Forum Settings
Forums

Do you ever hate any anime because it suggests you to do something you despised?

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Post New Reply
#1
Mar 14, 5:23 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 5614
This happens for me for... Twice.

The reason I despised End of Evangelion is because it suggests that people like Asuka deserves to breathe the same air as me and I have to accept their existence. Not going to happen anytime, I'd rather go to jail for murder case than being together with someone as obnoxious, disgusting as Asuka. From what I heard from the fanbase, they think that Asuka isn't that obnoxious and that it's bearable for them but for me? Sorry but my patience level for person with such attitude is incredibly low.

Second, while I don't hate it as much as in the past, it's The Tatami Galaxy. It suggests me to just confess my love to any available girl, as if marriage isn't a big deal to begin with. I've concerned this for years and years ever since my high school age that while I don't want perfect gf because I think they'll be boring, I expect my future gf will be the lock to my keyhole. It must fit me as well as it can be. And someone like Akashi is definitely not my type of girl. I overthinked such things, admittedly. And for the anime to discard my thoughts like a piece of used tissue, I found it to be disrespectful.

Oh, my score scale now pictures on how much I enjoyed a series or not, so well, that's some bit of it and I'd like to know if you ever feels to be suggested to do something you won't do no matter the circumstances.
Modified by You, Mar 14, 5:27 AM
 
#2
Mar 14, 5:26 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 2108
So what you're saying is that you can't accept or even tolerate different ways of thinking, sounds fun.
when ur about to have a refreshing sip of earl grey tea and someone says "traps are gay"
 
#3
Mar 14, 5:29 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 2464
You said:
This happens for me for... Twice.

Second, while I don't hate it as much as in the past, it's The Tatami Galaxy. It suggests me to just confess my love to any available girl, as if marriage isn't a big deal to begin with. I've concerned this for years and years ever since my high school age that while I don't want perfect gf because I think they'll be boring, I expect my future gf will be the lock to my keyhole. It must fit me as well as it can be. And someone like Akashi is definitely not my type of girl.



Welp there goes my Rose Campus Lyf... we do have in common but in an opposite way..

Honestly finding someone like Akashi.. in college sure takes my beyond impression on hitting someone... besides her harsh cold traits.. it truly piques my interest of her :)

--FUN-- things die if they eat dog food ----
 
#4
Mar 14, 5:33 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 45
Boku No Pico suggested me to have sex with kids
Come on Teletubby, teleport us to Mars !
 
#5
Mar 14, 5:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 923
While it's fair to dislike Asuka for being an asshole (though she is supposed to come off that way) I think you might have completely missed the point of The Tatami Galaxy. The point was not in any way that you should just date whoevers around you. It was that you shouldn't let meaningful opportunities slip away cause you're too busy chasing empty ideals/too afraid to take a real risk. He was always in love with that girl. It wasn't saying you should just date anyone, or date a girl with this specific personality? I mean honestly how did you misunderstand that show that badly. Did Naruto offend you because you felt it was suggesting that becoming the hokage was the only legitimate path in life?

Edit Also out of curiosity wtf is up with your manga list? How have u been reading something for hundreds of years?
Modified by simonephone, Mar 14, 5:38 AM
come with me empty human
 
#6
Mar 14, 5:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 1000
no thats stupid and anyone who hates an anime for that reason is stupid


 
#7
Mar 14, 5:46 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 3526
I don't particularly have issues with shows that suggests something in stark contrast to my opinions. As long as it falls within a certain margin of making sense, I'm completely fine. There's also times where humans let their emotions go out of control and end up clouding any sense of logic, so having some of that in anime is frustrating but can also be a positive for the anime.

In other words, it's like "I get where you're coming from, but I wouldn't do it myself nor do I think it's the most efficient way to go about this".
I swear I'm not a lolicon.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

If you like my opinions, consider my YouTube channel | My MAL Interview

Opinions are all relevant. I express mine freely and believe everyone should too. Unless you say "<Insert anime here> is the best! Everything else sucks", then GTFO.
 
#8
Mar 14, 6:20 AM
Self-produce.

