Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 16, 2018 10:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, I think this episode was okay. A bit boring for the first half with the buildup.

Shiori and Methode are also making their move. I have to admit, Ayato has some guts for driving while being in the face of danger this episode.
Mar 16, 2018 11:04 AM
Apr 2014
Another recap episode next week
Mar 16, 2018 11:16 AM

Jun 2015
A bit boring at the beginning. Shiori got what she deserved for being so foolish. She thought she could control Methode. Now Kouka is teaming up with Lacia to survive. She looks ridiculous in that outfit.
Mar 16, 2018 11:30 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Arato is determined to stop Lacia from being taken huh. Methode anticipated that Lacia and Arato would try the purge method it seems. The fight at the airport though sure was fun seeing Lacia square off against Methode while Kouka shows up to wreck havoc. It was interesting seeing the kind of reaction that Shiori would make after she realises that she had failed. But the teamup of Lacia and Kouka really was surprising. So Shiori really was being used after all. Methode's schemes are so far ahead that they're scary. Kinda ironic in how Shiori was outsmarted by Methode when she thought she was the one in control. Can't wait to see what happens next.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 16, 2018 12:08 PM

Dec 2017
hm, the budget went on this episode, 'cause of savings from next week's recap

boy, i wish i dropped this show right at the start, but there's no turning back now
Mar 16, 2018 1:38 PM

Sep 2015
I think is REALLY not necesary another recap at this point, but... w/e

Will those "Intermission" episodes count as part of the 24 promised?

Mar 16, 2018 1:38 PM

Nov 2016
Nice action this time,more than I hoped for and Kouka was pretty cool in her cowboy outfit xD

And shit,Shiori got dumped sooner than expected,glad that she survived,tho, so that she can reflect on her mistake.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 16, 2018 1:47 PM

Sep 2015
FMmatron said:
Nice action this time,more than I hoped for and Kouka was pretty cool in her cowboy outfit xD

And shit,Shiori got dumped sooner than expected,glad that she survived,tho, so that she can reflect on her mistake.

Actually, she is not wrong at all, she really neeed to get freedom from the chains that hold her, and take control of her life in some way.
Mar 16, 2018 2:16 PM

Nov 2016
shiro_kai said:
FMmatron said:

Actually, she is not wrong at all, she really neeed to get freedom from the chains that hold her, and take control of her life in some way.

Acting thoughtlessly can make any situation even worse.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 16, 2018 2:59 PM

Aug 2013
Methode, the unpredictable one bois. And...another damn recap next week. Smh.
Don't believe the hype.
Mar 16, 2018 3:33 PM

Dec 2016
Methode was there first as expected, I knew it wasn't going to be that easy for them.

Kouka made it just in time.

No surprise that Methode was using Shiori like that, she was an easy target to manipulate.

Yeah I had a feeling that Arato would be the one to save Shiori at the end there.
Mar 16, 2018 3:35 PM

Sep 2016
Kouka in that cowboy outfit tho 10/10. oh wow March 23 is next week. The "Planned" recap. Time sure flies fast.
The Anime Binge Is Life

-PolarCyrus97 2k17-
Mar 16, 2018 3:42 PM

Jun 2017
Shiori freaking shrekt lol. Looks like Methode didn't care that she indirectly saved her with blowing up that tanker and planes even though her main goal was indirectly killing her but maybe she just took pity or something. It was a well deserved life lesson for Shiori though, you DO NOT try to take robot waifu from Arato. I wonder if they become better friends now.

I didn't expect Kengo to be magically buddies with Kouka after all that happened and her switching sides just because Lacia can forge fake IDs lol.

