Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 17, 2018 3:53 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
All Kero thinks about is food lul

Sakura's outfit this episode is pretty cute even if she's embarrassed to wear it. Not bad for the card capture (Reversal) this episode. I feel like she's improving a lot this season.
Mar 17, 2018 6:04 PM

Sep 2010
Nice, Tomoyo! I'm glad Sakura is starting to think about the similarities between the Clow Cards and the Clear Cards.

Syaoran got introduced to Kaito...and Li is already suspicious about him. XD

After the card was revealed to be 'Reversal', I started thinking about the opening sequence where Sakura is skipping among a field of roses. It was the contrast between the white- and black-colored roses. Is it a reference to the card?

I'm going to miss this pair of opening and ending sequences, but I look forward to seeing how the new opening and ending will turn out. I'm not sure if the opening and ending will change next episode though.

"to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -a magnet
Mar 17, 2018 6:33 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode as always.

Yamazaki and his badminton explanation made me laugh at the end when everyone was surprised it was without a fault. xD

Glad to see Tomoyo throwing out the idea that their might be a similarity between the Clow and Clear cards.

Li's finally introduced to Kaito and he sense magic from him.

Revelations regarding the Will of D in full force now, did not expect it to happen this early in the series, no wonder the World Government tries so hard to hide the truth about the Will of D.
Sakura. D. Kinomoto when? XD

Okay, my nonsense jokes aside. Looks like D is an initial given to highly ranked magic users from England. Eriol is definitely right in suspecting them since they moved into his old house when they could've moved pretty much anywhere else. They also seem to suspect that he uses Moon magic, probably some kind of counterpart to Yue given the symbols on his watch and stuff.

Leave it to Tomoyo to always be prepared to get her recording no matter where she is. xD
The poor Penguin Slide, it always gets the worst of it doesn't it? Reversal card this week. I thought it'd be called strength but I guess since it was only turning things upside down, reversal makes sense.

That Kero laugh when he realized he screwed up the recording was epic. I couldn't stop laughing and god that stare emanating out of the screen made it even more hilarious. Tomoyo is the true last boss. XDD
Mar 17, 2018 8:51 PM

Dec 2016
Yes I noticed early on in this series how similar the Clear Cards names and effects are to the Clow Cards.

With sweets like that no wonder Kero would want to go to school, normally he would be back at the house playing video games.

That definitely was unexpected by Yamazaki.

I had some suspicions about Kaito when he first appeared, once again Syaoran noticed straight away and after what Eriol said we all have every reason to be worried considering all that's gone on already.

Kero did a great job filling in for Tomoyo, he even got the expressions spot on.

That poor penguin park has been a target so many times before, it gets damaged a lot.

Luckily they managed to get out of there without anyone noticing them, that was a tough spot there for a moment.

When they showed the footage of the camera titled I thought for a moment there that little accident might have captured something unexpected but not this time.

Kero didn't stray off topic for once, 1st time Spinel didn't have to scold him.
Mar 17, 2018 8:56 PM

Apr 2016
wow, I can't believe Kaito has the Will of D...
in all seriousness, it was another nice episode, my one issue with the Clear Card arc so far is how much it draws from the original series, I get that the clear cards are supposed to be similar to the original Clow Cards, but I'm still waiting for Clear Card arc to step out of the shadow of the original series and do something truly unique like I know its capable of doing!
Mar 17, 2018 9:47 PM

Jan 2014
I don't know they do crossover like this. I expect Luffy or Ace show up soon. you know, the Will of D Family.

I am confused with what Eriol said.
if sakura has immense magic power, then why she couldn't sense the magic power from Kaito?
why only Shaoran can sense it from him? doesn't it mean Shaoran has an immense magic power more than Sakura?
Mar 17, 2018 10:42 PM

Aug 2012
is the butler related to Monkey D. Luffy? lol

someone else always have what you want, but it usually means nothing to them...
Mar 17, 2018 11:32 PM
Jun 2011
Abyhape said:
I don't know they do crossover like this. I expect Luffy or Ace show up soon. you know, the Will of D Family.