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 1131
While I can understand wanting to have your standards affirmed, isn't it ultimately harder on you to adhere to them? Especially in regards to a relationship mate, that's a two-way road. Tolerance and compromise go hand-in-hand in that regard, and it's very much something that arises situationally. I feel as if by perpetuating the notion of something having to be a certain way, you hold yourself off from any opportunity that develops through adversity (as many relations do). Just my two cents, I'd think you'd do well to learn how to let go.

More so in the nature of the thread though, no. I don't really 'hate' anime, even the ones I'm not so fond of.
It's a waste of energy to give something like that recognition.
Modified by Chandela, Mar 14, 6:24 AM
 
#9
Mar 14, 6:39 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 1387
Nope.
That's kinda stupid, it's just an animation. Why would you hate something because of it?
It felt like offended by little stuff.
We know some stuff are fucked up from the beginning, but what else you can do about it?
 
Mar 14, 7:05 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 5004
tfw thought dis was shitpost cause of that tragedydesu wall at the beginning
Even tho there was a faint chance of that miracle happening, you prayed for it to happen. You prayed for and bet on the power of a miracle, one so unlikely it was totally impossible, less likely than finding a bead you've dropped on a sandy beach.
 
Mar 14, 8:19 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 5614
Scarlett_ryuken said:
tfw thought dis was shitpost cause of that tragedydesu wall at the beginning
Tragedydesu? Let's call him @tragedydesu
But his answer will be as predictable as ever I suppose: "Re:Zero because it suggest people to choose Emilia over Rem"
Xaelath said:
Nope.
That's kinda stupid, it's just an animation. Why would you hate something because of it?
It felt like offended by little stuff.
We know some stuff are fucked up from the beginning, but what else you can do about it?
assyrian said:
no thats stupid and anyone who hates an anime for that reason is stupid
Menzo- said:
So what you're saying is that you can't accept or even tolerate different ways of thinking, sounds fun.
Thank you for making me looks like a SJW <3
simonephone said:
While it's fair to dislike Asuka for being an asshole (though she is supposed to come off that way) I think you might have completely missed the point of The Tatami Galaxy. The point was not in any way that you should just date whoevers around you. It was that you shouldn't let meaningful opportunities slip away cause you're too busy chasing empty ideals/too afraid to take a real risk. He was always in love with that girl. It wasn't saying you should just date anyone, or date a girl with this specific personality? I mean honestly how did you misunderstand that show that badly. Did Naruto offend you because you felt it was suggesting that becoming the hokage was the only legitimate path in life?

Edit Also out of curiosity wtf is up with your manga list? How have u been reading something for hundreds of years?
Because I liked the other girl more I guess? Lmao

My manga list (Or I suppose my list or even me laifu as a whole) is a meme.
 
Mar 14, 8:20 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 454
I would say that is the main reason why most people don't like Shinji or Subaru. They hit too close to home for them.
 
Mar 14, 8:22 AM

Online
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 1213
I hate haruhi garabagemiya and her series. This series teaches you to tolerate mean, aggressive btiches and that sexually harassing someone and being bossy and aggressive is okay.

On a side note, I don't hate boku no hero academia, but I hate the way it tells me that kids with anger issues like bakutrash can become heroes. In real life, he'll be thrown in jail or a mental institution.
Modified by DepravedMagi, Mar 14, 8:27 AM
 
Mar 14, 8:23 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 5614
StarSwoardsman said:
I would say that is the main reason why most people don't like Shinji or Subaru. They hit too close to home for them.
I'd still choose Rem and kill Asuka if I were them though
 
Mar 14, 8:26 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 28725
Sounds like you need some professional help if that's all you got out of these shows and are serious about your reactions.

One of the creepiest posts I ever read on AD tbh.
Modified by Pullman, Mar 14, 8:29 AM


StephenCovey said:
Most of us don't listen with the intent to understand, they listen with the intent to reply.


 
Mar 14, 8:29 AM
</denied>

Offline
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 3368
Are you saying you want all your media to share your same world views? That sounds like a good way to get no life experience.


ɪꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛᴡᴏ ᴏꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ʀᴇᴄᴏɢɴɪᴢᴇ ᴇᴀᴄʜ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ᴀɴᴅ ʜᴏɴᴇꜱᴛʟʏ ʀᴀɪꜱᴇ ᴇᴀᴄʜ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ᴜᴘ
ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ʙᴇᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇꜱᴛ ʜᴇʀᴏᴇꜱ, ᴡʜᴏ ʙᴏᴛʜ ᴡɪɴ ᴀɴᴅ ʀᴇꜱᴄᴜᴇ.


 
Mar 14, 8:29 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 1703
No because I don't care about any messages or suggestions the anime comes up with
 
Mar 14, 8:29 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 5614
Pullman said:
Sounds like you need some professional help if that's all you got out of these shows and are serious about your reactions.

One of the creepiest posts I ever read on AD tbh.
Ooooh ofc I'm so serious bby~

I'm sooooooo mad at Anno I hold vendetta against him and I'll murder him at his office huehuehueee~

Stripes said:
Are you saying you want all people to share your same world views? That sounds like a good way to get no life experience.
ftfy. I am the ultimate commie weeaboo.
 
Mar 14, 8:30 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 454
You said:
StarSwoardsman said:
I would say that is the main reason why most people don't like Shinji or Subaru. They hit too close to home for them.
I'd still choose Rem and kill Asuka if I were them though

Here is the thing about him choosing seem. If he had done so, then that would have defeated the whole purpose of the show. The show is really about self development and actualization. Ren accepted Subaru for exactly who he was. Emilia accepted him, but knew that he had to grow. If Subaru had went with Rem he would have settled because he didn't love her and there would have been no actualization.
 
Mar 14, 8:34 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 5614
StarSwoardsman said:
You said:
I'd still choose Rem and kill Asuka if I were them though

Here is the thing about him choosing seem. If he had done so, then that would have defeated the whole purpose of the show. The show is really about self development and actualization. Ren accepted Subaru for exactly who he was. Emilia accepted him, but knew that he had to grow. If Subaru had went with Rem he would have settled because he didn't love her and there would have been no actualization.
grow as in? I don't see anything good in keep dying over and over again again for a girl whom appearance barely matters for me.
 
Mar 14, 9:05 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 5378
I can't tolerate anime who treat abusive/forced relationships like something funny (nisekoi/toradora)

Also Rem should have won
Teasing a sinked ship to death is a disgusting way to write a story
 
Mar 14, 10:24 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 454
You said:
StarSwoardsman said:

Here is the thing about him choosing seem. If he had done so, then that would have defeated the whole purpose of the show. The show is really about self development and actualization. Ren accepted Subaru for exactly who he was. Emilia accepted him, but knew that he had to grow. If Subaru had went with Rem he would have settled because he didn't love her and there would have been no actualization.
grow as in? I don't see anything good in keep dying over and over again again for a girl whom appearance barely matters for me.

You aren't getting it.

If Subaru got with Rem then he wouldn't have had to grow and mature. She loved him as is. He would have had a mediocre life.

With Emilia he had to become a better person and learn how to love himself. He matured because of this. That's the whole point of the serious. Do things and be around people that force you to become better.
 
Mar 14, 10:30 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 10741
Not sure if this counts, but I hate all the religion stuff in anime because, well, it causes nothing but problems. Stupid characters think they can just say, "I believe in so-and-so and therefore I can do this and that."

For example, I just finished Zero no Tsukaima, and that one blonde rich girl (Beatrice) tried to make an elf go in a pot of boiling water.

Religion does nothing but harm people in anime. It pisses me off to no end.




Set by Transience
MT Loyalty - Red || White
 
Mar 14, 10:40 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 824
No, that just sounds stupid.
Isn’t whole point of Asuka is seeing how her past fucked up her and made her to be a bitch? I think she would be worse character if she’s not bitch. Also, you missed the point of tatami galaxy as others said.
 
Mar 14, 10:42 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 2437
You said:
This happens for me for... Twice.

