Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 17, 2018 12:24 PM
Mar 2015
Last two episodes were too cringy for me. I hope the last episode will be good so I can be happy with this anime overall, or just make it two seasons.
I like Sara, but Nina is uhh... lets see next week then.

Mar 17, 2018 1:04 PM

Jan 2018
I read the next manga chapter after episode ten to see where the show was going, bad idea, I read one chapter, and I got spoiled for the next two episodes.

EDIT - The episode also lost its impact.
Mar 17, 2018 1:08 PM
Jun 2013
Season's almost over with, and I finally get around to commenting on it. Loved this episode, especially at about 11:43 when Yuzu was in the lobby drowning her misgivings and acting "drunk" with that Racoo soda she was drinking. Funny as heck.
Mar 17, 2018 1:47 PM

Nov 2016
Boy,this is going way too fast and lol kinda funny that Yuzu didn't even consider the possibility that Sara and Mei are going out. I mean,the circumstances stated by both are way too specific, not getting suspicious seems unlikely.Also,it would have been better if Yuzu found out about it herself and not get told by Nina.

Still enjoying the series and I wonder how it's going to wrap up and if we get a second season or not.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 17, 2018 2:48 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
dang, this episode was really stupid. Talk about milking the drama on and on.

I want a spinoff with a slice of life take on Harumi. The only character worth a damn here.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 17, 2018 3:18 PM

Jan 2017
el_morris said:
This show is a fucking mess, and can't even know why I'm still watching this. In my language would call both, Mei and Yuzu "calienta huevos", thankfully there's only one episode left.

Hot eggs? I don't know what that means...

Mar 17, 2018 3:35 PM
Jul 2018
When I watch this show I get the same feeling from a shitty harem anime, in the case that the MC can't make up their mind on what they want
Mar 17, 2018 3:55 PM

Jul 2016
Episode 11 and I still can't explain what Mei does to be soooo irresistible among women... and probably I won't find it out in the next ep. neither.

I could give my point of view of this ep. but I won't. It would be like repeat mostly of the comment above mine... plus, I rate it 1/5 because of the stupidity of some scenes.
Mar 17, 2018 4:33 PM

Feb 2018
I mean yeah, the show is kind of a hot mess right now. But they’ve got to set something up before the finale, and honestly it’s still entertaining. I think Mei is just reluctant to show any vulnerability and after Yuzu turned her down, her reluctance was validated. So she’s not going to be with Yuzu so long as Yuzu is unsure of what she wants. It’s Yuzu’s fault but hard to say so because of her likability, which Mei lacks. Sara should be an interesting obstacle and Nina genuinely concerns me. I’m predicting that the romance will be hung on a cliffhanger and not conclude after next week.
“Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many. Working hard alone doesn't assure you that you'll achieve your dreams. Actually, there are more cases where you don't. Even so, working hard and achieving something is some consolation at least.” - Hikki
Mar 17, 2018 4:48 PM

May 2015
Guess they will end the show just after the end of this arc, considering where they ended in this episode.

Episode somehow felt faster than it was in the manga to me, so I guess I could see why some people thought it went from one moment to another. Regardless, enjoyed the episode.
ReverberateMar 17, 2018 4:53 PM

Mar 17, 2018 4:50 PM

Dec 2016
Mei is such an annoying bitch, I hate the way she treats Yuzu, and it was she who started it all

Yuzu deserves someone better, too bad Harumin is probably straight
Mar 17, 2018 5:17 PM
Aug 2017
MeryNeko said:
I don't understand Mei. I want to hug Yuzu, she doesn't deserve Mei, sorry.
I can't with Nina, she's so annoying. And Sara is so in love, and she didn't know the truth, so it's not her fault, but...xd
Those are my feelings exactly. But even tho Mei doesnt deserve her, for this last episode I really want Yuzu x Mei. What do u thinks is going to happen? My friend said the way he sees it he thinks it will end with Sara x Mei. Tho sara woulda backed off if fucking Nina wasnt there. if Yuzu doesnt hook up with Mei ill actually be depressed for months ;-;
Mar 17, 2018 5:32 PM