if sakura has immense magic power, then why she couldn't sense the magic power from Kaito?
why only Shaoran can sense it from him? doesn't it mean Shaoran has an immense magic power more than Sakura?
this is becouse kaito have the power of the moon which is syoran and yue have unlike sakura
Mar 18, 2018 12:27 AM

Mar 2013
is he luffy's estranged brother?
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Mar 18, 2018 1:46 AM
Nov 2010
The D. in Kaito's name is a reference to the D. from Fai's name in Tsubasa Chronicles, isn't it? Getting interesting... Also they finally discuss the equivalency between Clow cards and Clear cards in story. Theory: the equivalent cards are also appearing in the same combinations and causing the same havoc, so whatever happening is using Sakura's dream+mind+memories as a conduit, so that's why she's the only one to sense the new cards. Also seems like we are getting closer to a mid-season climax when Akiho visits the underground library in Sakura's house. They keep bringing it up and I feel like Kaito will play a part in that that as well. :D

Also Eriol said "it's all for Sakura and the people important to her." I wonder if it's related to her cameo in Tsubasa Chronicles. Also it's weird/rude how he is available to skype Syaoran at short notice but not even reply Sakura at all :/
RainbowIslandsMar 18, 2018 2:02 AM
Mar 18, 2018 3:42 AM
Oct 2013
I have been suspicious of Akiho-chan and completely disregarded Kaito-san lol didn't realize his resemblance to Yue/Yuki. I have been so suspicious that Akiho may be a competing Master for the cards since she most likely has 2 guardians with her as well (Kaito and the bunny Kero-type guardian). Li is making me nervous lol this definitely isn't good.....
Is this based on a new arc added to the manga!? I might want to jump ahead and read it
Mar 18, 2018 3:44 AM

Oct 2013
loved this episode! the interaction between eriol and shaoran are making things more interesting!
Mar 18, 2018 4:37 AM

Feb 2018
RainbowIslands said:
The D. in Kaito's name is a reference to the D. from Fai's name in Tsubasa Chronicles, isn't it? Getting interesting... Also they finally discuss the equivalency between Clow cards and Clear cards in story. Theory: the equivalent cards are also appearing in the same combinations and causing the same havoc, so whatever happening is using Sakura's dream+mind+memories as a conduit, so that's why she's the only one to sense the new cards. Also seems like we are getting closer to a mid-season climax when Akiho visits the underground library in Sakura's house. They keep bringing it up and I feel like Kaito will play a part in that that as well. :D

Also Eriol said "it's all for Sakura and the people important to her." I wonder if it's related to her cameo in Tsubasa Chronicles. Also it's weird/rude how he is available to skype Syaoran at short notice but not even reply Sakura at all :/

Yep, I've been realizing many Tsubasa Chronicles connections. Of course these could be just Easter Eggs, CLAMP has a long tradition on that...

And FINALLY someone inside the story realized the equivalence between Clear Cards and Clow Cards! That's why Tomoyo-chan is best girl of the series (well on a second thought she isn't, that's Meiling).

This episode was lacking on action, but at least we got some plot progression. One thing I want to note is that until now many if not most of us payed attention to Akiho like if she was the antagonist of this arc and Kaito her guardian. But after Eriol's chat, what if Kaito was the real antagonist?
AbeldeMediciMar 18, 2018 8:16 AM
"The world appears wonderful in the eyes of wonderful people." (Alicia Florence, ARIA)
Mar 18, 2018 5:49 AM

Nov 2007
First Syaoran drawing his sword out from that palm of his hand and now I see them making a connection with Fai D. Don't tell me the they are planning to establish a connection between TRC. Of course, TRC already revealed that all the worlds are connected including our world where this Sakura is living!

It wasn't a stretch to figure out Kaito. but now I think Syaoran will be in some sort of trouble. It was obvious that Kaito realized that Syaoran has picked up the presence of magic in him and that's why he nonchalantly invited him over. He looks to be really powerful. I am assuming he is at the same level of Eriol or probably even more.

Also, I like it how they connected the fact why Akiho is staying in the place where Eriol used to live. That was pretty good to be honest.

I am really digging the story now. It's getting more depth as of late!