The reason I despised End of Evangelion is because it suggests that people like Asuka deserves to breathe the same air as me and I have to accept their existence. Not going to happen anytime, I'd rather go to jail for murder case than being together with someone as obnoxious, disgusting as Asuka. From what I heard from the fanbase, they think that Asuka isn't that obnoxious and that it's bearable for them but for me? Sorry but my patience level for person with such attitude is incredibly low.

Sounds like you are the Asuka here, you know what to do next.
 
Mar 14, 10:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 8149
No,my tolerance level is pretty high.
Kokoro did nothing wrong.

 
Mar 14, 10:50 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 6672
Calls someone obnoxious and disgusting
says he would rather murder than accept someone

ok mate
sounds legit
are you retarded?

also, end of evangelion isn't about you
it's about shinji


I don't even understand the bit about Tatami Galaxy, but you're wrong if you think it tells you to do anything
 
Mar 14, 11:06 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 5614
StarSwoardsman said:
You said:
grow as in? I don't see anything good in keep dying over and over again again for a girl whom appearance barely matters for me.

You aren't getting it.

If Subaru got with Rem then he wouldn't have had to grow and mature. She loved him as is. He would have had a mediocre life.

With Emilia he had to become a better person and learn how to love himself. He matured because of this. That's the whole point of the serious. Do things and be around people that force you to become better.
But he never gets better and still as stupid as ever even until the end.
velvetPhos said:
No, that just sounds stupid.
Isn’t whole point of Asuka is seeing how her past fucked up her and made her to be a bitch? I think she would be worse character if she’s not bitch. Also, you missed the point of tatami galaxy as others said.
So?if her past is fucked up then? Literally almost every tsundere ever has pretty fucked up life as well, name it: Taiga Aisaka, Rin Tohsaka, Sora Kasugano, even fkin DDLC Natsuki. The difference is that, they're less of a bitch about it, and that the series doesn't try to hyperbole about these traits of her or forced them into my face to accept such person in my life. After Shinji denies instrumentality, the very first person exists in his sight is that cunt and the series made him accept her, which I won't and will just keep choking her to death instead.
EcchiKnightDarek said:
You with his shitposting, rare sight indeed. Suck nothing will ever come close to your miyazaki thread... or was it not you? No, pretty sure it was you, after that you went downhill.

The answer is no by the way.

Second, while I don't hate it as much as in the past, it's The Tatami Galaxy. It suggests me to just confess my love to any available girl, as if marriage isn't a big deal to begin with. I've concerned this for years and years ever since my high school age that while I don't want perfect gf because I think they'll be boring, I expect my future gf will be the lock to my keyhole. It must fit me as well as it can be. And someone like Akashi is definitely not my type of girl. I overthinked such things, admittedly. And for the anime to discard my thoughts like a piece of used tissue, I found it to be disrespectful.
That is not what the show suggested at all... It is about unrealistic expectations and contantly chasing after that perfect girl, when it simple never existed. It is there to say that you can find happiness with an average, not really out of ordinary girl, it is about making that important decision and not ending up alone by the end of it because you could not notice a chance, a chance for a happy life with an average normal girl... instead of endlessly chasing the impossible perfect girl... oh well. That is at least what I got out of it when I watched it, and why I loved that show so much.
Of course none will even comes off as close to that post, not at least for 6 months. I still value my MAL life so I have to lowkey made it a bit serious which will ended up halfhearted such as this post, but yeah as you suggest there's some bit of seriousness in this post, albeit not much.

And for TTG, I don't know if an average girl can please me, really. There's bunch of weird fetish of mine absolutely needs to be satisfied and that's why I really concerned about it. I simply can't have my future wife be vanilla at all. Speaking of which, I think Morimi is rather weird, since on his prior novel Mijikashi, there's that girl which appearance would be more suitable for Watashi while in his next novel TTG, he implies such thing can't be exist. I really liked Mijikashi though.
 
Mar 14, 11:07 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 454
@You Did you even watch the show? If you did, then there is no way that you could say something that is so false. Just because he didn't become 100% alpha doesn't mean that he didn't get better. Real people don't just become badasses like that. He learned to love himself. That is a big enough jump for him.
 