Also, another recap next week? Are they for real? We had the first one after 5 episodes and they are giving us the second one after 4 lmao. Oh well, they aren't included in the 25 total episodes anyway and the next one should be the last of the recaps because as far as I know they only planned two of them.
Mar 16, 2018 5:43 PM

Jan 2011
damn i knew she was gonna end being a pawn but methode did her dirty like that was messed up

i'm amazed this show still keeps getting me to coming back each week ,with all the parts with the HIEs are what i'm interested in seeing the outcome i mean the fact that they are higher intelligent's acting on the goal of survival to the point that we had Kouka team up is surprising

2 recap episode with in 1 season is terrible tho
Mar 16, 2018 6:54 PM

Sep 2017
Okay, this was a kinda cool episode. Methode is pretty savage. I didn't see a betrayal coming so soon. Lacia and Kouka teaming up was pretty nice. The animation for the fights were solid.

Gotta say it's pretty weird to have another recap already. I'm under the impression that only two recaps are planned, so I figured the next would be in the late teens.
Mar 16, 2018 7:18 PM

Dec 2016
wtf another recap next week? last recap was like 3 weeks ago or something lul so bad
Mar 16, 2018 8:09 PM

Sep 2015
this would have passed as ok, if it weren't for how terrible the last episode was and how it passed into this episode.
N.etorare T.echnical R.esearcher
Mar 16, 2018 8:17 PM

Sep 2012
so uh

was that 9 or 10

also lmao another recap
Mar 16, 2018 10:49 PM

Oct 2012
I feel like this may have been the best episode so far. We got some sci-fi discussion about HIEs living in the human world, their superior thinking and we got to see what they're capable of, both power-wise and their ability to outsmart their directives. Some good action too. If it keeps up like this it will be more than a passable show.
Mar 17, 2018 1:56 AM
Nov 2017
Oh, look. Another fight where they wail away at each other and accomplish nothing except a whole lot of property damage. With a side order of attempted murder.

Is next week the last of the recaps, or is the plan for one every 5th (or is it 4th) episode?
Mar 17, 2018 5:39 AM

May 2012
Great episode, I enjoyed the fights
Mar 17, 2018 8:53 AM

May 2017
FMmatron said:
shiro_kai said:

I agree that she's not wrong but she's such a disappointment, I'd rather if she'd die there
Mar 17, 2018 9:04 AM

Feb 2016
Wow, Methode is very scary. I didn't expect this scheming from her. It looks like both parties had some secret plans for victory. Who knows, maybe that HIE from Egypt didn't exist from start.

Kouka is back with her explosive style, go girl!

The story is interweaving now; robot like hIEs, a human behaviour based hIEs for moderating society and feed back, now super AI versus human intelligence on different reasoning methods.
Mar 17, 2018 1:08 PM

Jul 2014
Great episode, with great maneuvering on all sides and lots of interesting ideas starting to intertwine with one another. However, several things: if Methode is moving as fast as the impact of her blows in "super-speed" would suggest, Arato should have died when the car was sent flying, not least because the car should have exploded from the impact of the kick and subsequent landing. Also, again, if Methode has this "super-speed" function and needs to get rid of Lacia (and Kouka now, I guess), why not just use it all the time and get the job done so much quicker? She's certainly powerful enough to do so, yet sometimes she just doesn't. Also, while I'm glad to see Kouka return again, where the hell did she disappear to the last few weeks? And where has Snowdrop disappeared to, while I'm on that subject? I mean, both characters still have a role to play here, yet only Kouka has re-appeared since they assassinated that politician hIE in the terrorist attack a few episodes ago.
Mar 17, 2018 2:19 PM

Dec 2007

thanks for the info, I felt like they were having trouble to wraping the episodes up which would have been pretty terrible, but if it was already schedule, yep it's better.

Mar 17, 2018 3:26 PM

Jan 2017
Joe88 said:
Another recap episode next week

How could they ever expect us to remember what happened in the (3) whole 20-min episodes since the last recap. *gasp*

Sidenote - it would be really NICE if MAL would APPROVE the Beatless Intermission entry (2 recap episodes) so we could add it to our lists.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

Mar 17, 2018 4:09 PM
Mar 2016
So Methode isn't someone who can be trusted, and it seems tha HiE from Egypt is a physical copy of Shiori, good thing she still alive.
Mar 17, 2018 5:09 PM

Dec 2010
Wow, simply wow. This is not only the best episode so far, but an episode that I enjoyed. And it made me waiting for the next episode. Too bad the next episode is recap. Whatever though.

