2: I take that back, i watched the Naotoshi Shida cuts from this episode again, but now at .25 speed, yeah, he is amazing, i hadn't even noticed how Goku uses ki balls to evade from Jiren's beams and also to propel him up while dodging(because they can't fly), Shida is the MVP of this episode, sorry Tate.

Where do you find such detailed information about who animated which parts of the episode?
Mar 18, 2018 4:50 AM

Oct 2015
harshtruth said:

What a fucking trash show and anyone defending this should cut their nuts off to prevent their genes from spreading.

Don't watch then.

----

When the episode is so amazing, that even all the spoilers are getting leaked are fake to make it amazing for everyone!

What the spoiler was about: "Son Goku gets knocked out, and it's Frieza vs Jiren".
Instead we are also getting No.17? Seriously?? I don't think many people were expecting that. Also, that "strain of god power" wasn't hinted anywhere.

Also, I don't know how many people noticed it, but Goku was going to give power to Jiren, so they can keep fighting, and Goku could teach him a lesson I guess.

I will surely have to rewatch this episode, it was really intense, and the animation was great. In the first few episodes of the series, it had trash animation. By now, some shots are easily 2018 top-notch, and "background-worthy".

I'm so looking forward to the last episode. My only problem, is that when the last episode is airing, I'm not going to be able to watch it right away, but it'll be amazing once I can, I'm sure.
Slim_LamieMar 18, 2018 4:57 AM
Mar 18, 2018 5:06 AM

Oct 2016
harshtruth said:
Jiren...a being that was staring people to death at the beginning of the tournament, now 48 minutes in has been utterly overpowered and defeated. The only thing that save him was Goku couldn't asspull himself a bit longer. Frieza is still around and 17 is alive, both laying somewhere under rubble...how the fuck? Goku and Jiren were destroying the stage and they just happen not to become a casualty of it? The convenient writing is trash at best.

Then thats alot of nuts that need to be Cut, just enjoy the biggest anime, you always seem to get angry so easy with the asspulls that probably have some sort of explanation, not all of them tho.
Mar 18, 2018 5:07 AM

Feb 2015
This was definitely one of the most visually impressive episodes in all of Dragon Ball history. If only they could've had even a sliver of this level of quality from the beginning of the Super series, that would've ben sweet.

Of course 17 had to come back. I knew it'd happen because the writers of Super love him too much, but I didn't want to believe it would. That's probably the only part that put a blackmark against this episode for me, because I'm sick of seeing 17 steal the spotlight over so many other character who deserve it much more (Tien, Piccolo).
That aside, watching Frieza and 17 tag up against Jiren next episode looks like it could be pretty interesting, and I wonder how they're going to conclude the series with just 1 episode left and not having ended the tournament yet.
Mar 18, 2018 5:09 AM

Aug 2014
Wow, fuck you Dragon Ball Super, just that...

I mean everybody and their mothers saw it coming, but they just doubled down so awfully, it's hilarious xD

I don't even have anything else to say. The fight was bland and Jiren still sucks.
Mar 18, 2018 5:15 AM

May 2017
Raichi_ said:
SteelingMax said:
Even though Naotoshi Shida is a fucking great animator and he does very detailed art on pretty well animated cuts, he sometimes makes his animation to look too fast, half of the time i don't even know what's happening, Naoki Tate for me, is the star of this episode, his impact shots are always awesome, this is his best work on Super, number#2 would be the Goku/#17 fight then #3 would be Gohan and Piccolo's fight against the U6 Namekians(plus the Gohan vs the mirage guy).

This episode is a 3/5

PS: I hate the plasma aura from the God level characters, it makes great looking animation look ugly and hides a lot of detail.

-------------------------------------- ---------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------

Edit 1: Oops, forgot Tate's work on episode 110, the first person to do UI Goku, and his animation for the form is being basically copied by the other animators.

Edit 2: I take that back, i watched the Naotoshi Shida cuts from this episode again, but now at .25 speed, yeah, he is amazing, i hadn't even noticed how Goku uses ki balls to evade from Jiren's beams and also to propel him up while dodging(because they can't fly), Shida is the MVP of this episode, sorry Tate.