Aug 2015
the past few episodes have made me hate this show. i don't even care if they get together anymore
Mar 17, 2018 5:43 PM

Jan 2011
Sara did nothing wrong

Yuzu mostly did nothing wrong

#fuckmei/Nana

Harumin was the true mvp
Mar 17, 2018 7:08 PM

Jul 2016
Well, damn. Nina really didn't want to let Yuzu know that Sara confessed to Mei and she's getting really sinister about it, now. Yuzu finally took charge in the final bed scene, though, so she's a little closer to her goal, although it feels like she's still so far from it.

Mar 17, 2018 7:27 PM
May 2013
Love is a messy battlefield, these twins are so insensitive towards other peoples feelings it makes my blood boil, come on Yuzu stand your ground and give it your best show them what Mei means to you.
Mar 17, 2018 7:29 PM
Aug 2016
For 21 months, I dated a sociopath. I don't use that term to insult her, I sincerely believe that label applies. She was shallow, lacked any major interests or notable skills, obsessively talked about her problems and gave little more than the most superficial (and probably artificial) concern for the people around her, and I'm not even mentioning her worst personality flaws. Despite all that, when she asked me to be her lover I was in an emotionally-fragile state and I couldn't say no. Our relationship was an on again, off again, toxic, chaotic and painful experience, and when she finally broke up with me I felt like a weight had been lifted from my shoulders.

I say all this because Citrus might be the most important anime this season for me. I see so much of myself in Yuzu and so much of my ex in Mei, it's honestly freaky. I hate watching this "relationship" form between them, it makes me actually angry, but it's also cathartic. It feels, in a way, like I'm reliving my own relationship but from a safe distance, and that means I can learn from it this time. Watching Yuzu fall more and more hopelessly in love with Mei is helping me process how and why I fell so strongly in love with my ex, and hopefully now that I understand, I'll be able to avoid getting myself into a similar situation again.

Of course, the show's bad for a lot of legitimate reasons, I didn't write this to say that I think Citrus deserves a good score. I just... feel something for this anime that I haven't really felt for any other.
Mar 17, 2018 7:33 PM

Jan 2017
Gaah, I'm conflicted, this episode has left me -cant say speechless 'cause I'm not speaking- by yeh, you get the gist of it

I guess a lot of times in this episode I was internally screaming "aaaaaghh" and saying "why" over every scene... If destiny's involved then it's mei×yuzu ftw
Other than that,some nice services going on today, with yuzu becoming as well... All in all, I nice rounded episode for me this week
Mar 17, 2018 7:49 PM

Jan 2013
Harumin is best girl anyway...well as always lol
Mar 17, 2018 8:07 PM
Dec 2017
i feel like this show is trying to throw at you as much as possible in just 12 episodes. im just ready for the show to end tbh.
Mar 17, 2018 8:28 PM
Jan 2018
At this point I don't see this ending well. I don't think Sara is gonna stay with Mei but I also don't see Yuzu being with Mei. Mei seems to just be done with Yuzu's on the fence attitude about their relationship.
Mar 17, 2018 9:24 PM
Jul 2018
very average and cringeworthy and stupid episode. This episode proved me Mei is bad and so cold-hearted character =/ I thought Yuzu was fine as a protagonist but at the same time her characterization feels inconsistent. Yeah atm this show won't get any better AND I really think Yuzu should look for another girl instead of Mei!

Mar 17, 2018 10:23 PM
Nov 2017
If ever Mei was deserving of a slap across the face, that scene in the bath was it. Enough already.

