Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Aug 8, 2018 9:42 PM

May 2012
I really do wonder what the big secret is they're continuously foreshadowing, but well this episode was quite impressive on its own and to actually see how an adult looks like behind the mask was quite interesting! Looking quite forward for the next episode.
Oct 1, 2018 7:33 AM

Mar 2016
Who are the people that designed adult's hats?! Their sense of fashion is shit and wearing those hats are inconvenient!

With all the subjects such as growing up, lifelong partners and procreation. I am pretty god damn sure that Zorome's dream about a dark place where a light swallow him is the time when Zorome was born out of his mother Besides that, this adult women that Zorome came across with might very well be a blood relative of Zorome.

Zero 2 is right about this city being lifeless. It's not literally lifeless, but the atmosphere does very well seem lifeless. Even Zorome's 'chat' with that adult woman feels depressing...

Moving on... This infection that those 2 disinfecting guys talked about is interesting... A MAL user gave a really believable possibility to explain this matter about infections and stuff...

15poundfish said:
I am calling it that the children are infected with a virus or DNA of the klaxosaurs which will either slowly kill them while piloting the mechs or possibly turn them to a klaxosaur once they reach a certain age. If you notice in previous episodes the main Mc's blood color is similar to a klaxosaur. The adults harness the magma energy to help them live extremely long lives in their no conflict utopia and use expendable children to fight klaxosaurs and gather magma energy to preserve that live style. I am guessing at the end of this show there is going to be a huge rebellion from the children to unsurp the authority of the adults.
Dec 23, 2018 11:21 PM

Jun 2015
i'm still curious and wanna know if we'll every get to know why hiro's heart thing suddenly stopped.. i assume its the power of love or whatever.
what the hell is up with the adults hats though? they're absolutely hideous.
pretty sure the adult woman was his mother though, the dream at the beginning kinda reminded me of birth.
i'm pretty sure though, that the children are meant to die, whether as sacrifices or not. the way they all keep saying how they wanna be an adult or can't wait to be one, makes me think they won't actually ever get to be one.
Mar 29, 2020 7:05 PM

Aug 2019
oof this anime is really great, they are slowly showing us behind the curtains with life inside the city and more talk from the overlords probably leading to a more bleak and dark story which i could imagine they fully reveal later on and i dont know if im prepared for it
Apr 19, 2020 11:53 AM

Apr 2013
So pretty confusing what's going on in the city, but also very interesting. Her "partner" creeped me out a bit though, why is he in there and did she get weaker because of him grinning? Hopefully we will soon learn more about that.
May 5, 2020 4:17 AM

Feb 2018
SNDT said:
What the fuck is this shit? LUL

This is so funny ,lol..
May 12, 2020 8:44 AM

Jan 2013
"Your body and other things are a little different from ours"
"Pet mode settings worked out"

Cant be her friend, the children are infected apparently, the woman knowing Zorome's code (which makes me believe they're famous in some sort of way)
No social interaction in this city, barely anyone outside.

It seems like these people are just there barely surviving on the hopes of the children fighting the Klaxosaurs outside.

SO many questions with this episode and I can't wait to learn more about this shady business the Plantations have going on.
This is definitely my kinda show, loving the mystery part, just like what Attack on Titan has.
Jun 4, 2020 4:42 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
That is one lifeless city alright. I had my doubts, but I didn't think it would be that bad. Those people must live in total depression, and she says that the people one the past used to live uncomfortably, hag, your whole outfit seems to be the most uncomfortable thing I've ever seen and that's just the start of it.

The show looks like it's moving towards an unexpected twist, the children are surely somehow “different” than the adults.
Man, I hated Zorome, and now after seeing an episode centered around him, he's climbed up the ranks. He's such a cool character, I wish they focus on him more.
Jul 4, 2020 11:35 AM

Jul 2019
When I noticed the colour of her eyes and he told she looks familiar I was like "geez, this has to be his mum (or granny)"...
Jul 6, 2020 12:54 PM

Aug 2008
I'd feel more if that kid didn't "forget everything" at the end of the episode. I suppose in the end the episode was just for the benefit of the audience and of course to troll us. The old woman was going to explain why he couldn't become an adult and of course - interruption. We see the emptiness of the society that the adults seem to lead now and the casual cruelty Zorome was treated by those guards afterwards but will Zorome be effected by this? The one who is most eager to please Papa and the adults? Nope, falls out of his brain right after. I guess its too early in the story for there to be any conflict between the kids and those controlling them, so the writers take away this inconvenient problem and toss the encounter into the memory hole so Zorome can remain cheerful and ready to defeat Papas enemies.

Zero Two has commented to Hiro about the city being lifeless, I wonder if he ever followed up with her on it? Doesn't he want to understand her better? Or did that go into the memory hole as well?
Jul 23, 2020 12:27 PM

Jun 2020
i loved this episode, one of the best so far. i read some review/rant of DITF where that person said all the side characters are treated like trash/not given much development but these past few episodes have really proven that wrong. the characters keep getting more depth & the world building keeps getting better yet it’s still so mysterious.

i had tears in my eyes watching this. just watching zorome being a simple kid, enjoying his simple treats, yearning for conversation with someone else. & it seems like that’s his mum? they have the same eyes & the dream he was having seemed like imagery & symbolism of his birth. such a sad & heavy episode ☹

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Jul 30, 2020 2:38 PM
Mar 2020
this episode made me sad.. also because of zorome..
his dream was to become an adult... and now.. my dream would've been crushed after that coversation with that elderly women... idk..
Aug 7, 2020 12:54 PM