Mar 14, 11:11 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 5614
Aquamirror said:
You said:
This happens for me for... Twice.

The reason I despised End of Evangelion is because it suggests that people like Asuka deserves to breathe the same air as me and I have to accept their existence. Not going to happen anytime, I'd rather go to jail for murder case than being together with someone as obnoxious, disgusting as Asuka. From what I heard from the fanbase, they think that Asuka isn't that obnoxious and that it's bearable for them but for me? Sorry but my patience level for person with such attitude is incredibly low.

Sounds like you are the Asuka here, you know what to do next.
Suggesting me to kms? My answer will be as simple as: No u
Imaishi said:
Calls someone obnoxious and disgusting
says he would rather murder than accept someone

ok mate
sounds legit
are you retarded?

also, end of evangelion isn't about you
it's about shinji


I don't even understand the bit about Tatami Galaxy, but you're wrong if you think it tells you to do anything
Well seriously though, I can't live with such person. But nope, murder won't be my first choice. I'd probably change workplace or boarding houses. But if I was in Shinji place, that's the exact thing I'll do after rejecting instrumentality.
StarSwoardsman said:
@You Did you even watch the show? If you did, then there is no way that you could say something that is so false. Just because he didn't become 100% alpha doesn't mean that he didn't get better. Real people don't just become badasses like that. He learned to love himself. That is a big enough jump for him.
I don't need him to become Alpha, I just want Subaru to finally use his brain and stop being a sexist pig, which he still do on around episode 22.
 
Mar 14, 11:16 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 454
 
Mar 14, 11:19 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 5614
StarSwoardsman said:
@You How is he a sexist pig??? He is if anything a "nice guy".

>Preventing Rem to fight because "A cute girl like you shouldn't fight, let me do it instead" while in reality, Rem's physique and magic power>>>>>>>>>>Subaru which means it's retarded sexism.
>in around episode 22 he pulls off the same thing to Emilia

Not only Subaru tbh, that Wilhelm or whoever is also very sexist in his backstory.
 
Mar 14, 11:22 AM
Tsundere Expert

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 1312
I didn't like the fact that Code Geass wanted everyone to believe that it's a clever anime and how Lelouch is a clever badass when neither of those were apparent on top of the entire show itself being riddled with contrivances and poor excuses for plot conveniences. I didn't want to be one the sheep to say that Code Geass was amazing when it was pretty meh, honestly.
Certified Tsundere Twintails Fetishist Resident Fate Fanboy
 
Mar 14, 11:24 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 547
You didn't understand Asuka's character, not even a bit. The fact she is "rude" is her own way of coping with her own low self-steem and she perfectly knows it isn't healthy (why do you think she would have tried to commit suicide in Episode 24?).

Now answering to the post: I don't think I dislike anything exactly because of those reasons. Maybe Elfen Lied, because it tries to make me feel sympathy with the diclonius when they are dangerous crazy psychopath monsters.
Modified by SuzuMine-chan, Mar 14, 11:45 AM
 
Mar 14, 11:27 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 1981
I just don't give a shit about political correctness or anything of the sort... It's utterly pointless and just downright borderline retarded...

But I agree that Asuka is a little whiny bitch... I also hold that hate...
Need OSTs in HQ? Message Me~ I'll Get em For You... The Only Cost is Your SOUL...
 
Mar 14, 11:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 5614
OmegaOtaku said:
I didn't like the fact that Code Geass wanted everyone to believe that it's a clever anime and how Lelouch is a clever badass when neither of those were apparent on top of the entire show itself being riddled with contrivances and poor excuses for plot conveniences. I didn't want to be one the sheep to say that Code Geass was amazing when it was pretty meh, honestly.
Code Gayass is amazing because Ledouche has fucc me right in the pussi, breh.
SuzuMine-chan said:
You didn't understand Asuka's character, not even a bit. The fact she is "rude" is her own way of coping with her own low self-steem and she perfectly knows it isn't healthy (why do you think she would have tried to commit suicide in Episode 22?).

