Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 17, 2018 6:56 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Whoa, that nightmare....the fear of not wanting to be alone.

Feels like this episode had Kouta deal with some of his personal demons. Even at this point, drama is still pretty evident in this show and I'm actually kinda glad this anime still takes time to explore that.
Mar 17, 2018 9:25 AM
Jun 2016
You know as a depressed person I know and feel how Kouta feels.

This episode was depressing as hell for me.

I liked the way the turn this episode has taken. Other then that Kouta's thoughts made me cry as I saw myself through him but I could never express those feelings and thoughts I have, with my friends. That way I think Kouta has a lot of courage.

Mar 17, 2018 1:08 PM

May 2015
Poor Kouta, I hope he'll find his sparkle in the last episode.
Mar 17, 2018 2:46 PM

Dec 2016
I feel bad for Kouta but what he did to Yuu was actually terrible.
modge
Mar 17, 2018 3:21 PM

Jan 2017
I understand what the writers are trying to do re: Kouta's character, and I can basically exactly predict what will happen in the next and final episode - not exactly rocket science.

Regardless, other slice of life anime have been able to Successfully depict a dark side of an mc and generally likable character (i.e. with somewhat understandable reasoning, etc), but this one just made me not like his character as a whole, and no amount of making up/kissing ass/"Let's be friends and rock this Sanrio Show as a Team" next episode is going to make up for it.

Mar 17, 2018 7:55 PM
Oct 2017
Kouta WAS my favorite character. This episode made me hate his character as a whole in all honesty. It’s kinda frustrating when he keeps on mentioning how he doesnt sparkle the way the other 4 MCs do. What he doesn’t realize is, he contributed A LOT to form the group they have right now. i know he is trying to fight his inner demon and he is frustrated and all, but it came to a point that he even hurt Yu in the process and he continually shuts them off. Expected that the next episode will patch them up together. But I hope he realizes that he has his own sparkle and he is selling himself way too short. HE IS A GREAT GUY.
Mar 18, 2018 3:58 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Kouta wasn't that interesting of a character imo, until these last two episodes. He's so insecure it hurts, because I 100% relate to him. When I was in junior high, I had a lot of really outstanding friends. When you're among such people, you'd start to question who you are and try to make yourself feel valuable and needed. I understand why Kouta wasn't actually happy about everyone helping out, because he felt as if his job was taken, and that he was replaceable. He wanted to do a lot of the work because he wanted to be needed, to do things only he can do. This feels a lot like what we saw in Sakura Quest,

Although Kouta throwing a tantrum and hitting Yuu was wrong, I do think his insecurity is relatable, and he just needs some time to rest, to get rid of his stress and anxiety, before he makes anymore mistakes which he'll regret.

Btw, I wonder what his old friends are making? I guess they haven't given up on Kouta yet, and are preparing a surprise? :o Maybe that'll be what makes Kouta wake up and realize that he is special to a lot of people :>
Mar 18, 2018 6:01 AM

May 2017
Fuck Kouta lol, that's karma for ya, he was being an ass and treated his former friends poorly coz his new friends are cooler now, and that he's also cool just by hanging out with them, lol Hase, reality check
Mar 18, 2018 9:46 PM

Oct 2008
omg! Kouta is being so stubborn emo! very LAME!
3/5.

Mar 19, 2018 7:20 AM

Dec 2016
big shoutout to Kouta's old friends tho for still accepting him for something they initially thought was weird and still supporting him now even after he's basically just ignored them for the whole ass year after meeting the other boys lol
Mar 19, 2018 1:21 PM

Feb 2012
I skimmed through this episode because the drama and all the 'sparkle' talk was painful to sit through but I guess I have to go back to see why everyone hates Kouta now lol
Tbh I can relate to Kouta's predicament and see why he's upset but that smack was unnecessary. It's so weird hearing that deep angry voice from him in contrast to when he was happy.
In the end he should have just told them he felt replaceable and that's why he's upset instead of ignoring the fact thay they cared enough about him to ask their clubs for help. At they same time, though, it's also suspicious that they're so willing to let him go despite claiming to care about him? Doesn't help at all.
Also I always thought the fact thay he ignored his old friends was douchey (is that why everyone doesnt like him now? Guess ill find out later.)

I'm ready for this series to be over tbh
VyudaliMar 19, 2018 1:27 PM
Mar 24, 2018 11:56 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Eliminate Kouta 2k18
I don't care. He was already irredeemable and he just became worse.
Like ooo his problems are ones one can relate toooo. Uh huh, and ain't nobody good who is smacking up their "friends" for it either.
Done. Kouta is done.
Bye.

Will give this show 10/10 if Kouta loses all his friends-- not because I feel he doesn't deserve anyone or anything, just because at this point we already know what to expect-- the happy end. If they do the opposite though, I will laugh my hiney off.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Mar 27, 2018 4:52 PM

Feb 2012
I guess I am the only one cried on this episode, guess my emotions were on high today because Kouta truly made me feel bad for him but also feel bad that the others couldn't see his true feelings. As everyone says it will be a happy ending but ahh don't know why I cried T^T
Nov 24, 2020 7:19 PM

Jun 2014
Kouta is in a lot of pain now, as he feels that he won't be able to sparkle like his friends. He even attacked Yuu.

Hopefully, his dreams will come true in the final episode.

Feb 26, 2021 11:46 AM
Aug 2020
depressing episode but honestly I know exactly the feeling Kouta been going through.
regardless what he did to his friend was childish....
Jul 4, 2021 2:44 AM

Dec 2020
i get that kouta's insecure and jealous because his friend group is literally the most popular kids in school but my guy doesn't seem like he sees them as friends sometimes and thats kinda ... yikes. pushed his friend until the guy got a cut and instead of apologising he .. ran away out of anger? they need a group talk or kouta just needs friends that aren't "sparkling". "you dont get it you dont get it" then make them get it !!! explain shit to them, TALK to them. you're being a lil bitch fix that
Jul 21, 2021 8:34 AM

Aug 2017
I don't feel any sympathy towards Kouta. The drama is awful at this point. They ran out of ideas.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sanrio Danshi Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2018

21 by cacagorilla »»
Jun 14, 2023 6:58 AM

Poll: » Sanrio Danshi Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2018

37 by Kitty-Kate »»
May 8, 2023 8:04 AM

Poll: » Sanrio Danshi Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 13, 2018

43 by Kitty-Kate »»
May 8, 2023 7:39 AM

Poll: » Sanrio Danshi Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2018

28 by sketchy12 »»
May 7, 2023 4:34 AM

» Will we get a second season?

fresitabby - Mar 22, 2023

1 by Luvsdisney »»
Mar 22, 2023 5:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.