The fight and twist were really decent. For some reason the fact that Kouka joined them seemed natural for me. Discovering Methode, a superior version, is enough reason to join teams with you previous "opponent". Was Kouka even an antagonist? She did some shit for fun but nothing against protags. No hard feelings, so it seems?

Methode was playing dirty. I had not expected this. But I kind of agree with her: the fact that Methode has superior intelligence is obvious at this point. Shiori should have used her.
Mar 17, 2018 6:02 PM

Jan 2017
Damn, I actually really liked this week's episode even though the detach from the previous episodes makes it feel like I've missed a week

Wtf though, another recap... I think the distributers or studio a trying to rack up views, they seem desperate. I mean, who really needs another recap after like two episodes.

Waiting one week for the next episode is more than enough of a waiting time, geez makin'us wait two instead

They already have budgeting problems, why add this recap to its costs...'cause really, it ain't a half bad anime
tidoesstuffMar 17, 2018 6:06 PM
Mar 17, 2018 6:18 PM
Jan 2017
This might be the point where the series, which had been a comfortable but unremarkable experience thus far, starts taking risks with its characters and setting. Arato is starting to earn his hero cred by saving yet another person's life, and such development is needed for a character that has been generic and bland in the show's early run. Honestly, I'm not really surprised that Methode tried to kill Shiori, as she hasn't been all that trustworthy in previous episodes. Since it's been established that robots are becoming smarter than humans, I'm worried this will be yet another "man vs machine" story, and this theme is dime a dozen thanks to stories like The Matrix, Terminator, Ghost in the Shell, Mass Effect and Halo. If it's done right, then the series should go ahead with it, but it's taking away screentime from Arato and Lacia, the protagonists and whom we are supposed to sympathize with.
Mar 17, 2018 7:54 PM

Jan 2011
Guess we doing recaps every 3 weeks now...
Mar 17, 2018 10:59 PM

Apr 2014
That felt a bit like watching a Michael Bay film... explosions as far as the eye can see, and yet nothing meaningful accomplished in the end.
Mar 18, 2018 3:41 AM

Jul 2015
I hate the fact that the red one has her own theme song... and it sounds the way it does.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Mar 18, 2018 8:19 AM

Jan 2013
The visuals in this anime are going very far down the shitter. I wonder how bad things will be by Episode 24. I dunno why they thought it would be a good idea to start this episode paused on this frame for a good three seconds, but it was not a great way to enter the episode.
Mar 18, 2018 6:08 PM

Oct 2008
DAMN! Methode is extremely overpowered!
poor Shiori! the owner was betrayed by her HIe! hahah! how lame!
Kouka is HOT in her cowboy hotpants outfit!
another recap next week!? superb LAME!
4/5.
matias067Mar 18, 2018 6:11 PM

Mar 18, 2018 7:22 PM

Mar 2012
Another recap episode next week. I'm so confused. At this point we're looking like 4-5 episodes out of 24 being recaps, which is absolutely nuts when you consider the fact that there's a lot the series can do with that time.

But this was a decent episode. Again, I've always felt like Beatless has decent potential with the wide cast of characters each expressing different motivations and an AI-versus-humanity theme that's legitimately worth exploring. This episode demonstrates some of that potential, with Kouka lining up with Lacia to go up against Methode, and Methode actually plotting against her owner Shiori. Shiori was largely saved by Arato, which will probably cement her place in his camp. We'll see how Ryou reacts after this (that a HIE aligned with someone he tried to ally with just tried to kill his sister). Something tells me he'll temporarily still join the other side before coming back around to Arato.
Mar 18, 2018 9:02 PM
Jun 2017
Methode is such a strong opponent that even with tandem of kouka and Lacia cant beat her easily...

and ohhh Methode trying to kill Shiori (her owner)... she musnt be trusted as a hIE...