Only one episode left, so I might as well ride this train wreck of a show the rest of the way over the cliff.
Mar 17, 2018 10:25 PM
Dec 2016
Honestly, I've never actually commented on a forum until now. This episode will most likely mark my final step for this anime as I'm starting to realize this relationship is really toxic. As much as I loved the manga, this was the final straw. Mei is done with Yuzu being on the fence about their relationship. Sara most likely knows that Mei is Yuzu's stepsister, but instead of going to talk to her about it...she asks for Mei to kiss her? There is just so many stupid decisions but I'm curious to see how this goes.
Mar 18, 2018 3:20 AM
Mar 2011
Piece of shit writing and characters
Mar 18, 2018 3:24 AM

Sep 2013
Nina is one hell of a sly sister, I love that dynamite bod though ;3

I was surprised how much Momo (or whatever her name is) has opened up to Yuzu and Harumin is such a great friend and a history buff :p
Mar 18, 2018 4:45 AM

Nov 2017
Mei was totally different in the beginning of the show. Realize she's actually started a relationship with girl she barely knows out of nowhere. Therefore when they get to now eachother better I think it will quickly be over but nevertheless.. This is not that cold, dominant, closed-in Mei we used to know...... it just doesn't fit her character

And how does Sara love Mei more than Yuzu after everything she's done with Yuzu? Like Mei just pointed out a direction like anyone would've done and boom she completely falls in love????

oh and Yuzu getting drunk of orange juice.. lololo
024Mar 18, 2018 5:51 AM

plz @ me
Mar 18, 2018 5:24 AM

Sep 2015
I dont know, sometimes i just think Mei is too EASY. In the beggining she let the teacher do whatever he wanted with her just because he would be her fiance, then later she kisses Matsuri when she already had someone she liked, and now she goes out with someone she just barely meet.

I not really used with the yuri/shoujo genre, but is this the typical behavior?
Mar 18, 2018 6:00 AM

Oct 2015
a2- said:
MeryNeko said:
I don't understand Mei. I want to hug Yuzu, she doesn't deserve Mei, sorry.
I can't with Nina, she's so annoying. And Sara is so in love, and she didn't know the truth, so it's not her fault, but...xd
Those are my feelings exactly. But even tho Mei doesnt deserve her, for this last episode I really want Yuzu x Mei. What do u thinks is going to happen? My friend said the way he sees it he thinks it will end with Sara x Mei. Tho sara woulda backed off if fucking Nina wasnt there. if Yuzu doesnt hook up with Mei ill actually be depressed for months ;-;

Actually, my wish is that Yuzu meets someone better. hahaha, but being "realistic" and true to the plot, I think mei and yuzu will end together, it's obvious, maybe not in this season, but who knows? I feel bad for Sara xd Maybe it ends with yuzu's love declaration and Mei saying: finally! was it so difficult? xdddddddddddd
We have to wait <3
Mar 18, 2018 6:23 AM

Jul 2015
i have said this before and will probably say it this time too... Mei is a slut... and thats final...
Yuzu is just too pure for her... i hope the manga stops.. when reading the manga i never got this much pissed.. but for somereason.. this anime pisses me off.. ( alot )
Mar 18, 2018 7:15 AM
Apr 2017
Have to speed it out to 2.5x to finish this episode...
I should have drop it early...As I am stuck now to complete it,,,
Mar 18, 2018 8:54 AM
Jan 2015
Is this series even trying to make Mei likable? Mitsuru was right, she is a bitch slut. Kinda wish Yuzu would just give up and move on, she isn't worth the effort, but thats not going to happen of course.
My Queens

Mar 18, 2018 9:23 AM

Apr 2017
This school trip arc is actually my personal least fave in the manga. But I'll keep watching it because I quite like its animation and soundtrack.

Also, Harumin is da real MVP :v
Mar 18, 2018 10:25 AM
Aug 2017
MeryNeko said:
a2- said:

Actually, my wish is that Yuzu meets someone better. hahaha, but being "realistic" and true to the plot, I think mei and yuzu will end together, it's obvious, maybe not in this season, but who knows? I feel bad for Sara xd Maybe it ends with yuzu's love declaration and Mei saying: finally! was it so difficult? xdddddddddddd
We have to wait <3

AHHHH I CANT ;-;. the maybe not in this season makes me feel uneasy, Ill have to wait so long!!! D:
Mar 18, 2018 11:11 AM

Aug 2013
I had never disliked Mei until this episode. Sure, every random/illogical actions she does only serve to advance the plot, but this episode is something else.

