Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Laid-Back Camp
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 22, 2018 3:27 PM

Apr 2013
Well my good man, the world is a vast place and maybe in some part of this world there is someone who also despises this show just like you, so don't worry...

*You Are Not Alone by Michael Jackson starts playing*

Ascended Taste
I only came back to this site for the forum sets and to promote my RYM list... Anilist ftw still :dab:
Mar 22, 2018 11:40 PM

Mar 2010
If you don't like Yuru Camp then either it's just not your thing or you have a short attention span, much like Non Non Biyori this series has an amazingly relaxed atmosphere and is a perfect thing to watch when you wanna unwind.

I love that this series is doing better than the hyped up juggernauts of this season because it just goes to show that simplicity is sometimes better than heavy feels, not to mention that this is one of the two first series to get a Nendoroid from this season (the other being Ryuuou no Oshigoto!) so it must be doing something right.
Mar 23, 2018 12:13 AM

Mar 2013
People likes posting trash threads as if it would makes them a hefty amounts of dollars.
Mar 23, 2018 2:46 AM

Jul 2014
Every show that got good ratings or majority actually liked, there always has to be those certain souls that thinks "AM I TEH UNLY UNE THAT DIDNT LIKED UT!?"
Mar 23, 2018 3:30 AM

Nov 2016
I can see why people might not like this show,but your hate is unreasonable.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 23, 2018 3:33 AM

Aug 2017
YES YOU ARE just stop watching sol dude
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 23, 2018 5:35 AM

Nov 2012
GangsterCat said:
A lot of jealous Violet Evergarden fans hate this anime since this is consistently taking #1 spot in this season's blu-ray sales

Unironically this, seems they're not content that chinks like their show so much in their own bilibili ratings.

thepath said:
Girls Last Tour and Yuru are both boring shows. Girls Last Tour was so unbelievably boring, no plot, only two characters in most episodes, feels too slow and not much content per episode

I did not bother to watch Yuru camp more than 5 min. I knew that it going to be boring the moment the people said it is "relaxing" lol. Watching these kinds of anime is like torture. How can someone spend their time and enjoy watching girls just camping and eating with no actual story. It might be better if it had some fanserives/ecchi scenes because those can entertain me.

Now this is classic shit-tier baitposting. Step up your game guys, this dude's gonna bring home the roasted bacon.

Tacsk0 said:
From a feminist point of view, Yuru Camp appears approvable at first sight, since the girls are so independent and proactive. Upon closer inspection one can realize however, that they are commandeered by a male voice, which turns out to be that of an old bearded man, who symbolizes the rule of patriarchy over ladyfolk. The girls' constant cooking activity also reminds the viewership the "lesser sex" belongs in the kitchen, reinforcing gender sterotypes. Yuru Camp is no Thelma and Louis at all, it's a fake road movie!

Wew lad.
SeaJaegerMar 23, 2018 5:44 AM

Want some free EN TL light novels? Take a look at my loot...→Missing out on an Anime OP/ED? Check the complete collection here...→
Mar 23, 2018 5:47 AM
Jul 2018
If you enjoy Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou/Girls Last Tour, you also should able to enjoy Yuru Camp.
Mar 23, 2018 10:45 AM

Feb 2016
You are basically just jealous lol. Simple as that
Mar 23, 2018 11:01 AM

Jul 2014
GangsterCat said:
A lot of jealous Violet Evergarden fans hate this anime since this is consistently taking #1 spot in this season's blu-ray sales

this, i support this statement a lot...
Crocospect22Mar 23, 2018 11:10 AM
Mar 23, 2018 11:09 AM

Jul 2014
thepath said:
Girls Last Tour and Yuru are both boring shows. Girls Last Tour was so unbelievably boring, no plot, only two characters in most episodes, feels too slow and not much content per episode

I did not bother to watch Yuru camp more than 5 min. I knew that it going to be boring the moment the people said it is "relaxing" lol. Watching these kinds of anime is like torture. How can someone spend their time and enjoy watching girls just camping and eating with no actual story. It might be better if it had some fanserives/ecchi scenes because those can entertain me.

the answer is simple: it depends on people taste that's it, in millions people out there you should not think they'll likely have same taste like you, so the part when you said you don't understand why people enjoy this also will be the question for people who not understand why people like the kind anime genre that you like...

and just because you don't enjoy it, doesn't mean it's suck and time torturing suddenly lol...
Mar 23, 2018 12:29 PM

Sep 2014
Oh look, a snowflake!
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Mar 23, 2018 1:44 PM