Now answering to the post: I don't think I dislike anything exactly because of those reasons. Maybe Elfen Lied, because it tries to make me feel sympathy with the diclonius when they are dangerous crazy psychopath monsters.
Suicide as in fighting that Hallelujah angel knowing she will lose? But for real, why should I felt any sense of sympathy for her?
 
Mar 14, 11:43 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 547
You said:
SuzuMine-chan said:
You didn't understand Asuka's character, not even a bit. The fact she is "rude" is her own way of coping with her own low self-steem and she perfectly knows it isn't healthy (why do you think she would have tried to commit suicide in Episode 22?).

Now answering to the post: I don't think I dislike anything exactly because of those reasons. Maybe Elfen Lied, because it tries to make me feel sympathy with the diclonius when they are dangerous crazy psychopath monsters.
Suicide as in fighting that Hallelujah angel knowing she will lose? But for real, why should I felt any sense of sympathy for her?
My point still stands. You hadn't even tried to understand her, didn't you? And by suicide, I mean when she slitted her wrist at the bath in Episode 24 (it's not visible but it's made very obvious).

She's broken and she has as much problems as Shinji has, but she's agressive with him basically because of how he reminds her of herself. I don't mean you should feel bad but you should try to understand her before shitting on her (like with real people lol).
Modified by SuzuMine-chan, Mar 14, 11:47 AM
 
Mar 14, 11:54 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 5614
SuzuMine-chan said:
You said:
Suicide as in fighting that Hallelujah angel knowing she will lose? But for real, why should I felt any sense of sympathy for her?
My point still stands. You hadn't even tried to understand her, didn't you? And by suicide, I mean when she slitted her wrist at the bath in Episode 24 (it's not visible but it's made very obvious).

She's broken and she has as much problems as Shinji has, but she's agressive with him basically because of how he reminds her of herself. I don't mean you should feel bad but you should try to understand her before shitting on her (like with real people lol).
Ok then your life is fucked up, but that's just like everyone else in the story. So? Why would she demand such a special snowflake treatment? She never deserves that.
 
Mar 14, 11:56 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 547
You said:
SuzuMine-chan said:
My point still stands. You hadn't even tried to understand her, didn't you? And by suicide, I mean when she slitted her wrist at the bath in Episode 24 (it's not visible but it's made very obvious).

She's broken and she has as much problems as Shinji has, but she's agressive with him basically because of how he reminds her of herself. I don't mean you should feel bad but you should try to understand her before shitting on her (like with real people lol).
Ok then your life is fucked up, but that's just like everyone else in the story. So? Why would she demand such a special snowflake treatment? She never deserves that.
Do you try to understand other people? It's not like she's special but she's a human who needs to be understood before being critiziced (like with everyone; you don't talk shit about people you don't know right? Same here)
 
Mar 14, 12:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 5614
SuzuMine-chan said:
You said:
Ok then your life is fucked up, but that's just like everyone else in the story. So? Why would she demand such a special snowflake treatment? She never deserves that.
Do you try to understand other people? It's not like she's special but she's a human who needs to be understood before being critiziced (like with everyone; you don't talk shit about people you don't know right? Same here)
Of course I do. I could see how Shinji don't want to pilot the robot or so. I could tolerate it, even if it's me I'd pilot the robot without any hesitation because it's either you're under heavy risk of dying vs you'll 100% die along with the humanity, and I'll of course choose the former.
 
Mar 14, 12:02 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 1146
yes i understand you man, it tells you to live and do things,get a waifu and yet you are still alone sitting at home watching anime
 
Mar 14, 12:03 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 547
You said:
SuzuMine-chan said:
Do you try to understand other people? It's not like she's special but she's a human who needs to be understood before being critiziced (like with everyone; you don't talk shit about people you don't know right? Same here)
Of course I do. I could see how Shinji don't want to pilot the robot or so, I could tolerate it.
Then, why not do the same with Asuka and try to understand the reasons why she acts the way she acts? I mean, you can dislike her or even hate her, but don't do it for the wrong reasons.
 