Where do you find such detailed information about who animated which parts of the episode?

first of all they are listed in the credits, second of all if you know their animation styles you can easily tell when they show up in an episode
Mar 18, 2018 5:17 AM

Sep 2007
After 130 episodes, some continu to complain.
Damn masochist, they love that !

Anyways, the fight was good, the graphics were near the best of DBS ...
But the last min, like we didn't knew. XD
Mar 18, 2018 5:49 AM

Jun 2010
Well worth the two week wait!

The whole fight was all sorts of awesome and probably the craziest I've ever seen in a Dragon Ball fight. Epic stuff!

The biggest surprise to me was when Master UI was shown to have a bad side effect. Dammit! I really felt this episode Goku will finally have the win in the bag but nope! Also seeing Freeza alive was unsurprising (we were all waiting for him lol)... but seeing 17 alive was the other big unexpected event. The dude just can't die..

Anyways looking forward to the finale!

Mar 18, 2018 5:56 AM

Jun 2010
OneNaughtyBear said:

I can’t be the only one who thought this scene was the Frieza betrayal theories coming true

I think it was drawn in a way to make everyone think Freeza shot him in the back lol. Had me fooled too.

Mar 18, 2018 6:04 AM
Dec 2017
JDS_Mirai said:
OneNaughtyBear said:

I can’t be the only one who thought this scene was the Frieza betrayal theories coming true

I think it was drawn in a way to make everyone think Freeza shot him in the back lol. Had me fooled too.

but the dark energy that flows around after looks like god of destruction energy
Mar 18, 2018 6:15 AM
Nov 2014
I'm not the biggest fan of dragon ball super but that fight was fucking sick.
Mar 18, 2018 6:44 AM
Sep 2017
I think Goku's body and mind will be overwhelmed, and he'll become evil and fight against 17 and Frieza
Mar 18, 2018 7:20 AM

Mar 2016
This episode was insane! Hands down the best-looking episode in Dragon Ball history!

Naoki Tate, Naotoshi Shida, Futoshi Higashide, Shuuichiro Manabe and every other amazing animator brought their best work ever to this episode!
Katsuo_Mar 18, 2018 7:34 AM

Mar 18, 2018 7:35 AM
Sep 2015
Great Animation Quality in this episode. Who would have thought 17 and freeza are still alive. I wonder how they were alive with all that blasts going on, lol. Looking forward for the next episode...
Mar 18, 2018 8:15 AM
Jun 2017
Everything was going well till plot point kicked in. And 17's still alive? Way to cheapen an epic death.
Mar 18, 2018 8:30 AM

Apr 2012
Goku wasted a lot of stamina before he mastered the ultra instinct, I believe Goku would win in a rematch.
Mar 18, 2018 9:21 AM
Feb 2018
There was no need of saving Goku and bringing Android 17
Mar 18, 2018 10:06 AM

May 2013
Congrats DBS you are now officially worse than Dragon Ball Evolution.
Mar 18, 2018 10:11 AM

Oct 2017
Surprised to see 17 still alive. Loved the MUI Goku vs Jiren.
Mar 18, 2018 10:56 AM
Nov 2017
ShiroiRyu said:

Haha my thoughts exactly
Mar 18, 2018 11:21 AM
Dec 2014
I hated this episodes for many reasons
1-Jiren is too overpower he don't even have stamina problema.
2-17 is not dead without any explanation
3-Too much special effects it's was difficult to focus on the fights.
Mar 18, 2018 11:37 AM
Mar 2015
with such stuff I expected nothing less then a 20minutes of movie quality

Naoki Tate
Shuuichiro Manabe
Naotoshi Shida
Futoshi Higashide
Atsushi Nikaido
Tu Yong-ce
Kenji Miuma
Ken Otsuka

This was the best episode of history of Dragon Ball. And the most beautiful. Just watched it through with mouth open wide as Manabe's in his episodes. speechless.
Mar 18, 2018 11:40 AM

Apr 2012
Aoiyasha said:
While the animation and music was good, this "Nakama" power shit feels fake. That's not Goku. When he said "this is OUR power" I felt sick.

