Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 17, 2018 8:13 AM

Jul 2012
Just saw this was added to the database, does anyone know what this is gonna be? A sequel of sorts or just some side story? To hype or not to hype? That is the question.
Awesome signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 17, 2018 8:28 AM

Sep 2014
Im curious as well, what is this supposed to be? Especially since 3 movies where added?
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Mar 17, 2018 8:30 AM
Jan 2017
Case.1 Crime and Punishment is the upcoming first installment of the Psycho-Pass: Sinners of the System movie trilogy. It will air in January 2019.

The movie will focus on Nobuchika Ginoza and Mika Shimotsuki. Their case will lead them to an isolation facility in Aomori-ken.

This is info i got from the psycho pass wiki. So it seems it's gonna be a side story probably. I'm just happy something is coming out honestly. Greatly increases the chance of an eventual sequel ^^
Mar 17, 2018 8:54 AM
Jan 2016
You should read the news about this. There are some details there. I am pretty sure ANN & MAL already reported this.

As for the hype, I think it's there, but I am not hyped about it. If they show solid PV & entirely new and competent staff handling this one, then I am in.
Mar 17, 2018 8:56 AM

Aug 2013
Mika Shimotsuki
Hope she will obtain personality now.
Mar 17, 2018 10:56 AM

May 2017
UGH...I seriously just want more Kougami..... He and Makishima made the first show for me. The second one was good, but really did pale in comparison. Obviously we can't have more Makishima though....so why get rid of the top other item you had going for you?!!

*sigh*

Either way I'll definitely watch this, and am excited to hear them doing more with the series....but give us back Kou dammit!

BTW...I do see the 3rd movie looks to have Kou (yay), but where my head is at is if they do another TV series for it...he needs to be in it.
Mar 17, 2018 11:08 AM
Jan 2013
Wish it wasn't a movie tbh. Now I'll end up waiting until 2020 to see it.
Mar 17, 2018 12:30 PM

Mar 2017
Is Kougami or Akane in this movie?
Mar 17, 2018 1:19 PM

Dec 2011
That weird moment in which your favorite character is in a short (with your fave color too) and the character you didn't like the most is along them (with a color you hate with a passion); both as protags... is kind of priceless, I guess.
My native language is spanish and I rarely use english outside the net, so it's really possible for me to not understand quite well what others say in english or even make myself clear.
Mar 17, 2018 1:28 PM
Sep 2017
I think it is basically supposed to be season 3...though I don't have any official source
Mar 17, 2018 1:35 PM

Aug 2012
I'm only hyped for the third part with Shinya but will watch the others too.
Mar 17, 2018 7:11 PM
Jun 2015
id take anything from this series
Mar 17, 2018 9:02 PM

Jul 2013
Shimotsuki is easily the least enjoyable character in the whole Psycho-Pass series
Mar 17, 2018 10:53 PM

Feb 2015
Stacycmc said:
UGH...I seriously just want more Kougami..... He and Makishima made the first show for me. The second one was good, but really did pale in comparison. Obviously we can't have more Makishima though....so why get rid of the top other item you had going for you?!!

*sigh*

Either way I'll definitely watch this, and am excited to hear them doing more with the series....but give us back Kou dammit!

BTW...I do see the 3rd movie looks to have Kou (yay), but where my head is at is if they do another TV series for it...he needs to be in it.

The movie paled in comparison to S1, but S2 was just bad, horrible, atrocious, it should die in a fire.

Kougai said:
Wish it wasn't a movie tbh. Now I'll end up waiting until 2020 to see it.

True

GuraKruor said:
That weird moment in which your favorite character is in a short (with your fave color too) and the character you didn't like the most is along them (with a color you hate with a passion); both as protags... is kind of priceless, I guess.

Ginoza, Kougami, Masaoka, Akane and Makishima are really good characters, the guys from S2 aren't though.
I don't know why they're trying to force them into our throats, just pretend S2 never existed, there was probably nothing good in that season that wasn't already there in S1.
SteelingMaxMar 17, 2018 11:00 PM

Mar 18, 2018 1:02 AM

Dec 2011
SteelingMax said:
GuraKruor said:

Ginoza, Kougami, Masaoka, Akane and Makishima are really good characters, the guys from S2 aren't though.
I don't know why they're trying to force them into our throats, just pretend S2 never existed, there was probably nothing good in that season that wasn't already there in S1.

My fave is Ginoza, the character I didn't like the most is Shimotsuki I didn't want to use the word hate in any case someone actually liked her and then wanted to rip my head off, but yeah, I hate that gal with a passion. It's priceless to me this combo 'cause it's like kind of a cosmical joke (even the colors match! Ginoza with green, my fave color, and that woman with the horrible yellow) IMHO.