Daisuki said:
I'm going to miss this pair of opening and ending sequences, but I look forward to seeing how the new opening and ending will turn out. I'm not sure if the opening and ending will change next episode though.

I will miss the OP more than the ED. Every time the chorus is played I sing ♪Going, ♪Going, ♪Going, ♫Going on!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 18, 2018 11:50 AM

Nov 2011
I can't believe Tomoyo had to point out that the cards are basically the same for Sakura to finally realize that. Seriously, she was supposed to know her cards better.

Syaoran meets Akiho's slave and of course he is suspicious, I mean, look at his face, it screams "guilty even if not guilty".
It's good to see the plot kinda moving, but you know, when it's centered in a conversation about the D I can't help but laugh because apparently I'm a child and I have no shame.
I know he has to keep information from Sakura because "reasons" but the fact that they seemed to have better communication when they didn't like each other wears me out.

Whenever I see something repeating itself I just think "ah, it must be the work of the rewind card", cause seriously, we're gonna put king penguin upside down again? Okay.
It was surprising that people we're actually around this time, maybe till the end of the season Sakura will end up in jail haha.

horitsubastudentMar 18, 2018 11:57 AM
Baby, daijobanai...
Mar 18, 2018 1:09 PM

Jan 2016
"Because "D" will definitely bring forth another storm!" One Piece

Looks like he's related to the D family, lol

Tomoyo's voice at the end was so fkn scary until she turned back to her sweet usual self
Mar 18, 2018 2:52 PM

Apr 2009
It's the same D. as in Fai D. Fluorite.

It's a title inspired by the name of John Dee, a british mage from the middle ages. Just like Clow is inspired by Crowley, another british mage.

Clamp is into British magic.
Mar 18, 2018 5:26 PM
Jun 2017
Clear cards = clow cards GREAT LOGIC right there...hahaha
Mar 18, 2018 7:38 PM

Apr 2009
Aha. So... the plot has shown a bit of a hint of getting serious... at some point. Maybe Kaito and Syaoran would face off at some point? That would be very interesting to see.

Still, a super adorable episode, as always. :]
To be or not to be... that is not the question. ;3
Mar 18, 2018 9:41 PM

May 2017
Looks to me like Akiho was supposed to capture the clear cards instead of Sakura but Kaito somehow made it so that Sakura will do it instead of her and probably even erasing Akiho's memory coz obviously judging from her personality I doubt she's that good in acting
Mar 19, 2018 5:29 AM

Jan 2014
elior1 said:
Abyhape said:

this is becouse kaito have the power of the moon which is syoran and yue have unlike sakura

but Sakura have Moon power too, in fact, she has both Sun and Moon as her power source (I read it at wikia).
Mar 19, 2018 12:01 PM

Jul 2016
So Clear Cards are equivalent in some way to Clow Cards. Yeah, that makes sense.

It seems that we're progressing further into the plot. D is a crappy post-nominal (or in this case middle-nominal) letter, it only makes you a walking reference to One Piece.
Around the gif~
"It's a big mistake to think you're the only one who can turn into a car"
- Shiori Takatsuki
Mar 19, 2018 2:36 PM

Feb 2018
Abyhape said:
elior1 said:

but Sakura have Moon power too, in fact, she has both Sun and Moon as her power source (I read it at wikia).

Apparently, mages who are very powerful can conceal their power, that's why no one sensed Eriol's magic power in the original series. What is not clear is why Shaoran can sense Kaito's and Sakura can't. I can think of two possibilities: Either they can allow one individual to sense their magic while concealing it from others, or individuals with a particular affinity to the same kind of magic (Moon in this case) can sense it more easily.

Note also that Shaoran uses a different type of magic than Sakura: It is specifically Eastern Magic that uses his own power, while Sakura uses the same kind of magic that the cards possess, which (at least Clow Cards, don't know about the Clear ones) were created using a combination of Eastern and Western magic. He has also been trained in the ways of magic from young age, so even if Sakura is more powerful, he possesses abilities that Sakura does not.
AbeldeMediciMar 19, 2018 4:07 PM
"The world appears wonderful in the eyes of wonderful people." (Alicia Florence, ARIA)
Mar 20, 2018 2:50 AM

Oct 2008
I thought at one point, Tomoyo is scary angry to Keroberos because of the lame video recording that Kero attempted to capture! lolz
4/5.