There's no way Mei would go out with a person she barely met unless she's trying to move on from Yuzu. That means Mei's strict character is either completely broken or she's a scum. I feel bad for Sara.

I am fine with Nina's action. It makes sense for her to think about her sister's happiness first.

Mei dragging Yuzu to the bed was so forced. There's no reason for that other than creating a yuri scene.
Mar 18, 2018 2:14 PM

Sep 2017
There are definitely flaws in the way things are presented, but Mei's behaviour is still making sense to me. It's messed up, but it makes sense

From what we've seen the only non superficial relationship she had as a kid was with her dad, and when he left she felt like she'd been rejected by the only person she was truly close to. After that relationships meant very little to her, and she put up a lot of barriers between other people and her true self and feelings. At Christmas after everything they'd been through, she finally got to a place where she felt like Yuzu was worth lowering the barriers for, and was willing to to trust her and let her in. But Yuzu's hesitation made her feel rejected again. So she went back into self preservation mode, and a superficial relationship with someone she just met, who apparently needs her is better than one that actually matters where she could get hurt again.

It's kind of like someone who's scared of leaving their house because of something bad/traumatic that happened to them, and the first time they actually get up the courage to do it and step outside they get mugged. They're bound to regress even worse than they were before
Mar 18, 2018 2:18 PM
Mar 2016
This anime is really, really bad. Somebody please tell me if the manga is any better, I'll give it a try if that's the case.
Mar 18, 2018 6:08 PM
Apr 2015
Yuzu got what she asked for so tbh she deserves it
Mar 18, 2018 6:11 PM

Oct 2017
So this is probably one of the best episodes this season. Not as good as 5 and 6 but it is one of my favorites. Mei cucks Yuzu. I've had that happen to me before.

Now onto my analysis and off of the sarcasm.
So Nina's actions seem to definitely show signs of Aspergers as I have noted in the last episode. The way she acts is very unusual for someone of her age and she seems to be a bit hyperactive. She also seem to be stubborn like she says to Mei she should think about dating Sara. I am standing on this theory strongly. So Sara and Yuzu get into a bit of a weird predicament. Sara after becoming Mei's girlfriend, finds out Yuzu is Mei's stepsister and she remembers how Yuzu said she had a crush on her stepsister. Yuzu is upset about this but seems to somewhat accept it, but she wants to tell Mei how she feels to feel better. I haven't read the manga up to this point, but i would not be surprised if Nina has a crush on Yuzu. She seems to be acting a bit stranger around Yuzu. Nina is a great character in my opinion. Man I love psychoanalysis on the Citrus series. I love all the hidden psychology in the anime. It might go over most viewer's heads, but maybe check back on older episodes and analyze lines, movement, and behavior. It is deeper than you would think. This series seems to perfectly capture those awkward teenage horomones. I love it.
This post is brought to you by your local transfem gamer goblin. Will not tolerate bigotry and will fight against "anti-woke" sentiment to make the anime community a safer place.
Mar 18, 2018 6:13 PM

Oct 2017
Arcaedes said:
There are definitely flaws in the way things are presented, but Mei's behaviour is still making sense to me. It's messed up, but it makes sense

From what we've seen the only non superficial relationship she had as a kid was with her dad, and when he left she felt like she'd been rejected by the only person she was truly close to. After that relationships meant very little to her, and she put up a lot of barriers between other people and her true self and feelings. At Christmas after everything they'd been through, she finally got to a place where she felt like Yuzu was worth lowering the barriers for, and was willing to to trust her and let her in. But Yuzu's hesitation made her feel rejected again. So she went back into self preservation mode, and a superficial relationship with someone she just met, who apparently needs her is better than one that actually matters where she could get hurt again.