In any case, I just hope they don't screw it up this time.
My native language is spanish and I rarely use english outside the net, so it's really possible for me to not understand quite well what others say in english or even make myself clear.
Mar 18, 2018 1:08 AM

Oct 2008
GuraKruor said:
SteelingMax said:

My fave is Ginoza, the character I didn't like the most is Shimotsuki I didn't want to use the word hate in any case someone actually liked her and then wanted to rip my head off, but yeah, I hate that gal with a passion. It's priceless to me this combo 'cause it's like kind of a cosmical joke (even the colors match! Ginoza with green, my fave color, and that woman with the horrible yellow) IMHO.

I'm glad I'm not the only one with love-hate feeling toward the 2 main chara... I was so in hype for Gino and then...
Hope she won't be so strictly and such a pain as she was in season 2. :/
"AI WA QUARTETNIGHT!"
Mar 18, 2018 1:08 AM

Dec 2017
I think the last arc (movie?) is centered around Kogami, so I'm happy about that, I'm hoping Akane won't be left in the background in the 3 arcs (movies?) though.

I'm excited about this one because, Ginoza is my second favorite character, I absolutely hate Mika though I'm not sure if I'll be able to tolerate watching this arc (movie?) with her centered in it, I'm hoping they actually make changes to her character or at least make her less selfish/obnoxious.

Idk, but in the end I'm just excited that we get more Psycho-Pass! ( ^^ )
Mar 18, 2018 1:12 AM

Dec 2011
Lady_Nera said:
GuraKruor said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one with love-hate feeling toward the 2 main chara... I was so in hype for Gino and then...

Maybe it just so happen that I'm a all into not so popular characters, for some reason my faves are the ones I can't find more people who likes them.

But I hope the same too, for her to not be such a pain and maybe this will be Gino's return as a character that's not only in the background?
Mar 18, 2018 2:33 AM

Dec 2017
I'm hyped to see Ginoza but when I saw that the movie was with him and that shimotsuki... well I really don't know what to expect
anyways I ll surely wait about 10 mounths to see it cuz it's a frea*ing movie -_-
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 18, 2018 2:47 AM

Apr 2016
Mika Shimotsuki as one of the main characters.

The hype is dead for me.
Mar 18, 2018 8:31 AM

Jul 2014
Kougami is on the poster for the 3rd movie in this series.
Mar 18, 2018 7:54 PM
Oct 2017
WHERE KOGAMI AT???????? HE BETTER BE UP IN HERE!!!!!!
Mar 18, 2018 10:11 PM

Nov 2009
I'm somewhat baffled at how they grouped Ginoza and Shimotsuki together... like, why? why this absurd combination?

Anyway, Shimotsuki simply being there ruins it already, both for the viewers (is there a single person who actually likes her?) and for Ginoza, as I can't imagine Gino having a good opportunity to show off his development when he has to listen to that cowardly bitch and do what she says.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Mar 19, 2018 12:27 AM

Jul 2013
If Urobuchi Gen isn't the scriptwriter then I'll pass. They ruined the second season and the movie already :'(
Mar 19, 2018 5:11 AM

Mar 2018
I think I'll just skip these movies. If the choice of main character (Mika) is any indication then this will be a disaster.
Mar 19, 2018 6:49 AM

Jul 2012
I just hope they don't give her a redemption arc or something... I usually don't hate fictional characters but that girl is an absolute pain in the ass.
Mar 19, 2018 7:01 AM

Feb 2009
Yay Mika was best character in second season so why not give it her own movie. I hope that *beep* redeems in some way.
Mar 19, 2018 9:29 AM

Aug 2014
Mika as main character also killed the hype to me. I hope it is not the same writer from PP2 or I won't even waste my time.
Mar 19, 2018 2:39 PM
Sep 2016
Even if everyone is iffy about the first film or two, our favorite S1 characters look to be in the 3rd film. So, as PP fans, it’s our duty to support this comeback and make sure that the studio and the higher ups in corporate know we want more psycho pass. Support whenever it comes out. We can judge it AFTER the curtains close.
Mar 19, 2018 5:32 PM

Sep 2010
GuraKruor said:
SteelingMax said:

Only thing that keeps me from hating Mika is her savageness and sassy nature. But her work ethic is a fucking dumpster fire constantly trying to throw Akane under the bus. I found myself laughing at her pathetic attempts.

I will watch the movie though even if I'm not her biggest fan who knows maybe since she will have the spotlight instead of being a side character she will develop more?
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Mar 19, 2018 9:29 PM
Oct 2011
Millireena said:
I think the last arc (movie?) is centered around Kogami, so I'm happy about that, I'm hoping Akane won't be left in the background in the 3 arcs (movies?) though.

To be honest, I don't want to see Akane because she was the focus of 33 episodes and the secondary protagonist in the movie. Want to see others take the spotlight for once.
Mar 20, 2018 9:56 PM
Feb 2017
Let’s be honest here. The main reason we’re all rabid about this show is due to the outstanding storyline of season 1. The 2015 movie helped the plot along because season 2, unfortunately, was disappointing for many reasons icluding the introduction of some very unlikeable characters. I would like to see a continuation of the story arc among the main characters, so the side stories that these movies are promising are just that. What we need is a real third season, not just side stories.
Mar 21, 2018 12:22 PM

Oct 2008
GuraKruor said:
Lady_Nera said:

Maybe it just so happen that I'm a all into not so popular characters, for some reason my faves are the ones I can't find more people who likes them.