*and im just sad since after watching the whole episode, the next one will be like another recap episode... hahaha..
Mar 21, 2018 4:13 PM

Feb 2010
zannett said:
Another recap episode next week. I'm so confused. At this point we're looking like 4-5 episodes out of 24 being recaps, which is absolutely nuts when you consider the fact that there's a lot the series can do with that time.

We're not, the recaps don't count towards those 24 episodes. They're a separate thing.
Mar 23, 2018 3:07 PM

Nov 2013
Shiori was manipulated into being Arato's enemy. The betrayal came sooner than expected.

The scene with the burning car reminded me of Mardock Scramble: The First Compression. Fortunately for Shiori, Arato came to save her.

I have the feeling, that Erica is actually a hIE herself instead of a sleeper.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Mar 26, 2018 7:11 PM

Oct 2010
Good shit. If anything I'm cheering shiori on. How many pampered little princesses do you see actually put themselves out there to try and take control of their life in order to be something more? That's commendable at worst.

I can see it now: Lacia sacrifices herself at the end for Arato's ideals, and AratoxShiori ship sails @45knots right into your kokoro as they lead Memeframe into an era of equality, mutual understanding and peaceful coexistance between HIEs and humans.
Apr 1, 2018 8:46 PM

Jun 2013
Wait, so what exactly was Methode trying to accomplish here? Was is that she was just following Shiori's orders to get Lacia returned to Memeframe and then, when the plan failed and she deemed Shiori to be too foolish, decided to dump her as her owner?

If anything, there certainly a lot of players with different motives in this show that make it interesting to see what happens next. Execution needs some work, to be sure.
-Trippwire-Apr 1, 2018 8:54 PM
Apr 5, 2018 3:42 PM

May 2014
DuoraDoll said:
I hate the fact that the red one has her own theme song... and it sounds the way it does.
I hate it as well. It disrupts the flow of everything.

-Trippwire- said:
Wait, so what exactly was Methode trying to accomplish here? Was is that she was just following Shiori's orders to get Lacia returned to Memeframe and then, when the plan failed and she deemed Shiori to be too foolish, decided to dump her as her owner?

If anything, there certainly a lot of players with different motives in this show that make it interesting to see what happens next. Execution needs some work, to be sure.

The execution needs a heck load of work and whoever is doing it really sucks at it. The idea of the anime is great but so poorly made.
What I understood from this episode is that Methode wanted to be legal and apparently (dammed plot hole...) the old guy didn't gave her a lifeline and she needed Shiori to do that instead. It also seems she wants to take the other lacia-class hIE under control and be the only free one or something.

TsundeReaper said:
FMmatron said:

I agree that she's not wrong but she's such a disappointment, I'd rather if she'd die there

Why are you people so harsh to her? She's just a kid, frustrated with her situation, who used a tool and expected it to work accordingly. I can't think of it as thoughtless. The lacia-class hIE are just something different from normal so she couldn't expect Methode to do anything this twisted.
May 6, 2020 8:56 AM

Feb 2018
Shiori was manipulated Arato...
Mar 23, 2023 6:54 PM

Dec 2022
Look at that, being an "owner" is a formality. Who could've seen that coming.
Good episode, because stuff happens.

Shaded Horizon

More topics from this board

Poll: » Beatless Episode 20 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

12 by SWtaervdesn »»
Dec 30, 2023 5:16 AM

Poll: » Beatless Episode 19 Discussion

tidoesstuff - Aug 9, 2018

5 by SWtaervdesn »»
Dec 30, 2023 4:31 AM

Poll: » Beatless Episode 18 Discussion

8 by SWtaervdesn »»
Dec 23, 2023 4:19 AM

Poll: » Beatless Episode 17 Discussion

4 by SWtaervdesn »»
Nov 4, 2023 5:26 AM

Poll: » Beatless Episode 16 Discussion

Stark700 - May 25, 2018

40 by bakakisima »»
Jun 17, 2023 12:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.