It's kind of like someone who's scared of leaving their house because of something bad/traumatic that happened to them, and the first time they actually get up the courage to do it and step outside they get mugged. They're bound to regress even worse than they were before

All the psychology under the surface is what makes me love this anime. It sucks it only has one episode in the season and I need season 2
This post is brought to you by your local transfem gamer goblin. Will not tolerate bigotry and will fight against "anti-woke" sentiment to make the anime community a safer place.
Mar 18, 2018 7:01 PM
Jun 2017
Ohhh yeah!!!! Another great episode as Sara wins this time around vs Yuzu in confessing to Mei.

* ohh sad it is, its like in real life when you know the person you like is also what your friend likes. What a complicated scene!!! Hahaha

Ohh last episode next week. Cant wait for it...
Mar 18, 2018 7:52 PM

May 2015
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Everyone is being a cuck today!

Lol, Onsen Suplex!

Damn it! Get gay already!

You know, with all the running around that's been going on in this series, Citrus is cute...
Mar 18, 2018 10:16 PM

May 2015
Seriously, what the fuck is going on in this show? We move on from one character starting useless drama, then we get two more. I don't think I've ever seen that before. They might even be worse than Matsuri. What are they thinking? What is MEI thinking? None of them actually expect this out-of-nowhere relationship to work right? They know nothing about each other! God this is stupid.

Mar 18, 2018 11:30 PM

Oct 2008
oh well, looks like things keeps on dragging!...
3/5.

Mar 19, 2018 12:21 AM
Dec 2017
I'm honestly surprised Mei would take Sara at all...but I suppose its for the plot

What does worry me slightly though is the fact that we only have one episode left in this season, will we get a rushed ending or no ending at all, will Citrus get a second season?
Mar 19, 2018 12:22 AM
Dec 2017
SkyDrop said:
very average and cringeworthy and stupid episode. This episode proved me Mei is bad and so cold-hearted character =/ I thought Yuzu was fine as a protagonist but at the same time her characterization feels inconsistent. Yeah atm this show won't get any better AND I really think Yuzu should look for another girl instead of Mei!

I feel like what they were trying to go for is Yuzu is conflicted and doesn't really know what she wants, hence leading to acting all different ways, though I don't think it was pulled off correctly, hence her characterization seems off, but I think at this point she wouldn't take anyone other than Mei, pretty much what the series is trying to say
Mar 19, 2018 10:38 AM

Mar 2016
It was stressful watching this omg...

I wondering how it’ll end! Hopefully it will be good!
I’m excited for next episode
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 19, 2018 1:04 PM

Sep 2017
LSSJ_Gaming said:
Arcaedes said:

All the psychology under the surface is what makes me love this anime. It sucks it only has one episode in the season and I need season 2

Yeah, I don't think we'll get much of a resolution in the one remaining episode, unless its massively rushed. I'm just hoping for progress at least
Mar 19, 2018 1:21 PM

Oct 2017
Arcaedes said:
LSSJ_Gaming said:

Yeah, I don't think we'll get much of a resolution in the one remaining episode, unless its massively rushed. I'm just hoping for progress at least

Most likely it will just be progress due to the manga being ongoing
Mar 19, 2018 1:29 PM

Jul 2014
This show is so frustrating, but at least it entertains me and makes me come back every week.

That said, why the hell did Mei hide Yuzu in her bed? What would Momokino have done? Have her usual tantrum?...Well, whatever, I guess there has to be one of those "scenes" between Yuzu and Mei.

And the best part of the episode was definitely Harumin tickles...seriously, this series would have been a lot better with her as the love interest instead of Mei. Harumin best girl. <3

SkyLETVMar 19, 2018 8:32 PM
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Any hope for season 2?

DwaipayanH - Mar 3

15 by Sammango »»
Mar 8, 5:01 PM

Poll: » Citrus Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2018

108 by JeremiahOrange »»
Jan 31, 4:13 AM

» prediction: your first reaction will be "I'm disappointed" ( 1 2 )

GangsterCat - Nov 28, 2016

60 by Daviljoe193 »»
Dec 24, 2023 8:15 PM

Poll: » Citrus Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2018

200 by Daviljoe193 »»
Dec 24, 2023 8:10 PM

Poll: » Citrus Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2018

157 by Daviljoe193 »»
Dec 22, 2023 1:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.