Jul 2017
no problem if you find this show booring but despise is kind of overreactive word you used as i can see you are quite new to anime and as you see more anime you get more broader prespective about show .. anyway this show is not for you i believe but you have to understand what author trying to show and for whom this show(what kind of audience it targets).its good you discussing it here but i believe good anime watchers(dont misunderstand i am talking about experience and mature watcher's) can't dislike this show.for newbees i think this show is bit slowpaced basically far from mainstream.
And for every one i request to not reply any harsh comment or abuse as everyone has its own taste... also pardon my english
Mar 23, 2018 2:01 PM
Jun 2014
The only thing you are missing is brain cells to comprehend why people really enjoy this anime. Then again if that was as an opinion and not an actual fact from you I don't mind what you say and I would take my statement of you missing brain cells back.

Anyhow, the sales speak for themselves so one guy getting salty over something like this is just stupid. If you were expecting this to be something extraordinary, masterpiece level you probably didn't read the synopsis or just dislike Slice of Life genre in general.

Next time you are going to share "your opinion" on something, be sure to write it in a way that it doesn't seem like you are correct and everyone else is wrong. The only thing I got out a form that comment was a cry from an etlist and nothing more, it seemed like a half asses rant tbh...
Apr 1, 2018 3:06 PM

Mar 2009
FMmatron said:

Bad shows are mostly hilatious. They're so bad that you won't forget them.
This show is boring for some people, like super boring. And boredom is consider second most negative human emotion, that people would chose pain over this. So shows that are super boring, but you can't in point any major flaw, shows that you would score 5/10 are really the one that you hate the most, more than some 1/10 almost unwatchable shit.
And for some people this genre is ultra boring, but they are mostly highly rated and loved by everybody, so those people will willingly suffer again to watch this

3 setps to become Masochist:
1. Read source material
2. Watch anime adaptation
3. Suffer
Bonus Step: Tell everyone that anime is crap becouse Manga/Novel is better (duh..)

How to find the worst trash anime ever, so bad that people should be ashamed for even knowing this trash exist:
1. Check your favorite anime
2. Enjoy your shit taste pleb
Works everytime for everyone.
Apr 1, 2018 3:15 PM

Nov 2016
robhans said:
FMmatron said:

Bad shows are mostly hilatious. They're so bad that you won't forget them.
This show is boring for some people, like super boring. And boredom is consider second most negative human emotion, that people would chose pain over this. So shows that are super boring, but you can't in point any major flaw, shows that you would score 5/10 are really the one that you hate the most, more than some 1/10 almost unwatchable shit.
And for some people this genre is ultra boring, but they are mostly highly rated and loved by everybody, so those people will willingly suffer again to watch this

Any sane person with a bit experience and knowledge about this medium would just accept the fact that this series just isn't made for him,drop it and move on.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 1, 2018 5:37 PM
Jul 2018
TahmehBoy491 said:
This show is already outpacing the infinitely superior Girls Last Tour (...)

Because Girls' Last Tour have a general concept that not everyone can absorb.

Edit:Or... maybe YuruCamp is too simple.
removed-userApr 1, 2018 5:47 PM
Apr 1, 2018 5:53 PM
Jul 2018
You're not the only one, i dropped this series in the moment that i watched it
isn't despise a little harsh?
Apr 2, 2018 7:30 AM
Dec 2012
Personally, I really enjoyed the series.

However, I can see where people may not like it. I had a bunch (10+) friends over a couple of nights ago, and we ended up watching about eight episodes of the series. People generally enjoyed it, but there were a couple of people that eventually wanted to change it up. One opinion was that it was getting boring, in that the pacing was too slow for them. Another opinion came from someone who had bad experiences when camping in the past, so they just had zero interest and found the series to be pointless.