What made Goku different from other typical shounen MCs is that while he cares for his friends and family, he is pretty selfish and wants to be the strongest just because he wants to be. Not to protect his nakama and all the other typical stuff shounen MCs spew. For me, this isn't the Goku that Akira wrote and envisioned. I think the writers messed up Goku's character.

Am I the only one that feels this way?
I don't know what the heck you're trying to point out when you take that stand. Gokou uses the Spirit Bomb(Genki Dama) he literally calls out to his friends for support and uses their power to defeat an opponent so he isn't exactly about doing it for just himself. If you think it's all about Gokou striving to get stronger then why would he fuse with Vegita then? Gokou has his motivations but he isn't a complete fool to not rely or defend his friends.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Mar 18, 2018 12:07 PM

Dec 2012
I loved the last few minutes more than the fight.
Mar 18, 2018 12:08 PM

Feb 2017
Whenever Shida animates, its always good.

I wonder how they're going to end the ToP.
Mankind knew that they cannot change society. So instead of reflecting on themselves, they blamed the beasts.
Mar 18, 2018 12:27 PM

Feb 2015
Raichi_ said:
SteelingMax said:

This episode is a 3/5

I don't, i go by the art and animation style, in this episode it's really easy to spot Naoki Tate and Naotoshi Shida because they have very distinct styles, in both art and animation, some of the other guys i could spot on this episode were Futoshi Hagashide, Shuuichiro Manabe and Tu Yong-ce, but it's really hard sometimes because they were heavily corrected by Yamamuro in the Goku shots and it's also a bit harder to know who's animating based only on Jiren.

on youtube, there is a guy who does breakdowns of Dragon Ball Super's episode animation, AnimeAjay, it's easy to find, he's really good.
SteelingMaxMar 18, 2018 3:50 PM

Mar 18, 2018 12:35 PM

Jan 2009
SteelingMax said:
Raichi_ said:

I don't, i go by the art and animation style, in this episode it's really easy to spot Naoki Tate and Naotoshi Shida because they have very distinct styles, in both art and animation, some of the other guys i could spot on this episode were Futoshi Hagashide, Shuuichiro Manabe and Tu Yong-ce, but it's really hard sometimes because they were heavily corrected by Yamamuro in the Goku shots and it's also a bit harder to know who's animating based onlt on Jiren.

on youtube, there is a guy who does breakdowns of Dragon Ball Super's episode animation, AnimeAjay, it's easy to find.

yep its easy to recognize Naoki Tate and Naotoshi Shida
Tate animated the first battle scene while Shida animated the last battle scene in this episode
i also follow the sakuga breakdowns of AnimeAjay on youtube
Mar 18, 2018 12:44 PM

Apr 2012
Aradhya_Trivedi said:
ShiroiRyu said:

Haha my thoughts exactly
Me too, why continue something you find disappointing or awful? Would you continue going to the same restaurant when you know the food is bad and the service is awful? Those who say "yes" to this are people who have nothing better to do and spead negativity while enjoying the attention. A hipster troll.
Janethan23Mar 18, 2018 12:49 PM
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Mar 18, 2018 1:50 PM

May 2017
Discrimination!
Why didn't zeno gave a penalty to Jiren when he attacked the stage?!
That's favoritism!
Mar 18, 2018 2:35 PM

Mar 2018
This episode had too much testosterone bruh, I'm not man enough for it.

If the series and the movies can continue to give us this kind of quality when it comes to the fights, DB is gonna be a good place for a long time to come.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 18, 2018 2:52 PM

Mar 2016
SteelingMax said:
Raichi_ said:

I don't, i go by the art and animation style, in this episode it's really easy to spot Naoki Tate and Naotoshi Shida because they have very distinct styles, in both art and animation, some of the other guys i could spot on this episode were Futoshi Hagashide, Shuuichiro Manabe and Tu Yong-ce, but it's really hard sometimes because they were heavily corrected by Yamamuro in the Goku shots and it's also a bit harder to know who's animating based onlt on Jiren.

on youtube, there is a guy who does breakdowns of Dragon Ball Super's episode animation, AnimeAjay, it's easy to find.