Feb 2020
It was nice to have a Zorome episode ! I would've rather had him than Hiro as the mc... But well, looks like Miku and him will get some development, I'm glad !
He is quite a touching character despite what I initially thought.
Now for the rest...
This woman is very intriguing. Does she know Zorome or not ? And what is exactly going on with her partner ? Could she be Zorome's mom... I mean, they have to have parents, right ? They can't just have appeared out of nowhere.
I also wonder if she told Zorome the reason why she cannot befriend him in the future. But it doesn't seem like it, it would've really traumatized him to know the truth.
Also, I wonder what is going on with Zero Two. Looks like her bad mood is due to her being particularly self-aware this episode, but for which reason exactly ?
The episode ended with her looking at her fangs but I wonder, did she always have them or did they grow ? I think it's the first one, but I wonder why she's being so insecure about them now. Maybe it has something to do with spending more and more time with fully human teens...
Sep 21, 2020 1:04 PM
Aug 2020
This episode only felt like 9 to 13 min
Oct 9, 2020 10:53 PM

Aug 2018
very very interesting episode

Dec 18, 2020 1:20 PM
Dec 2020
That ending...what happened with 02 this whole episode?
Feb 11, 2021 6:03 AM

May 2015
damn i kinda felt bad for zorome :/
No matter who much you regret or wish,
if you couldn't do something in life,
you can't do it after death, either.
- Hanako
Mar 25, 2021 9:18 AM
Oct 2020
a sad one but I feel like there is gonna be even sadder ones
Jun 1, 2021 9:42 PM

Feb 2021
This episode was a rollercoaster of creepiness, eerie feeling, and sadness. It's kinda disturbing how they have portrayed the future. If that's the future I better get isikied to some magical world.

Jun 16, 2021 7:33 PM

Apr 2021
Well there's a huge puzzle to be solved...Zorome being treated like that....something about an infection....next few episodes are gonna be interesting
Jun 23, 2021 6:53 AM

Jun 2020
They're being awarded and have the chance to visit the city it sure is a great sight to wander around

Zero Two seems a bit silent lately since they've just arrived is there something she knows about this place it sure seems like it, Zorome got lost and an adult treated him she's nice and that's a comfortable yet weird place that she lives in

Infected what does that mean there sure is a lot of hidden information that's been kept away from the group, Interesting how this plays out.
Aug 24, 2021 10:27 PM

Feb 2021
This episode is very different from the all past episodes . It's kinda intresting and but at the same time they didn't give an particular information about these adults

And zero two is not like her in this whole episode , as well as it shown like there is some relationship between zorome and that woman (like mother&son)

It will be great if they show things like how this whole thingbwas started like how these monsters came to this planet and how this papa created the organisation and what exactly lead to the destruction of planet

Hoping all these doubts will be clarified in the further episodes
Nov 21, 2021 3:43 AM

Mar 2020
First Goro, now Zorome, why are all the interesting male characters side characters while the lead is about as interesting as a plank of wood?

Oct 3, 2022 1:42 AM

May 2020
what an interesting episode

to be honest, one of the most intriguing episodes of anime ive ever seen. so much mystery
Jan 6, 2023 2:28 AM
Jan 2023
Season 2 pleace #charlimit
Jan 31, 2023 7:56 PM
Dec 2022
I'm so happy that Kokoro finally appreciates Miku a little bit. The most profound episode so far.
May 4, 2023 12:10 PM

Dec 2022
I wonder how the adults see out of those hats. The guy in the pod had the most sadistic grin on his face ever as well, that's definitely not just being "happy".

Shaded Horizon

Jun 6, 2023 1:51 AM
Jul 2022
This is the one episode where I am in love with Zorome's character - I love how we get to finally learn more about this character, especially when he opens up about his own partner and wanting to be friends with the adults. I'm so sad it had to be cut short, however. I hope we get to see more of this side of Zorome.
Sep 26, 2023 8:13 PM

Nov 2010
The OP gives me goosebumps whenever I listen to it.
Miku and Zorome are like old couples at this point with their constant bickering.
I'm curious to see the other Nines. I wonder if all of them are still alive. Do they all have Klaxosaur blood?

It is an interesting look at how human relationships could possibly evolve in the distant future. With the help of Transhumanism, a person could become self-sustaining in just about everything. I'm sure society will turn out like that. Needing to be in a couple could become obsolete. It will just become a formality.

So, that's what Zero Two meant by saying that the city is lifeless. Ngl, Their society is my ideal. Everyone seems equal and self-sustaining. Order and discipline are maintained at 100% at all times.

I wonder what that old woman said and why she is familiar to Zorome. Interesting mystery.
Oct 21, 2023 7:58 AM

Dec 2022
This sort of representation of a distant future always bothered me. Sure it does seem kind of fcked and messed up that we very well could just just use tools and machines to automatise things like happiness and other emotions but I don't believe it will feel this sad and pathetic.

Nov 30, 2023 7:45 PM

Nov 2023
Ichigo is so annoying, your name is ichigo but your hair is like a blueberry
Feb 12, 8:26 PM

Dec 2022
compelling episode and first episode of this show that REALLY made me think
all i know for sure is these kids' chains are getting yanked around like a bunch of circus monkeys by other (questionably) humans
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2018

597 by akiramado19 »»
Apr 17, 9:34 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2018

328 by Aazoka »»
Apr 6, 10:56 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 13, 2018

565 by otakuanity »»
Mar 29, 12:11 AM

» How do we feel about this one years later? ( 1 2 3 )

sorames - Jun 10, 2023

114 by sunatsf »»
Mar 26, 7:50 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2018

638 by SibunaC »»
Mar 4, 2:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.