I can see how the pacing may be boring to some people or just the premise in general might not be interesting. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and for those that don't care for this sort of thing, there's thousands of other anime out there to watch. ^_^
^_^
Apr 3, 2018 1:44 AM
Aug 2015
just as vento said, i think you dont intended to made some one angry. you just dont like yuru camp because its like some tutorial for you. for some one who like good scenery and have stressful day, i really like show like yuru camp. im wondering when i see your comments, did he/she doesnt like SOL? no, almost all your anime is about SOL, progressive one though like K-ON, start from unable to able and love it but without teaching you anything just enjoy the show thats what K-ON is the "TRUE" CGDCT. in yuru camp, we cant see any progress, instead, the writer want to see the reader in this case the viewer to progress in knowing what camping is, what we can do, and how enjoyable camping is. for some one doesnt like being dictated, of course it feel stressful. though it is a bit personal, maybe you in real life is often dictated either by your teacher or parents thats why when you want to watch something relaxing you got another dictating thats maybe why you despise it. if you want something like this without any tutorial like, try non non biyori or barakamon. i think you will like it. hope it help
Apr 3, 2018 9:27 AM
Mar 2016
Maybe.
I don't know why you feel that way, so I'll share my thoughts about that show. Maybe it can help.
I haven't finished Yuru Camp, so my judgment is only based on the episodes I watched. It's a little boring IMO and it has no hook so I don't want to watch it more.
What I feel and think about this show so far is:
1. Characters - I have no attachment to the characters yet. They're ok. I find the pink-haired girl a bit annoying especially the voice (but I like her seiyuu a bit) but I can tolerate her. I like the blue-haired camper, but didn't captivate me enough to be the reason to look forward watching the next episode. Many of their interactions seemed like I already saw it in other anime, so the entertainment from their interactions has lessened. Other characters are not fine but not bad.
2. Setting - THe camp sites look relaxing, but not relaxing enough to cure insomnia or at least calm my mind. My mind likes the camp sites but I don't feel anything special about it. I would rate the Non Non Biyori's relaxing settings significantly higher because of its great detail and its a bit lively colors.
3. Enjoyment - I like some moments here and there, but the big moments I don't like that much. Also, no overarching enjoyment. I wanted to finish an episode when I started it, but I'm not motivated enough to watch another episode because it feels like there's nothing more to look for. (Like Shuumatsu Shoujo Ryokou) I love the information it showed about camping. I enjoyed Non Non Biyori a bit more because of some interesting short stories and better background visuals.
4. Narration - I like the narration. But it's a bit disconnected to the show because he's not a character of the show. If any of the significant characters narrated it, I'll not mind.
5. Character drawing - My moe taste is not that wide. It's character design did not hit my taste, but I can tolerate it.
6. Sound - Relaxing. Good. Nice OP. Relaxing ED.
7. Influence - It really makes me want to camp. But then I remembered Chihayafuru where I wanted to do the karuta thing. I thought I would enjoy it but I didn't. And then I also remembered the anime version and the real-life version of some Japanese locations. In the anime, it looks cool but in real life, it ranges from ok to eww. It does not mean I expected to be disappointed because of this but it's just that there will be some challenges that could kill my enjoyment, like setting up the tent. The show seemed to made it look easy (maybe didn't but that's what I feel how the anime portrayed it) but it's actually difficult. Also, the temperature. And the mosquitoes. And traveling. Though I still want to camp but not expect anything big, especially I'm not an outdoor guy but I love to be alone. However, wanting me to camp does not significantly change my opinion about the show.
8. Direction of the story - I love movements to happen. The movements are there but it seemed to be moving because of the pink-haired girl that I don't like. If I like her, I will follow her story. She would be the reason for watching the show. But I don't care about her. I like the blue-haired girl, I want to look forward about what she will do, but she is passive to move the story around. At least it has some movement. Shummatsu Ryokou's movement is a bit pointless (like Death March) but it's good for those who want to explore the world but I don't care about Shuumatsu Ryokou's world that much (I care Death March's world a bit more) so I would choose Yuru Camp over those.

@Vento241 I liked Flying Witch starting the second half. And the second half is kind of similar to Yuru Camp with some educational thing. But for reasons I don't know, I'm not bored with Flying Witch second half and wanting for more.

@thepath I believe this forum is not for you. I suggest to avoid these kinds of forums (forums about relaxing/boring anime). Your comment is too generic almost everyone already heard about it. But nice rehash. It doesn't feel fresh but it's well-written.

"infinitely superior Girls Last Tour" lol. But really, the world-building is what GLT/SSR sells. That's what GLT makes itself superior to Yuru Camp. But I don't care much about the world-building. It looks wonderful in the surface but I don't feel interested about most of the things on that world.
Apr 3, 2018 12:22 PM
Jul 2018
I was never interested in checking out this one from the word go, it just isn’t my cup of tea in an anime genre at all...

I’m so sick and tired of there being nothing but slice of life animes airing recently more than others!
Apr 5, 2018 7:01 AM

Nov 2016
C_C_S said:
I was never interested in checking out this one from the word go, it just isn’t my cup of tea in an anime genre at all...

I’m so sick and tired of there being nothing but slice of life animes airing recently more than others!