Mar 20, 2018 7:50 AM
Jun 2015
I thought they are gonna show some sort of shadow or a figure of a human when Kero messed up the video recording to save Sakura... I was really thinking of a climax there :/
Mar 20, 2018 8:18 AM
Jul 2018
Finally a episode where interesting information gets revealed.
Mar 24, 2018 11:53 AM
Mar 2018
During all the series I had the feeling that I missed something, but now finally the plot is building up! :D
Mar 24, 2018 12:16 PM
Mar 2018
AbeldeMedici said:
Abyhape said:

Apparently, mages who are very powerful can conceal their power, that's why no one sensed Eriol's magic power in the original series. What is not clear is why Shaoran can sense Kaito's and Sakura can't. I can think of two possibilities: Either they can allow one individual to sense their magic while concealing it from others, or individuals with a particular affinity to the same kind of magic (Moon in this case) can sense it more easily.

Note also that Shaoran uses a different type of magic than Sakura: It is specifically Eastern Magic that uses his own power, while Sakura uses the same kind of magic that the cards possess, which (at least Clow Cards, don't know about the Clear ones) were created using a combination of Eastern and Western magic. He has also been trained in the ways of magic from young age, so even if Sakura is more powerful, he possesses abilities that Sakura does not.

I think is more like that magic power can be mistaken as love or attraction, as happened with Shaoran thinking that he was in love with Yukito, but was actually sensing his magic power. That would explain why Shaoran is able to identify it, and Sakura might be only thinking that he is nice, specially if she, unlike Shaoran, is not completelly aware of what's going on.
Mar 27, 2018 1:14 AM

Jan 2018
I thought I'm going to see Tomoyo go yandere mode to Kero-chan back there. Lol!
Mar 29, 2018 4:51 AM

Jul 2008
Okay so even Sakura thinks that the Sakura Cards and the Clear Cards are was too similar.
Mar 31, 2018 8:05 PM

Dec 2011
D as a title for high-ranking magicians... CLAMP being sneaky again. So this means it's more probable to think he's human after all and not like Yue/Ruby Moon etc who were created from magic. Curious to see where the plot is heading now.
Apr 18, 2018 4:15 PM
Sep 2008
ooooooommmmggg the explenation about kaito's name....
hmmm COULD IT BE THAT HE HAS SOME RELATION TO FAI D. Flourite from tsubasa... could it be that kaito and the new girl is from another world cuz
... eriol described the highest magician thing but he didnt say from where it was
my theory is based cuz of things that were hinted from tsubas about the clear card .

ALSO I WONDER WHY SAKURA CANT USE HER SAKURA CARDS o_o i mean it her cards she should be able to use them regardless of appearnece of new cards
Jun 27, 2019 9:20 AM

Dec 2014
whats with the reenactment of the first series every now and then.... hmmm
Oct 30, 2019 9:27 AM

Jun 2015
Spoiler: Kaito is searching for the One Piece
Jun 7, 2021 8:20 PM

Jun 2014
The reversal card was flipping stuff upside down, and that wasn't the first time I've seen that, lol.

Also, Shaoran can sense Kaito's magic. When will Sakura find out?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card-hen Episode 14 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2018

38 by Serhiyko »»
Apr 10, 1:31 PM

» Am I the only one who is a little disappointed with the new series so far? ( 1 2 )

blissful_Harmony - Feb 14, 2018

67 by Arichan66 »»
Jan 31, 8:09 AM

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card-hen Episode 22 Discussion

Fayrin - Aug 9, 2018

36 by glowings »»
Jan 3, 4:20 PM

» How much of the manga does this adapt?

GrayZStars - Nov 12, 2023

2 by GrayZStars »»
Nov 12, 2023 8:16 PM

Poll: » With who will Daidouji Tomoyo and Li Mei Ling end up or will they end up single ?

KingSunWukong - Nov 11, 2023

7 by KingSunWukong »»
Nov 12, 2023 10:08 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.