I don’t think Yamamuro was in this episode. He wasn’t credited either.

Mar 18, 2018 3:54 PM

Nov 2017
The return of Freezer was predictable but the return of C17 totally surprised me (as for a lot of people).
I wonder how's that is going to end this tournament for the ultimate episode.
Mar 18, 2018 4:13 PM

Feb 2015
Katsuo_ said:
SteelingMax said:

I don't, i go by the art and animation style, in this episode it's really easy to spot Naoki Tate and Naotoshi Shida because they have very distinct styles, in both art and animation, some of the other guys i could spot on this episode were Futoshi Higashide, Shuuichiro Manabe and Tu Yong-ce, but it's really hard sometimes because they were heavily corrected by Yamamuro in the Goku shots and it's also a bit harder to know who's animating based onlt on Jiren.

I don’t think Yamamuro was in this episode. He wasn’t credited either.

He wasn't credited as an animator but he is the series animation supervisor and he's credited on every episode, he just has some corrections on the episode, a few of them are from bank animation though, i think he corrected some shots from Atsushi Nikaido and Kenji Miuma, but he mainly corrects the face of Goku on close-ups.

https://hypb.imgix.net/image/2018/03/goku-jiren-dragon-ball-super-spoiler-00.jpg?fit=max&q=90&w=500&h=333&auto=compress%2Cformat

He'll be supervising the next episode, let's see if he'll let Yuya Takahashi do his thing or not, i'd say yes based on the preview.
SteelingMaxMar 18, 2018 7:53 PM

Mar 18, 2018 4:33 PM

May 2015
WHy do they keep 17 alive? :(((( Wait... so 17 shouldn't be particpant, because high priest infrom that he self-destruct, so Zeno should use his godpad to click on his portrait right? His "sacrifice" was pointless in the end.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Mar 18, 2018 5:15 PM

Sep 2016
That last fight scene with angry goku, Naotoshi Shida is a god
The Anime Binge Is Life

-PolarCyrus97 2k17-
Mar 18, 2018 5:47 PM

Apr 2015
Jiren went beast mode this episode 0.o Even tried to kill the spectators. He sure has some big ass balls lol

Looking forward to next episode.
Mar 18, 2018 7:23 PM

Jul 2013
Damn this episode was just overwhelming. The fight between Goku and Jiren got on an level I had never thought I would ever see in Dragonball.

So Jiren got stronger because Goku forced him into an corner and he got reminded why he can't lose this fight. I mean both of them are monster at this point. Their power is beyond the normal fighters you saw in this tourney. I liked that you could see Jiren isn't invincible. Even he was out of breath and couldn't understand how Goku has so much power left and survived his attacks. This maked him at least for me much more likeable as a character as this emotionless guy who's oneshotting everyone.

At that point were Goku was about to beat Jiren I had a feeling something would happen. Goku reached his limit for Ultra Instinct and it looked painful when these violet lightnings were hurting him.

I had to grin when I saw Goku getting shot by a laserbeam and when I saw Freezer I had a big grin in my face. However what I and certainly most people here didn't expect was to see 17 again. I was 100% sure he sacrificed himself to rescue Goku and Vegeta.

And now it's Freezer and 17 vs Jiren? That will be interesting. Can't believe that this will be the last episode fore Super :(

Mar 18, 2018 10:37 PM

Jul 2014
The animation quality was that of a movie... holy shit I jizzed so hard, Shida my man with that long ass amazing cut delivered, thank you so much you beautiful amazing human being! and Higashide with those slick as flip dodges, Nikaido's back flip dodges and amazing background followed by an amazing huge leap flip, Tu Yong Ce's DBZ like fast combo fight.... I can die a happy man now.
The amount of love put into this ep was crazy, it was literally full of amazing cut scenes!

This was the best animated episode DBS has ever did, I never imagined this series giving us this much.

NEP Yuya Takahashi for the final run of DBS TV series... the hype is killing me.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2016

102 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 19, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 66 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 12, 2016

352 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 19, 8:46 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2015

57 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 18, 10:34 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 62 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2016

93 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 18, 10:28 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 60 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2016

98 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 18, 9:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.