Yuru Camp is a very good slice of life though
Apr 5, 2018 7:19 AM

May 2016
I mean you're not the only one, probably.
But people will call you crazy
~ Nas, The "OG Bulgarian"~
Formerly known as:
~ Gokuvich, The "OG Bulgarian"~
Apr 5, 2018 7:50 AM

Mar 2018
At first, I thought you're the type who hate SoL and CGDCT in general so I checked your completed list. And see Luck Star, K-On and Yuru Yuri with 9 rated so I was like "what the actual f*ck?!!" (Seriously, how can someone hate Yuru Camp when they enjoy Lucky Star to that extent? it's beyond me) Haven't watched Last Tour so can't discuss that. But still, what if you're the only one who hates the show? Don't give a sh*t and hate with all your might. You have the right to do. Don't mind you having shit taste or whatever. This is coming from a Yuru Camp lover. I too, despise Akame ga Kill from the bottom of my heart and dropped Violet Evergarden and FranXX at first episode each despite the fact that I'm a fan of both KyoAni and Trigger. Who cares~? There are times when an anime steps on your nerve with only one line or one character and maybe you experienced something like that with Yuru Camp. Just don't do trash talking like "eh, you like Yuru Camp? what a sh*t taste!" which will trigger the fans, including me xD

Apr 5, 2018 7:56 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Goddamn, ''despise'' ?

I get that its noit everyones taste but i didnt know someone would hate Yuru Camp strongly like that.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Apr 6, 2018 2:31 AM

Mar 2013
C_C_S said:

It's not like you can't check out older titles or anything. I mean, it isn't as if there's over thousands of anime out there, right? The way you seems to be so disgusted is really off-putting for slice of fans like me but whatever floats your boat. Just don't succumb to your illness to the point of being dead since you don't seems to know that checking older anime is an option, plus not even 15 or so out of 40 something anime last season belonged to that genre you loath. This spring alone had about no more than 10 slice of life shows, which showcased that not everything is as bad as you're implying .
Arisa_LucifiriaApr 6, 2018 4:17 AM
Apr 6, 2018 2:31 AM

Jul 2013
You're not alone, ally.

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

Apr 17, 2018 11:14 PM
Dec 2013
I don't hate it. It's not the worst thing to ever be made. But I sure as hell don't believe it deserves that 8.36 rating. I mean, I liked it, but 8.36 is trekking too close to something like Monster. Hell this rating apparently trumps the Aria Series.
IHGN Records
-Chiefbigcorn
Apr 18, 2018 4:08 PM

Oct 2010
chiefbigcorn said:
I don't hate it. It's not the worst thing to ever be made. But I sure as hell don't believe it deserves that 8.36 rating. I mean, I liked it, but 8.36 is trekking too close to something like Monster. Hell this rating apparently trumps the Aria Series.

Both Monster and Origination are still way higher, though. I mean, don't take only the raw average into account (which is significant though), both are more than 120 spots higher than this show in the top list. That's hardly "trekking close". And that if you take into account that Yuru Camp is new and has to stand the test of time yet the other two passed it long ago with flying colors.
Sep 24, 2018 12:05 AM
Sep 2018
I absolutely adore this anime. My preferred taste isn’t even this genre. But I gave it a shot and wow I’m happy I did. It’s refreshing and so calming to watch. It’s something after a stressful day to enjoy. Yes episodes feel really long not going to lie about that part. The interactions between characters is so cute and Rin makes the show. I used to camp like this back when I was a kid so that could be what gravitated me towards it. Honestly this a SOL that I think a lot of people might enjoy even if this is way out of there regular genre. I thought I wouldn’t like it too but I own the manga now too. An anime and manga that remind me of camping as a kid and teaches me more. Need I say it again. I adore this anime
You don’t have enough hatred
Dec 28, 2018 2:55 AM

Aug 2016
I watched Yuru Yuri then Yuru Camp and loved both, I thought that slice of life might be one of the genres that I enjoy. Watched all of the first season of Non Non Biyori and didn't like it at all. This anime was really enjoyable to me. Actually at first I came into this thinking I wouldn't like it. After watching Yuru Yuri I was thought the shows I watched next were going to be underwhelming and not good in comparison but this was surprisingly good imo.
Spookie_SenpaiDec 28, 2018 2:17 PM
Jan 5, 2019 12:32 PM

Mar 2017
chiefbigcorn said:
First season of Aria isn't even that great. (Later seasons much better.) I can easily see why it's rated higher. I find it more relaxing which is the entire point of the genre for me.
Jan 11, 2019 8:34 PM

Oct 2015
I am with you OP I completely hate this show. I don't get why it gets so much praise, Violet Evergarden was far superior to this Yuri Camp
Jan 11, 2019 11:25 PM

Nov 2018
Mhmm you overreacted
This is very good (esp. the 2nd half) n that's the majority opinion
Mar 11, 2019 12:25 AM

Jun 2017
You're not alone. Kim Jong-Un dropped this after the first episode.