Mar 14, 12:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 5614
SuzuMine-chan said:
You said:
Of course I do. I could see how Shinji don't want to pilot the robot or so, I could tolerate it.
Then, why not do the same with Asuka and try to understand the reasons why she acts the way she acts? I mean, you can dislike her or even hate her, but don't do it for the wrong reasons.
Because I couldn't see the logic behind her actions. You don't brag and act big while being incompetent in reality in order to be respected or even just being noticed positively. Being humble>>>>>>>>>>
People will notice you if you're actually talented at something anyways. If she can't be the best in piloting robots, she could be better at something else such as setting strategies, attitude, tidiness, or perhaps just in sucking your superiors dicc a.k.a being a hypocrite.
 
Mar 14, 1:13 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 454
You said:
StarSwoardsman said:
@You How is he a sexist pig??? He is if anything a "nice guy".

>Preventing Rem to fight because "A cute girl like you shouldn't fight, let me do it instead" while in reality, Rem's physique and magic power>>>>>>>>>>Subaru which means it's retarded sexism.
>in around episode 22 he pulls off the same thing to Emilia

Not only Subaru tbh, that Wilhelm or whoever is also very sexist in his backstory.

Was that in the dub? Because in the sub he sent Rem away because he didn't want her to fight his battles anymore. The dude allowed Rem to carry him for a few episodes.

And he did save Emilia so how is that sexist?

I think that you are projecting.

Oh, and Asuka has borderline personality disorder.
 
Mar 14, 4:48 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 5614
StarSwoardsman said:
You said:

>Preventing Rem to fight because "A cute girl like you shouldn't fight, let me do it instead" while in reality, Rem's physique and magic power>>>>>>>>>>Subaru which means it's retarded sexism.
>in around episode 22 he pulls off the same thing to Emilia

Not only Subaru tbh, that Wilhelm or whoever is also very sexist in his backstory.

Was that in the dub? Because in the sub he sent Rem away because he didn't want her to fight his battles anymore. The dude allowed Rem to carry him for a few episodes.

And he did save Emilia so how is that sexist?

I think that you are projecting.

Oh, and Asuka has borderline personality disorder.
He just say that "a cute girl shouldn't fighting", dragged Rem out of the fight, and tried to fight the dogs himself, in which Rem is far more capable than him.

And no, luckily there's someone that stop Subaru from trying to 'protect' Emilia.
 
Mar 14, 5:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 454
You said:
StarSwoardsman said:

Was that in the dub? Because in the sub he sent Rem away because he didn't want her to fight his battles anymore. The dude allowed Rem to carry him for a few episodes.

And he did save Emilia so how is that sexist?

I think that you are projecting.

Oh, and Asuka has borderline personality disorder.
He just say that "a cute girl shouldn't fighting", dragged Rem out of the fight, and tried to fight the dogs himself, in which Rem is far more capable than him.

And no, luckily there's someone that stop Subaru from trying to 'protect' Emilia.
See, that's why I don't watch dubs.

And Inmeabt the last episode, my bad.
 
Mar 14, 5:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 6345
Yes, there have been plenty of times when I disagreed with the anime's "message" or got really tired of them constantly and blatantly beating me over the head with it and it was enough to make me dislike the show.
"When you've got the upper hand, don't lose it by giving a lecture"
-Shannon Casul (Scrapped Princess)

 
Mar 14, 5:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 1394
Nope every thing I see I at most can be angry at and rate it low out of spite. But
rage and annoyance are different from hate. So I see lots of things in anime but
I don't look at the things that happen in it as love and hate, rather entertaining and wasted time.
 
Mar 14, 6:00 PM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 666
I don't think anime, game, or movie ever Suggest anything
it's just there, the viewer choose to believe it or not
 
Mar 14, 6:23 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 2080
I'm not a fan of when anime suggests "nobody can be happy without friends and a proactive social life"

I pratically have no friends and only engage in social interaction when required, and I'm totally fine with it.

In fact, I couldn't have it any other way.
Thinking of sending me a friend request?

Before you do it, please check the 'Friend request' section of my profile.
 
Top
Pages (2) [1] 2 »