But I hope the same too, for her to not be such a pain and maybe this will be Gino's return as a character that's not only in the background?

I hope so, and maybe Shimotsuki will change her mind about Gino, since in s2 she wasn't thinking so high of him (infact she thought he was a totally sh*t only because he is an Enforcer -.-)

Well, let's wait and see how they will develop this first film! :D
"AI WA QUARTETNIGHT!"
Mar 22, 2018 11:51 AM

Mar 2013
Not to be bitter because I hate Mika's character, but I hope she ends up a latent criminal in the end.
Mar 27, 2018 8:54 AM

Feb 2013
Yeah I’m kinda hype for it bc I loved the first one so much but...the story that NEEDS to be told is the prequel. You know, Sasayama is still alive, Kou is still an inspector, Makishima is just getting started, etc.
Mar 29, 2018 2:07 AM

May 2010
i was hype for a moment then see that its Mika, really? i dont hate her that much but still dont care about her, i love Akane and Shinya to watch this i'll probably just read spoiler lol..
Mar 30, 2018 8:07 PM

Nov 2015
Not so much, considering the plot. I'll watch it nevertheless, though.
People sometimes get upset, because they have expectations, while I don't have the intentions.
Mar 31, 2018 11:51 PM
Jul 2016
Mika is the most unbearable character in the series, but aside from that, more Psycho Pass is something I will look forward to. It’s a bit unfortunate Akane won’t be the main character. I just hope they’ll develop Shimotsuki’s character to be more redeemable.
Apr 4, 2018 4:24 PM

Nov 2017
Despite the most grating character in Psycho-Pass being in this spinoff, I'm still pretty hyped for it mostly because I'm interested in seeing more of Ginoza in action. He's begun to grow on me tbh. On another note, I'm just relieved they're bringing back our boy Kougami in the third one.
Apr 14, 2018 5:22 PM

Jul 2011
I'm excited, but have very low expectations. S1 was honestly far better than the last movie, or that disappointing awful second season. I kinda wish they ended the story there.
Apr 15, 2018 9:13 PM

Nov 2014
Stacycmc said:

*sigh*

exactly i want more Kogami, he made the show
May 4, 2018 1:46 PM

Jul 2017
I really hope this won't be like the last movie. I loved the first season, the second season was amazing too but I didn't like the movie tho
May 15, 2018 9:42 PM

Apr 2014
idk how to feel about this since i'm not a fan of Mika but i do enjoy Ginoza (especially without his glasses and his new hairstyle)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 25, 2018 12:11 PM

Oct 2009
2019? Oh my days. *sighs* 😩
Sep 8, 2018 9:35 AM

Dec 2017
Hype! I can't wait for this!
Sep 12, 2018 10:57 PM

May 2015
Mixed feelings. I love Psycho Pass but I also hate Mika with all my heart - on my top 10 most hated characters list. I really hope she matures during this movie or at least realizes how amazing her co-workers are xD specially Akane (still not over the grandma's death)
I will also be happy if she experiences some pain so she can learn a thing or two
Sep 21, 2018 4:08 PM
Dec 2017
Honestly I’m not necessarily bothered by Shimotsuki. Yes, she’s a an annoying prick but from what I remember she wasn’t a bad character, just not likeable. And imo a show can still be good when cantered around a dislikeable character, as long as they’re used correctly.

However it’s been a long time since I watched season 2 (or at least it feels that way) and I find myself not being able to remember everything very well, so please excuse me if I’m spouting nonsense and am completely mistaken.
Sep 26, 2018 2:29 PM

Jan 2013
Can't wait to see my 2 fav characters! :D

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."
Sep 28, 2018 10:21 AM
Jan 2017
https://twitter.com/psychopass_tv/status/1045590912049414145?s=20

Two preceding , each from the 1st film and 2nd film are posted in the twitter. Here's the link!
Oct 31, 2018 8:28 AM

Feb 2010
season 2 wasn't that bad most the people who hated it were just salty a certian character didn't show up.

i enjoyed the last movie so i will watch these as well.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass SS Case 1: Tsumi to Batsu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Jiharo - Jan 25, 2019

73 by LotteGiants »»
Feb 12, 3:15 AM

» So is this a sequel or a whole new thing? I need to know please..

DragonYuk - Nov 9, 2018

11 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Jun 29, 2021 5:02 PM

» Psycho-Pass fans: Who is hyped for Sinners of the System?

removed-user - Nov 8, 2018

20 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
May 30, 2021 7:13 PM

» So how do we watch this?

TG-Golem - Jan 25, 2019

21 by Meritas »»
Dec 11, 2019 2:48 AM

» Any info on the BD release of this Trilogy movie series? Release date speculation?

IndianAnimeReker - Apr 11, 2019

7 by IndianAnimeReker »»
Jul 10, 2019 3:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.