Mar 18, 2019 11:44 AM

Oct 2007
I like it, but it's not amazing or worth being as highly praised as it is.
Apr 29, 2019 4:19 PM
Aug 2017
Misery loves Company. You don't like this show at all or I should say you despise it, so you feel the need to connect with others who also hate this show which is not surprising.
Apr 29, 2019 8:01 PM

Mar 2016
GangsterCat said:

But I love this series, too, though xD
Apr 29, 2019 8:13 PM
Mar 2019
It's good because it's comfy and we all need some comfy comf
May 2, 2019 2:45 PM
Jan 2019
It's an iyashike, op. Did you seriously expect it to be challenging?

I can understand how they're not some people's thing, but this show is like a warm fuzzy blanket to many, myself included. Cute girls doing cute things with an atmosphere nothing short of charming at worst and outright beautiful at points.

And some people aren't for that. Some people don't like things that are largely 12 episode chill sessions without action or challenge material. But if you approach it with that attitude, or with cynicism or some sense of superiority to everyone else then no wonder you wouldn't like it - that's pretty much against what iyashike is.
Mar 4, 2020 2:48 AM

Jul 2010
I agree that hatred is inappropriate. I understand if the authors chipili to the story beyond measure, sounded was something like Anime no 1. But then it happened, we looked, and we live on. And in general, how can you despise a story about nature, food , and normal human behavior???
May be some anime?
Mar 21, 2020 3:01 AM
Jul 2015
Cuz ure the only lowly human i think
Jul 29, 2021 10:32 PM

Apr 2018
It is by far the best anime I have watched.
The amount of love and care put into every dialogue and expression is not just remarkable, it is genuinely astonishing, and makes me feel intimidated by the idea of just how much effort the creators must have put into something so brilliant, soothing, and extraordinary.
It is indeed the closest thing we have to the "Greatest Anime"
Sep 6, 2021 7:15 AM

Apr 2018
I think it's quite normal to hate some of the Iyashikei imo, I also can't seem to enjoy Aria and Amanchu and dropped Ancient Magus Bride.

Sep 6, 2021 10:15 AM
Aug 2021
I also think that it is kind of understandable that there might be people having a strong negative feeling towards this series (although I absolutely loved it). As pointed out by others, if you are looking for very unique and interesting, unconventional characters that you have never seen before, profound insight on things, engaging storylines with ups and downs with dramas and actions, then this series does not offer any of those. MAL has a bunch of people that had devoted themselves watching tons of shows, people can also get quite upset over things that they think are unfairly overated. This also happens a lot for the community of music listeners, for example there are always an on-going rants about canned, lifeless, overly-simple pop songs that got millions of likes on youtube; I'm not saying that this is the case for Yuru camp, but instead, that there might exist people that would follow or mimic this line of thought.
I also think that sometimes very minor things about a show really can vastly ruin the whole experience (in this case, it seems like the narrating in this show is one of those for OP). My case is Kokoro connect's way of how they make the characters talk about their inner fears in the show - rushed, overly straightforward, often stereotypical; although there are other stuffs about that show that I don't find it likable nor dislikable, it is always this thing that always sets me off. Another thing similar is how they use Gotto-sensei only as a means to push the plots, and everytime Gotto showed up to explain the situation (which is also kind of like a narrator) , I felt absolutely annoyed.
Cabbage_CatSep 7, 2021 8:36 AM
Jul 30, 2022 7:53 AM
Sep 2019
Well, despise might be a strong word, but indeed at this point (ep 10/12) I can say this show is average at best in my opinion. Basic style and animation, uninteresting characters who are mostly representing the same catalogue of characters, and above all it portrays the camp experience as something cute-y and fashionable and nice and clean. Where is the mud? Where is the sweat? And the blisters? And the damp and cold?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuru Camp△ Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2018

288 by FranqitoH »»
Apr 12, 5:10 PM

Poll: » Yuru Camp△ Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2018

133 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 11, 5:55 AM

Poll: » Yuru Camp△ Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2018

116 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 11, 5:30 AM

Poll: » Yuru Camp△ Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2018

107 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 10, 3:29 PM

Poll: » Yuru Camp△ Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2018

106 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 9, 8:21 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.